LCD Advent of the Archmage (formerly known as "Descent of the God of Magic")

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jan 24, 2018.

1. webreader

webreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    elena that shadow thing/demon that attacked elenor?

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe so. Elena is...well...read on!

3. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    No I think she was the "undead" woman that was talking to the shadow. My guess is that the shadow is a part of that demon that is locked under the academy. He is the one telling people where he is locked up and trying to free himself.

4. Goldaer

Goldaer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    makes sense, now we can guess where Elena got her "holy powers" from.

Also the Tilte of "The Demon's first Apperarance" gives a "subtle" hint ^^

KidBuu likes this.
  5. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm, just found this yesterday and I've caught up. Color me intrigued, it seems like it's going to be pretty good, but at times I get the feeling like certain things were forgotten or details were changed in later chapters. In any case, it's not overly affecting my enjoyment; so far the novel's been pretty solidly above average.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Is good. You will enjoy. :p

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why it is good...non-stupid fleshed out villains!

So refreshing. Not since WMW are the villains so well thought out.:p

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The human interactions are so bad. It is like reading about toddlers communicating
    Only the quests and game system are interesting.
    It is a chore to read anything else

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    If you paid attention you would have noticed that the author is not even half as smart as you haha. Look at the dialogue between characters and the interactions. It is horrible. Chinese novels think saying I your father every paragraph is comedy.
    People criticize Japanese novels but characters interactions and comedy are authentic and usually a joy to read

KidBuu likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that if both Shade and Bale were female, the author would have found a way to save them and add them to the harem
    The interactions with female characters are horrible and infantile
    The author is also very lazy with names: one character called Andy and another called Anderson
    We have names like Elaine and Eleanor or something

KidBuu likes this.
  11. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww thank you. My useless degree is not so useless at all haha.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You are welcome. Link killed the Dark Elfen princess . So maybe he is just racist since even though every race considers dark magic evil. Link puts dark magicians above other races.
    The story I have no hope for. I only care for the quests and hope there is good kingdom building but I doubt kingdom building will have any surprises
    The story is too stary forward and mary sue at this point
    Taming Master will fill my kingdom building void so its ok

13. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I don't have a problem with him killing a princess but for how smart he is supposed to be he is not making good decisions.

He had a mission to go investigate a cave right but he decided that the risk was to high and he would pass. This isn't a bad decision it is actually smart to know your limits but why just bury the information? He had connections to the intelligence group of the kingdom why not just pass it on to them? He could have damaged the dark elf forces in the region, gotten a better relationship with the human intelligence agency, and stayed save at the same time.

Another thing I think would have been more intelligent involves the Dark elf princess. Remember that Duke in charge of the intelligence group that was getting yelled at by the king for failing so much? How the king ordered to him find the survivor of the attack in the city, dark elf princess, or he would get punished? Now Link wouldn't know that exact conversation but by the failures of the intelligence group it isn't hard to think that they would need a victory to save face. So back to the dark elf princess Link didn't want to take credit for the kill because of the trouble it would bring. He should have taken her head and that coded scroll and met with that Duke privately. Negotiated with the Duke for the CREDIT of finding those items and him paying link in gold or better yet powerful connections. Duke would have easily accepted anything because he needed this win. He needed a boast to his damaged reputation and then publicly it would have been known the Duke killed the princess and not Link.

I read taming master and I enjoy the kingdom/organization building but I am not to big on Ian and his luck. Personally I think he got too strong too fast considering the levels of current users and him having to divide his xp with his pets. Also think he gets epic grade quests too often but some of them are fine since they are connecting but hey its a good read.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The Duke is supposed to be evil and yes the machinations are poor. Just saw the loli dwarf scene, it is not pretty. Loli fan service is just poor taste. It is sad but TV Shows have multiple writers, expecting one author to be versed in many facets of story telling is a fool's errand
    Also, most are not even trained as authors. I am guessing the author is a graduate in Physics or Chemistry or something along those lines. Qidian pays better than teaching in a University

15. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a different Duke in charge of intelligence not the king's brother. His name was Duke Stan. I think Duke Abel was supposed to be the bad one.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My mistake then but like I said before the story has gotten too straightforward and predictable
    It is quite boring at the point. The author has more interest in the Gravitational Law thesis than the actual world

KidBuu likes this.
  17. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. To much magic focus not enough forces building. When Link started to make the mercenary band and upgrade them through magic I was excited to see a mc who is "supposed" to be preparing for a war actually preparing for one. I think the novel would be better if it took less of a magic theory/spell model approach and more of a Dragon age: origins approach. If you haven't played that game there is an evil underground race invading the surface and the person you play is running around the country trying to build up forces to fight the war against them and save the day.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It is quite disappointing, he is also very weak-willed for an elite magician when it comes to women. It is boring.
    I just ignore everything else and focus on quests

KidBuu likes this.
  19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Which I why I like this story so much. A good theoretical grounding for magic interests me more than the plot...a personal quirk.:p

Unfortunately, you'll see later on some truly powerful foes...cannon fodder becomes close to worthless, good for padding the body count.

Against the really powerful enemies Link will face, you need to be high leveled.

Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooo!!! My Eyes!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KidBuu likes this.