Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uriah was out busily questing in the Great Plains, walking along until he encountered a village under orc attack. Witnessing and watching this uproar, he slowly noticed that it was literally a massive horde consisting of Goblins, Orcs, Boar Warriors, Orc Rhino Riders while all were being led by several Orc Leaders. This troop was destroying, pillaging, and looting this village next the river, up North while it took some time for Uriah to absorb this information from atop a hill overlooking all this, he watched as an Orc Leader noticed him and lead their troops towards his direction.

"Orcs... Just great, right when I wanted to hunt for Water Slimes in order to get a present for Tarn. I can't believe I left him at the Tavern when I went out, hope he'll forgive me when I do get his present. I might as well slaughter all these creatures, they just sour my mood to complete disdain." Uriah said, in an ill-tempered mood as he took out his Liquid Leaching Bone Spear to prepare for this battle while barely getting some rest after his slime hunt.

Zek and shad12ow like this.
  2. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ________ 3rd Person POV ________​

“Lady, there’s something going on outside of the Dungeon...” Gen said with concern to a Ara, who was laid down atop one of the stone coffins in the Third Floor’s Mausoleum.

[I don’t care...]

“You haven’t ate anything… Even the pile of corpses from the last Raid are still laying at the Fourth Floor, untouched…

I think that going out now will be for your own good...”

[I don’t care...]

“Lady Eris wouldn’t approve such actions.”

Finally showing some reaction, Ara sat down, glaring at Gen.

[Don’t speak about Eris...

It’s annoying.]

“I’m sorry, but I just want your wellbeing.

At least go out and breathe some fresh air...”

Ara pursed her lips, staring silently at the kobold for a while before sighing. [I’ll send you and Grom ahead. Check the situation around. If things are bad, retreat.

We don’t know what’s going on, but a bandit attack could be a possibility.

If that’s the case, prioritize securing the people being attacked.

I’ll be staying in the back, but will soon join with the medic unit and the magic unit under Blaine.

That’s all… Happy?]

“It’s more than I could wish for.” The kobold smiled and bowed. “I’ll relay the information immediately to Grom.”

[Ah, also call Lela here. And tell Miha he is to stay behind. We need someone to guard the Dungeon while we’re out.]

“Understood!”

Gen headed out of the Mausoleum with his spear already in hands, leaving her behind in the dim place.

[What are you doing in a time like this, Eris...]

________ Gen’s POV ________​

At the doors of our home, the Dungeon, stood a rather tall goblin. Different from the rest of the goblins here, he was only a bit shorter than me, only by 10 centimeters. The figure of the 160 cm tall goblin wearing a tattered leather armor and holding the twin war axes from the eastern Tigerkin was rather imposing.

Around him stood only ten goblins, two who I immediately recognized as the twins Hatch, the archer, and Metch, the swordsman. The rest were only the veterans that were summoned with them, except Lela, the magician, and Miha, the spearman.

“It seems your preparations are done, Grom.” I commented as my steed, a silver furred wolf, approached him.

Surprisingly, although he was a man of few words, Grom answered me with a stern face. “You was the one who took long preparing.”

Chuckling, I answered as I glanced back at my own platoon. A handful of kobold riders with little to no experience in war aside from the battle at Aeternus. “It’s easier to choose your troops when you have the cream of the crop.

Oh, well...

We’ll lead the @Way, so I can’t really promise that I’ll leave foes behind for you to slay.”

“That we’ll see...”

Without wasting more time dilly dallying, I pointed my spear and stirred my mount to run off as I yelled. “Onwards!”

((Hmmm... I guess that the number of creatures is reasonable...
    I hope.))

Zek, Nurman, Way and 2 others like this.
  3. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    ----Great Plains near Askain Hamlet

Jin Vodka's follower is currently doing their quest and now trailing a Suspicious Orc that was loitering around the Hamlet.
    The group divided into two where Lavri, Presia and Sanie went to kill the 4 Orcs who was going near Hamlet. While Goel, Flyx and Bernard trail the suspicious Orc.

Lavri "We're done here..." He looked at 4 Orcs.
    Sanie "We should quickly catch up to brother and the others!"
    Presia "Right~ I worried about Flyx since he is team-up with those two idoits~"
    Lavri 'You seemed to enjoy it though.'

Before they could quickly go East where the others are. They heard a message from the Guild about the raid. Quickly a Kobold suddenly arrived and kneeled towards Lavri.

Kobold Corp member "Alpha... there are a large number of Orcs, Goblin and Boar Warriors heading to the Askian Hamlet from the South. They are going to reach the Hamlet at this rate!"
    Sanie "Everyone in the Hamlet will be endangered!"
    Presia "Oh my~ I wonder if the Goblin Thief who were stealing the crops are apart of them?"
    Lavri "Let's hurry up!" He quickly dashes towards the Hamlet location as the Kobold followed him.
    Sanie "What about Brother and the rest..?"
    Presia "Don't worry~ They can handle themselves fufufu~"

Sanie was worriedly looking to the East where her brother is but Presia and Lavri is already heading to the Hamlet. Everyone in Askian might be endangered so she decided to just pray for her brother safety.

-----MEANWHILE somewhere Northeast of Frontier Village

Goel "DAMMIT!! DAMMIT!! No one told me any about this!!!" He shouted loudly as he runs fast towards the South and in the distance is the river. Infront of him is Flyx and Bernard running ahead while behind him is a group of Boar Warriors, Orcs, and Orcs who seemed to be riding a Rhino?

Bernard "Ahahah! This is so much fun!"
    Goel "Why are you laughing!? And isn't it your fault this happened!"
    Bernard "What do you mean? I killed two Orcs!"
    Goel "And you put a damn arrow on the Boar Warrior's Snout. Because of that, he was able to call reinforcement."
    Bernard "The Snout was pretty big and asking to be hit you know! Just curiosity!"
    Goel "You Idiot! You're gonna be the death of us! Speaking of Curiosity! Why are you ahead of us Flyx!?"
    Flyx "I have already given up understanding reckless person! I'm only a weak Bard!"
    Bernard "Shouldn't we just kill them all! Plus isn't that a Rhino just fit on the Rampaging Rhino quest~?"
    Goel "Are you an idiot! We are outnumbered! Look at their numbers is five times ours! Plus that Rhino has Orc controlling it! It danger level would raise with that!"
    Flyx "Is that even a rampaging rhino..?"
    Bernard "Should we call master Vodka? He can easily deal with this groups."
    Goel "Yeah! Our Lord-- I mean master that leave on training. His already strong what did he need training for!"
    Bernard "That's why master Vodka is awesome! Always searching for improvement!"
    Goel "You're over idolize is starting to give me creeps..."

Goel clicked his tongue seeing his team up with an idiot and a weakling. He looked at the small marble with a black snake crystal in it. With this, they can contact Jin to help them. But then he notices the river as he suddenly grinned.

Bernard "I'm gonna used this marble to call master Vodka now!"
    Goel "No... Hold that thought."
    Flyx "Why...?"
    Goel "I have a planned hehehe~"
    Bernard "Alright!"
    Flyx "Sigh... we just new adventurers doing a simple quest. How did it become like this...."

OOC: Presia, Lavri and Sanie are heading at 7 while Goel, Bernard and Flyx are at 3 heading South to the River.
    Jin is currently unavailable lol.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    | Stabilizing Chaos Core 87.26%
    | Alert received from the guild
    | Opening message
    | Villages under attack in the coordinates 2, 3 and 9 of Great Plains
    | Requesting aid from all Adventurers
    | Emergency halting of Chaos Core Stabilizing at 88.88%
    | Booting up system

Swoosh...

The capsule where I was opened up as the cables started to disconnect from my spinal cord HUB. Since winter arrived from this world. I have decided to test the Chaos core to myself as a new source of power. Since I remembered Mirea using a core to power her up. I was interested in this prospect even though the danger this core will bring. I was planning to use a living core but I didn't for reasons. Mainly because I wanted to get it on another quest. Plus, not using the Chaos Core will be a waste. I planned to use it for Ezero but since I have still not had the lab needed. I have decided to test it first.... The problem is I have no one to test it.

In the end, I decided to use myself as a lab rat and to attached the Chaos core as one of my power sources. But the installation process took so long. Before I know it winter already passed by or which seems to be likely over.

Sweee! Sweeee!

Skia rotated around me excitedly as she flickered brightly. She probably miss me since. She was staring at me while my system is adjusting to the Chaos Core. But I awaken even the process is not yet completed. I'll just deal with it for now.

"Good morning Skia and to you Ezero." I light smiled at and said a good morning. Even though I can't go with Ezero, I still have Skia to accompany me. I quickly check the alert as it was an important matter that made me stopped the installation.

"Checking mission.... Orcs attacking villages in the corresponding coordinate...." I looked at the mini-map on my HUD as I went next to the window.

"Activate [Exoframe]," a black box appeared from my item box as it quickly disassembled and attached to my body. The Chaos core was visible in the centre of my chest. I only applied it temporarily on my body.

"[Booster activate]... Destination coordinates 2... Objective protect the civilians..." I looked towards the North since it is the nearest. Still, it was still far from the Aternus Adventurer Guild.

"[Activate WFBE-01]" The two crystals attached to my boots both red and green glowed. They are enhancement I added to the Exoframe. They are more improvements and this good addition to be used in this fight.

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHH!!!

The booster activated as it propelled towards the destination. Every time I start falling, I quickly used burst on my booster to continue my momentum. It still far but I hope I can arrive quickly.

5. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: 我胡三汗又回来! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:
    Missed the last raid, not this time! :blobdevil::blobdevil:

Hubo always had a strange luck, and it had only being more apparent in the recent years.

So, as the free spirit he was, he found himself at a certain, moderately sized village.

He just wanted to meet up with some friends as usual, but well…

“Damnit! And I just stepped into the farms!”

Even while uttering many curses of too many lingos, he twirled his staff to send a crushing blow towards a goblin’s skull.

This invited a bunch of more agile goblins to jump up on him, but with a grunt and a shove of his staff utilising not only his comparably stronger strength as a roughened human that knew how to use his strength properly -that manual did wonders to help him patch some crinks in his stance- and some classical mana enhancement for good measure- which he had gotten rather well at due to him tending to play with his magic a bit out of boredom, easily sent the goblins casading towards the ground.

“Just a bunch of small fry...but too many...this doesn’t seem like a minor local raid?!” The sea of green said everything. “But why would they even bother? Unless...a mass invasion? Such an invasion would meet heavy resistance, and would obvious warrant interference from the Guild...That may just explain the almost excess amount of troops...”

Now, Hubo himself was not all that sure (especially on how he reached that conclusion), but whatever, not like it didn’t matter.

He really was deciding if the Guild attracted trouble- whether due to circumstances (seriously, it was potentially the most illogical place on the world) or because the world just like screwing it over, especially considering the new a while back when he just frolicking somewhere too far away for reliable news and thus received far too delayed information on a certain attack on the city...but that was another story.

He didn’t have much time to mull more, because he was interrupted by a frantic swing from a boar warrior.

It was unrefined and even slower than the goblins from before though, so it really wasn’t hard for Hubo to just sidestep the strike, though.

“Wondering how my friends are doing though...nah, they’ll be fine.”

And with that, he stepped back to close in the range for momentum, lifting his staff to smash into the throat of the boar warrior.

He was no(t that) superhuman, but some stronger than average people were not going to stop a man that knew his way around a staff.
    ---

6. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    As the day went by uneventfully and absent of any surprises, but as though an act of fate to betray that dull scenario, the earth began to quake sending tremors that shook the surrounding. Then, accompanied by that omen, an announcement which unmistakably originated from a far-off place yet was still able to be heard clear, sounded audibly forth.

"So it seems an additional preparatory requirements need to match. I was very mistaken not to anticipate for when things go out of tangent," said by a man shrouded in an uncanny mystery, pondering of what could have transpired at their side for something such an official announcement to have been prompted.

At his sides, impaled wooden staves at the ground of varying sizes and in length, encircled him in an almost perfect circular angle. Those of which radiated a faint but somewhat vibrant tint of blue, signifying an underlying feature within that wooden exterior. However, as peculiar as it is, if laid in front of the eyes that of a magician's, it would be an auxiliary equipment used to invoke certain grade of spells.

"Thinking of it deeply is meaningless, I'm sure a shallow reason was not behind it..."

Charles, who sat in leisure, started to compose himself—planning in welcoming the advance of the invading enemies in a cold embrace.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. The Forever Distant Victory

Reading List:
    Link

“Enemy sighted!” One of my riders yelled in alert. Not too far ahead, there was a small village being surrounded by an small army of Goblins, accompanied by Boar Warriors.

Hmmm… So it wasn’t quite a bandit attack…

What are those fiends doing out here?

Unconsciously, I smiled. I didn’t need answers for those questions. “Ride to battle! Don’t leave a single one for Grom!” I yelled, knowing well that such thing was not possible.

Although they were only composed of infantry, Grom’s goblins ran like wild beasts, easily catching up even with our wolves.

Suddenly, an idea came to my mind. Surely they’ll be of good use right now, as the Lady emphasized the idea of rescuing whoever we could.

“Change of plans. Take half of the riders and tear through. Head to the village and speak with the people there. I’ll stay behind with the other half and fight.”

“Are you sure of that, Captain?”

“Just do it! And make sure to see them to safety!

Otherwise, I’ll have your head when the battle end!”

“Roger!”

We tilted our way slightly, going for a part where there were mostly Goblins. They were poorly equipped and easier to deal with than the Boar Warriors, who had quite a strong build.

“Spears up! Get in wedge formation, you mutts!” Following my orders, the rest of the kobolds aligned themselves in a triangular shape, with me being the point.

As soon as we clashed with the back of the goblins’ ranks, the rides easily cut their @Way through like a knife in the butter.

After completely passing through them, five kobolds bolted in the village’s direction, while the other five turned their steeds and accompanied me to clash the Goblins head on.

As badly equipped as they were, clashing with them head on was completely different from attacking their backs by surprise. Even more in a numerical disadvantage of gods only knows to one.

I could only hope Grom’s troops to arrive fast.

________ Metch’s POV ________​

It seems the battle already started…

I could faintly see the riders clashing with the goblins from afar and the Boar Warriors moving their ranks to deal with them.

“GURUuuGOOOAAAAA!” At the front of our group, Grom howled as he ran.

We were already running way past our limits, and were already even running all on fours to see if we can increase our speed, even if a tiny bit.

Every second counts.

As soon as we could arrive at the battlefield, we could crush with the goblins blocking the rider’s way. They were strong, but not enough to overcome what looked like a ten to one disadvantage only if counting goblins.

If we could join forces with them, though, it would make a whole world of difference.

“GURUuoGOOO!”

With a shout, Grom reached a good distance behind the enemy’s back and stood, breaking into a two legged run while pulling out his axes. The rest of the goblins, myself included, followed suit.

I hear the sound of bowstrings being released. Most likely Hatch and his other archer predicted Grom’s intentions and prepared beforehand.

Two goblins went down, with arrows pierced through their napes, but we nonchalantly brushed them off as we teared trough their lines to reach our allies.

It was a clash without any thought or strategy behind. Only a maddened march following Grom.

I could only hope we would make in time to save them.

________ Nameless Kobold POV ________​

“All of you, move, move!

Take the children and the elder first!”

I ordered the kobolds to evacuate the ones who needed for now. The women would come after.

As for the men…

“Let’s go!”

“Oooh!”

“We’ll defend our village!”

“Oooh!”

They are quite the energetic bunch, although they’re armed with farming tools...

But that matters few right now. Every helping hand is worth it.

((Heading to Village 2~))

Zek, Nurman, leegood and 2 others like this.
  8. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    ----Great Plain Area 7: Askian Hamlet
    <Presia, Lavri, and Sanie>​

Lavri quickly arrived ahead as he sees the Askian Kobolds being gathered around by his troops into leaving there houses towards the Frontier Village. Elder Schnauzer quickly noticed his arrival and slowly approached him. But he was busy talking to the Kobold corps. Schnauzer's expression was grim as looked to his fleeing family that seemed to interpose with what happened to their past.

Elder Schnauzer "It is my fault if I told about that suspicious Orc earlier then this would not happen..."
    Presia "It is not your fault Elder Schnauzer, they are also attacking the other villagers so it's a larger scale than we can imagine."
    Sanie "Don't worry Granpa, it is different now than before. We have allies that would protect us and I will also my best!"

Zinnia and Eins also arrived towards the side of the two girls as they looked alerted due to the raid. Zinnia licks her master and stayed guard conveying that she would protect Sanie. Eins only stared at the moving Kobolds interestedly.

Lavri "What is the situation..?"
    Kobold Corp Vice 'Mastiv' "We already started evacuate the Askians towards the Frontier village where the protection is higher according to master Vodka advice."
    Lavri "Good Job, keep a look at the enemies coming in the South. Kill only those you are able to and leave when it's too dangerous."
    Mastiv "Understood Alpha! We will follow your command."
    Presia "What should we do Alpha..? Are we going to go to the villagers that are being attacked?"
    Lavri "There should be someone that needs to be left behind to stop the advancement and protect the civilians here."
    Presia "Oh my~ Quite problematic indeed but I would like to go and help the villager under attack. I can't just stay still waiting~"
    Lavri "Alright... Presia you can go to the nearest village and save any civilians as you can. Sanie please escort the Askian towards the Frontier. I'll stay here and stop anyone from advancing."
    Sanie "Well you be alright Lavri..?" She worriedly asked while elder Schnauzer by her side anxious. Lavri gently smiled and patted her.
    Lavri "Don't worry, I have the kobold corps with me. And Elder Schnauzer Please rest assured, we will definitely protect everyone."
    Sanie "Okay! Plea--- please take care of yourself."
    Presia "Oh my~ oh my~ fufufu~"

Lavri nodded at Sanie remarks and looked at Presia weirdly as why she is giggling. The three quickly separated as they went on a separate mission. Sanie headed to the Frontier together with the Askian Kobolds. Presia rushed to the village 3 while Lavri went to area 7 killing enemies he encounters.

----Great Plain Area 3
    <Bernard, Flyx, and Goel>​

Goel "I can see the river!" While Goel was happily at the sight of the river. Bernard noticed a fire with his keen eyes on a village.
    Bernard "The village in the north is under attack we need to help them!"
    Goel "Leave them be! If they are under attack then our family are also endangered! Why would you care for the life of someone you don't know!?" He clicked his tongue remembering his family in the Askian Hamlet. He relocated them there cause he thought it's safe. But it didn't even that long, he already put his family life endanger due to his decision.
    Flyx "Don't say that Goel! We should help those in need!"
    Goel "A bandit, a bard, and an archer... Do you think we can do anything? Leave it to the veteran adventurers. We are just new here, no one's gonna blame us!"
    Bernard "No! I can't leave them alone! I will help them no matter what!"

Bernard quickly runs to the village as he chooses to pass the weakest part of the crowd that chasing them. He leaped and kill the Goblins he passed as he rushes to the Village.

Goel "Idiot! I don't care anymore!"
    Flyx "I'm going with Bernard... Sorry about this Goel. I understand your family is also important to you. But I can't turn a blind eye on this."
    Goel "Yeah! Just go... It's not like you have family here that you need to protect!"

Flyx quickly followed to Bernard as he lightly sighed. Goel only grits his teeth with anger He couldn't understand how these idiots will protect the life of strangers above their loved ones. He was closed to the river to execute his plan to arrive at the Askian Hamlet fast.

OOC: I haven't kill anything yet in detail yet Orz...
    Lavri at Area 7, Presia to Area 3, Sanie to Frontier, Bernard and Flyx to Area 3, Goel to Frontier

9. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plains Area ??? (1st Person POV)

Mika (Level 1 Seal, Most OP abilities deactivated)

Having sealed most of my abilities makes this fun. After all, jumping on the big ones and slaying them won't be entertaining at all.

......That was what I said, but why did it seal Spatial Magic as well?! I have no idea where I am right now!

To make it worse, the stupid seal treats Spatial Magic as a top priority, so I can only regain it past the 5th Seal! How am I supposed to use [Mapping] in this case?!

......Hah. I'll just make do with what I have now...two gauntlets, elementary magic, and my watered down stats.

Spatial Magic is sealed...Equinox...Solstice...Lunar Magic is sealed too?! The hell?

Storm Magic is greatly nerfed, and Chaos Magic is only at Rank 1...Ugh.

This is so going to eat into my mana reserves, but I've no other method of mapping out the area...|Tracing|

Let's hope I find something before this inefficient spell saps my mana dry.

10. A.I.M.E-02847

Reading List:
    Link
    | Arrive at Destination 2 Great Plain
    | Casualty Report: One house burning possible and spreading to the other adjacent house. Civilians probable to be trapped inside the building. Civilians fleeing to South near a location.
    | Threat Identified: 10 Goblins chasing the civilians, 8 Boar Warriors pillaging the houses, 1 Orc Leader in command, 3 Orc Rhinos Rider guarding a single Orc Mage.
    | Priority: Save citizens that are likely to be killed, Eliminate the Orc Mage swiftly.

BAAAAAMMMM!!!!

As landed to the destination and swiftly ran and pulled my arrow releasing it towards the Goblins killing it exactly on the head. I was still using the Compound Bow due to the lack of ammunition. The bow has an advantage as I can still use the arrow to eliminate the others. I continued releasing arrows until I killed all the Goblins

"We are Safe!"
    "An adventure has arrived to save us!"
    "Please, there are others that are still left behind."
    The civilians gather around me while in tears while some are injured.

"I'm sorry for the delay. I will do my utmost best to stop the hostiles from further destruction." I bowed to the civilians who are feeling relief but also worried. I looked at Skia and decided to use her skill. "Skia, as a wisp are able to make an illusion to turn the villagers invisible from the pursuers?"

Sweeee! Sweeee!

Skia flickered as it moved up and down as a sign of approval. During my research, I found out that Wisp can make illusion the disorients the senses of its victim. With that ability, she can keep the rescued civilians safe. The atmosphere started to get hazy which was similar to a mirage in a Dessert. Though I was able to still saw the villagers it seems the raiders didn't notice us at all.

"It will be safe if you stay near the wisp. If there is another adventurer that will lead you to safety please do quickly follow. I head to the village," I nodded lightly to the civilians and rushed at the village.

"[Cloaking On]" The Exoframe started to change as it turned nearly invisible. My movement will still expose my location but I could cover it with my speed.

In the distance, I can see Boar Warriors dragging women and children. The men that are trying to fight and save their loved ones are having difficulty.

I swiftly rushed to the nearest Boar Warrior and kick his neck sending him flying away. The others shouted alert not seeing anything. They looked around and drop the objects or beings that they are holding to.

Vroooooommm!

Out of nowhere, a Boar warrior was cut half by a chainsaw. The blood covered by suit so using the cloaking device is already useless. A chainsaw might be impractical but I'm using it as intimidation due to the noise it made.

"What the hell is that weapon!?"
    "Ruun!"
    The Boar Warriors seeing an unknown quickly ran away towards the East. As they panic, I placed the chainsaw back to my item box. I took my bow as I killed all remaining Boars with it.

"I would like to ask for your assistance in putting the fire." I looked towards the civilians in shock. But they quickly recovered there bearing and rush to the well to put the fire.

I activated all my sensor to search for any trapped civilians on the fire. " Two children 8 and 3 years old located, trapped on the second floor."

I leaped to the burning window and break the wooden wall until I saw the child. As he was holding his crying sibling.

"Don't worry it is safe now." I made my visors visible to show a gentle smile. As the child nodded, I quickly pick the two up and jump to the back of the house opposite where the civilians are.

"An adventurer... I will enjoy killing you cocky lots. Just because you guys win the last war doesn't make you safe." The Orc leader noticed me as he pointed his large sword.

"I sorry to inform but I'm not present at those events." I looked at the Orc who was grinning madly full of blood. I placed the children down and placed them behind me. My system alerted me that I meet this Orc leader during a certain quest. It would be a good way for diversion.

"I have seen you though," my helmet disabled as it shown my face. "I have no restriction applied today. So you are no longer safe."

"Ahahahah! You are that rat who hindered us and kill my minions! I'll enjoy killing you!" The Orc leader shouted as he rushed towards me blinded by anger.

"[Activate ESG-01]" The crystals in my two hand glowed yellow sending electric charges.

Zek, JinVodka, Nurman and 3 others like this.
  11. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    [Great Plains - near location 2]

Having been out in the Great Plains completing some quests whilst training her pet dragon, Rhialla felt something was wrong with the surrounding beasts. Using her innate abilities to sense the nature around her, she quickly detected a lot of movement happening in the village a few miles from her position. Wanting to halt her quests and pet training, she picked up her clumsy dragon and placed her on her shoulder.
    "Let's go see what's happening, little one."
    Ensuring that her pet was safely secure, she turned herself invisible and ran to the village; a smoke begin to rise from the buildings.

After about 5 minutes of running, Rhialla arrived at the village to see a massive group of orcs attacking the villagers, pillaging the houses and setting fire to them.
    This is bad. I wonder if the Guild knows about this...
    ...this is going to require some thinking, my pact-spirits aren't with me right now and I don't want to disturb their training...

"Keeee~!" Her pet was wondering what was going on, having never seen orcs or village raids before, and was calling out to her 'mother' to explain.

Stroking her pet's head, she told her to be quiet and to stay close to her.
    I would have preferred her not be here for this, since she's not ready for such situations yet...but I don't want to leave her on her own...

Rhialla pondered over what to do when an Orc Leader walked close by.

Well, for now, let's deal with this Orc Leader and see how the villagers are. No doubt they're in a dire situation at the moment and have little skilled fighters here.

Taking out her daggers, she silently crept up behind the Orc leader and stabbed him in the heart and head. It died almost immediately and without a sound.
    Alright, that's one problem out of the way. Now to go find and help the villagers.

Using her daggers to stealthily kill any enemies in her path, she reached a burning house and used water magic to mitigate the flames, hearing some screams for help inside. Finding a family of villagers within, she revealed herself to them and used her nature magic to ease their nerves, before explaining she was a Guild member and would guide them to safety. They quickly complied and followed her out of the house, Rhialla cast her stealth magic on them all as she led them to a safer location - killing any enemy she came across. Thinking it best to lead them to the Town Hall, she safely guided them to it.

After a few minutes of making their way stealthily to the Town Hall, Rhialla could see the doors were closed with some local soldiers fighting a number of Boar Warriors and Orc Rhino Riders, who were attempting to charge down the door. Telling the villagers to hide in an alley close by, she threw her mist knives into the heads and hearts of every single enemy in the area, before making them dissipate into a dark mist. Seeing the area had gone silent for now, she went back to the villagers and led them to the soldiers - being sure to have removed the stealth magic on them so as not to alarm them.

"Is this where the villagers are being kept safe?" She asked the soldier who seemed to be the leader.
    "Yes, it is. Were you the one who killed all of these foul creatures?" He looked around him, noting the corpses of his recent foes.
    "Yes. Can these people be let in?" She gestured to the family of villagers behind her.
    "Of course! Open the doors, we've got more people here!"
    The doors opened and the mayor came out, he spoke to the family before letting them enter the Town Hall. He then looked to Rhialla and came to the conclusion that she was the one that changed the situation here, before speaking to her:
    "I thank you for your help, Miss. I don't know what would have happened to us if you hadn't come."
    "I'm with the guild, so save the pleasantries, Sir. What's the situation here?"
    "Kwee~!"
    She couldn't be bothered wasting time with idle chit-chat, as she was aware of the danger the village was in. Her little pet making a noise, showing an oblivious happiness from being on her 'mother's' shoulders.
    Looking at the pet dragon, before turning his attention to Rhialla, he told her how within the early hours of the morning a large army led by Orcs arrived, destroying the village's defences before targeting the villagers. He had ordered the people he could reach to go to the Town Hall, where they had to then close off the entrance due to the now dead group of enemies appearing. As he explained this, all around there were sounds of battle, screams and burning houses could be heard; the foul stench of burning bodies and smoke creeping into Rhialla's nostrils.
    "Okay, I get the situation now. Go back inside the Town Hall and focus on barricading the doors. I'll set up an earth barrier around the building to reinforce it, along with setting up some defensive traps. Once I've done that, I'll start looking for more villagers."
    Nodding to all that she was saying, the Mayor then interjected:
    "Ah! Can you please stop the fires as well? Our food supplies are in our houses and the storage buildings. Without food, we won't live that long even if we do survive this."
    "Of course! I'll use some water and earth magic to stop as many fires as possible, but I will prioritise the villagers first. After all, what's the point in there being food if there's no one to eat it?" She gave a reassuring smile before leaving the Mayor to go back inside.

Once the doors had been closed, Rhialla began setting up her barrier and traps before heading back out to look for more survivors.

[Killed enemies:
    Orc Leaders - (x5)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x7)
    Boar Warriors - (x18)

Number of villagers saved - (x5)]

X

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    [In Aeternus]

Hikari saw everyone moving, they headed to the teleport gates and went to protect the people down there... And Hikari... Stayed... Stayed here.

Hikari wanted to help, Hikari wanted to do something... But Hikari was scared... Hikari was scared of messing up again... Hikari was scared of being alone again... Hikari doesn't wanna... Doesn't wanna doesn't wanna doesn't wanna... Hikari doesn't want to be hurt again!

But then... What is Hikari supposed to do? Can't Hikari really do anything? Is Hikari just supposed to watch?

Hikari saw some people looking at Hikari with disdainful eyes... They want Hikari to move... Hikari wants to move too... But Hikari can't...

Hikari was crying... Hikari didn't want this...

Hikari ran away from the guild, anywhere was fine, Hikari just wanted to be away... Hikari didn't want to think... If Hikari doesn't think, Hikari won't be hurt... Hikari will be... Hikari will be okay... Everything will be okay...

13. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    [Great Plains - Location 2 - near the Town Hall]

Having established magical traps that would only trigger on the enemies, and ensuring the villagers would be allowed through the earth barrier, Rhialla bid farewell to the soldiers guarding the building and headed to the areas filled with the most screams for help.
    "Kweeeeeee~!"
    Her pet dragon enjoyed the sensation of the wind on her face as Rhialla ran at speed to her chosen destination. Along the way, she used her mist knives to incapacitate some goblins that had started setting up ambushes on the sides of the roads, cutting off their heads with her daggers as she passed them by with great momentum.

Nearing a house that was on fire, she could hear the screams of children from within. Using land around her with her earth magic, she covered the buildings in a layer of mud, before using water magic to douse the flames. After being sure that the building was no longer blazing away, she ran inside to find the sources of the screams. After a few minutes of looking, she found 3 young children hiding in a cupboard, a few burns on their skin.

Using her nature magic to calm them down, she used some ice magic to cool the burns, before using her nature magic to encourage their skin to heal a bit. Superficial treatment, but that was because there were other people in need of help. Casting a stealth cloak on the 3 children, she instructed them on which roads to take to the Town Hall. She had preset the barrier on the Town Hall, as well as the stealth cloaks, to react with one another - dissipating the stealth magic so the soldiers would see them.

Having sent the children off, Rhialla moved onto the next burning building; dousing the fires and helping any villagers who hadn't reached the Town Hall. As she performed these tasks, she took down a few enemies as she came across them, clearing the path to the Town Hall whenever she could.

[Killed enemies total:
    Orc Leaders - (x7)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x11)
    Boar Warriors - (x24)
    Goblins - (x44)

Killed enemies this post:
    Orc Leaders - (x2)
    Orc Rhino Riders - (x4)
    Boar Warriors - (x6)
    Goblins - (x44)

Villagers saved total: (x28)
    Villagers saved this post: (x23)]
    X

14. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Great Plains - Village 3] (Liya & Nally & Ael)

As always, while Cinere was idling around, Liya couldn't bear not moving for such a long time, so he went outside, dragging with him Nally and Ael who... oddly weren't bothered, Ael was flying in the sky, circling around both of them while Nally was simply continuously jumping on one leg as she was quite bored, she didn't know what to do.

Then, suddenly, a foghorn's sound could be heard. They turned back and remembered the village they passed by nearby.
    "Ahh~! Maybe something fun ! Can we go~?" Hearing Nally, Liya sighed and nodded as Ael also went toward it but quickly, they heard this little griffin shouts.
    "Orcs ! There is Orcs ! It's a raid !"

Liya sighed and drew out his Bo Staff, he began to rub his forehead and he ran toward the village as he shouted to the Orcs and Boar he could see, if only it wasn't a group fight, he was better at fight one versus one since physical combat was his thing.
    "Come here !"

"How bothering. If only..."
    Grumbling as always, Liya simply clutched to his staff then cracked his neck as Nally simply... punched into a boar warrior's head who detached itself from the body at the contact.
    "I don't even feel surprised now..." Was it even logic to feel surprised anymore ? His brother was worst than that considering that he made Nally's body, after thinking about this, he sighed and his staff immediately went down, crushing the bones of two boar warriors in one swing, then another came which did exactly the same thing.
    "Haaa..." After doing this, Liya sighed while he looked at Ael who immediately dived from the sky and ripped a Orc Leader's neck, Ael did it quite easily actually, just a "little" bite, and it was dead due to his throat being ripped.
    "Run away !" This was why he went down so quickly, he wanted to save the villagers that were there, at the hands of the Orc Leaders that were there.

Sprinting, Nally jumped and dropkicked one of the Orc Leaders, why were they so numerous ? Honestly, he didn't know why. A bit away, there was Orcs riding on Rhinos, since they were a bit away, that was still alright. "Nally, Ael, protect those villagers, I will go attack the ones there." Liya wanted to share the tasks more efficiently so separating in two groups seemed to be fine, or was it three since Cinere also isn't there ?

"Good luck ! And come back safely !"
    While Ael was quite positive, his wings flapping as he was circling around the villagers, protecting them from the Orc Leaders' attacks. At the same time, Nally exchanged her hit with one of the Orc Leader after forcing him to relinquish on his sword, he shouldn't have.
    Her punch broke every ribs of this orc as his punches did nothing to her.
    "Alright~ take the worst please~" her voice seemed cheerful as Liya who began to run, muttering in response with a slight smile.
    "Honest as always heh." Having a sudden bursting of speed, Liya ran toward the Orc Rhinos by passing on the roofs, obviously, it won't be easy, however, attacking from above always was a good idea in his point of view.

OOC: *pokes @JinVodka *
    You have three of your characters going to Area 3 after all~

Zek, Nurman, leegood and 4 others like this.
  15. The Forever Distant Victory

Reading List:
    Link
    [Somewhere near the Village 2 location]

“How lucky of me! Having you arriving in time!” I shouted as I passed by Grom, who had arrived here with perfect timing.

The pressure his goblins exerted over the worse equipped ones was enough to give my riders the space to escape and take some breath.

Unfortunately, he just ignored me and started tearing down the goblins around him. What a dedicated fellow.

It seems my subordinate arrived safely in the village, as I could see some of the kobolds already coming through the gates.

I went to meet him, distancing myself a bit from the battlefield.

“Are the villagers safe?”

“Yes… But they are refusing to leave the village...”

“Figures…

With that many monsters around, I’d not be surprised if they were afraid...”
    I grumbled, while checking the Boar Warriors. They were already on the move and Grom’s men already clashed with them. It seems even against them those goblins still show great results. Still, I frowned at the current situation. “I’d like to reinforce that village, but I don’t think It’ll last long...”

Unless… Hmmm… She did said she would join us.

I don’t like to gamble, but it can’t be helped. “Rider, your name is?” I asked to the kobold who was holding an axe, already without his spear.

“I don’t have one.”

“I’ll name you now. Uhhh… Gon. Now, go back to the Dungeon as fast as you can. Call for reinforcements.”

“Y-yes, Captain! But what about the village?”

“We’ll hold out… Somehow.”

The rider nodded and headed off. Pointing my spear to his back, I ordered the ones who came with him. “Make a way out for him, then come back to the fight.” Not waiting for their answers, I turned my back to them and went back to the battlefield, quickly spotting and approaching Grom.

“Grom. Change of plans. We’re holding that village until reinforces come. You’re with me?”

Glancing at me for a moment, he smiled. I guess that’s a yes. I don’t think I’ll be able to get anything more from him, so let’s just roll with it.

________ Eris’ POV ________​

Hmmmm….

Hmmmmmmm…

Where is this…

Where I am?

“Ah, she’s awake~”

“She is~ She is~”

“When did she woke up?”

“Just now?”

“Just now~”

Who are you…?

“We’re no one~”

“Don’t worry about us~”

Uhh…? Okay….

Who am I, then?

“Who are you…?”

“You are you, no?”

“You’re our savior~”

“You’re the Guardian~”

I don’t quite follow…

“Nalmika was our Guardian~ She kept the forest clean~”

“But she suddenly started helping corrupting it~”

“We couldn’t do nothing~”

“Nothing~”

“So we waited~”

“And obeyed~”

“She still kept the forest, after all~”

“But after Nalmika died, there was no one~”

“No one~”

“But you~”

“But we had you, so we used you to make this tree~ So that the tree could clean the forest~”

“But the tree wouldn’t work without you, so we had you sleep here~”

“But we were worried about you, so we warded off anyone that tried to come~”

“We put them to sleep~ Just like you~”

I… see… that I can’t understand anything…

“Muuu... ”

“We explained it so well!”

Ugh… Anyway, I want to get out of here…

“You can’t!”

“No! No!”

“If you go, the tree will stop cleaning the forest!”

I don’t really care much.

“Please don’t go~”

“We have no one else~”

“And you don’t have no one else~”

I just want to breathe some fresh air…

“Hmmm… Seems fine~”

“Then we oblige~”

Ugh…. Light… it’s been a while... I think…

Let’s head out… I want to clear my head…

I can’t remember a thing right now...

Zek, Nurman, leegood and 3 others like this.
  16. A.I.M.E-02847

Reading List:
    Link
    | Location Area 2
    | Objective: Eliminate the Hostiles and save civilians
    | Electric Stun Gaunlet Activate at 20%

I swiftly dashed as the Orc leader rushed in front of me. I kept my eye out for any Orcs that might be under his command. The Orc swung his ax at me but quickly dodge and land a blow to his backside.

"[500 volts]" The gauntlet spark as intense lighting spark from it towards the Orc leader making him shrieked in pain. From his scream, several Orcs estimate to be 15 arrived looking mad at me. Some are carrying a sack that might contain food. The two that were riding that Rhinos just keeps a lookout as they protected the Orc Mage. Some quickly run towards their leader noticing their leader which was already dead as it organ burnt crisp.

The children are afraid that I could see a male civilian sneaking behind calling for the kids to follow him. It highly probable to there father which reassures to focus on this battle.

"Kill that girl!"
    Some of the Orcs rushed in my direction as they left all stuff they carried. While the others carried those where dropped and continued moving east which is likely where their base is. I quickly took my bow and aim at the Orcs approaching my location.

Swiiissshhhhh!

Five Orcs fell to the ground as their head was hit by the arrow. I pulled another arrow that was glowing bright red.

Swiiissshhhhh! BOOOMMM!
    The arrow exploded as it made an impact on an Orc killing the others in its vicinity. Some of the blood splattered everywhere making a gruesome sight. The [Burst Arrow] contains high concentrated fire crystal and gunpowder. The effect is just approximate to the theory.

Every time I saw a chance, I released the bow towards fleeing Orcs carrying the good. When I suddenly noticed an intense heat. I looked at the destination to notice a large ball of fire at the time of an Orc with a staff. The fire of ball was released after the Orc was finished talking which would be an incantation that I read from books in this world.

"Priority Eliminate Orc Mage," I activated my boosters as I rushed forward. Rather than heading to the Orc Mage. I headed to the destination of the fiery ball which is heading to the houses.

"[Activate Portable Mithril Barrier]," The shield hidden in my right arm expanded as it became a larger shield. I swiftly blocked the fireball and calculated the trajectory to throw it back to the Orc Mage. The shield grew brightly as it reacts to the fireball which might contain a bit of mana.

BOOOOOMMM!!
    The fireball hit the Orc mage but it didn't make any damage. Just on a split second, it was able to create a barrier similar to the plasma barrier that protected me.

The two Orc Rhinos Rider quickly ran towards me as I attacked them.

BAAAAM!!
    One of the Rhinos rammed into the shield but unable to make me move an inch. I quickly leaped high above them as I charge up a large amount of electricity on my free hand.

"5 million volts!" A large spark of electricity charge hit the Orc and Rhino. It didn't end as my fist fell right to head breaking his skull and crushing the rhino underneath.

I swiftly passed the Orc rhino Raider that was beside him an went to the Orc mage that was chanting another fireball. While running, I grabbed my compound bow and released red arrows.

Swissshhhhh!
    The Orc mage stopped chanting as the small heat dissipates. He quickly chanted another word that used the same when he conjured the barrier.

BOOM! BOOM!
    The arrow exploded mid-air just a few meter from the Orc Mage. It startled the Orc Mage stopping him from his chant. The arrow used was different before since it is an [Exploding Arrow]. It explodes on certain duration mid-air due to air pressure and fire crystals reaction. But it would have a greater effect with a gun.

As the Orc Mage hurried to start another chant.

BAAAMMM!!
    My fist collided with the barrier the Orc Mage erected as it protected him. The Orc Rhino Raider charged towards me.

I quickly faced it and dodged as it collided with a barrier of the Orc Mage. I took the chance and grabbed the Orc's neck sending a large amount of electricity. It quickly spread to the Rhino as they burnt into a crisp.

The Orc Mage quickly chanted fireball during that interval. The size was smaller but the number increased. It quickly flew to the location as I swiftly dodged it and trying blocked the other. I should keep the Orc Mage and stopped the start of the fire.

Zek, Clown333, Nurman and 5 others like this.
  17. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alrigh---" Leeanne stopped and looked to see Hikari (@AliceShiki ) running away from the tavern after getting frightened by something, or someone, Ieeanne then looked at the man responsible, noticing leeanne's stare, he shouted "Do I really look that scary?! why did that little girl run away when I was analyzing the people at the receptionist's desk for their reactions to this event!" He started crying loudly, and then fled in the same fashion in which Hikari did.

Leeanne looked back to cinere "Di-Did that?" Since she did not really believe her eyes. The hardened looking man had just fled crying like hikari did....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Zek, Nurman, JinVodka and 4 others like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "..." Cinere had no fitting reaction for this situation, how should he react ? He didn't know, and now, he felt conflicted, so he couldn't help but want to ask as he was scratching his head.
    "What should we do ? Go helping villagers or follow Hikari who seems... uhm... to be in need of help ?" That was how he saw the situation, sincerely, he didn't care about the hardened looking man, it was just Hikari who was worrying him.

"...that's so troubling... I don't even know how to react..." He couldn't help but complain a little as he begins eating some chocolate.

JinVodka, AliceShiki and leegood like this.
  19. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Plains Village ??? (Mika)

Thankfully, I found something before my mana emptied out. A cluster of sizable buildings.

Luckily, [Streamline] works even with the Seal, since it's a self created ability. Too bad [Mana Well] was sealed, so I could only regenerate mana naturally. It took about 1 hourin total, 30 minutes to make the trip, and 30 to restore mana.

...Although, this might have been a wasted trip. Smoke equals fire, but there was just dead silence all around.

They burnt it. Utterly decimated it. There aren't any villagers here---no, they've been burnt so cleanly that even the bones have scattered.

"Tch."

Well, I suppose that's that. It's not like I can use Resurrection Magic in this state.
    Actually, thinking about it, I hardly ever use some of the magic I learnt. Over time, it just became there.

Putting the dead to rest...I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Still, I guess I'll settle the more obvious stuff first.

[Gentle Breeze] put out the remaining embers. [Twister] pushed away any obstructions...

...Let's stop here. Why am I so concerned about this world's denizens to begin with? I'm not even from this world. I don't have the time to footle around like in the old days.

True enough, the children of my allies are growing up well, but still, they're in their infant periods. They can't fight.

My 6 Stars? High espionage abilities, weak in combat. The 12 Wolves? Only 3 are still alive...Akane left, too...Tch.

Perhaps the best thing for me to do now is to [Restart]. It's risky, but it's not like I haven't done this before.

The heart is one of the most important body parts, not only because it pumps blood, but also magic. It's an area where mana gathers.

By sealing, one limits themselves.

"Seal, Level 0."

By doing that, I had taken the bulk of my memories and relocated them elsewhere. My magic levels were all reset to null. If I wanted to learn any magic, I'll have to self study. Although, I've kept Air Magic.

Well, now that I've finished the preparations, this body...it's become nothing more than a vessel. Heh.

Well, it's not like I can finish the spell without any help. I need someone---preferably a God---to finish this.

I do know a certain goddess, though. There's always the possibility of asking her for help. Still, I hardly prayed, so let's hope the little goddess of sacrifice (@AliceShiki) can answer my prayers.

"I pray to you, Hikari. Please help me finish this spell. In return..."

Seven Layered Seal---Fuyuki should serve as a good sacrifice material. After all, Hikari did say something about sacrificing items cherished by the user. It's the physical manifestation of my former self and quite a large part of me, too, but I guess I need a fresh start.

"I sacrifice this to thee."

((Basically, Mika wants a Restart, sending her status back to the way she had begun with, and with the Seal, she can fine tune some details. She still needs help with finishing the ritual, so she needed a god. The ritual will basically nerf her, but at the same time, her consiousness is with her main body, so her current body becomes nothing more than a vessel. No substitute for Immortality, but close enough.))

20. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Let's follow Hikari? Or the villagers....Uuuu" Leeanne also was in a tough pickle, choosing to chase after hikari would mean less time spent saving people, but It's Hikari they were talking about, not just anybody off the street that they could ignore like the strange man that copied what Hikari did. "Let's go after Hikari, Then help the villagers, I don't think It would be that easy for the orcs to do much to the villages so soon."

Leeanne prepped herself, calling over mister sniffles she asked him "Mister sniffles, can you find Hikari?" "Oink, Oink oink oink oink!" "W-Wait!" Mister sniffles already started running out of the tavern after Hikari.

(@AliceShiki )

Zek, JinVodka and Naraku like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.