Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Quest Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYONIGIRI

KYONIGIRI Dead Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just registered as an adventurer! And taking quest 1:
    A riceball's day starts late...not because I slept in alright?! I mean, you don't eat riceballs for breakfast right? So why would I be up that early then? T-to finish my quest, you say? B-but...I'm going now, alright?! But not because you said so! So I equip my wings and transform into a magical gir--no, a fairy! What does a riceball as a fairy look like, you ask? P-pervert! Why do you need to know what I look like?! W-wait! Don't go away! I'll tell you, I'll tell you. Just kind of imagine a very pretty girl with white rice-coloured skin and red hair the colour of plums and wearing a dress the colour and texture of seaweed! Y-YOU THINK I...I would look cuter as an actual riceball? A-as if I care what you think! I only take this form so that the children in the neighbourhood stop trying to eat me!

And so, with the fairy's internal struggle with her feelings, the moonlight flower quest was never completed...however, she submitted multiple high-quality ice crystals which she got from her elder sister, an icecream fairy, freezing over Onigiri's room when she found out that that riceball fairy was still being useless. But hey, she's off to a good start, having already received 10 points!

2. Orphellia

Orphellia Origin Of Unknowns | Creation's Teacher & Mother

Reading List:
    Link
    Just get to work already!

3. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    there, you got the guild master

who needs a receptionist if you can have the guild master himself

4. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I walked into the seemingly shabby new adventurer guild and looked around whilst pulling up my hood. It seemed there are only some other new E rankers like me inside, but i wasn't planning on teaming up for my first quest so i hoped that they got the hint.
    "Huh, i better take a request quickly before these other guys take everything" i thought to myself, walking towards the quest board
    Meanwhile someone walked in with a bunch of white flowers and dropped them off at the receptionist desk.

After taking in consideration that most of the adventurers would be taking that quest since it seemed quicker and safer than the subjugation demand. I decided to take the unconventional route and choose the Slay 20x Wandering Lizzard request

i informed the receptionist of my decision and got some information about the Wandering Lizzard's habits,how they look and where to find them.
    Apparently they were a weak monster that lived in the forest and liked to sunbathe whenever it could. Oftentimes bunching up in large groups in sunny meadows.
    Also it seemed like this type of monster took care of their young (often 2-4 babies per litter) untill they were capable of hunting by themselves.
    I thanked the receptionist and went towards the forest, after only 10 minutes of silently sneaking through the forest i saw my first lizard. It was only 30 centimeters long and clearly not an adult yet so i decided to follow it to others of its kind.
    2 minutes later i was staring at a sunny meadow with 23 lizards lounging around, 8 adults and 15 young. The largest of the adults was a meter long and the rest of them averaged 75 centimeters.
    Now i may be good with a dagger, but even a musclehead rank E warrior would think twice before charging a group like that.
    I backed up a bit and for the next hour i set quite a few simple traps and snares , most of them concentrated in one area.
    I thought to myself: "Well this might be a bit much for some simple Wanderin Lizards but remember wat grandad used to say:"never underestimate even the weakest opponent. Even the strongest swordsman might slip on a rock and get stabbed by a goblin""

After sneaking back to the meadow i readied 3 throwing knives in my hand, carefully took aim at the back of the group and threw them in quick succession. Two of the knives claimed the lives of 2 lizards, but the third one moved its head just at the wrong time and my knife sailed past him. Cursing i got up and revealed myself running away, the Lizards soon followed in a stampede of anger over their fallen brethren.
    Whilst running i sometimes heard the resounding 'twang' of a snare or a trap being activated and sometimes turned around to throw some more daggers.
    10 minutes of running later i turned around and saw only a single Lizard staring at me. It was the big 1 meter one.
    "Just you and me now buddy", i said, grabbing my two daggers.
    The lizard lunged at me, taking me by surprise and managing to bite at my leg. Luckily i was wearing some leather studded pants, nevertheless those teeth were long and managed to draw some blood, though not to the point of imparing this battle.
    Quickly kicking the lizard away i readied my daggers and swiped downwards at the lizard, who just managed to jump to the left and evade getting stabbed in the back.
    i sniggered: "an eye for an eye, a leg for a leg", looking at the lizard who had lost strength in its right foreleg.
    Deciding to finish the battle quickly i jumped forward and stabbed the Lizard straight trough the head.

*1 hour later*

It had taken too long to collect the proof of subjugation from all the lizards and it was starting to get dark. It would have taken less time if i had not taken my time to skin the big lizard, but i had decided i'd make some gear from his skin as a souvenir of my first quest.
    i returned to the adventurers' guild just before nightfall, got the reward for my quest, and went to the inn to go to bed

5. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    what i need maybe wasn't the receptionist for taking in the quest..
    i need receptionist for appraising the quest result.. since
    --- Gather 10x moonlight flower (E rank) maximum rewards 5 adventurer point
    --- Slay 20x Wandering Lizzard (E rank) maximum rewards 5 adventurer point
    --- Bring me 1 Ice Crystal (E rank) maximum rewards 10 adventurer point
    5,5 and 10 is the maximum rewards available if they clear it wonderfully.. maybe can help me determining their score when handling the quest? because there is even a chance of the quest failed or the client unsatisfied with the work,,

VOLX98 and A5G_Reaper like this.
  6. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    He's the one doing the recording of the adventurers you know

We're just theee checkers of the quest results

7. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Off

I LEAVE IT TO YOU @DCLXVI-CHAN!

*Disappears*

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  8. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    mhm.. this is what i mean..
    so @DCLXVI going to help out? since we need lots of receptionist for this just in case there will be a whole lot of new adventurers..

9. SlashCrit

SlashCrit 『Young King of ♥』『Lawyer/Bartender』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just asking, who are the clients anyway? Let them judge us

10. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    what?

now, I am lost.......

more importantly

okay, I will become a receptionist

but more importantly, there is an emergency

the phantoms are coming this way

you should issue an emergency quest, wherr everyone can join forces to complete it

11. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    the client will come once a day so it will take time..
    yeay.. then start helping me checking the quest progress of everyone.. kek..
    pm me.. like user name.. and quest point..
    i don't think we're ready for this yet..

DCLXVI likes this.
  12. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, the silent lurker becomes rampage bad-ass with skills of chuck norris :D "Villan uses Windmill Kick"

13. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry i missed your post.. you need to register first at the adventurer's guild..

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    A hot bath and a hearty dinner later, I found myself floating out of the city.

I recall there's a moonlight flower fetch quest earlier, as well as wandering lizzards (I'm wondering whether that's a mistake or the name is actually like that). Technically I should be D rank but the card wasn't updated yet, and I'm bored so there's that.

It's quite a chore to walk through the forest for normal people, but I cheatily float through and skipped several hours of arduous, mosquito-ridden journey. The moonflowers was unique in sense that overexposure to sunlight kills it, so it tend to be found in forested area where the trees covered them during daytime. At night they bloom, several patches that let the light through had the twinkling signatures of the flowers marking the spot. It was quite far inbetween, but thankfully I can fly.

It took way less time than the atronach fiasco to gather all the required flowers. I had my mana pulsing every now and then, and discovered quite a few lizzards on the way. Size varying from a small cat at infancy up until as large as an alligator upon adulthood, these creatures were unique in sense that they wander in a pack instead of the usual territorial behavior. That'd make them quite a menace, since nobody like waking up to a horde of giant carnivorous reptiles surrounding their home. Since I'm already around, I'll take care of those while I'm at it.

I spread a thin aura of mana, detecting the organisms in my immediate surrounding because a "jumped on by a wandering lizzard" wasn't what I had in mind for my grave. The lizards probably had some bad feelings, but cannot pinpoint my location. Dumb creatures. I sent an elementary fireball toward the largest one I perceived, the flame burst for a second followed by an angry shriek but I doubt it did much.

I floated moderately away while the pack of lizards pursued below. The town was quite far and lugging twenty creatures that size is very taxing, so I'll have them walk most of the distance. It took longer than the departure earlier since I had to slow down and letting them catch up, while occasionally pelting fireballs at the increasingly furious lizards.

After deeming them close enough, my nine remaining buzz-saws separated and started to rotate. I sent one mana pulse and, after pinpointing the biggest twenty, rained the saws onto their center of the mass. Unlike the frost atronach these lizzards were made of flesh and blood and therefore way easier to kill. Just the initial strike instantly killed seven and the remaining two struggled momentarily until I moved the saws lodged within them and ripped something important.

The lizzards didn't caught on until my second wave of attack, in which I've nailed eighteen, before they dispersed in terror. I lazily flung the saws onto the closest two, separating them into at least three pieces each in a not-entirely-clean manner. I stretched and yawned after a mana pulse ensured that there's nothing dangerous nearby, the whole trip took less than an hour and I'll be just about in time for bed. Still, the most taxing part of the whole walk was just starting - with a wave of hand, the dead lizzards floated around me while my saws rotated rapidly to shake off the blood and bits of flesh. I felt a large burden as the weight drained my mana at a ridiculous rate, so I made haste and shot through the air as fast as I can comfortably do. The gate guards probably pissed their pants when a group of lizzards flew into the city, but that's not really my problem.

"Ten moonlight flowers, and twenty lizzards. I'm not sure which part to bring back so I just took the entire thing."

Did the receptionist's business smile cramped for a second when I dumped the corpses on the lobby..? Naaah, must be my imagination.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  15. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting for your slamdunk:D:D

VOLX98 likes this.
  16. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    VOLX98 likes this.
  17. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, hopefully my party and me can implement this :D, but our party also has ultimate spells other than the slam dunk muhahah!

18. Luxadia

Luxadia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mmmhhh, As a vaillant (former) member of the Holy Church ! I shall find the wandering lizzard !"

I took the notice to the receptionnist before going out of the town in direction of the for...

'Where is the forest?'

After walking for 1 hours in an unknown direction, i noticed that i was in the middle of a mountain

'Uuuhh.. Maybe i should go back to the town'

"No ! As a faithfull member of the Holy Church, I shall continue in this direction ! But.. It's too scary so let's go back"

After wandering for who know long i finally got back in the town

'This time i'll buy a map'

After searching for 30 minutes, i finally bought a map

'Time to go !'

With the map in hand I finally arrived in the forest where after 3 of killing and running, I finally found my last lizard , that I killed in a brave fight

While bashing it with my shield, That's when I encountered a strange adventurer who didn't know what a wandering lizard look like so I

told him and he gave me a gold coin. "Easy money"

After this i took the same road to go back town when i suddenly noticed a shiny thing on the ground

'Ah ! I know what it is ! It's a Ice crystal ! Lucky~'

When I arrived in town i gave the subjugation proof and the ice crystal to the receptionnist. 'What a cute girl she was, Gueheh'

Since I've finished my work I got back to my Inn and took a nap

VOLX98 likes this.
  19. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She didnt't answer yet, I really am waiting and hope @pukupyoo sama can become a tamer for the party :)

20. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, feel free to join sometimes, too, then we can combo with you, we have Nope34 as support and mage, but he needs a badass tank like... I don't know... .....you hahahah :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.