Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild: Frontier (Freeform Roleplay)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    With her mind also being cleared through her spell, Edea immediately questions multiple of her decisions during the ambush. Did she really have to tank the arrow? Shouldn't she have at least made sure that Xuelin was safe before leaving? Why did she throw her sword? And surely there would have been a better means of applying the spell than hugging her?

Well, wrong decisions made in the heat of the moment are normal. So she would just blade that. Surely others would have done the same in her situation.

As Xuelin regains consciousness, Edea heaves a sigh of relief before awkwardly releasing Xuelin from her arms. "A mind-afflicting shout seems to have affected you. You were screaming so I helped you," she briefly explains.

"As for my injuries, they are not particularly severe. I'm more worried about you. Should you want to talk about something, I'm there for you. But there are more pressing matters right now."

After all, the battle is still going on. At this point, Edea's expression has returned to her usual stony one, almost entirely hiding her embarrassment and worry.

With some hesitation, Edea continues to offer: "Are you alright? The battle seems to be going well enough for me to focus on protecting you. We can also withdraw to safety towards the south."

2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Have to admit, this went a lot better than expected. Though my throat's hurting a little now.

Surveying the various fronts, Evelyn smiled when she noticed that they'd won out on two, though that smile became laced with worry when the slaughter fest at A became apparent to her. Being the nearest, most of their allies at B were rushing A.

Somehow, it feels like it should be the other way around...no matter. Lothar's side should have theirs handled, and the ringleader is nowhere close enough to tip the scales there. With the addition of reinforcements from our end, it's really the west side that's an issue now. Well...

The right move would be to go support point A against the crystal golem rampaging there, but unless she was blind, there was currently a very big party going on at the western cliff. If the reinforcements there wiped, Point A which was the closest would not have a good time.

A cleric like me shouldn't have to dive headfirst into danger. Though I suppose there aren't many clerics that mainhand greatswords...cheh. Might as well see it through.

As she gradually approached the location of the bloodbath, the miffed Evelyn became aware of one thing.

Don't tell me, am I the only 'official' cleric in this entire party?

Naraku, AliceShiki, Siostar and 2 others like this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon Rabbit」,「Pocket Sand」
    Seeing the powerful mage, the Reinforcement Leader hesitated going on the offensive. Going for the safer defensive stance, he wondered if that moment of hesitation would prove costly for them.
    Seeing the brutal slaughter going on at A, Mide decided to support from back corner of B. Not only was her teammate injured and thus needed her to be nearby but also that she would probably just get swatted by the Golem. She neither had a melee weapon nor any delusions of being better than any of those injured adventures when it came to close distance fighting. Besides, her bolts did leave noticeable damage on the Golem.

All the adventures at B rushed to A to turn the tides of the battle. She and the crossbow guy hanged back at B to act as long range support. With the enamored vines defending them, it was the safest place to be at. The next card summoned another Rabbit, which was sent straight to be a sacrifice at A.

4. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    As I rush in, the golem steps towards me with a menacing aura. Am I going to die? I think to myself as a giant crystal monster looms before me. I've never been pessimistic before, always believing in my blade and in Ruby. Yet, with neither of them by my side, what can I actually do?

Lost in my thoughts, the golem swings its axe at me from above. Jolted from my thoughts, I quickly jump back, the head of the axe mere inches from my current standing. I...I almost just died! What am I doing?! I step back a few more steps as I regain my bearings and try to figure out how to take this golem down. Looking around, I see Ylae. She seems to be looking for an opening to strike. Fuck, do I even have time to think about how to give Ylae an opening?!

Not sure how to go about it, I focus on dodging the golem's attacks. Due to its large frame, it moved slowly, leaving lots of opportunity for attacking. However, the material it was made of made it nigh impossible for me to land a solid hit with my sword or fists. Did it have a weak point?

As I'm thinking this, I continue dodging the axe, ducking under its legs, and rolling to the side. It's a constant struggle, and one I definitely wouldn't be in if my sword wasn't so fragile at the moment. I need to ask Ruby to give me some more lessons in hand-to-hand combat and magic if- no, when I survive this.

Looking at it carefully, I noticed a strange set of characters on its forehead. Were those magic symbols? WHAM! The golem struck again as I roll to the side. Think, Blaiz, think! Where have you seen those before?! I rack my brain, looking for answers. As a self-trained mage, I certainly didn't read many books, so there were only a few to choose from. I think it was when I was thinking of what element I was wanting to pick up, I was reading books about the strengths of each of the schools of magic.

Was it Earth? Golemancy certainly belongs under there...so there must be a- THUD! THUD! THUD! Fear started washing over me as the thunderous booms of the golem drew closer with each step it took. What was the connection?! Something about changing truth to dea-! That's it! I take a step back, baiting the golem to strike at me with its axe. It does, lucky me.

Sidestepping the attack, I push away the axe with my arm as hard as I can, pumping it with mana. I feel my veins bulge under the pressure, and my bones cracking. Muscles are tearing as I scream out in pain and hope, "Die you ugly freak!" And I slash with my weak, flimsy sword in my left arm, changing the Truth to Death.

OOC: For clarification, in Hebrew stuff, emét is on a golem's forehead, which means truth. Slashing off the e changes that to mét, which means death. Not sure how this will play out, just thought it'd be more believable than a frail Blaiz actually finishing off the golem. If he even did.

5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not knowing how to react, Ylae could barely believe her eyes as she saw militiamen getting mowed down by the golem in front of her.
    The first emotion that came was anger-- Truly, that was a foolish action as it interrupted Blaiz and the timing of their actions, by getting involved in the situation worsened. On top of that, it was a golem, why did they use piercing or slashing weapons against it? By getting injured and killed, they weakened this side, be it by plummeting their morales or wasting time by aiding the survivors of this onslaught.

The emotion that followed was fear paired with abhorrence-- her stomach choked, the food she ingested that day wished to escape from her. Nonetheless, she could not afford to waste so much time. Regardless of her state, they had to get rid of the golem-- its presence was already intimidating, but with the blood, it spilt, the pressure increased tenfolds.

Perhaps, she should just run, but then whether she finds sustenance or not is unknown. If they fight and do survive... at the very least, she will have a sort of home. Better than nothing one may say.

Either way, what she could do did not change. If she does something unexpected, the situation will merely worsen-- an ally startled by the abrupt appearance of another person, ally or enemy, is a decent target.

Seeing Blaiz attacking only now, Ylae could not blame him. Herself could not move when a sudden group of adventurers appeared, seemingly with no plans, only to be defeated. Anxious as she observed Blaiz moving, rolling-- she wondered about whether to give up on the ambush plan to give him more room to breathe. But then, she does not know how to actually fight and may only be a burden.
    'Perhaps, we should just have gone to the summoner...'

At some point, however, before she could deliberate on whether to do that or not. An opening appeared the moment Blaiz sidestepped from a vertical strike. Streaks of runes, reinforcing her body, appeared on her skin as she rushed out of her spot-- within seconds, she arrived close enough to the golem. With the pommel of the sword and all of the strength she could muster, she attempted to crush its head.
    Hopefully, that is enough to bring it down.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  6. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuelin thought back to the inhuman roar she heard before the earlier accident, she nodded in understanding and stays silent as she listened to Miss Reystina. On the last question for her wellbeing, her familiars made a sound at the same time, letting her know of their worries.

"I think I'm alright now...." She gives a small smile to convince them, "just really tired." That much was true, the witch didn't suffer much of physical wounds at the very least.
    She gave her surroundings a quick look, it seemed their area are safe enough for now. The bandits at the cliff were gone, none sight of moving enemies, but there was two bandits bodies near them. It made her feel a bit sick in her stomach, but Xuelin forced herself not to let it show.

"I think we can afford a small rest here." The girl said and took out a potion flask to drink, a flow of warm energy goes into her magic reservoir, bringing a bit color to her face. She then took bandage and medicine out to treat her savoir, ignoring any disagreement that may come from the scholar. Upon closer inspection, she noticed just how bad the arrow wound is, not to mention those whose wounds that looks similar to the bandit near them.

"You are such a big lier." Xuelin complained, her eyes tearing up.

"Its my fault isn't it?"

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    It was during her short trip to plant the bomb Point A that Evelyn realised, with much sadness, the rarity of caster classes solely armed with staffs. The precious few mages she's spotted either carried something else, or weren't dead enough for her to 'reappropriate' a catalyst from.

This meant, she realised with increasing annoyance, that her repertoire of spells had been severely limited. She wouldn't be casting Bountiful Sunlight again anytime soon, much less Hysterical Roar unless she wanted to pick up sign language.

I don't think my attack spells are suitable against a golem, anyhow. So that leaves buffs...let's see, I'll just empower someone suitable to deal with it.

And find someone suitable, she did.
    Not my first picks, but it'll do. Here's a double dose of buffing magic, so do your best da yo~

The two gleaming trails left her hands and sped towards their intended targets.

[Reaper - The next attack landed partially ignores defence]

Naraku, AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  8. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Location A - ???'s POV

Seeing the two adventurers bravely stand up against the Golem, I rushed in as per my Master's wish. The Golem had staggered from the damage this two had done - it was clearly too damaged to fight for much longer and was quite likely near its end. The problem was to make sure it went down before we all got wiped out and seeing that the only ones brave enough to take it on right now and be able to damage it back were this two, well, protecting them is my utmost priority - after all my Master's wish is to eliminate Golem and this is my only way to make it real.

Recovering from the stagger, the Golem countered back unnaturally quick towards the Redhead who had not recovered back to a battle stance after the heavy swing she pulled off. I decided to step in and took the Punch with my body. "The redhead should be fine, I did block it all," I told myself while ignoring the pain.

As I saw myself evaporate into mana due to the damage I took, I realized that this is a fitting manner for me to pass on, a worthy self sacrifice just like my mythical ancestor.

- Moon Rabbit No. ???

The myth behind Moon Rabbit
    http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2013/06/jataka-rabbit-in-moon.html
    Thus the fire resistance and self sacrifice stuff

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    Quaesitor and Siostar like this.
  9. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Edea's stony expression quickly crumbles into a relieved smile as she keeps talking to Xuelin. Just knowing that she is fine, seemingly without any lasting damage, is enough to make her feel strangely happy.

She carefully observes Xuelin as she drinks a potion and lets Xuelin bandage her wounds without resistance. This doesn't feel so bad. Not good enough to get injured on purpose though. Only weird people do that.

As Xuelin begins to blame herself, Edea immediately interjects: "The fault never lies in a single person. First, you are not the one to shoot the arrow. Second, I decided to block the arrow for you. So it was the bandit's action and my response that caused this injury. Do you really think that is your fault?"

Before Xuelin can answer, Edea continues: "And even if you think it was your fault, you simply need to both improve so it doesn't happen again, and - if you think you're in my debt - repay the debt until we're even. Although I have to say, a teacher has to take care of their students. So if anything, it was my duty to protect you."

10. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuelin blinks in surprise at her words, how can she make everything sounds alright?

"Its not only the arrows I was talking about," she tailed off and changed the topic. "I have to say, I didn't know we were already in a student and teacher relationship," she giggled, rather happy about this surprise, but then she faced her new teacher with a serious gaze.

"If you really consider me as your new student Mis..." she paused mid words and changed her way to call Miss Reystina. "Teacher... I have only one request," at whose words, she took the scholar's hand in her own, "please take care of yourself too."

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  11. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    The Leader held down his shield and casted Barrier, hoping to defend till the adventures below come to help beat the mage. He planned to rush to the mage at a speed that the mage couldn't possibly react to and stab him if he survived the crystals.
    For the other member, instincts kicked in as he remembered his days of surfing. He held down his buckler, jumped and casted reflect on it, with an aim to damage surf his way out alive and away from the bandit mage.

OOC: This is definitely not tf2

AliceShiki, Siostar and Quaesitor like this.
  12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Teacher and student are determined by the will to teach and learn respectively. The moment you want to learn and I want to teach, I'm already your teacher." Or so is the theory. In truth, it usually is more complicated and formal than that. Edea is simply taking some liberties with the definition.

With Xuelin asking Edea to take care of herself, she lets out a small, happy chuckle. "Very well. I'll make sure to take care of myself."

Looking back at the battlefield, Edea frowns. "So, do you want to return to the fight? If we push them a little more, the bandits might retreat. Most of them died, so that should be enough to prevent raids and ambushes in the near future."

13. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    "I wish to continue if possible, but I'm not sure what I'm still able to do."

Even after consuming a mana potion, it doesn't mean Xuelin could control the spirits again. Unlike mages how could cast their magic by their own powers, she mainly borrows the power of spirits and nature around her. But now the earth spirits are unwilling to listen to her, seemly to aid the golems instead, the wind are too angry and she won't be able to appease again.

She could make more vines but they will be weaker than those around already, as she doesn't have that much magic left. Xuelin looked at her familiars and the grounded but lively ivy beside her.

"My familiars and this one can still fight, but I'm afraid my leafy friend can't move away from here."

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Edea nods and, after thinking about it for a few seconds, grabs a few stones from the floor and offers them to Xuelin. "Do you mind using improvised weapons?"

"As for me, I can still fight. I would just rather not face a golem in my current state."

15. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes... I don't mind it."
    The girl accepted the stones rather speechless, did her new teacher really plan them to head straight into the battlefield? Perhaps her teacher actually had a plan but wanted her to think of it herself, if so then the stones will serve as a hint. Xuelin looked at the pebbles at her hand and then to the battlefield nearest to them (Area C), the fight seems to be on a standstill, if only they could tip the tide on their side there will be more reinforcement to other fields.

The witch suddenly got an idea when she looked back at the vines beside her. "Teacher, you really have the greatest idea!" The student spoke excitedly in praise, "let's us gather some boulders immediately!" The girl couldn't wait to place them to beside her living plant.

Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  16. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Edea's confusion doesn't show on her face as her brain starts running again, trying to think what exactly Xuelin thinks her plan is. Boulders are, after all, too big to throw alone. This means that she is planning to use something to help with that - the question is what.

Actually, a question that doesn't need an answer immediately. So Edea merely nods in response, unwilling to disappoint her newly gained student, before off-handedly asking: "Where do you think the best spot for the boulders would be?"

Her eyes scan the battlefield, immediately discovering some boulders strewn about the road and loosened from the cliffs in the battle. Would she be able to carry them with one arm?

17. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    "Anywhere within the vines reach should be fine, they are able to pile up the stones."

Reminded of her teacher's injury Xuelin took out a pen and a book from her bag, she ripped out a clean page from the book and gives her the pen and paper to the scholar. "I think you should write our plan to our allies," she then holds out a sachet bag with a small ball out, "this ball is a smoke bomb, they just have to throw it on the ground to work. The smoke will be our signal to fire." She then mentally called her nightingale, it flew over to sit on a big boulder. "When you are done, fold the letter on the bag and tie it on his neck, he will do the last part."

The witch then settled on to work. She tried to carry those stones to her plants but it consumes more time the further the distance. At last she simply ordered her fox to destroy the two huge boulders, that stands not too far from her vines. Those stones broke into smaller pieces and was good enough for her plan.

Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick Time Event: Versus Crystal Golem Aleph
    At Location A
    Crystal Golem Aleph meets its challengers impassively!
    Stress:
    |||||
    Aspects:
    Warforged (E+)

Automation built for war. Built with prodigious strength, endurance and even speed, and programmed with great cunning and skill at arms.
    +25 to all combat rolls.
    Reaper (DC60): 88, 89
    Success x2

As the two gleaming trails carved a perfect arc, they cleaved into the weapons targeted, embedding them with a silver spark of potential as they settled into mundane steel.

Whether the blessing they carried would deliver remained to be seen.
    Reaper: +10 to next Attack Rolls.
    The world comes to standstill as the moment of truth and death arrives.

Blaiz: 33 + 10(Reaper) + 15(Mana Burst) = 58
    Crystal Golem Aleph: 39 + 25(Warforged) = 63

Bare Failure

Clank

Barely. Just two steps. Had Blaiz been a hair faster, he would have borne witness to anything but the dreadful rattle of steel, as his blade glanced off the unimpressed look on the golem's lack of face.

As it stood, he would have to live with the consequences. Of course, assuming he would survive them, that is.

The golem repositioned its axeblade above its head, preparing to grant Blaiz's coup de grace...
    Ylae Interrupt (DC 60): 51
    Bare Failure
    Crystal Golem Aleph: 46 + 25(Warforged) - 10(Interrupted) = 61
    Blaiz: 6
    Catastrophic Failure

But suddenly, it changed its mind, instead opting to knock Blaiz's teeth in with its shield, sending him flying for a few metres as it turned on its feet with surprising dexterity to face Ylae's flanking attack head-on.

Ylae: 22 + 10(Reaper) + 10(Runes) =42
    Crystal Golem Aleph: 78 + 25(Warforged) - 5(Interrupted [Fading]) = 98
    Catastrophic Failure
    (GM Note: Uh oh.)

Aleph finds the perfect opening for a Counterattack!
    Crystal Golem Aleph: 35 + 25(Warforged) + 15(Perfect Opening) = 75
    Ylae: 18 + 10(Runes) = 28

Great Failure
    (GM Note: UH OH- Oh wait, good thing @Ddraig had the good sense to give me a saving throw to work with. Sasuga Rabbit-san.)
    Rabbit-san Save(DC 80 DIVINE INTERVENTION: DC LOWERED TO DC 60)

CATASTROPHIC FAILURE
    (GM Note: Fuck.)

A descending flash of silver appeared in Ylae's vision for a brief moment, then before she knew it, she was sent careening in the air. Were she to possess the presence of mind to look down, it would reveal a massive tear in her padding and a spray of blood from her chest.

Endurance Saving Rolls
    Blaiz (DC 80): 87
    Bare Success
    Blaiz can stand and fight in their next post, but will suffer a Concussion (-10 to Rolls) until it is healed!

Ylae (DC 80): 80 + 10(Runes)

Success
    Ylae can stand and fight in their next post, but someone needs to do something about the gash in her chest. Deep Chest Cut (-5 to Rolls) Applied.

[​IMG]
    I haven't really figured out the Fate Points thing yet, so I'll need to think over how to implement them. So yeah, sorry about that. Will compensate the afflicted persons heftily.

Also, I think I might have lowballed Blaiz's Mana Burst Bonus. Sorry, I didn't really read through it properly as I was rushing through the first time- now that I think of it I should have given his mana burst a bonus of +25 at least.

Ah well. Too late for regrets, as compensation, however....

Blaiz gains a Divine Inspiration!
    Manaburst
    That burst...magical energy now runs rampant in his muscles, veins and bones. Even as it tears him apart it paradoxically keeps him together, allowing him to stand and fight.
    +10 to Combat Rolls.

Also, all of this happened in very short order after the last post, thus reinforcements haven't come yet.

Anyway, will be slowly pumping out posts one by one regarding the whole situation.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Quaesitor, Naraku, Haxagen and 2 others like this.
  19. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick Time Event: Versus Griffin Coslett
    Griffin Coslett: 51 + 50(Adept Crystal Magus) = 101
    Leader: 91 + 25(Adventurer Captain) = 116

Success

Miraculously, despite the gulf in magical power, the Leader's Shield held firm, heedless of the shards that crashed down upon the barrier. While it started to crack and fray at the edges a little, it was still operating, ready to take another volley.

All the other adventurer had to do was just stay behind the shield, and he came out fine. Why risk damage surfing of your own volition when a single spell was enough?

Griffin Coslett snorted. "Weeeell, I s'ppose ya've gat sum walke to back up dat talke, aye? How 'bout DIS!"
    With a snap of a finger, a crystalline vortex appeared above his head, releasing a crystal spear straight at the Leader.

Meanwhile, one of the two golems guarding him rushed towards the Leader, shield and axe raised.
    Crystal Golem Gimel has joined the fight!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Ddraig, Quaesitor, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Bruh."

There weren't enough words in the dictionary to describe how terribly that had gone down, so she decided to go with the short and simple.

"Heal Aid."

Merely a simple spell with no incantation and weak effect, aimed at boosting existing regeneration, but it'd probably be more effective than a hug and a kiss.

I should probably figure out the issue of weapons soon, before it becomes a much bigger problem...bah. Should've went to support the other group instead.

She had the reserves for maybe two more big spells...hold on.

Both of them are using swords, are they not? Though one of those looks plenty brittle...yeah, I'll just have to buff up whoever looks to be in better shape.

(Haxa's notes: And the coin flipped tails. Dammit.)

After noting Ylae's chest wound, Evelyn decided to stick the buffs on Blaiz instead. A pity, indeed, that she was not in possession of an x-ray vision, or she might've noted the damage done to the frontal lobe. But then again, from the relative safety of where she was standing, it might've been difficult to see exactly, anyway.

Swift Destruction - Raises damage dealt relative to mobility.
    Blade Dance - Each successful attack increases the power of the next attack for 30 seconds.
    Eternal Blade Dance - Each successful dodge increases the power of the next attack for 30 seconds.
    Opportunism - Deals more damage to enemies suffering status ailments.
    Adrenaline - Temporarily boosts attack power.
    Blow of Madness - Boosts the power of the next attack.
    Merciless Reaper - The next attack greatly ignores defence.
    Overdrive - Raises attack. Effect ends when taking damage.
    Lightning Weapon - Adds lightning damage to attacks.
    Deep Protection - Slightly boosts attack, damage absorption and resistance, while also increasing stamina recovery speed.
    Cleansing Light - Slowly recovers about three-quarters of the damage taken from the last attack. Effect lasts for any attacks taken in the next 30 seconds.
    Buff Extension - Applied buffs last twice as long.
    Bridge to Glory - Increase attack for every buff present.

If this amount of support doesn't get us the kill, I might just kill everyone here and then myself...

Having finished weaving the spell, a pale-faced Evelyn leaned back against the caravan and dozed right off.