Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
  2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, no. Read the post there.
    "The mini-event quest is no longer available, but you can still submit your report as long as this raid is still open."

3. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: YESSSS!!! Thanks! (How long does the Raid last?)]

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    About 7 days. So it will end in 21th of February 2017.

Lady Luck and iampsyx like this.
  5. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: Sweet! Ajeya will probably meet the money-grubber con-man NPC in this festival mwahaahahahahahha]

6. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally wrote my special event quests already, but I didn't sign up for them so I could flexibly write and change details if needed.
    But then I forgot to sign up for them orz...But I kinda didn't want to just throw my report away, so I'll post it here as...volunteer work side story, I guess?
    I don't really think I'm that good of a writer, and there are probably a few leaps of logic somewhere in here, but eh.
    OOC: Messing around with writing style, this third person view focuses more on snippets of the reconstruction with hubo rather than hubo himself
    Regarding details,tem box is omnipotent in this story, and some things are probably much too unlikely and unrealistic
    Oh, and grammar errors
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hey, new supplies!"
    As Hubo entered the village the leader of the supply crew shouted out
    "Here should be all those the materials, we gathered the sand and grass on the way by the way."
    "Ah thanks, do help out with the rest if you can."
    As the guard noted all the neccesary details down, the group of suppliers spilt, some helping out, others preparing to make another trip.
    "This is a messy place."
    Hubo muttered as he took a look around the area.
    Most of the buildings were now nothing more than a pile of rubble, and even the 'luckier' structures were almost falling appart.
    "I've heard of the destruction caused, but words can't express fully the amount of chaos caused." Muttered Hubo under his breath once more.
    As he went towards a pile of rubble, he saw many villagers and adventurers alike pulling chunks and pieces of rubble, big and small out of the pile.
    "Well, time to help out I guess."
    ---
    "Phew."
    Hubo stopped to wipe his forehead with his hand for a second.
    "This is taking long...Even with item boxes."
    Word was that a few days ago, a adventurer sweeped one of the villages clean of rubble completely, with his item box.
    As news spread ,more adventurers had too started to use the item boxes to aid in the reconstruction.
    "Sounds like someone I know, though..."
    Hubo muttered and creased his eyebrows as he thought of the person's description.
    "Skull faced mask and a black cloak? I think I only know of one person that matches that description...Better ask him later..."
    ---
    "Phew, finally, the rubble is cleared!"
    A adventurer sighed in relief as the last piece of rubble in the village was finally removed.
    "We still have work to do, lets move."
    The group then scattered to other jobs.
    ---
    "Hurry up, its nearing lunchtime."
    "Its nearly done, just have to wait a bit."
    As the adventurer coming into check nodded and left, Hubo waited for the stew to finish.
    But something unsavory happened.
    "Gah!"
    As the adventurer was rushing to leave, he accidently knocked into one of the pots.
    What happened next, was however shocking
    As Hubo, who was nearby jumped away, his own item box, which he used to store ingredients was knocked to ground by him accidently.
    It went into the trajactory of the stew's spillage.
    However, that wasn't that stunned everyone in the next instance.
    It was the item box sucked up ALL the stew.
    There was silence for a moment as Hubo came forward to check his item box
    Then came his response.
    "The stew....its still good inside."
    Even more shocked silence
    "Hey, its lunchtime! Wait, what are you guys doing?"
    ---
    "Hubo,it seems we don't have enough planks."
    Hubo nodded as he handed the last plank to the adventurer
    It has been a few days by now.
    The village walls were rebuilt, and only the buildings remained unfinished.
    "We should be done in a few more days, perhaps."
    Hubo thought to himself as he turned to ferry more building materials.
    Suddenly-
    "Argh,help!"
    When both villager and adventurer alike turned around, they were greeted with a appalling sight.
    One of the adventurers had apparently slipped, and was barely holding on the building.
    "I-I'm going to fall, please help me!"
    What made things even worse was that the building was at least a few stories high.
    No soft fall for the common adventurer.
    "Hurry! We need to get there!"
    One of the adventurers in charge of ferrying resources immediately reacted, moving immediately to help.
    There was a commotion as people reacted in that instant.
    "Here, grab onto my hand!"
    One of the adventurers working with the poor bastard tried to pull him up.
    As everyone scrambled, all hoped it wouldn't come to the worst case scenario, for no one was near the area where he might fall, if the worst came to be.
    But it did.
    The person couldn't hold on any longer, and slipped off completely.
    "Oh shit!"
    "Get him!"
    However, things only became worser.
    The falling man was not only falling at high speed, his trajactory went off as he fumbed mid fall, and was about to hit the ground.
    5 Metres
    "Shit! We are nowhere near him!"
    4 Metres
    "He might really.."
    3 metres
    "Is it too late?"
    "Oh no."
    3 metres
    "OH N-"
    Thump.
    There was a crash.
    And a disgusting squish
    There was silence as a dust cloud was created by the fall.
    But suddenly, something unexpected happen
    "Cough cough cough..."
    Everyone was stunned as they heard the person.
    Wait,he's okay?
    Everyone immediately came forward to check.
    "I'm...alive?"
    The man himself spoke again in shock
    As people looked at him, they were confused as the closest they were near the falling zone, was still a few metres.
    "But- the closest we were was a few metres away!"
    "Wait, but how did he survive?"
    They turned their eyes to look at the clearing dust cloud, their eyes were wide in shock.
    There were a few dead corpses under the adventurer that fell.
    A boar warrior, two goblins, a random rabbit...
    They had evidently cushioned his fall.
    But where did those come from?
    As they turned around their eyes widened once more.
    There was a huffing and puffing Hubo in the midst of them, but that wasn't what caught their attention.
    It was the boar warrior's head sticking out of Hubo's item box.
    There was silence once more.
    "He..threw those corpses? Using the item box"
    Someone in the crowd croaked as the rest remained silent.
    "Hey what about me? Wait what is thi- ARGGGHHHHH"
    The man's cries reverberated in the village.
    ---
    "Finally, we are done with the buildings!"
    "Three cheers for everyone!"
    "Hurrah!"
    The constructions were finally done, and everyone couldn't help but celebrate.
    Of course, there was still a lot to do, but everyone just wanted a break to rest up for now.

fuzor100, Zerith and ExitedDeviljho like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here comes my sidestory! Been ages since I planned this out but a certain turtle soup got in the way of it for way too long!

It happens right after the last quest report I posted btw.

I flew and flew, the voices kept on shouting on my head... "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" Why won't they stop!? Why won't they go away!? Mama! I'm scared! Save me Mama... Please... Just make them stop... "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come"

I'm crying, I'm afraid, I'm in pain... Why is it that those voices are not going away? They were leaving before... "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come"

Before I noticed I was in Verdant Forest... Why here of all places? And... The lake? How did I fly here automatically...? "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come"

The voices were louder... Louder than ever before... They kept on calling me... Telling me to go... Go where? What are they even...
    "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come"

I unconsciously walked towards the lake... I felt an urge to simply jump on it... They will stop if I jump won't they? I won't have to be in pain anymore, will I? I can... I can stay safe again... I should just...
    "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come" "Come"

No... I shouldn't go in there... If I do... I feel like I won't ever meet Mama again... I don't wanna... I don't wanna stay away... I wanna stay here...
    "ComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeCome"

Shut up... Go away...
    "ComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeCome"

Please... I'm begging you...
    "ComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeCome"ComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeComeCome

"Aaaaaaah!!!"

I felt something grabbing unto me, pulling me, I was falling... Falling into the darkness...

Where... Was this? I feel... I know this place... But where...? When had I...

I guess it doesn't matter... I'm falling... I'll find peace... It will finally... Be over... I can stop worrying about...

"Hey... Are you stupid or something?"

Who...? I... There is... No, it doesn't matter... It's over already...

"I'm talking to you girl, open your eyes already."

Eyes...? Aren't they... Open already?

"If you don't want to die, do what I tell you! Your time is running out you know?"

Time... My time is... What time? I just...

"For how long are you going to lazy around? Hurry up! Your life isn't over yet!"

My... Life? It's... Not over... Yet? Then... It's ending...? I don't... Don't wanna die... I wanna...

"There is no coming back once you go through that door you know? You need to choose now."

Choose...? I... I...

"I wanna... I want to stay alive... I don't want to die!"

"Good, then stop slacking and open your eyes already!"

My eyes... Right... How do I open them... It feels so hard... I... No, it's not hard... There is just... Something stopping me from it... Go away!

I felt a pressure disappearing... I opened my eyes and saw... What was all this...?

"You finally opened your eyes, guess it's your first time seeing this huh?"

I turned towards the voice... This voice, it spoke to me before, didn't it?
    I saw a woman, she was blond and used a white and purple dress... I don't remember ever meeting her before, but... It's definitely the same voice that I always heard...

"Who are you... And... What is this place?"

The place was... The weirdest thing I've ever seen... It was pitch black, but... There were things on it, white things, lots of them, filling the whole place... They were flying downwards...

"Before that, don't you think you should take care of yourself?"

Take care of... Myself?

I looked at me for a moment and... The white things, they were all around me, dragging me down with them...

"Wha-what is this!?"

"Those? Souls of the dead, they are bringing you to their land."

"Me!? Why!? How!?"

"I can explain that later... For now, I think you should do something about it... You're going to fall otherwise, look below."

I looked and... There was a portal down below, all souls... I guess they're all souls aren't they? Were converging to that single place... Is that the entrance to the realm of the dead?

"He-help me!"

"Me? Why should I?"

"Why...? You were helping me up until now weren't you!?"

"That's because it would be no fun to lose you like that, how you proceed from here on, that's up to you."

"But... How can I even get free from them? They're not even corporeal, I can't simply push them away!"

"Well, you came out before, didn't you? Why wouldn't you be able to do it again?"

"I... Did? But this... This is my first time here!"

"Is it really? I wonder..."

"It... Is? It feels... Nostalgic?"

"Right... So... How will you get out? Time is ticking."

I started to think... I got here before it seems... When did I...? Wait... A black place... Filled with... Nothingness... I was... I was here before...?

"The times... I got close to death... I came here, didn't I? At least in some of them..."

"Bingo, you were here indeed, and how did you get out?"

"I... I remembered... The things... Important to me, they helped me... Push... Upwards..."

I started thinking of Mama, Onee-chan, Onee-san, Rea-chan, Eun-chan, Niyari-chan... I wanted... I wanted to go back to them...

There was... A force, I could feel it trying to make me go up, away from that portal... But... It wasn't working... It had just slowed me down...

"Is it... Not enough?"

"Well, you never had souls pushing you down before, it was just your own death looming closer by itself, of course it's harder now."

"Then... What do I do?"

"Dunno, try thinking of something, you bought some time right? Try making use of it."

Time... I have... Time? Then maybe...

I tried stopping their time... It wasn't working though... Why wasn't it working?

"You lack mastery over it."

"I... Lack mastery?"

"Right, you got the concept right, but you're just not good enough at wielding it, time is confusing and moves in a weird way here, you can't really bend it without a really good mastery over it for as long as you're here."

"I... See..."

Then what else...? I don't think any other magic I have would really work on a ghost, I'm not a soulmancer like Mama, nor am I a priestess to expel them... A... Priestess? Huuuuummm... Perhaps...

"Gods of time and space, grant me my wish, make the ghosts that try to bring me to death be separated, let them live their time in death while I live my own in life!"

"Granted!"

"Huh?"

The ghosts that were around me suddenly went through and started falling by themselves, before long they had went through the portal and to the realm of the dead... While I kept on here, seems like I could stop my fall at least... But what was...?

"I guess it's a good time to introduce myself? Name is Yukari, Yakumo Yukari, Elder Goddess of the gaps, boundaries, rifts and anything else you might want to call it."

"Ah... I'm-"

"Hikari Shiki, yeah, I know, I've been watching you for a while, you're quite good at killing my boredom you know?"

"You were..."

"The voice that talked to you from time to time? Of course, you had already figured this much though, haven't you?

Now... Back to the first question... Are you stupid?"

"I'm... Stupid?"

"Yeah, I'm asking you that... Seriously, you start being haunted by souls of the dead, and instead of asking for help you decide to endure it by yourself? You're the last person that should let the dead be when they get around you, I'm surprised your mind didn't break completely in the process."

"But... I was going to worry Mama if I..."

"Idiot! Try thinking properly for a moment."

"I... Right... I suppose Mama would feel a lot better if she knew I would ask for help if I needed it, right, Yukari-san?"

"Exactly... I don't really blame you though, it's hard to organize your thoughts while haunted, considering how much influence they were having on you, I think you did well enough in simply not going mad."

"I see... I guess I really wasn't good enough to separate from Niyari-chan then..."

"Perhaps, though this incident is more of an issue of bad timing than anything else... I actually expected to only meet you in a few decades you know? Never expected you'd just be so attracted to death..."

"What!? I'm not attracted to death Yukari-san!"

"And yet, you keep getting close to it everytime, you ended up strengthening your bond to this place way too quickly, the last time with Time Magic was the last straw..."

"Was it that different from the other times though?"

"Yeah, it was, because you walked through the boundary between present and past this time, it's a lot harder to bypass that one than the boundary between life and death, doing so increased your link to them, making the dead able to cross the borders to go after you... Any priest should've been able to give you a charm to wave them off though, they would probably still haunt you, but at least they wouldn't be able to affect you directly."

"Wait... This doesn't make any sense Yukari-san, why would me cross the border of time allow the ghosts to cross the border of life? Aren't those completely different things!? They shouldn't influence on one another!"

"Normally I'd agree with you, but... Well, why don't we start at the beginning, do tell me, where are you?"

"Where...? I guess this is.. The border between life and death?"

"Right, a pretty empty space ain't it? The souls usually pass through here sleeping, they don't even notice the time from life until they reach death, for them, it's as if no time had passed at all. Remember that I told you time was confusing in here? The perception of time each person has in this place varies considerably to what they have in life, you're used to handling the time of living beings, so you couldn't handle the ones from the dead.

At any rate, you felt nostalgic of this place, didn't you?"

"I did, but... It was because of the times I came here when I got near death, wasn't it?"

"Technically right, but you're missing a part of it, those times you are thinking about were only the ones you came in here after you joined the guild, right? That was not the first time you got in here."

"It... Wasn't?"

"Yep, there was one more... Back before you were born to be precise."

"Then... How?"

"That should be back you were in your mother's womb, it's not really that hard for a baby to die while still in that state, you're quite fragile at the time after all... You were pretty close to it, only... You kept on staying here, not going up, nor going down, this isn't really that abnormal, plenty of beings have a really strong will to start living.

Only, yours was just... A lot bigger, your situation was probably troublesome, because you didn't climb back up no matter what, but you refused to go all the way down, keeping at a standstill for about 3 months... Ended up getting my attention, so I decided to give you a blessing."

"Yukari-san... You mean that I'm... Blessed by an Elder Goddess?"

"Right, since before birth, you've lived with my blessing all this time you know?"

"But... How could I not even notice?"

"How would you notice something strange if it was with you all the time? The blessing has been there with you since forever, of course you wouldn't notice it."

"Why though?"

"I was bored of course! You had a strong tenacity, so I thought seeing how things would go for you could end up being fun! And I ought to say, you definitely didn't disappoint, though that time in which you were mourning Marisa's death was quite boring... Even if it was quite a loss having her die, I had fun playing with her before."

"You knew Marisa-sama, Yukari-san!?"

"Duh, of course I did, I have been seeing everything you've gone to since you were born... But yeah, I did know her from before that, she was a fun playmate...

At any rate, the fact is, you have my blessing because I thought watching you would be a good way to relieve my boredom."

"Right... What does your blessing do then?"

"What else? It gives you a small part of my powers, though they've grown quite a bit since then, your progress is quite amazing I tell you, I didn't expect you to reach this level on the next 50 years, if ever that is."

"It... Did? But... Yukari-san's power is over the boundaries, isn't it? I don't really know any magic related to that... How could the blessing grow if I didn't really use it?"

*sigh* "Did you take nothing of the whole talk up until now? When did we talk about boundaries so far? Try to take something out of it for one."

"That was... Time? And... Life and Death? You meaning that the Time Magic and the times I came out of the brink of death... Were because of Yukari-san's blessing?"

"Not only those, but mainly that, yes.

I assume you did find it strange at some point, didn't you? Why would you have Time Magic without ever trying to use it? What you were doing was just messing with the border between past, present and future of you and the others subconsciously.

Same thing with the times you came back from being close to death, sheer willpower helps you in not falling, but that isn't enough to bring you back up once you're bad enough, however, you came back time and time again, because you unconsciously messed with the boundary between life and death to bring you back to the realm of the living."

"Wait! Does this mean... I can never die? That I can just bring myself back? And I can..."

"It's not that simple, messing with the borders while you're at a border yourself is fine, but you can't really fully cross the border between life and death, even I can't, the energy you'd expend is just so big that you'd instantly die again."

"I see... Guess it isn't this easy to cheat death, is it?"

"Of course it isn't, otherwise, everyone would do it, wouldn't they?"

"Right... Death isn't something this simple..."

"Yeah, don't even attempt it alright? It's possible for some people with high mastery of Life Magic, but that's definitely not your case, and even them wouldn't try bringing someone that has died years ago back, it's impossible."

"You... You noticed?"

"I've been using you to relieve me of my boredom since you were born, remember? Of course I can notice this much.

Anyway, because of my blessing, you are directly connected to the boundaries of this world, to all of them. However, you had basically no control over them at all, and you kept on making your distance to them thinner and thinner... Is it that strange that some dead were able to go through it and try to bring you to them?"

"But... Why would they do it? They were saying things like... One of us? Come back? What was all that Yukari-san?"

"That? You stayed in here for way too long, while your presence doesn't look similar to one of the dead, the dead can still feel an affinity to you... It's more than enough reason for any vengeful spirit to try and haunt you.

Well, that's about it, I guess you can understand the why you're here a bit better now at the very least?

I didn't really expect to meet you this soon, I really haven't thought of what to tell you at all... Any questions? I suppose I could answer some for you since you're already here anyway."

"Questions!? Plenty! To begin with, what was up with all that about opening a gap between Niyari-chan's power and mine!? You nearly killed me with that!"

"Oh, that? That was a slight miscalculation on my part, I have seen Chaos since a long time ago, so I understand a good part of it... Even so, I suppose pure untainted Chaos is still beyond me for now.

Wanted to give you a gift to congratulate you for finally being able to hear me, but I ended up getting the animosity of Chaos itself... Wasn't the smartest move of my life for sure." *giggles*

"That... That was it? Just that? Just a gift...?"

"Yeah, just a gift, with that overprotective mother of yours, I'm pretty sure she'd never do anything like that, so I thought I'd give you a bit of a push forward... It happens I guess?"

"It happens... Almost killing someone just... Happens? Really?"

"What do you expect? Did you even look at this place? Do you really think I care much about one death or another? Your case was a bit special since I did bless you, but you're still just another life for me, even so, I don't care that much, I would just lose a good source of entertainment if you did die... I just have to make sure to not get any other big animosity while doing it.

So... I guess for that one, I apologize, I messed up."

"... You could at least pretend to care though?"

"I could, but I'm way past the age to lie to people just to make them slightly happier about it, rather have you know the truth properly and understand how to deal with it."

"Somehow, I can't really get angry at this behavior of yours..." *sigh* "Then... Why was I able to hear you back then Yukari-san? I had never heard you before that time."

"Oh, it's the same reason why the ghosts were able to go after you, you were walking through boundaries at that time again."

"I was...?"

"Of course, the boundary between sanity and madness, you had pretty much gone completely mad before, so there wasn't much I could do back then, but after that mother of yours fixed you, you started to wander through the border between them both, so it kinda opened a channel between us both.

I was honestly quite surprised at the time, having you hear me out was quite unexpected, but it worked out somehow."

"Then... My reason for not... Being that desperate about Shadow after that... Was it... Was it also you...?"

"Sure, but it wasn't anything much, I just moved you from the border towards the side of sanity again, back when your mother fixed you up, I think she tried keeping you the same, so she didn't mess too much with your feelings, what I did was just making a bit of a stronger push towards the sane side, which was enough to make you stop wandering through the border between them.

Or maybe it was you rejecting her mind magic in fear of having your own self altered, I don't really know."

"I... I see... Was it also Yukari-san then? That messed my feelings... That made me... And Shadow..."

"What? Split up? Don't go blaming others for your own problems kid, that was your own doing, and you know that, keeping you sane was definitely not what made you give up on the love of your life."

"I... How..." *cries* "How can you say it... Like that...?" *cries*

"How else would I say it? It's the truth and you know it, don't try to deny it... Thought you had already accepted it by now girl."

"Right... I... I just..." *cries*

"Wanted to find another one to blame? Some magical formula that would explain it all and allow you to fix things up? Those things don't really exist, as sad as it may be."

"Yeah... You're right..." *wipes tears off* "I had already decided to move on... I was the one to end it after all... I shouldn't try blaming anyone else for that..."

*pats* "Good, like this is better, so... Anything else?"

"Uhn... Yukari... Chan Yukari-chan said that you couldn't talk to me before that...? Why though? I mean, shouldn't you be able to talk to me whenever you wished? If you gave me the blessing and all..."

"I could, but I'd have to force my way to your mind through a gap and communicate through that, you would probably accept it instinctively, but it would still be noticeable by that Chaos Aspect that was with you, as well as by your mother, so it was way too much of a hassle... Besides, I didn't really have any reason to anyway.

More like, that one time, the one that opened the connection was you, I was just talking to myself and you heard it, you really surprised me at that point."

"Oh... Right... Then why didn't I hear Yukari-chan talking to yourself at other points later on?"

"Because I'm not stupid, you were right on the gap between madness and sanity back then, being directly into a gap was what made the whole connection, so all I had to do, was to take a bit more care of what I spoke about whenever you entered another border."

"So Yukari-chan could only talk to me when I was in some sort of border...?"

"At first? Yes, it was quite easy though, you entered those all the time, Life and Death, Fear and Confidence, Madness and Sanity... Seriously, there should be a limit to how much trouble you can put yourself into, and how much emotional trouble it brings you as well...

Regardless, after a while you ended up becoming too attuned to the borders, so I could talk to you whenever I wished... I kinda had to manually open and close the connection on my own side though, since it became a fixed one... It was on my side though, so it wasn't detectable from the outside."

"I see... Seems like it's quite complicated... Then... Old hag?"

"... Yuuka... Well, yes, she call me that, she is about as old as I am though, Elder Goddess of Flowers, hmph, always good to get on my nerves..."

"Yuuka-chan is... An Elder Goddess?"

"Well, what else do you expect? Do you really think I'd let anyone call me Old Hag if they weren't at least on my level? I'd just get rid of them as soon as I had the chance."

"I suppose it does make sense... Now... About Yukari-chan's blessing... How does it work?"

"What do you mean how does it work? I already answered that to you, it gives you a part of my powers."

"No, no, I meant... How can I use it? From what Yukari-chan said, it seems like what I did so far was mostly subconscious use of it, isn't there any way for me to use it consciously? To make it work better?

Oh, and what exactly does it give me of your powers? Working with the boundaries is... A bit too generic for me..."

"Right... Let's start with the second part first... It gives you the power of boundaries, as simple as that, you can mess with them how you see fit, the stronger you are, the better you'll be at it.

If you want to know what it gave you so far... Well, I already mentioned two. First your Time Magic, it was the most natural way your subconscious came to understand this power, it basically caught the concept of the boundaries in the Time-space sense of it, since it's the most prevalent aspect of it.

Then the times you came back from the brink of death... But I think you are more interested in the stuff I haven't mentioned so far... Obviously.

Which was... Honestly, there was just one more thing that you really did with this blessing, which is actually quite amazing in itself, since it's a really non-intuitive way of using it.

You crossed the border of knowing and not knowing, of being able to and being unable to. It's a really hazy border, hard to grasp, hard to see, hard to go through... And yet you did it time and time again in a completely unconscious way... I actually doubt you'd be able to even do it consciously, it was something really incredible you know?"

"Eh!? I did that?"

"Of course you did... Remember those times you were training and then suddenly... You were able to do it? Just suddenly, with no warning beforehand whatsoever? How else do you think that would be possible?

I mean, just look at the wide variety of magics you can use, most people should have a certain affinity to a given type or types of magic and only be able to cast those, but you can simply cast pretty much anything, that's not something that should be normally be possible, yet you keep on passing through the border between not being able to do it and being able to, so you just were able to."

"But that's just... Doesn't that basically mean I can do pretty much anything?"

"If you can surpass the border between possibility and impossibility, I don't see why not, though I doubt you'd be able to find that border and cross it, there is a limit to how much a power that comes from an Elder Goddess can do, you know?"

"A... Limit?"

"Right, imagine that you wanted to go make the gap between your power and Chaos power be null, Chaos is something that is simply leagues above me, and as such, this border is simply unreachable to you.

In fact, while my blessing gave you a start, right now the power you own is basically your own, the blessing's power grow in accordance to it, so you shouldn't be able to do anything with it that you wouldn't be able to do normally. You can just consider it as another type of magic at your disposal if you wish."

"But... Didn't Yukari-chan say I had crossed the border between being able to and not being able to do something? Doesn't that means I did something I was not able to do?"

"Remember what I said before? The main aspect of the boundaries is of Time-Space, essentially, you weren't able to do that yet, but with enough time, you would definitely be able to, no matter how horrible your affinity was, you should still be able to learn a field of magic if you dedicated yourself enough to it, crossing the border between it was about the same outcome you'd have if you used Time to learn it, only without the actual use of Time in it.

A bit similar to your Time Magic, don't you think? They're just different ways of looking to the same thing."

"I... I see... It's something nice knowing at the very least... Though I guess it doesn't help me much, since I don't use it consciously..."

"Well, you never know, maybe you could actually learn how to use it consciously, you've never failed to surprise me so far.

As for what you can use it for? Pretty much anything, as long as you can think of it in a way that borders work, you can use the power of my blessing to achieve it.

For example..."
    A pitch black portal appeared on her side and she put her hand through it.

*tickle tickle*

"Kyah!?"

*giggles* "That's a cute reaction for sure!" *giggles*

*pouts* "That's not fair... Yukari-chan made the portal appear behind me to do that..."

"Right, that would be the most basic way of using it, to open a rift from one place to another, but the possibilities are pretty much limitless, as long as you can think of it in boundaries, you should be able to use my blessing's power to do it.

Why don't you try it out?"

"Trying it out...? How though?"

*sighs* "Didn't Yuuka tell you that already? How do you expect me to teach you how to do something as natural as breathing, I just breath, I can't teach you how to.

Just think of making a rift between one place and another and make it, that's all there is to it, try a small distance if it will make it easier for you to visualize."

"Alright, I'll give it a shot."

A rift between here and... There!

"Woah!"

"Did it on first try? Well, I guess that's to be expected, it should be as natural as breathing to you as well after all, try going through it."

"Ri-right!"

It was a bit scary... I mean, sure, the whole place was pitch black, but at least there were souls all around it... There was nothing on the rift... It was... No, I should just go... Eh?

"Uhn... How do I move in here?"

"How do you what?"

"Move, I mean... I don't feel any gravity in this place sucking me down, so I can't really fly forward, nor there is any ground below me for me to walk upon... So... How do I move, Yukari-chan?"

"... How do you move your legs?"

"Uhn... What? How I move... I don't know... I just... Move them!"

"It's the same, you're in a boundary, you control boundaries, to move within a boundary you just move, you don't think about moving, just move and you'll be moving."

"Right... Then..."

I tried moving and... I really did move! That's so weird! Then... The gap... Here we go!

I crossed it and appeared behind Yukari-chan, she instantly noticed and turned around.

"I... I did it!"

"Seems like you did, why don't you practice a bit more then?"

"Right! I'll do my best, Yukari-chan! \(^^)/"

I made a few more rifts and traveled a bit within the space... There wasn't much more to try out since the place was completely empty though, there were only...

"Yukari-chan, what did you do back when the ghosts were stopping me?"

"Oh, that? I wouldn't recommend you trying it out in here, since it's a place that there is only you, me and the ghosts within this place, but I basically controlled the border between materiality and immateriality to you and them, making you immaterial related to them, so they went through you."

"It's even possible to use it like that!?"

"Sure, as long as you can think of it in the right way, just make sure to practice with a more safe thing, wouldn't want you messing up half-way and merging yourself with a ghost."

"That would be... Right, I'll be careful with it Yukari-chan!"

"Then, was anything else that you needed?"

"Uhn... That is... Why have you been so nice to me ever since I got here Yukari-chan? You said you were looking after me solely for the amusement, right? Then why would Yukari-chan suddenly help me out so much?"

"Well, 3 reasons.

The first, is that with the way you were doing things, I had an impression I'd lose my good source of amusement very quickly."

"Right..."

"The second is that it's kind of my fault that you came in here, since your bond to me and the boundaries was that allowed the ghosts to haunt you in the first place, so I felt a bit responsible... Sure, you wouldn't even be alive without my blessing most likely, but hey, I do have my own morals... At times.

The third is because I had planned on telling you a bit more about your powers anyway, when you were older and more level headed most likely... But you ended up coming way sooner, so I thought... Why not? Not like I lose anything out of it, and you can end up bringing me more amusement like this, so... I did it."

"That is... A bit unexpected I guess, but... Thank you Yukari-chan."

"Don't mention it, I'm just doing it for fun anyway.

So, is there anything else?"

"I think that was all... So, how do I get out of here, Yukari-chan??"

"Oh, that? Just open a gap to the outside, you should be able to do it without much of a problem, try using the lake you fell into, it will probably be easier if you do."

"The lake? Why? Because I was there when I fell?"

"Nah, that wouldn't matter one bit, your body is here right now, so the point of entrance has no importance at all.

However, you ended up changing this lake with your power back when you fell on it, remember that on the first time you reached it, you found some slimes and your cat? How come you never saw any living being later on then?

That's because that thing isn't a lake anymore, it's a portal, a portal to this place, you're naturally attracted to it because this is technically where you came from, and that place is an entrance.

Don't worry too much about anyone or anything ending up in here by accident though, that lake isn't even in the world of the living anymore, it in itself is another boundary that leads to this one."

"You can have boundaries that lead you to boundaries...?"

"Of course you can! Didn't you open a rift to move within here, that's a boundary leading you to a boundary, you can have as many boundaries in between 2 places as you want, nothing really stop that."

"I see... Oh and, that space inside the rift... Where is that Yukari-chan? It's pitch black... Like here, but... Not here?"

"That is a pure boundary, it's just a gap, it has absolute nothing within it, it just connects 2 places, hence why you see nothing in it."

"Shouldn't it then just... Show the other side of the rift Yukari-chan?"

"Depends on the nature of the rift, the one you made, and the one I usually make, are pure, they are empty boundaries that connect places, but at the same time, they exist, they are there and are their own beings, at least until they disappear.

The ones that show the other place aren't really like that, they don't really exist, they are rifts that do not connect, but sever the distance between 2 places, so they end up showing the other side, for the other side is what is there, not the rift in itself."

"It's confusing..."

"Don't worry too much about it... Oh, one last thing, try closing the gap between you and this place a bit, otherwise, some ghosts will probably go after you again."

"Closing the gap... Right, just like breathing?"

"Just like breathing."

I tried to visualize my own connection to this place, I felt that nostalgic feeling about it and a strong like attached to it... I guess I just need to... Make this link smaller?

Somehow this doesn't feel like controlling boundaries... Which means it probably won't work... Maybe... Huuum... The border between a weak and a strong link? Let's try that...

... It worked! I can't believe it! It really did work!

"I did it Yukari-chan!"

"Yeah, good job, you're starting to get the gist of it, try practicing some more later, alright?

So... You going?"

"Oh, right, guess I shouldn't spend any longer in here, Mama would get worried otherwise... How much time did I spend anyway?"

"Time is messy in here, remember? If you were to look from the outside... I guess it were 30 minutes?"

"That's... Quite convenient."

"Not that much, you can't really do anything in here, so it quickly gets boring, nobody would stay here for long."

"Isn't this Yukari-chan's home though?"

"What!? Of course not, this is my domain! My home is in another place!"

"Got it, then... Can I come again to visit you Yukari-chan?" *tilts head*

"Sure, why not?"

"Okay then! Bye bye! Take care!"

"You as well~! Don't go ruining my fun, okay?"

"Got it! I'll be careful! \(^^)/"

I opened a rift to the outside, it was really easy, just like Yukari-chan said it would, I went through it and felt me getting out of the lake... I'm back! And with no more ghosts troubling me!

Guess I should go back to the guild and fill in a report on the quests... I kinda caused some trouble on the way here though... Let me fix it at the very least...

I sensed the traces of my Mana in the path I flew all the way here... In lots of places there were messed up parts in it... Let's see... Try opening a gap between the time before I went through it and now... Oh, it worked! Still drains a considerable amount of Mana, but it's less than before... This is really practical... I think I have enough to fix the other parts I caused trouble in...

I flew from the path fixing the places I had let my Mana go wild, before long I was done with them all and still had a bit of Mana left... Nice!

I got into the village and apologized for the trouble to the elf I talked to before, he didn't really mind and told me to try taking care of myself, after getting a certificate I had completed the quests, I flew back to the guild to report them in...

Or so I was going to do, but... Better to start trying it out now, isn't it?

I first made my Chaos Energy go through the gap between Chaos and Mana, which was basically an easier way of converting it into the other, then I started making rifts between a place a bit far from the village to the direction of Aeternus, it seemed like the distance didn't matter much for the Mana I was spending, so... Let's try making one right above Aeternus!

It worked! Yay! I'm feeling really happy now! I bet Mama will be surprised when I get home like this!

I delivered the reports and then opened another rift to go back home, the people on the desk were a bit surprised by it, but I think they'll get used in no time, they're used to Shadow's teleportation after all!

Once getting home, I went to Mama and explained to her that I finally met the being that was talking to me on my head, what she was, how I viewed her as a sort of friend and how my own power worked... I omitted the parts about the ghosts, the going crazy part, the not looking for help and that it happened partially due to Yukari-chan's fault.

Iinstead I just told her I felt an unusual calling towards the lake and decided to investigate, and I felt a really nostalgic feeling on the inside of it, as well as some sort of guarantee that it was safe, even if I didn't know the source of it.

I felt a bad lying to Mama, but I didn't show it... I just want Mama to be happy, I don't want her to worry even more about me... And I definitely can't say I did another reckless thing to her now.... I'm happy to be home.

Phew, that concludes my sidestory, took 6524 words to do that, which is... Definitely less than what I already spent on some others.

Hikari's speech pattern was a bit messed up in some parts because I was talking to too many people OOC at the same time, so I had to fix it later, but it became a bit weird to me anyway...

I think I tied up all loose ends I had left before with this one... Or at least I think I did, maybe I forgot to tie some since I don't really proofread my stories...

At any rate, it's the last story I needed to finish developing the lore surrounding Hikari, maybe I could've done better, but I liked the final outcome of it.

Somehow this is feeling like writing an afterword for me... Even if I never wrote one before! >.<

Anyway, I had lots of fun making this, any other side stories I make for Hikari will be to work on her, side characters and any other thing I think of! But unless I have any other crazy idea, it's the last one to talk about her powers, backstory and things like it!

Thanks to everyone that read until the end! Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did enjoy writing it! <(^^<) \(^^\) <(^^)> \(^^)/ (>^^)> (/^^)/

8. Rosa Z

Rosa Z Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roseberg Recollections
    The Farewell: Part 1
    "Elly, I'll be leaving now," I gave a curtsy as my dear sister hugged me tight.
    "Do you really have to leave? You can always be here and be my assistant," she said, determined not to let me go.
    I smiled wryly, "yes, my mind is made up. I'd like to try as our forefathers did and set up my own store."
    "You know you can always come back here, right?"
    "Yes, thank you, Elizabeth. I promise this won't be a final farewell. After all, the Rosenberg family is too good to let go," I laughed faintly, trying to make her laugh as she hides her sniffles. I hugged her back one last time before we let go of our embrace.
    "Here," Elly took a small box held by her maid and gave it to me, "keep this. For emergencies."
    The box is a simple red box, with the Rosenberg logo crafted on it. You can feel the quality of the product even from the box. Caressing the family crest, I opened it and picks up the rose pendant inside. A rosenberg specialty. "Elly.." she closed the box and wrapped my hands around it as she pushed me towards the simple wagon I especially requested.
    She forced a smile, "take care, Lotty"
    Smiling back, I asked Schmidt to drive the wagon away, unable to look back towards Elly and the Rosenberg estate.
    Forcing a smile, I whisprered my good bye.

9. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A super small side story nya, it's what happens before Alice goes to the event nya!

A festival nya? This could be fun nya! I want to go nya!

Going alone would be boring though... I wonder if I can bring Aria with me nya? I think she would love to go to a festival nya!

I'll ask her what she thinks of it nya!

I got unto the portal straight to Delta Town nya, I rushed home quickly afterwards nya, I became a cat again and entered the house through the window nya, Aria was there helping Luna out nya, I got close and snuggled myself on her leg nya.

"Alice! You came back!" She hugged me nya! "You always disappear like that, please make sure to always come back okay? I worry for you."

"Nya!"

"Mom? Can I play with Alice a bit?"

"Sure Aria, just don't take too long, alright?"

"Okay!"

Aria left the room with me nya, we went into her room and once we got there, I turned back into nekomata form nya.

"You look really cute like this Alice!"

*blushes* "Wha-what are you saying nya!?"

"Just the truth, hehehe, so, how were your adventures this time?"

"Pretty nice nya! We were helping out the elves in rebuilding their kingdom nya! I even went out with a party nya! We worked quite well together nya!"

"Oh, that looks pretty fun! I wonder if I could become an adventurer in the future-"

"Don't do that nya! It's really dangerous nya! And you need to help Luna out nya! You'd make her die from worry and overworking without you here nya!"

"I guess so... But you make me worry as well, you know? I don't want seeing Alice get hurt..." *pouts*

"But I'm strong nya! I can protect myself nya! I won't be dying there nya! I'll definitely come back to you nya!"

"Okay! I'll trust you on that Alice!"

"I'll do my best nya!

Nya! I almost forgot nya! There is a festival going on now nya! It's made to celebrate the reconstruction of the Kingdom nya! Do you want to come with me nya!? It will be really fun nya!"

"A festival...? All the way into Oakenlake? How would we even get there...?"

"We can use the teleport to Aeternus nya! And then take an airship towards the kingdom nya!"

"We can ride those airships!? Just like that!?"

"Of course nya! Guild members can use it freely nya! And I can just take you with me nya! There is no problem at all nya!"

"That would be nice... I always dreamed of flying up there... But... Isn't it dangerous?"

"Not at all nya! The super strong people of the guild are there nya! They are protecting everyone and making sure everything is fine nya! And everyone is really happy nya! It's supposed to be a fun event nya! Nothing bad will happen nya!"

"I would have to convince mother and father though..."

"I'm sure you can do it nya! Aria is good with her words nya! Let's go nya... Pretty pretty please nya?"

"Alright, I'll try, I can't resist your charm Alice!!!" She hugged me tighter nya! "I'll talk to them over dinner, okay?"

"Alright nya! I'll be counting on you nya!"

Aria talked to her parents nya, they were a bit apprehensive, but Aria was great into convincing them nya! They ended up giving in nya!

Luna prepared a lot of things for Aria to take with her nya, as well as some pocket money nya! I was quite amazed nya, I wouldn't have ever thought of this many things nya, I guess a mother is always well prepared nya?

We bathed and then lay down together like usual nya.

"Good night Alice."

"Good night Aria nya!"

"Let's have tons of fun together, okay?"

"Hai! Lots of fun nya!"

Before long I was sleeping nya, I can't wait for tomorrow nya!

ExitedDeviljho, Carm and fuzor100 like this.
  10. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 3 of Insanity Arc

Table of Contents:

Insanity Arc Part 1
    Insanity Arc Part 2
    Insanity Arc Part 3
    Insanity Arc Part 4
    Insanity Arc Part 5
    Let’s see, where do we start…… how about how me and Carmen met? People always ask that. They’re like. “How’d you two meet?” And all that pleasantries…. Well then again… they usually ask that for couples…. Which we’re not… nor we will ever be one. Why? I simply see Carmen as a really great, fun, casual, friend. So, yeah. Anything wrong with that? You can be close friends with the opposite gender, as long as the friends date knows that you two are just friends, nothing more. Well, at least, that’s how I view it. And besides, in the end, I was broken from the start. I never understood “Romantic” love. Even now, I understand even less. Call it cliché or whatever, but I sincerely do not understand it. I do understand “familiar” love. I could never understand why people do the things they do when they’re in love. In fact, most “love” I see is in fact, just disguised lust. Well it’s not like I’m totally inept to love. I’ve read many a books on the topic at hand. Yet, it’s true meaning, is still out of grasp. Perhaps that’s why, perhaps that may be the reason why I’m good at making couples. Because I make them out of logical facts and not just unguided lust, as couples made purely out of that, will never last.

But where was I? Yes, me and Carmen…and how we met. Well this is an interesting story, at least, it is to me. Though I’m not quite sure as too what other people find interesting, as, I’m not in their head. Though, I always do wonder as to what other people think, but then again, who doesn’t? Isn’t that just one of the many things people collectively wonder? Or wish to be able to do? Well, in the end, I’ll probably go insane from it…….well… not that I’m not already insane.

Actually, the word collectively always pisses me off. You know why? It’s not that word, but the word people often use in response to it. “Exception.” That word, that single, irritating word. Why irritating? Simple. When you say like something like, oh humans are selfish. A person then goes on to show you one person who isn’t to prove you wrong. They then go on to talk and ramble on about how there is always as exception. But still, that’s what irritates me, it makes it seem like my point was invalid. Like what I said was untrue. But you know what “exception” means? It means outside the norm. So how does this prove my point? By saying that that one kid is the “exception” that basically means that you acknowledge that everyone being selfish is the norm. So yeah, haha, you’re right, that kid is an exception. BUT THAT DOESN”T MEAN THAT EVERY DAMN ONE IS JUST BECAUSE THAT KID IS! So stop acting as if that proved my point wrong, if anything, it just cements my point further into truth.

I mean.. urg…. Whatever.

Ah, but I digress once more. I was talking about mine and Carmen’s meeting… right? Hahaha…. I didn’t even start I think, midway through it my thoughts turned into a rant. Oh well. Rants are a common occurrence for me. At least, inside of me. No one usually can or will hear my thoughts. So I think I’m fine. But in the end, the world is a strange place. Still, I want to see someone read me, or at least, do a psyche evaluation of me. It’ll be quite entertaining in my opinion, to see what a professional has to say about my behavior patterns and such. Well I should probably get back to the matter at hand.

Which was what again? Ah, yes, mine and Carmen’s meeting. I’m definitely not dragging this moment on so that I can avoid saying it……… yeah….. definitely…..

Well anyways I was about ten to twelve when I first met her. At that time, I still believe myself to be quite mature and intelligent (sidenote: hahahahaha boy was I wrong) and a group of my friends and I traveled to another nearby place, with our teacher, for a special event. What event? I can’t really recall at the moment. I’m sure it’ll come back to me…. Eventually. Though in the end, it usually never does.

Memories huh, you remember the most useless of facts but you can never remember the most important details. Well, at least it is for me. I’m not quite sure as to how other people do in memorizing things. Oh well.

Back to the matter at hand, by the way, side story, I never quite understood the phrase “back to the matter at hand”, I mean, it makes it seem like something is wrong, even though most people who use it nowadays, don’t use it in conjecture with problems. I mean, at the very least, I don’t. But in the end, using myself as a precedent isn’t the smartest sample group come to think of it.

Anyways I derailed myself too much already, let’s get back to my previous topic. Which was mine and Carmen’s meeting. Okay, so where was I? Ummm…. Did I talk about the jokes yet? No? Whoops, spoiler. There were jokes. Well, anyways. Back… ahh right, my teacher took me and 3 others to attend a festival. You’ll never see me in a festival again in case you’re wondering. Although as a “child” (I’m still a child, but in this case I mean when I was younger, like before, age is subjective, then again, I might not be considered a child with my age, again, age is subjective, it all depends, like everything in this world does) I quite enjoyed them, I now find them to be quite tedious, and overbearing. Who knows, that opinion might change.

At that festival, me and my friends were at a table, eating. So my friends started to make “blonde” jokes. Well, regardless, you might see how this went. Anyways, it was my turn to make a joke, I made a bloody good one by the way (It was a bad one). Hmph and don’t you doubt it! So as I was saying this, a girl of similar age group as mine walked by, she of course had blonde hair, and overheard my joke. To which she responded in anger. Sitting down at our table, with her friends, and glaring at me…. Or was it yelling at me? Regardless, I could tell in her eyes that she hated me. So I asked her name, she in turn asked me mine. I told her it. Regardless she then told me hers. At that time I thought that this was just going to be a onetime meeting so I didn’t bother to remember it. Which might have saved myself from the cringefest ahead……………

Though that’s all in hindsight, everything in hindsight there is a way you could’ve gone about it better. Always, but in the end, that was the past. Nothing you could do to change it. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Because in the end, changing the past, is denying your reason for going back into the past, thus making it so that you never did go back into the past, ergo, nullifying your changes in the past.

Well regardless, I forgot about the girl. Never saw her again, is what I would like to say, but apparently, the world loves to play with me. Actually, I guess this is where the saying “It’s a small world after all” can come into play. After I moved up to a more advanced school where other schools were merged together all of the kids into that one school. I looked at my class, of course I was in all of the “honors” classes, because I’m just that good (that and everything is pretty much easy at that level in my opinion). I went to my history class, and waited for my assigned seats, at that point, I was still confusing lust with love. At that point, I would one-sidedly put my feelings onto a person without even knowing their personality; at that point, I was extremely shallow. Not to say that at this point I’m not shallow, I’m incredibly shallow. But in my opinion, myself back then was incredibly naïve.

Well, anyways where was I before I talked about my naïve past? Ah yes, our seating. I was sat between one of my friends, who coincidentally was one of the three who joined with me to the festival, and a girl I noticed earlier as I was standing up. She was smaller than me, in which I mean she’s shorter, blonde hair and *ahem* I’m sorry but had a somewhat bigger than average chest…. I told you my younger self was an extremely shallow self, though I do have to thank him, as without his shallowness, I might’ve not have become friends with Carmen. Yes, so my elated self, who had just “met” this girl being the awkward self he was, offered his hand for a handshake…. I just want to burry myself in a hole when I think about it…….. She looked offended, so of course I wondered what I did wrong (probably next time, don’t offer a handshake to someone who hated you, or rather, don’t offer a handshake at all, that’s smarter) and I said “Nice to meet you I’m Drew.” She responded in kind, if I can recall correctly, with a look full of hatred and the words. “I remember.” Of course, I had completely forgotten about her, but I guess girls really don’t let go of grudges…….the petty species you guys are…… well anyways we had this whole big chat about who she was, I of course made this comment. “Oh, so you’re the dumb blonde.”

Yeah……… not exactly the best thing to say………… I regret my choices….. well, regardless she then proceeded to ignore me. But somehow we became friends? (I helped her a lot in that class and the other classes) So we became friends. Me calling her dumb blonde eventually became a inside joke between the two of us. So…. Yeah. That’s how we met. Pretty interesting to me, but then again, that’s me. She still brings up that awkward handshake to this very day………..so petty.

But, that’s how we met, first with hatred, then with enmity, then ending with friendship. We still chat about this occurrence every now and then when we have nothing else to talk about, mainly to poke fun at our past selves. Well, at least, I hope that’s why, it could be that she just keeps bringing it up to shame me…… so petty.

Well regardless of her past pettiness….. is me whining about her pettiness being petty? Probably, oh well, I’m a hypocrite, sue me.

Well after that what should I talk about? Huh? Mine and Carmen’s current conversation? Why would I talk about that? Huh? You want to listen to it? Ohhhhh…… that would make a lot more sense….. okay then……. Onto the conversation we goooo………..so sleepy……

“So then you gave offered me a handshake.”

Grrrr…… bringing that up again….. you petty girl………..Just remembering that makes me want to die! Seriously, shut up about that.

“I remember” I responded apathetically, why does this damn girl keep bringing it UP!

Like, gahhhhh!!!! Stop waving around my dark past! Seriously, you’ll kill me, you know?

“Ahhhh…. Good times..” Heaving a sigh she then on the chair, put her chin into her palms. Good times? Maybe….. yeah not really, I still resent myself for doing that, you too a little bit…. Actually there is a little bit of dark past I can bring up about her, but since I’m nice (I’m not nice) I won’t bring it up. I’m definitely not saving it for later…. I have no idea what you’re talking about…. Don’t accuse me of something you have no proof of!!

“Hey Drew, remember that promise?” Huh, a promise? Which one? Actually, I don’t think I did make a promise with her, at least, none that I can recall. And what I mean by that, is no major promise. A simple promise like see you tomorrow or the like, I’ve said plenty.

But a promise… huh. Well although naïve, I don’t think I said anything stupid like I’ll get married to you or anything. So this “promise” makes me wonder. But then again, in the end, if I can’t remember it, I can’t remember it. You can’t force something out when there is nothing there. Though a promise that was worthy enough to bring it up. Huh. Oh well, I guess I’ll humor her, she probably already knows that I don’t remember and is just doing this to make fun of me. So petty. Well, I can humor her, but I guess I’ll be honest, yeah, what a shocker, me being honest.

“No, sorry Carmen, can’t say that I do.” I feel like I just saw a smirk come out of her mouth there for a brief moment. This damn girl, she knew. She knew that I didn’t and anticipated it. Damn it. Well, unless it was a substantial promise that I must remember, which in that case I would’ve, then she doesn’t have much to poke fun at me. But then again. Who knows. She’s a petty girl after all.

“Of course you do.” There’s that smirk again. Gahhh just tell me so I can move this conversation into my advantage! We play at my house, my rules! So just let it out and don’t drag this thing on any longer.

“ Well probably since you say it to me so many times, you most likely forgotten about it and don’t think it as important.” Huh….. something I say to her many times… which would’ve started out as important, but later turned into something casual. The only thing that comes to my mind for this matter is my puppet mastery of her and her dates….. wait……..damn it….that’s why she brought up the festival. This damn girl, stop flaunting your love life to me! Seriously, get something better to do!

“So you got yourself a date for the festival and want me to help with it, is that what I can assume from your hint?” I know I’m right, she knows I’m right, this isn’t me being cocky (this is totally me being cocky by the way) it’s just a matter of fact. It’s the undeniable truth.

“Wrong!” WHAT!?! Wrong? How could I be wrong.. where did I go about this badly. Ummm let’s see…..no that’s can’t be true…. Hmmmm… umm…........at that point I looked up, only to see a laughing Carmen right in front of my face. This damn girl! She just said that to see my panic and disarray. Damnit, she got me. Whatever, I’ll get back at her. I swear. Though I’ll probably forget about this and have to focus on making a good date and analyzing her date’s behavioral patterns. Damn it.

Well, probably after a minute of me glaring at her, she finally stopped her inane laughter. Damn it this makes me want to bring up that piece of blackmail I have stored up. Calm down, calm down. You’re saving that for a rainy day. Don’t give in to your impulses and say it here. Okay. Just continue glaring at her.

“Ahhhh…” She was catching her breath after that insidious laughter that plagued me ended.

“Did I get you?” Yes, you got me, congratulations, you won the game. Your prize? My death stare!

“Yes, you got me” I feel like I saw her do a really victory pose in her mind. Damn it, is making fun of me that fun? Only I should get to be able make fun of other people and have fun with it, not the other way around! I call blasphemy! I will get my revenge!

“Ahahahah” She laughed a bit more. This damn girl is really starting to get on my nerve.

“Anyways you’ll help right? You’ll come to the festival and stalk us two and give me hints, right?”

You’re forcing my hand, abusing that promise. Damn you. Well in truth, I would love to, but I really can’t keep that promise.

“Haa…. Sorry Carmen, I can’t keep that promise. You know I can’t leave this house, if I do, my condition will deteriorate.” Saying that just makes my heart break, why? Cause I witnessed my best friend’s lips go from a genuine heart felt smile, full of laughter and glee and teasingness. To a straight up frown. Not like a pouting frown, a genuine frown of despair, of sadness, of loneness. Don’t. Don’t show me that face. Please don’t. Just, don’t . Please. Stop. You’re making me sad.

As I was about to console her she tugged my shirt. Halting my movements and made pulled my face right in front of hers. In her eyes I could see tears welling up. I could hear some slight sniffling. Please, don’t show this too me. No matter what you do, or how you persuade me, it doesn’t change the fact that I just can’t do it, I can’t go out there. You want me to get better, right? Please, so just, please, let it go. I promise some other time, when I’m better, we can even tell each other dumb blonde jokes, you dumb blonde. So please. Don’t look at me like that. Don’t show me that face. Stop making those heart wrenching sounds. Just please stop. Stop.

Surprising me, she suddenly stopped her tears, wiping them with hand that wasn’t preventing my retreat. Looking back at me with resolve, I saw fire in her eyes. No, was it ice?

She suddenly tackled me right then and there, going into a full out bear hug. Please note that I’m still sitting on my bed. So right now we’re on my bed, with Carmen on top of me.

Continuing to hug me, wordlessly she tightened her squeeze. Suffocating me. Then, wordlessly, soundlessly. She got up. Picked up her things, and walked out my door. Leaving me alone. Confused. Alone. And in pain. More pain then this stupid disease ever brought me. And this time, there was nothing, no ailment that could heal it. I was going to have to live with this pain, with this burden, until I forget it. A terrifying thought, the thought that I might forget making my friend, this sad. This emotional of a wreak. It scared me. But you know what scares me more? The fact that I can already feel the pain from this encounter dull, the emotions flowing away. Leaving me with nothing. Absolutely nothing. Perhaps soon, I’ll even forget how to feel scared of losing my emotions. If I do, then at that time, I truly will have no reason to live. No reason to go on. But, also no reason not to live. Such a conundrum will plague me until either this disease leaves me, or I die. It’s the curse I must live with. This is the burden that I will carry forever, as wounds of the heart, are not so easily healed.

In the end, I will just continue on, without a worry, without a say.

Without a mention of love.

Without normalcy.

Without peace.

Without myself.
    First off, Julietta, if you’re reading this (which you’re probably not as there is only so many people who read these and I find it highly unlikely that you’ll find this as I cannot see you reading Asian novels as they do not fit your tastes, at least, the ones I’ve seen) ….I’m sooo sorry. I couldn’t create an “interesting” encounter for Carmen and Drew, so I used ours. Well, revised it a bit to make a bit more sense in this setting but…… Soooo….. SORRY! *bows*

P.S.

Love you, *hugs*, see you tomorrow if you do read this!

P.P.S

Oh yeah, Carmen is in no way based off you, just her meeting…… and some inspiration……….. so don’t get any wrong ideas?

P.P.P.S.

You’re probably not reading this so… yeah that’s how I view you back then, surprised?

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Please don’t suddenly stop talking to me if you do read this.
    Ummm…. You guys didn’t see the thing above, okay?

DON”T JUDGE ME!

But things will probably pick up pace next part, for now Carmen is playing a passive role. As for Drew?

Who knows how he fits into the grand scheme of things. I guess only I do. welp

Still, I need to get Carm in here soon. Otherwise the other two parts will end without anything being resolved. All you will know is who Carmen is, and why she is like that. I mean, no spoilers. Whoops.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  11. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted this story to already be on the raid nya, but I'm already quite close to the word limit nya, and I just made it as arriving to the kingdom nya... So I decided to make the next one on the proper raid thread nya, and this one in here instead nya.

A bit sad about Aria nya... I don't think I'm doing a good job in making her childish nya, she seems too similar to an adult or teenager at least nya... I hope I can make her look more childish on the next part nya!
    After waking up and getting ready to go, Aria took me and left her home nya, her mom was still quite worried nya, but we were able to leave nya!

We got a bit far from the main roads so as to let me transform back into a nekomata nya, and with that, we started going to the festival nya!

"Over here Aria nya!"

"Are you sure it's safe Alice?"

"Of course it is nya! I already used it plenty of times nya!"

"But... It's teleporting! Teleporting! How can you be sure this will take you to Aeternus! What if it malfunctions and take us somewhere else!?"

"But everyone uses the teleport gates nya... I swear it's safe nya... We won't be able to go to the festival without going to Aeternus first nya!"

"O-okay..."

"Here, I'll hold your hand nya, will you feel better like this nya?"

"Y-Yes!"

"Then let's go nya!"

---------------------------------

"Welcome to Aeternus nya!"

"Whoa... It's so pretty... A lot different from Delta Town... Is this where you work Alice?"

"I don't spend much time in here nya, I mainly come to get quests and then I go away nya, it's a lot more fun to stay with you nya!"

"Oh! You're so cute Alice!" *hugs* "Thank you!"

*blushes* "Ah, what are you doing nya?"

*tilts head* "Hugging you?"

"Bu-bu-bu-but we're in public nya? Isn't it embarrassing nya?"

"Why would it be? I hug my parents all the time... Was I supposed to get embarrassed Alice?"

"No-no nya... Being with Aria is nice nya..."

"Then it's all good!

So, where do we go now? The festival was with the elves right?"

"Right! We need to get to the airship nya! I'll take you there nya! Let's go nya!"

"Okay! Let's go!"

We run towards the airship together nya, me in the front and Aria in the back nya, all the time while holding hands to make sure we didn't separate nya. Of course we were going on her rhythm nya, I don't want her to get too tired from overrunning nya, good thing that the airships are quite close to the teleport gates nya, so we got there in no time nya!

"We just need to get on this one nya!"

"It's big..."

"Nya! Shady guildmaster made some really big airships nya! They're really useful nya!"

"I wonder how can it even fly..."

"I don't understand either nya, it's super confusing nya, I just know it flies nya!"

"I guess it's good as long as it does fly, right?"

"Right nya! So let's hop in nya!"

"To Oakenlake! Yosh!"

"Nya!"
    ------------------------------------------------------

"We-we're flying! We're really flying!"

"We are nya! It's quite a pretty sight, isn't it nya?"

"It is! It's really pretty... To think that you can see this kind of thing whenever you get a quest... Thank you for showing me this Alice!"

"I'm glad you're having fun nya! I'm sure the festival will be a lot more fun nya!"

"Let's play tons together!"

"Nya nya!"

It didn't take long for us to reach Oakenlake nya, now we're going to play a lot nya!

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *small announcement, as of now the poem submissions are over, we'll start judging process soonish*

... Yeah, I know, I'm late by 17h, but I had to sleep and then take care of some stuff, okay?

@FuRen Try editing your post later on, you're supposed to post more than just the poem, add a bit of why or how you're participating on the contest, like how the other people participating did.

ExitedDeviljho, BlancFrost and Bielt like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for any inconsistency on the whole crafting process, the most I know is what my brother showed me of a few sword nerd things... Man at Arms or similar.

So, it's highly likely that I did something wrong on the process, but... Hikari knows nothing of crafting anyway, so she just solves her problems with magic! \(^^)/
    "What to do what to do? Why did I even decide on giving a special reward to the winner!? I have no idea on what to give! But I didn't want to give just gold as a reward!

On the first contest it was easy since I had some of the shards left with me, it was a nice reward, but what do I give now!?"

"Calm down Hikari, there is still some time until we announce the winner, so why don't you try making something for Sio in the meantime?"

"Something for... Sio-chan...? Blanc-chan! You're a life saver! I just need to make something just for her! It's a lot easier than making something that would please anyone that participated!"

"Glad to help Hikari, maybe something that she could share with Sin?"

"I bet she would love that! I'll go do that! Thanks a bunch Blanc-chan!!!!" *hugs*

I opened a rift back to my alchemy lab back at home and immediately went to the task... Huuuummm... Maybe a pair of rings? No, that is better left to when Sin-chan finally makes a proper confession... Earrings? It would be cute, but I think Sin-chan would cry... Oh, I know! Bracelets! I'll make them some bracelets! That will work out!

I never crafted any item before though... Guess there is a first for everything?

If I'm going to make bracelets... I guess the first thing I need is to get the size of their arms, right? Yosh! Let's get on to it!

I opened a rift back to the festival and searched for Sio-chan and Sin-chan's Mana signature, it didn't take long for me to find it, and as soon as I did, I flew near them straight away.

Once I was a few meters directly above them, I stopped time and got close to see them better... Uhum... Like this... Okay, I'll remember this size!

Opening a rift back home, I allowed time to flow again and started to work on it... First.. I guess I need a mold? Let's see... The bracelet should be about this size... And the other of this size... Then... I got 2 small plates of steel we had in home and tried applying Earth Magic to it, it was somewhat hard, since it isn't really Earth, but... It worked! I could shape it like the bracelets I wanted to make! Yosh!

Though I guess just bracelets wouldn't be that nice... Oh, I could add their names to it! Let's do that! Let's see... I guess I should make that part have a bit less metal then... To make the name engraved into it permanently... This is... Quite a delicate work... Ugh... Yay! Did it!

What will I make them of though? I guess... Gold? I think it fits well with them, so let's go with it!

I guess I'll need to melt it? I don't know exactly how many I'll need, so let's go with... 200 Gold Coins, should be plenty to make the whole thing, and I can just throw the rest out, right?

Okay, do it! I put my gold coins on a steel bucket and started heating its insides with Fire Magic, it wasn't getting nearly hot enough, so I had to use a reaaaally strong fire until it finally melted, good thing the steel didn't melt with it though... I should've thought of that before starting it!

Once the whole gold had melted, I used gravity magic to slowly move the bucket above the molds I had made, it was quite hard to hover it properly and to not let the whole thing spill at once, but I was able to somehow do it without messing up! Yay! A bit spilled, but nothing troublesome enough for me worry about, since the bracelets were still fine!

Waiting it cool down by itself would be too troublesome though, so I used Ice Magic to make some ice connect to the molten gold and steal the heat, without letting it get wet though...

And to make sure nothing was going to go wrong, I used Earth Magic on the Gold to try and maintain the shape it was already in... Though solid instead of liquid.

I... Think it worked out? They seem to be on the right shape by now... I think they'll like it... Can I do anything better for them though? I feel like I should do some more...

What though? Maybe an enchantment...? I don't know how to make them like Scri-chan or Mama... It... Doesn't hurt to try however? Let's try going with a simple thing...

Huuuummm... I guess a barrier? To protect the bracelet at the very least? I'm not confident enough to try and make a barrier for them, but I could at least try and make one for the bracelet... Should make it more resilient to outside attacks at least.

How to make it though... I... I don't know! Guess I'll just try making a barrier and putting it on the bracelet, with some luck, it might actually work!

I started making the barrier, I compressed it a lot to make it the exact size of the bracelet and then... I tried mixing the border between the barrier and the bracelet, to make them both cross it and become one... And... Hey, it actually worked! I can't believe it did work!

I did the same for the other bracelet and... I guess that's it? Two bracelets with the name of their loved one in it, as well as an enchantment with a small barrier to protect the bracelet from harm... Yosh! I hope they like the gift!

Finishing that, I put them on the cutest box I could find at home and made a rift that brought me back to the festival to announce the winners.

@Siostar @ExitedDeviljho @BlancFrost

Carm, shad12ow, Siostar and 3 others like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Small announcement, the raid will be closing in about 24h, you have this amount of time to post anything you still wish to on the raid thread and to complete any quests you took that were event limited that you have yet to turn in.

Remember that the quests won't be accepted if they are turned in after the event is over, so... Try hurrying it up! >.<

If anyone is missing, as usual, blame the guildmaster, I just copy-pasted his list! \(^^)/

Lady Luck likes this.
  15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    !!-ANNOUNCEMENT-!!
    OAKENLAKE FESTIVAL HAS ENDED!

Here is the reward and title for the member who has participated in the event (Sorted by name)
    REWARD EARNED :
    @Abox
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 105 Cupid's Feather ]
    @anton1234098
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 700 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Balthazzar
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 25 Cupid's Feather ]
    @BarelyEnoughToReachTheApex
    @Bielt
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 605 Cupid's Feather ]
    @BlancFrost
    @brasca123
    @Carm
    [ 2 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 105 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Chambui
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 450 Cupid's Feather ]
    @ExitedDeviljho
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 360 Cupid's Feather ]
    @FuRen
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 220 Cupid's Feather ]
    @fuzor100
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 655 Cupid's Feather ]
    @iampsyx
    [ 170 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Greater Infinity
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 200 Cupid's Feather ]
    @HOMOSENSEI
    @Jibs
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 380 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Kuma Desu
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 390 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Kroenen
    [ 200 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Lady Luck
    @nguuuquaaa
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 270 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Nurman
    @platys51
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 230 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Quaesitor
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 630 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Rosa Z
    [ 2 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 140 Cupid's Feather ]
    @seriouslynope
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 290 Cupid's Feather ]
    @shad12ow
    [ 1 Quest Completed | 380 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Siostar
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 360 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Support
    [ 170 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Totally Not A Clone
    [ 2 Quest Completed | 430 Cupid's Feather ]
    @udonsage
    @Zerith
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 1 Party Quest | 395 Cupid's Feather ]
    @Zypher
    [ 3 Quest Completed | 215 Cupid's Feather ]

TITLE EARNED AND EXTRA REWARD
    "Pancake Angels" : @BlancFrost , @Jibs , @Zerith : [1 Upper Party Quest | 100 Cupid Feather | 1 x Bag of Premium Sweet]
    "Lovely Couple" : @ExitedDeviljho , @Siostar : [1 Upper Party Quest | 100 Cupid Feather | 1 x Matching Locket Pendant]
    "Shady Item Dealer" : @Nurman : [100 Cupid Feather | 1 x Letter of Warning From The Merchant Guild]
    "Shady Storyteller" : @fuzor100 : [100 Cupid Feather | 1 x Magic Blank Book and Magic Pen]
    "Failed To Help" : @Greater Infinity : [10 Cupid Feather]

For all that have participated, I give you my thanks and let's have some more fun in the next event~!

16. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Congrats everyone! Looks fun XD

shad12ow likes this.
  17. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    B-but I didn't complete my quests in the end orz I do not deserve these feathers! >.<

Bielt and shad12ow like this.
  18. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone completed 3 questes for the most?

shad12ow likes this.
  19. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: A bit confused right now. This is the first time I've ever joined something like this. So, is this thread for posting side stories of your character?

20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: It is. Feel free to put your side story here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.