Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Goods and Services

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Feb 9, 2019.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I need metal wires. As thin as you could, but still decently strong. At least it shouldn't snap from someone tripping over it. Is that doable?"

2. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I think you get a better price and quality going into a normal blacksmith." Sala aswered.
    "Did your friend told you what kind of products I make?"

3. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Small things, right?"

4. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "And complicated to make with normal means."

5. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "But, wires..." he looked down. "Nevermind then."

Arexio likes this.
  6. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Basic Medicine Making: Lesson #3 – Core Powder

Note: Before reading, please like the post and have enough money to pay for the lesson. Only those who had liked the post are acknowledged as having “attended” the lesson.

Attendance Fee: 1 Large Copper Coin

Brief Description:
    For thousands of years, cores have been highly sought after for their magical properties, but few know that they also possess powerful healing and health-boosting properties. Generally, there are two types of cores – naturally made and man-made. The naturally made cores are considered very similar to condensed magic while the man-made cores are spherical constructs imbued with magic. While it is hard to consume cores as a whole, many medicine makers have taken to grinding the cores to powder for safer and easier consumption.

Why Grind Cores?
    When cores are ground into powder, they lose their magical properties. Yet this is actually a good thing as consuming something with too much magic in it could cause severe internal problems. Although most of the magic escaped from the cores, there are some magic residue remaining. It is this residue that tempers and boosts the overall health of the consumer as well as provide some extra benefits.

General Steps:
    1. Before you grind cores to powder, first sterilize them by boiling them in a pot of water.
    2. Then, take the cores and shatter them. Make sure you are not close to the cores when you shatter them as the magic within the cores will disperse explosively.
    3. After most of the stored magic has been dispersed, began grinding the pieces until they become powdery.
    4. Finally, distribute the powder into 10 gram dosages.
    Note: Taken as a supplement. Careful not to take too much and limit dosage to maximum 1 dose per day as it would not be beneficial any more.

Uses:
    All cores have general uses:
    • All cores are used to sustain life…to grant life. Through consumption, the core powder can not only produce various antioxidants in the body but also increase lifespan.
    • Via external use, the magical residue in the core powder can stimulate the skin and promote external healing.
    • By mixing the powder with water and a stamina potion, you can make a paste which you can rub on your body and produce calming properties that help relieve stress, improve mood, and promote sleep.
    Different cores have different extra benefits.
    Some examples are:
    • Slime core powder can increase intelligence as well as increase acid resistance.
    • Golem core powder can increase defense as well as increase stone/earth resistance.
    • Elemental core powder can increase magic capacity as well as increase magic resistance.
    • Phoenix core powder can increase fire resistance as well as promote youthfulness.
    Note: Different species produce different cores which can contribute with different extra benefits. For example, a fire slime has a fire slime core which can not only increase intelligence, but also increase fire resistance.

More uses of cores in medicine will be introduced in later lessons.

Congratulations on completing Lesson #3 of Basic Medicine Making. Once you attended and completed all lessons in Powder Medicine, you will acquire the “Powder Medicine” skill. Once you attended and completed all lessons under Basic Medicine Making, you will acquire the “Basic Medicine Making” skill.

Arexio likes this.
  7. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fen enters the shop and takes a look at a shelf that full with jars.
    "Sorry, which is the Wolf Lure" He asks the person who's standing behind a counter. @Zero300

8. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    "This one right here." Zinc replied as he opened a box. In it were 6 small rotect jars nearly filled with green oil. "How many do you need? Supply is limited."

9. strikegunner

Reading List:
    Link
    "I just need one of them. Is the price 15 small copper?"

10. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's correct." Zinc replied as he took out a small rotect jar and placed it on the counter before the customer.

11. strikegunner

Reading List:
    Link
    Fen places 1 large copper and 5 small copper coins on the counter and takes the jar
    "Thank you very much, I'll be visiting again"

12. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright, come back soon."

13. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandrin is selling six minor health potions for 40 to 50 LC. Bulk orders will be cheaper.

14. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    "Dr. Zinc, I quite enjoyed learning from your lesson once again."

"Cores have such a variety of uses." He added.

"I do look forward to your future ones." Ryul then paid him 1 LC as he left the shop.

15. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back from...a very interesting run-in inside of the tavern, he headed towards the guild to grab some supplies. Getting a book filled with blank pages (Which was apparently very useful for logging the reports of the adventurers who couldn't write themselves.), a couple batches of ink and writing utensils, and a map of the town from the receptionist for 15 large copper he could finally get to business.

16. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As he entered the pass, the sounds of cheering and laughter from the festival slowly faded away. While this was his first festival after moving and there was plenty of fun to be had. Today he needed to do something before leaving out on his own. Entering a general store that happened to be still open during the festival he bought himself a small pile of firewood (3 copper) before leaving.

17. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realizing that he did not have the choice, Cinis began to ask around where he could find the so-called angel, Mary, one that could heal his injuries, at least, most of them. At first, he did not wish to use any money on that, no, he wished to learn magic, so he could heal himself, it would make two wins in one hit, but, once the situation began to worse for him, he realized that he could not spare any time, he needed to get back on his feet as quickly as possible.
    So, he did not have any choice, he could only decide to use his coins he won to heal his legs, to recovoer his fighting abilities, it was time for him to be a bit more... involved, was it the word? The adventurer was not sure.

After a while, he found the place. It was quite a peculiar moment for him, he needed a few minutes before requesting something, before proceeding to the quest.

"Excuse me, I am Cinis, an adventurer, I am here to get healed by Mary, I have a few broken bones plus a crippled leg, I normally have more than enough budget."

@AliceShiki

18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((A few Large Copper should be enough IMO, she wouldn't ask too much of an E-ranked adventurer~

Probably in low double digits I guess?))

19. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link

[A week before the Lord Ralditorias festival...]

Ryul shouts over the din of the children playing in the yard of the Church, "Alright! There are 5 minutes left until the lesson starts, and today I have brought some snacks for everybody."

The part-time teacher pulls out of his bag the fruits he had purchased at the market earlier in the morning: fresh apples, plums, apricots, and wild berries.

Most of the orphans and poor children are more than happy to just receive some food, but a few couldn't help but complain, "Awwww, where are the cookies?"

"No cookies this time. You cannot always have sweets. Children need their nutrition to grow up healthy and to learn better." Ryul sternly replied.

Several nod obediently as they ate and accepted his words. However, one of them, Roy, muttered under his breath, "Aria-san always plays with us. Learning is boring."

Ryul sighs and concedes, "It IS boring, but when you grow up, you might need this boring stuff later. At least today is a special lesson and not just letters and numbers like usual."

He pauses, "Also, Roy, why do you call her 'Aria-san'? The proper title used should be 'Miss Aria.'"

"Aria-san is Aria-san!" He vehemently shouts back and runs off upset for some reason.

Shaking his head at the lost cause, Ryul gathers the rest of the children around the church grounds to lead them in the necessary prayers; he's not religious, but he never knows if the impassioned Soren might decide to pop in when he's teaching one day.

. . .
    "...in the name of Lord Ralditorias, his forever strong and benevolent self. Amen." Ryul finally ends the prayer, tongue still hurting from saying the Unyielding God's full name.

"Alright, everyone! We have a special guest lecturer joining us today." He gestures to the half-drow elf, half-dwarf patiently standing the side.

"Here is Dr. Zinc. His specialty is in Eastern Medicine, a rare practice around these parts. I myself was fortunate to learn a bit of the basics from Dr. Zinc by way of his teachings." A fond smile made its way onto the scholar's face as he recalled his past self enjoying the lesson.

Ryul smoothly continues, "Before we officially begin, l will define the term acupressure points (acupoints). These are specific places on the body closely associated with nerves, and when stimulated, produce various effects, which include pain relief and immune system activation."

"Now without further ado, please give a warm welcome to the great Dr. Zinc." Ryul leads the children in applause.

“Hello everyone, you all excited to learn about acupoints today?” Zinc grins as he walks up before the audience and looks at the young children.

“Ugh, learning! What’s so fun about that? We want to go play!” A young boy remarks as he turns towards Ryul with pleading eyes.

Ryul, however, shakes his head and reassures the boy that learning is important and such knowledge will help them later on in their lives. Just as the boy is about to protest again, Zinc interrupts him with a simple question that piques his interest along with the other children in the group.

“If you think acupoints are pointless and you believe that you won’t need it in your lives, what about for self-defense?” Zinc chuckles.

“W-What do you mean?” A young girl asks timidly.

“Learning about acupressure points will provide you with the necessary knowledge to at least defend yourselves from bullies.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, why don’t I do a demonstration. Anyone want to volunteer?” Zinc claps once as he beckons for a volunteer from one of the children in the audience.

Seeing no one standing up or raising his or her hand, Zinc decides to pick someone. “Why don’t we have Mr. Ryul come up and help with the demonstration?”

“Oh, I can’t do it.” Just as Ryul tries to deny the offer, the children all starts clamoring with excitement.

“Yea, yea! Let Mr. Ryul do it! Let him do it!”

Reluctantly, the half-elf walks up and stops a few feet before Zinc. Zinc gives a quick glance at the audience before turning to face Ryul. “So, say someone throws a punch at you…Ryul, will you punch me? Slowly, so that the children can see it.”

“O-Okay.” Ryul replies as he pulls his fist back.

Just as the fist straightens out towards Zinc, the doctor reaches out with his left hand and grabs onto the half-elf’s wrist. Pulling the fist forward, Zinc moves inwards and forms a fist in his right hand. With a quick jab, the doctor sharply punches at Ryul’s shoulder from just above his armpit. A pain like electricity courses through Ryul’s arm and into his fist, depleting him of his grip strength and numbing his fingers.

Ryul tries to form a fist once more but he finds that he can not. His hands still sting with numbness. Ryul glances at Zinc while the doctor assures him that his hand will go back to normal after a few more seconds. While the half-elf recovers feeling in his fingers, Zinc explains to the audience.

“The body contains many nerves that send signals back and forth. There are nerves that control your movement and nerves that control your thinking capabilities. Naturally, there are nerves that determine whether you have encountered some sort of pain or not. Nevertheless, nerves are important in regulating and controlling your body. And because of that, there are numerous ways to do harm…I mean defend yourself from your enemies.”

Zinc looks at the children and nods in satisfaction after seeing that he has everyone’s attention. With a breath, he continues. “In this lesson, I’ll briefly describe the most important nerves that you need to know when defending against an enemy. Let’s look at this.”

Zinc pulls out his arm and points to where he has hit Ryul. “This area here contains three main nerves – ulnar, median, and radial – which interlocks with each other. By hitting all three nerves, you can render your opponent unable to attack. These three nerves separate into different locations as they run down your arm. Your ulnar nerve can be more accurately distinguished here on the side of your forearm. You may know it as your ‘funny bone’. This nerve controls your grip strength. One hit to this nerve could temporary cut off the power within your nerve and rob you of your grip.”

“Oooh!” The kids exclaims as they strains their ears to learn more.

Zinc smiles and turns towards Ryul. “Now, punching the nerve at the forearm will rob you of your grip, however, you can still pinch since the nerve only affects your ring finger and your little finger. As for your thumb, forefinger, and middle finger, you will need to aim here.”

As Zinc nears his explanation, he punches the unwilling scholar on the top of his biceps. While Ryul yelps with pain, Zinc begins explaining what is going on with the scholar. “The nerve that I just hit is the radial nerve. This nerve controls the three fingers I mentioned earlier. By damaging the nerve, you will rob your opponent of their grasping capabilities.”

“Did you have to use me for each attack?” Ryul murmurs while rubbing his arm sorely.

“There’s still one more though.” Zinc replies but before he can hold Ryul, the scholar rushes down to the audience. “No more, no more. If you want a volunteer, find someone else.”

“Don’t worry.” Zinc laughs heartily. “I’ll explain the next nerve without demonstrating. If you are to hold your arm out, palm facing upwards, and hit your forearm…you will cause your wrist to buckle up. This prevents your enemies from extending their wrists. Without that ability, how can your enemies fight?”

Zinc looks up and concludes. “Hitting the three different locations are the starting points of different, complex acupressure techniques. If you really want to disarm and disable your opponent, just aim at above the armpit."

"Thank you very much for listening to my lesson.”

Rubbing his arm still, Ryul nonetheless thanks Dr. Zinc for his time and wisdom. The easily excitable children barrage the good doctor with a hundred different questions as the lesson ends on a pleasant note.

OOC: @Zero300 @AliceShiki (another cameo)

*If you sat in and enjoyed the lesson, please feel free to donate however much you deem necessary. For lessons with guest lecturers, Ryul will split any donations received.*

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    leegood, AliceShiki and Zero300 like this.
  20. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Excuse me? I would like to order something. Also, could I get a discount for mass or bulk ordering the same item?" Zoan asks as he enters the room.