Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild: Frontier (Freeform Roleplay)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Versus Crystal Golem Beth
    At Location C
    Crystal Golem Beth
    Stress:
    ||||-
    Aspects:
    Warforged (E+)

Automation built for war. Built with prodigious strength, endurance and even speed, and programmed with great cunning and skill at arms.
    +25 to all combat rolls.
    Bandit Support (E)
    3 nasty looking fellows, supporting the golem by taking on foes and and sticking anyone unlucky enough with the pointy end.
    +10 to all combat rolls.

Caravan Guards
    Stress: |||||
    Aspects
    Strength in Numbers (E+)
    "You might be able to take one of us, but not all!"
    +25 to all Combat Rolls
    Lothar's Leadership (E)
    "I've only read Machiavelli, damnit!"
    +10 to all Combat Rolls

Exchange 1

Crystal Golem Beth: 96 + 25(Warforged) + 10 (Bandit Support) = 131
    Caravan Guards: 84 + 25(Strength in Numbers) + 10(Lothar's Leadership) = 119
    Failure + Natural Critical = Great Failure

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Suddenly, Crystal Golem Beth let out a roar, hammering Lothar's Shield with heavy strikes!

"Bollocks!"

Grunting as he was forced to beat a hasty retreat, Lothar moved his shield around to catch yet another axe strike, aimed at a different angle in an attempt to catch his shoulder.
    Immediately, Beth pivoted on its feet, slamming the axe head straight into another shieldsman attempting to flank it!

"Gah!"

While they had managed to catch it in time, a bandit took the opportunity chance to hook them with their billhook, sending them flopping to the ground, head's up.

A second bandit was prompt in delivering the finishing headshot with their lance.

Caravan Guards
    Stress: ||||-

Morale Check (DC 60): 27
    Failure, -10 Morale Penalty (Shaken)

"Regroup!"

Lothar grimaced as the rest of the adventurers gathered behind him. From their expression, he could tell that their confidence was heavily shaken by the loss of one of the key people holding the pressure of the Golem.

Alas, there was nothing they could do but push on.

Exchange 2
    Crystal Golem Beth: 33 + 25(Warforged) + 10 (Bandit Support) = 68
    Caravan Guards: 64 + 25 (Strength in Numbers) + 10(Lothar's Leadership) - 10(Shaken) = 89
    Success

"I've got him!"

Came the yell of an adventurer as their halberd finally found its mark- a daring flanking manoeuvre had allowed them to reach past the golem's shield land a solid blow upon the left shoulder of the golem.

Crystal Golem Beth
    Stress:
    |||--

As the golem stumbled back from the impact, the bandits flanking them covered it, striking with billhooks.

"Advance! Press the advantage!" Lothar roared as he moved onwards, beating aside a polearm shaft in order to close in.

Exchange 3
    Crystal Golem Beth: 82 + 25(Warforged) + 10 (Bandit Support) = 117
    Caravan Guards: 23 + 25 (Strength in Numbers) + 10(Lothar's Leadership) - 5(Shaken [Fading]) = 53

Catastrophic Failure

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The golem had barely stumbled back 3 steps before it charged forth with renewed fury, axe in a downward motion starting from its right shoulder

"Shit, it recovered too fast!"

Raising his shield to block, Lothar-

BLAM!

-was instead met with a full body slam from Beth, who had thrown the full weight of itself upon Lothar!

"Captain!"

Shocked gasps emerged as Lothar struck the ground like a boulder!

The golem proceeded to land another mighty swing upon a spear shaft, snapping its head off!

"Shit!"

The adventurer cried, raising the shaft to try and prevent the golem from closing in while their comrades beside them intervened, moving their polearms to try and block the Golem's motion!

With a snort, Crystal Golem Beth raised its shield and charged.

"AH!"

The defenders were scattered like flies as Crystal Golem Beth charged through them, snapping shafts like twigs.

Caravan Guards
    Stress: ||---

Morale Check (DC 80): 68
    Failure, Morale Debuff Increased to -15 (Breaking!)

Lothar coughed up blood as he lifted his body up, before immediately rolling out of the way of an oncoming pike that glanced past the mail rings on his chest.

Quickly using a hand to get on a knee, he swiftly blocked another billhook blow, using the momentum to rise to his full height and backpaddle.

Huffing, Lothar knew it was now or never.

Releasing his grip on his roundshield to let it hang freely from his shoulder by the strap, he took his warhorn in hand and blew.

BROOOOOM!

The Captain calls for aid in Location C!

Captain's Horn (DC 60): 8
    No Additional Effect

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  2. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fossil
    Your buff care package:
    Healing Aid (Autopass)
    Deep Protection (DC 80) 86
    Merciless Reaper (DC 80) 83
    Blow of Madness (DC 80) 95 (CRIT!)
    Adrenaline (DC 60) 76
    Eternal Blade Dance (DC 60) 76

Fossil likes this.
  3. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sudden change of tide in area C gave the witch a big shock. "Seems like it's now or never," she said so, to no one in peculiar.

A mental order was sent to the strong cluster of ivies, their thick vines holds their ammo of small boulders and throws them towards the golem at area C. However, the amount of stones wasn't to Xuelin's liking. She looked around and told her plant to use the most abundant item within its reach, which were the crystals that were strewn everywhere!

Xuelin then ran to her teacher, "We better go now, in case that thing gets attracted here." The witch took Reystina's unwounded hand and begin to move away, whatever have to be said can be done while they was going.

Quaesitor likes this.
  4. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "No, I cannot retreat yet!" Edea protests, violently freeing her hand from Xuelin's grasp before commandeering her: "You escape, I'll stay until I can't fight anymore."

She then immediately rushes off towards area C, scooping up a discarded spear from the ground, chucking it at the bandits accompanying the golem as she calls out: "Do not falter now! The enemy is almost broken, victory is within grasp!"

In an attempt to seize the momentum and leadership, she continues to shout out orders or advice with her surprisingly loud voice:
    "If you can't face the golems, avoid them! Pick off the bandits! They lack range - let their blows strike air whilst we pick them off from safety. They can't loot the caravan with us around, so we don't need to hold our ground. Make use of that!"

Her lungs - seemingly iron bellows - continue on to try to sow discord between the bandits as she addresses them:

"And you, bandit scum! More than half of you are dead! Your leader is letting you die, watching from safety. A coward! Are your lives worth so little!?"

Naraku, Siostar and AliceShiki like this.
  5. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuelin felt a little lost, it wasn't like she planned to leave the battlefield, she only meant to move to another safe zone.

As she watched Miss Reystina running out in midsts of danger, the girl really wish to stop her, but as she watched her teacher fearlessly battle the bandits and did her best to lead the group. Xuelin knew she couldn't stop her.

The girl opted to give a silent prayer and vent away unnoticed. She planted a seed under the eastern cliff and made it grow with her magic, it made it easier for her to climb up.

Xuelin managed to get up there without problem, the battle scene was much clearer from a higher point of view. It was first now she knew how dire the situation was for their side, she can't even imagine a path to victory...

Were golems always meant to be so strong? The girl wondered to herself, she noticed a mage that seemed to control those golems on the western cliff side, isn't he the cause of their misery?! But even if she knows there wasn't much she could do... apart from one little trick.

Xuelin gave her bird a smokebomb of sleeping, she then chanted the spell of hiding to herself and her familiars, better to be safe than sorry. The nightingale listened to her order and sets to fly over the other cliff, it tried to drop the ball as close as possible to the mage. The witch could only hope the mage was too busy to notice until it was too late for him.

6. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Knocked to the ground, I feel faint. My head's pounding, and my right arm is definitely broken. Looking in my left hand, I notice my sword somehow still intact. Slowly, with my muscles aching and my bones creaking, I sit up. Blood starts oozing from my head, shrouding my vision in red. Still, I grip my sword and stick it into the ground.

Hoisting myself up with the katana as a support, I examine my body more thoroughly as my head continues to pound like a drum. What's worse is that I can feel my heart pumping too, making the sound unbearable, drowning out the rest of the world. My right arm hangs limp on my side, bloodied and beaten with some bone sticking out on my hand. Grimacing, I tilt my head up to look at the golem who did this to me. I watch it as it decimates even more adventurers whom I didn't even notice until. Ylae, too, got struck down. Anger, blood loss, rage, and more clouding my mind, I roared. To the golem, to the adventurers, I'm not sure who I intended the target to be, only that the battlefield seemed to clear up a bit as my reddened vision narrowed on the golem.

"Hey! You fucking golem! If you're going to hit someone, hit me!"

I ran with my sword in hand toward the golem as I felt magic flow through me, even more than was already coursing through my body. Feeling it near its bursting point, I screamed out again, this time in pain. Yet still, I carried on as I yelled at all of the adventurers nearby, "Fall back! No one else needs to get hurt! Focus on the bandits and leave this bastard to me!" Once more, I focused on the piece of crystalline junk in front of me which had a distinct lack of a strike through its forehead.

It was moving to slash at me horizontally this time. Grinning, I jumped up and onto its axe once I was in range and stabbed towards the characters yet again, hoping that this time it would truly die.

Naraku and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: The idea of letting the enemy shit out spells after spells for free makes defending pointless so uh dont? I really dont see how the mage got another cast and a golem out before the leader gets to even counterattack...
    With his buckler powered up, the adventurer jumped up, attempting to block the spear heading for the leader.
    Working in tandem, the leader then executed a quick attack as planned. Moving at very high speed, he covered the distance between himself and the mage, bypassing the golem. He attempted to then stab the mage in the guts.

8. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Mide watched the golem turn her Rabbit into mana-paste. Not even stopping the attack, it then proceeded to chain it into the Redhead, leaving her with a deep, bloody gash. "I will just have to keep on sending them as long as I have spare mana to cast." She understood that the monster construct her cards summoned were best utilized as block fodder, not only were they not alive and could take hits for the ones alive, it was the best use for them right now as she didnt have any that could do actual damage to the Golem.

She drew her last card, 「Pocket Sand」. The last card is one of the few known information she knew about owing to it being the only thing not casted yet. Taking advantage of the known information, she timed it well with the crossbowman's Explosive bolt next to her,

Sand poured into her hand and then proceeded to snake its way into the Golem's visual carvings, temporarily blinding it. The bolt followed up as a part of a 1-2 combo, and attempted to hit it squarely in the chest with an explosion.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Naraku, AliceShiki and Siostar like this.
  9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    After the golem struck her, Ylae collapsed on the ground as dizziness assaulted her. Before anything else, her hands ran through her chest, trying to assess the gravity of her wound. Unfortunately, her mind was not as adaptive as her body and thus could not follow what was going on. It was only then that the pain she could not feel due to the adrenaline surged, she gritted her teeth and tried to bear with it for the time being.
    'It doesn't hurt... it doesn't hurt... it doesn't hurt... it... clearly doesn't... work like that! Think about something else...'

When a dozen of seconds was consumed, her mind regained clarity and thus Ylae could examine her wound. Unfortunately, due to the padding, she could not properly observe it. Even if she wished to apply some herbs to herself, her focus would be nowhere to be found, for the fear of a golem appearing in her vision was unbearable.

Regardless of the feelings of comradeship she may have felt earlier, Ylae decided to plainly retreat to the caravan, remove her padding and patch up her wounds with whatever she could find in her bag or in the caravan.
    Things were not that simple, unfortunately.
    Location C:

'I hate mages.'
    That was all she could think at this exact moment. All she wished to do was to head into the caravan, use medical supplies and hope the wound will not worsen. Unfortunately, her safety was not guaranteed even if she hid inside, neither would she be able to focus on first-aid.
    'Damned mages.'
    Turning would be a waste of time since she will face the same thing.

The sound of a warhorn resonated in her ears. Was a safe place too much to ask for? Truthfully, Ylae did not wish to outright flee from the battle and return to town, she would rather hide like a coward somewhere on the battlefield. Where though? In the forest? Perhaps some bandits were still in hiding, no matter how unlikely it is; it was not impossible.

Nonetheless, even if she decided to help, her help would be minimal. Luckily enough, once this area is cleared, she can head into the caravan and clean her wounds. A question remained, who to attack? The object of her fear, a golem? Or bandits?
    '...To hell with it!'
    The bandits were her choice. No matter how much courage she could muster, facing another golem was but a faraway dream. And so, with reluctance and prayer at her the corner of her lips, streaks of rune appeared on her body, reinforcing her strength. Since hiding did not seem to be an option from her perspective, she could give this pointless struggle another try.

In spite of her exhaustion, Ylae rushed towards the bandits with the sword in hand, and attempt to strike the closest one, hoping she was quick enough to not leave any rest to that scum.

10. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Versus Griffin Coslett
    Griffint Coslett: 88 + 50(Adept Crystal Magus) - 25(Speedcast) = 113
    Buckler-san: 56 + 15(Adventurer Veteran) + 15(Fully charged) = 86
    Failure

SHNNNK!

The spear shattered upon impact, hurling a multitude of shards upon the Buckler-wielder that would lead to quite a number of lacerations, but his job was done.

Danchou: 78 + 25(Adventurer Captain) +15(Man with a Plan) = 118
    Golem Gimel: 87 + 25(Warforged) = 112
    Bare Success

The leader lowered his head, allowing the axe-head to scrap by his scalp. A bit closer and he would be missing a head, but said head had calculated beforehand how to preserve its presence upon a beating heart.

With another step forward, he was now well within reach of his intended bastard, and that smug target's face finally shifted.

Griffin Coslett: 76 + 50(Adept Crystal Magus) = 126
    Bare Failure

In the very last moment, a jabbed crystal shard, tangentially in the shape of a swordbreaker appeared in Griffin's hand, and with a push it collided with the edge of the incoming weapon!

CRASH!

Shards flying from the collision, Griffin stepped back, looking no worse for wear but visibly breathing heavily fromthat last minute feat of magic and the ensuing crystal burst.

"Yooooou...." He grit his teeth, before feeling a shadow fall over his field of vision.
    Xuelin's Surprise Package: 84 + 15(Surprise!) = 99
    Griffin Coslett 25 + 50(Adept Crystal Mage) = 75
    Success!

Resist Roll (DC 15/60): 1
    Wrath of the Gods Below Invoked

Looking up, the smokebomb fell right upon his face.

BONK!

And then he felt nothing.

UNEXPECTED EVENT!
    Griffin Coslett has been taken down, where he should have escaped to wreck havoc another day!
    Xuelin has obtained the title: Shattercrystal! (+20 Versus Crystalline Entities)

Golem Shutdown Roll (DC 80) = 92
    Success, Gimel and Dalet have been shut down! Other Golems may be negatively affected!

Crystal Golem Gimel turned, but before it could carry out whatever was on its hollow head it suddenly slumped, as sparks danced around its forehead.

As it took one more step forward, the earth came toward's its head.

Crystal Golem Gimel has been shutdown!

Crystal Golem Dalet, which was ordered to survey the situation was about to head back, when it too seemingly lost its footing, and slipped, colliding headfast upon the earth with a resounding thud.

Crystal Golem Dalet has been shutdown!

GM Note: I think Siostar might actually be a witch. Humph.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  11. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Versus Crystal Golem Aleph
    The bandits who had slaughtered the defenceless caravan guards, seeing the incoming reinforcements, and the defeat of the leader, silently made their escape, after looting some armaments for themselves.

The Golem paused, seeming to consider its challenge, before spreading its arms outwards as if to accept this half-dead fool's challenge.

Suddenly, however...
    Aleph Resistance Roll (DC80): 74
    Bare Failure

Its movements seem to jerk, as its joints creak in a shrill sound. This brief pause does not last long, however, as it returns to its senses and makes a step-

Mide: 75 + 15(Woman with a Plan) = 90
    Crossbow-san: 21 + 15(Followup!) = 36
    Aleph: 90 + 25(Warforged) - 15(Weakened) = 105
    (GM Note: lol)

With a suddenly acrobatic motion, leaping to the side, both the spell and the crossbow bolt flew by.

KRA-TOOM!

The smoke from the explosive bolt striking the cliff-side kissed the back of Aleph's back, whose eyes gleamed an eerie red as it turned to face Blaiz's final gambit.

Blaiz: 91 + 50(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) = 141
    Aleph: 58 + 25 - 10 = 73
    Grand Success

The blade came down, once more.
    אמת

CLANG

אמת

Crystal Golem Aleph
    Stress: ||---

The crimson of the golem's eyes went out in an instant. Runes fizzled with growing sparks that quickly became dyed with red.

?̵̧̦̹̟̾́͒̓?̶̧̧̧̥̗̙̣̣̱͍̠̱̩̬̏̒́̓͗͐͐͑̀̀̉?̶̢̞̮̝͓̰̭̬̙̗̜̜͇͐̈ ̷̨̛͍̫̫̯͇̃̍̈̀͐́̈̿̀̄́͘͠͝(̶̱̤̃̏͊͘Ḓ̵̨̡͙̰̗̻͉͗͗C̸̢̛͛̎͒̀̈̈́̄8̵̫̯̯̼͓̈́́̇́̀́̀0̸̨͇̓͛͂̾͒̈́͌̃͗̚͘̕̚͠͝)̸̘̓̀̔̓̀:̷̧̡̳͎̣͚̭͛̔͐̓͐́͐̚ ̷̣͉̖͓̳̮͈̮̩̫̩̻̝̋̎̂̆̓ͅ9̸̡̀́̓̈́̐̐̕͝6̸̫̟̰͆̉
    ̸̨̡̭̤̝̫̜͚͊̈́́̽̃͌̈̉̎̈́̎́̆͝ͅC̴͎͙̳̙̱͔̖̥̀̒̅́̈́̆͊̉͐̍͜ŗ̴̧̨̭̮̜̯͙͔̙̪̲̮̑̐́͗͠ͅi̸̲̭̝̯̾̌̒̓̓͒̎͑ͅt̶̥͕͍͋̿͗̾͋̿̆̃̉̚i̵͉̝̯͚̣̞̦̯͊̈̅̔̉̽̆́̊̎́̍ͅc̸̖̀̇̌͝ạ̸̧̥͉̯̤̣̱́̃̔̂̊͐̿̓̍̃̚͜͠͝l̶̨̙͓̦̖͉̥͚̩̣͉͒̇́̈͂͜͠ ̵̛̛̱̒̿̓͘Ś̸͉̘̯̗̘̜̩͙͔̩̞̣̓͊͠ũ̶̡̼̝̫͗ͅc̴̞̒͂͑̐̈͌̊͝c̵͉̥̘͉̳͉͓̬͑è̵̛̳̥̗͉͚̽̃̀͂͌̿͘̕š̷̨̨̢̙̠̱̮̬͙͇̳̪̣͌̋̒̑͛̃̌̔̾̕̕ͅs̵̨̡̻̖͕̭̲͙̞̭̞̥̀́͑̽͛,̶̧̟̫͉̩̲̤̝̝͂̿ͅ ̵̦͆͐͌?̴̢̰̲͖͚̪̱̖̇̔̍̂͒̇͂͐̂͑̊̇̚͜?̴̤̉̑̌͠?̶̧̢̰̺̰̭̲̭̹̬̺͐̒́̑̾͛͒̓̇̊

And just suddenly as the sparks grew, they fused back into the runes in a single instantly, striking like lightning

And as per nature, the passing of lightning heralded the call of thunder.

"̶̣̥̠͈̻̖͈͂́͛͒̀̂̿͌͌́̽̒͠͠Ǎ̴̡̢̭̭̥͕͔͈̠̞̮̂̃̐͌̎̅͑͊̌̅̉̊ͅA̸̡̙͎͖̣͖̠͆̑̇̀̈͝͝Ȁ̷̧̧̛̪̮͈̥̣̦̫̹̬̝̪̟̉̂́̈̄̎̿͠A̸͇̻̲̅̿͐̽͛̓̉̽͘͝Á̵̭̈́̏̈́͘Ȧ̸̧̘̯͚̪̎̽̈́̂̕̕ͅĄ̴̛̝̠͓͉̞͉̩̩̗̭̎̑̈́̾̀̊͋̊̽̍͗̓̾̚Ḁ̸̡̨̬͉̹̼͇̙̱̥̹͆̀̒̏͆̄̈́̈́̚͝Ȁ̷̛̼͔̬̱̜̻̻͇̽͐̀̀̌̇̈́̈̍́̏́̊A̵̛̘̞̖̿́̌̀̇̽͜͝A̶̺̱̗̯̭̥͚͕̥͉̹̾͑̔̓̓͂̈́̏͜A̶̳̘͕̽̀͋̈A̷̛̘͈͇͉̱̠̓̊͑͑̍̋̀̕̚͘Ȃ̶̧̳̖͇̈́̀͆͘Ả̶̹̟̫̥͊͑̃̇̿̚A̶̖̭̺͎̙̺̫̲̋ͅA̸̙͍̦̱̩̙͍͙̽͒̌́̂͗̈͒̀͝͠Ą̶̧̤̹̜͕̩͔̹͕́̏̄̑A̶̺͉̪̾̏̌̂͆̀̃̂̎̐̕A̴̧͙̟̠̦̙̕͜A̴̬̺͙͚͍͓̔͗̄̈́̈̋̉̋̾̿̎̈͠͝A̷̧͕̫̠̣̲̱͍̰̠̽ͅA̶̡̞̻̤͚̖̘͎̭̜͕̳̾͑͑̕͜A̵̡̢̩̯̭̯̼̪̟͉̺̩͗Â̶̡̢̹̲̝̩͑̉̾̃͑͛̎͘̕Ả̷͈̣͚̲͕̤̬̫̳̟̞Ḥ̴̢̛͉̊̀͛̇̂̓̌̈̈̾̎̄H̴̪̅͊͘Ḩ̷̢̢̛͚̲̹̫͓̝̍̌̽̄̉̀́H̸̢̡̩̞̗̗̲̯̍̔̂̈́̀̒͆̚͜͝H̵̙̖̰͇̭̞͉̝͍͚̐̂̋͌̐͗͜ͅH̶̦̹̺͈͕̖̬̙̦̩̣̻͌̐̓̇͜H̵̨̢̢͇͔̹́̆ͅH̷̭̲͙̬͇̱͎̟͈̳̓̇̈́̐͘͜͝H̶̨̛̝̳̝̣͍̘͜

For the first time, the golem showed signs of pain, as Blaiz was blasted back by the inhuman howl.

Weapons clanging to the ground, it clutched its forehead in pain as it reeled back, falling to a knee, as it cowered like a beast.

Although it was obviously an inhuman construct without any will of its own, it suddenly let out a guttural string of nonsense, like a dying man jabbering in pain.

̴̢̧̫͓̙̦̘̤̘̙̞̥̎͐͑͊"̶̡̫͍͉͙͙̻͇̞̝̇̈́̄͒Ţ̸̨̢̛̘͍̹̘̯̰̹͉͇͓̯̑̈́̈̎̒́̍̕͘͜H̵̞̬̩̹͇͍̠̟̟͎̝͈̲͔̽̑́̒͑͐̓̌̇̎͆́͘͘͝I̸̳̗̘̐S̴̳͎̩̭͗͌̊͐̔͝Č̷̼́͗̊̾̆͘̕͝͝Ą̴̩̳͍͓̜̤̰̰̪͒̊̎̏͑͜͠ͅN̷̹͓̹͓̼̱̗͇̠̈́̀̓̕͜N̷̡̳̗̳̬̜͖̬͉͉̙̤͋̂̽͌O̸̧̼̤̮̫̾̇͆̑̔̈́̀̉̽̅̽̐͝T̶̘̯̦̱̞̜̞̄̊͆̀̀͑̍̂́͂͝C̴̱͈͍̠̥͂̿̇̈̓̏̑͒̉̔̊͛̓́͜Ö̶̧̨̦̤̺̘̤̥̳̭̜͉͇́͑̈̈́͌̆̋̔̓̉͘͜ͅN̴̪̼͇̫̟͈͉͙̹̊͐̂̋̎ͅͅT̴̯̑͒͋̉̇̃̽̅̈̓͐̾̒͝I̷̡̼̜̭̹̱̦̱̦͓̭͙̋̔́̈̽̐̓̈́̀̐̀̎̚̚͠N̵̖̫̺͎̖̱̦͎̒̈́͐̓̂̈́̇̃͘͝Ù̸̬̼̫̞̜͓̃̔̑͗͐̒͑͂̂̓̒̚Ę̸̰͇̞͎̘̜̯̲͍̲͍̀͒͒̉͛̊̈́̀͘͘̕ͅT̶̨̛̯̻͖̹͚̘̫͓͓̠̗̣̥͔̈̈́̇̃̑̓̔̈́̅̈́͗̒̚͝Ḩ̸̡͕͖͈̗̟̱͎̊͜Į̸̢̛͉̻̗̜̱̹̗̟̭̿͆̂̾͌̐̀́̈́͗̓̔͝S̴̟̃̓̉͋̌͌͑̈́͑͆̍̽̿͠C̴̺̟̝̙͓̤͕̒̐͆̓̀͝Á̴̳̩̳̭̠̯͉̮̲͕̜̳̪̥̅͂̎̽̈̂̐̂̀̕͝͠N̷̞̞͕̹͛̑͊̓́̋͛̔͌̕̕͝N̵̩̂̔̀̍̅̈́̆̊̊̏͂͜͠O̸̢̺̤̰̬̝͖͇̦͉̺̓̾̒͂̿͜͜͜T̴̬̟̀̉̀͆͒̉̿͐͘Ḉ̵̢͙͓̖̼͓̖̲̦̦́̾̓̎̚Ö̴̞̖̹̜̭̩̦͔͍͕̩̬́͒͋N̶̟͖̓͒̀̌͊̒͌̈̊͑̈́T̴̜̗̻̘͎͚̘̫̝̗͙̋̆̀̏͠Ȋ̴̡̘̘̬̻̻͉̠̺͉̗͚̪̍̀̇͌̊̈̓̕ͅŅ̷̮̙̰̟̯̹̭̯̬̃̓ͅǗ̸̹̰̖͋̋̆́Ȩ̶̟͖͚̤̣͖̇̈́̈͜͠ͅŢ̸̹̬̝͕̺̬̻̲͎̮̻̑̎͜H̸̡̼̦̭̗̬̙̑̈́̀͆̅̄͘̚͠I̸̥͎̱̰̤̱̝̔S̵̨̭̣̬̞͈͇̤̼̫̬͕̙̹͑̊̐̎͗̊͋͗̄̏͗̉̒͘͜C̵̝̣̜͕̳̗̭̞͎̖̜̔̈̈́͆͛͊̄̈́̅̓̿͐̄̊̕͜Â̸̢̞̹̼̭̯̭̮̮̻̤̥͖̍̈͗͑̇̔͋̽́ͅN̸̢̡͉̩͇̮̣͕̩͊̀̔̑̄͑͠N̶̘̂̎́͛͊͛̎́̊̄͝Ȏ̶̞͚̝͉͙̜͓̘̜̼͙͛ͅT̶̪̾̂́͐̃̈́͌̚̚C̴̨̢̮̪̩̦̝̪̦̰̭̻̍̀̍̀̾́͋͂̎͆͒̋͘͜Ȯ̸̪̜͕͈͕͘N̸̨̢͈͔͓̻̮̺̗͋̈́̊̾̒͗̉͊̌͗̉ͅŢ̵̥̱̼̜̼̪͖͇̰̱͔͔̠̔̉̂̈́̌̓̽͋̅̄͂́͘I̷̦̜͔̘̪̳̱͕͉̗̼̦̜̿̍̽̉̓͂Ň̵̡̛̻̠͈̠̩̪̳̤̃͆̆͌̊̈͆̚͝Ư̸̧̻̱͓͓̈́͊̎͗̒̂̓͂̎̌͛͘͝Ȩ̵̜̣̞͓̝̙̖̺͖͈̔̋̓͜ͅ-̴̰̪͈̖̖̫̮̟̫̯̼̖̖̍̽̈́̉̈̅̑͊̊̍̒͒̈̕͜͜͠"̷̙̰̣̠̅̄̈́͐͒̂́͑

Suddenly, it stopped. Removing its palms from its face, a blinding flash of yellow was revealed, forcing onlookers to avert their eyes.

When they looked back, the Golem had disappeared, with heavy stomping and sunken footsteps being the only thing marking its sudden escape, with crystalline form slinking into the trees and shadow following soon after.

Ddraig, AliceShiki, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  12. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Unable to bear the pain of the golem getting away, while simultaneously glad that the fight was over, I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. Soon I saw the ground approaching me, and the next thing I remember was darkness.

OOC: Blaiz has now fainted, mostly because I need to get my computer fixed tomorrow.

AliceShiki, Haxagen and Naraku like this.
  13. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing the change in momentum on the battlefield happen within mere seconds, the bandits in location C too decide to make their escape, looting whatever they can and making a run into woods.

However, with all attention from the Caravan shifted...
    Edea: 90 + 15(Sin of Pride) = 105
    Bandit: 11
    Grand Success

A spear suddenly fell upon the bandits from the sky.

"Whu-GAH!"

The stricken bandit screaming in pain as their hamstring were pinned to the ground by the rather wrathful spear strike, which was thrown with such force that it seemingly peeled the mail leggings they wore.

Morale Affected? (DC40): 92
    Great Success
    -20 For Bandits Rolls

"Shit! Run!"

The other two, realising that their time was nigh, cravenly abandoned their comrade to their fate as they attempted to continue their escape quickly, the harsh words of Edea beating on their ears but ultimately sliding off as they had more pressing concerns...only to be intercepted by a very irate adventurer.

Ylae: 40 + 10(Edea's Rally) + 10(Runes) = 60
    Bandits: 59 - 20(Fleeing) = 39
    Success

"Gah!"

One of the remaining pair attempted to raise their polearm to fight back, but Ylae quickly moved past the desperate thrust and with a quick strike cut the bandit down like a stringless puppet.

The remaining bandit had decided to trust their instinct and continued their run, which seemed to have successfully allowed it to place a large distance between it and the caravan...

Ylae: 21 + 10(Edea's Rally) + 10(Runes) = 41
    Bandits: 59 - 20(Fleeing) = 32
    Bare Success

However, the bandit, in their haste missed a rock on the ground and tripped.

"Gah- GURKH!"

With a scrapped knee, they tried to pick themselves up, but hearing the incoming footsteps, their eyes widened in panicked and they turned around, hands raised.

"I-I surrender! Please don't kill me!"
    Meanwhile, Crystal Golem Beth was just about done mopping up this corner of the caravan and was about to raise its axe to slay a downed opponent when multiple moving shadows approached its flank.

Xuelin: 59 + 20(Shattercrystal) + 10(Edea's Rally)= 89
    Beth: 19 + 25(Warforged) 44
    Grand Success

Crystal Golem Beth
    Stress: I----

A barrage of stones struck its body, sending it sprawling to the ground as the force peeled crystalline chunks from its form.

As it tried to get up, the tell-tale signs of a Golem shutting down started dancing across its forehead.

Beth Resistance Roll(DC60/80): 3
    Critical Failure

With a fizzle and crackle, the lights dimmed upon its world as it fell upon the earth again, this time for good.

For a moment, all was silent.

Then, the warhorn was blown again, this time heralding their victory.

14. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Confirming raid cleared! The combined efforts of adventurers will be evaluated over the next two days, after which we shall resume daily operations. Good work, boys and girls! Take a rest until Monday.

{{ Rewards from the event will be distributed on Sunday. There will be a post detailing updates to the task board tomorrow. Feel free to use the Tavern thread for "side-story" roleplay as you see fit. As a small bonus, Tavern RP still counts toward Monday's daily tasks as outlined currently.

Man this was a long event. }}

15. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    A roll for Xuelin's luck for fruit picking

!roll 1, 6

16. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Min: 1
    Max: 6

@Siostar, you rolled a 2

17. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lothar," Edea addresses him sternly out of nowhere. While her entire body is riddled with bandages and plasters, the only visible injuries are her arm, being in a cast to prevent unwanted movement, a few plasters on her hands and some bandage peeking out of her collar.

"According to the contract signed with the Adventurer Assistance task, I demand that you help me today. As I'm incapable of performing normal work, I've instead taken to writing down my recent findings and thoughts for all to read and learn from. Or in other words, you will help me write books." Her voice barely betrays any emotion, completely hiding the fact that most of these findings are criticisms of Lothar.

She continues in an authoritative tone, almost borderline ordering Lothar: "I will be expecting your aid in 10 minutes. Are we clear?"

@Way

Way likes this.
  18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Lothar was scrutinizing a notebook with furrowed brows before Edea's impromptu interruption. Despite his deep concentration being broken, he reacted in quite a nonplussed manner.

"I see that your arm is healing up quite nicely." Lothar observes as he nurses a warm cup of herbal tea with a hum. An observation that was in great doubt, since it was too early to tell if it was knitting back together properly. "So is that attitude of yours. Want a cup?"

Nonchalantly, he moves an extra cup of steaming hot tea across the table, as if she wasn't attempting to order him to be a glorified scribe and he didn't just fire back with an open jab.

Quaesitor likes this.
  19. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I did not know that you could see through matter. Or that you had eyesight this bad," Edea curtly responds, with her being quite aware that her arm is far from being healed.

"As for my attitude, it is the same as ever." Truth be told, it's worse than usual.

She suspiciously eyes the tea cup, not yet convinced of its effects. Or taste. "Which herbs does it contain, and what effects are attributed to it?" And how does it taste? Not something she'd actually say though.

"Be that as it may, I am still formally requesting your assistance with my work of enlightening all those that follow in our path." In Edea's mind, the plain truth. For anyone else? Most likely bragging.

Naraku and Way like this.
  20. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Lothar merely chuckles meaningfully at Edea's blunt rebuttal that pushed past his teasing, before responding to her query.

"Now, I'm sure that an esteemed scholar like you would know about Yarrow, yes? I believe that the City-States of Hellen had the story of a hero who was made immortal through yarrow-saturated waters, and used it to heal their soldiers, hmm? Alas, the name seems to slip my mind- would you mind reminding me of what is it?"

Stroking his beard amusedly, Lothar continues.

"By the way, I'm sure you'll like it- after all, it's not a drink for the decadent or pleasure-seeking, that would abandon it with a sip due to unfamiliarity with bitterness, but for the hardy and wise that sense virtue in its earthy aroma and value in its properties."

Lothar pauses for a while, lifting the cup and taking a small, drawn-out sip, before letting it rest back down slowly, smile still hanging., as he suppressed a sniffle from Edea's familiar self-importance.

"Anyway, you have my interest. Do tell of what...wisdom you wish to spread."

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  21. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "She's late." I said with more than a bit of anger in my voice. I told her to meet me today for some practice fighting via wild animals, so why hasn't she shown up yet? There was plenty of time to show up, too, as I fetched some books on magic theory for Blaiz to read up on from the guild's storeroom. I even stayed to answer a few questions he had on fire magic, though I wasn't good for much else.

I wonder if elementals could learn to use magic of different elements? Blaiz is always telling me that I should learn to cool off, so ice magic might help.

Ah, right, I'm supposed to be finding...did I ever get the name of the girl? Well, I'll just have to punch it out of her when she appears. Along with punching out all of my frustrations onto her. Sighing yet again, I yelled out in the general vicinity of the town, amplifying my voice with magic. "Get the hell out here, or I'm going to burn you to a crisp the next time I see you!" Hopefully Blaiz doesn't find out about this...I need to keep up my nice girl image in front of him!

@Naraku

Siostar, Ddraig and Naraku like this.