Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Main Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much a complete reset of the universe and stuff... We want to try throwing a few cameos at best, but it's kind of a new thing.

I do want to keep the feeling we had with AG though, of being an overall lax RP in which you could do most stuff you wanted... Most, because letting players do whatever they want kinda makes it really hard to create content when there are players that can destroy the world... >.>

As for characters, that's up to you really, I mean, you'd need to adapt it a bit to fit the setting I guess, but you can keep the same character concept as before if you want.

If anything, just keep in mind that power level should be a LOT lower than what we currently got at AG... Other things will be explained when it goes live.

Regarding enemies, resources and stuff, we're working mainly in having quests feel more meaningful. There is a limit to how much content we can prepare in advance, but we're trying to make something better than the format of having a bunch of quests that never disappear and never change anything in the world at all.

Areas should also have some proper background for them now instead of just a name and a position in the map... We're not making too much background though, since we want you all having freedom to set things up as well~

As for updates, we're aiming for releasing it next week if everything goes well, but no promises~

2. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So no Fox > Golem > Elder Dragon stuff?
    Yay~

I hope there will be some exploring at the begining~

3. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Ganbatte~!!

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    A working economy would be realllly nice

5. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So would be dynamic ecosystem, but remember: This is not some program, really. Amount of detail in stuff like that is limited by how much tedious things GM wants to do.

6. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, although nice, it sounds like a logistic hell...

7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    lol yeah but having a currency thats more than just glorified points is absolutely required

8. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yeah~
    I believe Alice mentioned that, and she's working on not having the new AG falling in this pitfall.

9. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc: So, a hard reset and a power scaling limit, neat! Will we still be able to use reincarnation, transmigration, or summoning as a background? Also, excited to contribute in this new system!

10. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could fit into lore snugly if they have someone do some summoning or reality breaking shenanigans.

Also, I hope theres no hard limit, just soft one.

11. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Well, it did get out of hand in the old AG where a lot of people could literally destroy a planet and how OP monsters got. A limit, even if a hard one, would be necessary IMO.

12. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soft ones are better tho. Just dont allow planet eating monsters to exist in that universe. Or do allow it, but not as playable characters :D

13. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Usually that would need to be done by the staff and not created by players, given the magnitude I believe. Then again, just speculation on my part, I don't know the finished product at all.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see...

It's hard to make a working economy, but we're trying to make money seem useful... It's still up to players to have it being useful or not though, since we won't really stop you from finding stuff in your stories and what not.

At the very least, the system will be better than having 10000 gold coins that are only usable within the guild because gold is supposed to be an expensive currency, but we give 100 of them willy-nillingly for anyone that collects a few herbs.

So... Expect a better currency system than we currently have, but do understand there are limits to what we can do without restricting players too much.

Regarding ecosystem thing, I actually have more or less an idea for that... Still kinda vague in my head though, so no promises or anything.

I can at least say that we have a map with a scale in it at the very least though, so we already have some progress~

Reincarnation/Transmigration/Summoning will most likely be allowed, but with some restrictions. Mainly to not mess up with the medi-fantasy feeling of the setting... Like...

It should be okay to have a random HS student reincarnate in the setting... It will not be okay to have a PhD in military engineering reincarnating.

So like... Basically try to keep in mind that we don't want the guild developing a flying city or airplanes to bomb nearby nations away... Or well, I don't even want guns in the setting to be precise.

Try to avoid being able to create those things and your character should probably be fine.

It's a bit hard to make a hard limit on power level, but we'll give some guidelines to what we consider okay and what we don't... Just try to not stray too far from them and it will probably be fine.

But yeah, planet eating players are a strict no. Nobody should ever be able to destroy a whole country by themselves, much less a planet. Keep common sense-chan in mind, alright?

15. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: What would your stance on deities be?
    Would players be able to have all kinds of different ones, or will you provide a strict set?
    X

16. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: So, just make sure the character doesn't know how to make modern technology at all? Okay then.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    We planned a few deities to already exist, but you can add as many new ones as you want! ^^)/

In general, we're trying to keep the same lax feeling AG currently has, so we'll try avoid restricting things too much~
    Pretty much that and it should be fine! Probably!

leegood likes this.
  18. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Neat! Luckily I've studied a lot about medieval ages, kukuku.

19. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Month later: RIP common sense-chan~
    You could make crafting or spell casting above some level just cost resources. Better items would need more and more in both gold and rare stuff. As for spells? Want to torch whole country? You could. But youll need to put a LOT of work and resources into it. Also, someone will probably try to stop you when theyll see so many resources moving underneath your hands.

It would make for nice plot and could be used for raids too. Guild sees a lot of dangerous stuff moving to some place? Bam. Boss fight.
    Oh, could we get some names and basic description when it start? Also, how magic works, crafting and such stuff.

20. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    *Luminous chants intensify in the background*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.