Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    #RA6 – B Rank – AliceShiki's Quest [0 G | Ranked Up to A Rank]

I had finally gotten my rank up quest! Yay! I'm really happy right now... I wasn't really allowed to go to the direct frontlines on raids due to my rank before... I'll be able to help Mama properly now... I'm sure she'll feel better about things if I can do this by myself... Maybe she won't worry too much like this...

Let's see... The report was about spirits roaming around Aeternus... We did get a warning about it some time ago, but we didn't have the time to pay much attention to it... Seems like the problem is getting bigger... Well, no use worrying too much about it, I guess I should do what I can to fix it now.

Something wrong with the flow of spirits in the underworld though... I wonder how to fix that... Rather... Which underworld do they come from in the first place? There are plenty of those... I guess I should take a look?

I flew to the outside of Aeternus, I used a protective layer of heat magic around me, since the city flies too high and the environment isn't controlled outside the barrier. Once I got there, I could feel the flow of spirits going wild around the city, some also went on my direction... I was better at dealing with them ever since I met Yukari-chan though.

So troublesome, the airships might have trouble if things continue like this... Well, let's try asking them first I guess.

"Excuse me, can you tell me what brought you here?"

I guess I should have expected that much... The ones that tried to bring me down talked my language though... Well, what do I do then? Maybe should I try to track the flow of Death Energy? I could see where they're coming from at the very least.

*focuses on it*

No good... I can't really track that, I'm only good at tracking Mana, and theirs isn't very prominent... I just started and I'm already at a troublesome point... Well, I suppose I can ask for a bit of help then, Shadow said that I could collect information after all...

I opened a rift in my mind to the border between life and death and tried speaking.

"Yukari-chan, are you there?"
    "Oh, did you just make telepathy on your first attempt? Good job, connecting the gaps between your mind and a particular place was a nice idea."
    "Thank you... I kinda wanted to ask-"
    "Where the spirits are coming from, right?"
    "How did Yukari-chan-"
    "I'm watching you, remember? You're a good source of entertainment."
    "Right... So, can Yukari-chan help me?"
    "I could, but... That's no fun, isn't it?"
    "But I'm at a loss here... Can't Yukari-chan give me a clue at least?"
    "Well, what happened on the last time you entered in contact with the dead?"
    "Last time? They... Tried to drag me to their world... Ah!"
    "You got it, good luck!"

She cut off the connection... Really, Yukari-chan is such a carefree goddess... To think she'd tell me to simply let myself be dragged to the world of the dead... Wouldn't that kill me though? I mean... It's what I was trying to avoid all long last time...

Huuuummmm... I need something that will keep me alive while on the realm of the dead then... Well, it's a long shot, but... Maybe I can try avoid crossing the border between life and death? Would something like this work?

I need to test it first... Huuuummm... I guess I can try avoid crossing the border between my current location and the part a bit in front of me then.

I focused my Mana on this thought and tried moving forward, my body tried moving, but something kept on stopping me.

It works! Nice! I think I can try this then!

With the method prepared, I made sure to focus my magic on stopping me from crossing the border between life and death, then I focused on the ghosts surrounding me, they seemed to be attracted somehow, but not particularly trying to drag me down like last time... Maybe they don't want to go there for some reason?

I looked to one of them and crossed the border between my mind and theirs, saying: "Take me where you come from."

The ghost seemed to understand and started dragging me with it... I wonder what made it come out here, but now it's coming back... Maybe its mind was in disarray?

In any case, it kept flying while pulling me along, until it got to... A river? Is this it? I can see tons of souls going through it... Wasn't there supposed to be a ferry bring the ghosts to the other side though?

The ghost didn't really wait until I finished thinking about it and entered, hurrying along I entered as well, which instantly made me feel my soul trying to cross over the border and become a dead one, but I kept on pouring Mana against it, keeping me on the living side of it.

Before long, we crossed the entirety of it and arrived at the world of the dead, it was a dark and cold place with rocks all around, plenty of souls were also visible in it, and I couldn't see any living beings out there... Well, that's to be expected.

Where do I go now though... I felt a force pulling me... Eh? The spirit that dragged me here?

"Is there a place you want to show me?"

I sensed some sort of confirmation coming from it. It's a start I guess.

The spirit started flying and I followed along, I could constantly feel my lifeforce being drained in here, which meant I had to use quite a lot of Mana to keep me alive... I don't think I'll have much time, I had 3 Mana potions left, and I decided to drink my first one, the recovery rate was smaller than the amount I was spending, but at least it lowered the rate it depleted... I hope it will be enough. I also started converting some Chaos Energy into Mana to try and maintain the levels high, there wasn't much Chaos on this place though, so my recovery of Chaos Energy was quite low.

After a while, we got to a place that had a... Nekomata?

Well, this was weird... That was definitely a nekomata, and I'm pretty sure she's alive... And she's carrying a... Cart full of souls? Huuummmm...

I felt the dead spirit dragging me towards her... I suppose she is the one I should talk to?

Once I got close enough, I could distinguish a few features of her better, she had red hair, a dark green dress and two black tails, she seemed to notice me as well, so I decided to start a conversation.

"Excuse me?"
    "Oh, a living being! Those are really rare in this place! What did you come here for?"
    "Well... I have been seeing some spirits on the world of the living, and the number was quite unusually high... I came here to investigate."
    "Then you came to help! Nice timing! I needed a helping hand from a while back!"
    "So... Is there something pulling them out?"
    "Yes yes! You see, I'm the manager of this hell, Orin, I usually carry the corpses from here to the furnaces where their souls will melt and reform again as a new being, causing them to be reborn on the cycle of reincarnation.

The problem is, the souls are running amok right now, they are generally attracted to me naturally, as they know I'll let them be reborn, but right now I'm having to fetch them by myself, which made my job a lot slower, I'm not handling the huge income of souls!"

"Then... Is there something disrupting the souls?"
    "Righto! You catch on fast! There were some Seraphs that fell to your world some time back, you know? They ended up falling from another plane and needed some sort of path to go through, usually this kind of thing would be done through the higher realms and what not, but they seemed to have been dragged forcefully, so they went through the easiest path to go through... And I guess you can imagine what is easier between a place that allows only the "righteous souls" and one that allows everyone, right?"
    I'm feeling tired... This is no good... I drank my second Mana Potion for now.
    "You alright?"
    "Just... Being dragged to death is... Troublesome... It's hard to keep myself in one piece."
    "Ah... I should be help with that!

There you go!"

I felt the Death Energy flowing away from me, it was still there, but... Not really trying to drag me anymore.

"What did Orin-chan do...?" *tilts head*
    "I manage this place! Stopping it from killing someone is a piece of cake!"
    "Right... I assume Orin-chan is some sort of death goddess then?"
    "Bingo! Not many beings cna handle an entire realm you know? It's quite fun, but it's a lot of work, most of them get too lazy and-"
    "I'm sorry, could Orin-chan go back to the problem with the souls?"
    "Oh, right right! I tend to lose myself at times, it's not everyday that a living being comes after all.

You see, the problem with Seraphs suddenly going through Hell, is that they are really strong Holy Beings, they have a looooooooooot of Holy Energy within them, or whatever you might want to call that. So... When they went through here, they left a ridiculously huge amount of Holy Energy all around, this is making the Souls go crazy! Crazy I tell you! They are just flying all around and when their number became too big to fit in here, they started going to the world of the living as well! It's no good I tell you! No good!"

"Isn''t Orin-chan able to do something about it though?"
    "I already am! But I can't stop handling the reincarnations! The amount that would go to the world of the living would be absolutely maddening if I did! So I only focus a small part of my force on it, making it take way too long to remove the Holy Energy!"
    "I see... Then... If I remove the leftover Holy Energy, the problem would be fixed?"
    "You can do that! That's great! I'd be really happy if you did! It would remove a huge amount of work from my plate!

It wouldn't solve everything though, the workload piled up a huge lot due to this problem, it would stop making things worse, but it wouldn't solve it."

"Huuuuuuummmm... I happen to be of a guild from the living world, we usually accept all kinds of jobs for as long as we receive the appropriate reward... We also need this problem with the dead solved, so... Maybe we can help one another?"
    "Sure sure! I can give you some things that you won't be able to find near the living and you can help me solve my problems with ghosts! I'll even allow you to gather some materials that are lying around here if you have any use for them!"
    "It seems good to me! Oh, but the people from the guild wouldn't be able to keep themselves alive in here..."
    "Not a problem! I can make a portal that will shy the Death Energy away from them for as long as they're in here! I won't be able to maintain it though, so maintenance will need to be done from your end!"
    "Seems like a deal to me! Thanks for help Orin-chan! Oh, I didn't introduce myself after all this time, I'm Hikari Shiki, pleased to meet you." *bows*
    "I'm the one that is happy Hikari-chan! You made my job a lotta easier with this! Well, I wish you the best of luck on cleansing the Holy Energy! Just follow the bright source of light up there and you'll find it!"
    "The source of... Light?"

I looked above and saw something similar to the sun... I thought it was just natural since we always had the sun out there, but I guess it's different on the dead's realm?

"Yep, that thing, just get rid of that and you're good!"
    "Orin-chan wasn't joking when you said it's a big amount... Well, I'll do my best!"
    "Hai hai! Go wild Hikari-chan!"

Flying up I got near the big sun-like thing, I was happy that it didn't seem to be much of a problem... I mean, I never dealt with this kind of energy, but I don't think it's harmful...

Getting close to it, I could see plenty of souls flying amok all around it, they seem really troubled right now...

"Poor beings... Don't worry... It will be over soon, okay? Just you wait."

I started sending my Chaos Energy towards it, I wanted to alter it from Holy Energy to Death Energy... I never dealt with any of them before, but I understood the feeling Death Energy had, so I just had to keep trying make them similar.

I heard the dead screaming.

Things went well for a while, until I ran out of Chaos Energy that is... There was just too little of it on the surroundings, making my regeneration terrible, and I had already spent some of it on replenishing Mana before.

The dead felt happy the Holy Energy was disappearing.

I could try converting my Mana to Chaos Energy, but I'm not that good at doing it, I'd lose too much on the process... Then should I try to use my Mana to get rid of the Holy Energy then?

Their sorrow was filling the parts still surrounded afflicted with the Holy Energy.

I connected the Holy Energy to the Death Energy, making the former cross over the border between it and the later... They were quite different though, so it cost tons of Mana... I drank my last Mana potion and kept on doing it though, and slowly but surely, I could see the amount of Holy Energy lowering.

Their cries grew louder

I did that over and over again, until I was basically empty on Mana, and only had enough of Chaos Energy around to keep me flying... There was still a fair amount of Holy Energy left though... Should I rest and come back later...?

They got angry as the light stopped fading.

I don't want it... I know I could... And probably should... But I don't want it... I want it to be done for. I want these souls to be able to rest already...

I flew to the center of the Holy Energy and started absorbing it, it was hurting, it was painful, but I could do it, I felt it flooding the veins that my Chaos Energy and Mana were flowing through before... I could handle it... There wasn't much left...

The souls ran wildly, they felt the energy they dreaded within me, they wanted it out, and started going through and around me...

"It's okay... It will be over soon..."

With every soul that passed through, I felt a part of me gone with it, I didn't quite understand what they were doing... Rather, what am I doing...? Should I stop? It's hurting...

They seem hurt too though... It's not nice to hurt others is there...? Is it? I don't know... What is... Wait, where is the sun? Wasn't it here just a while ago...? Where... Did it... Go...?

I fell, it was painful, it was hurting, what is happening, why am I here... I? Who am I?

I fell on something soft, it didn't hurt this time.

"Good job Hikari-chan! You really did it!"

A nekomata was holding me on her arms.

"Hikari... Chan?"
    "Yes yes! You really cleansed this entire place of the Holy Energy! You were really amazing!"
    "I am... Hikari-chan?"
    "Wait, you don't remember?"
    "I don't...? I don't know... Should I remember it?"
    "Look, you are... Hey! What the hell are you guys doing!?"

The souls fell from the skies, they hit a barrier and stopped though, why are they faling though? They seemed to fly...

"Tsk, they seem to be going against you for... What's up with all this Holy Energy within you? Did you absorb what you couldn't cleanse? Are you stupid!?"
    "I... Did that?"
    "Seriously now... I need to send you back, they will kill you if you stay here, and I'm not one that should really keep them away-"
    "I'll take her back."

A dark portal appeared and a blond woman on a purple dress came out of it... Who?

"Hey... What's up with not entering another god's domain, you wanna pick a fight old hag?"
    "She is my protegee... Well, sort of anyway, I gave her a blessing some time back, so I feel a bit responsible.

Seriously though, I knew she was hasty and somewhat stupid, but this was beyond what I expected... In any case, I take her back, you do your job, we both get happy with it, should be good enough, shouldn't it?"

"Who are...?"
    "I'm Yukari Yakumo, a goddess of boundaries, I gave you a blessing back when before you were born, she is Orin, a goddess of the dead, you just helped her out in clearing up a mess by some other godly being."
    "You both are... Goddesses...?"
    "Yeah, fine, take her old hag, I'll deal with the souls in here, with some luck I can take her memories back from them..."
    "I wouldn't count on it, but I'll leave it to you."

Yukari-sama took me in her arms and went back to the portal she came from, it was completely dark for a moment, but before I noticed, I was already in front of a wooden house in the middle of a meadow.

"Where is-"
    "My house, it would be troubling to put you in a gap for too long in your current state."
    "Yukari-sama brought me to your house? Why?"
    "I'll teach you some basics, you took only a few hours to complete your quest, and you had 5 days, I'll make use of this to not make you completely lost, some people might break down if they see you in your current state."
    "Quest? And... Which people?"
    "There you have it, it's why I need to teach you... Well, not me, I already had my fair share of dealing with children. Ran, come here."
    "You called Yukari-sama?"

A nine-tailed kitsune came from within the house, she had yellow hair and tails, and she used a white and blue robe.

"It's the human I gave a blessing to a while ago, she lost her memories and her body is full of Holy Energy, teach her some basics to avoid having Chaos go mad or something."
    "I don't unders-"
    "I'm taking a nap, ask anything you need out of Ran."

She entered the house and closed the door behind her.

"I'm sorry for the behavior of my master, she can be a bit moody at times, but I assure you she's a good person. Now, you're Hikari Shiki, right? I am Ran Yakumo, pleased to make your acquaitance."
    "I... Am?"
    "Right, memory loss... Let me start again, you're Hikari Shiki, daughter of Chaos, an avatar of nature, a world traveller and a near godhood fox-kin."
    "I... I..."
    "Don't worry, let's take our time, I can explain things to you as we go. For now, suffice to say that you have a family waiting on you, and while you can't really hide that you don't remember it, being able to recognize them at a glance would be nice, right?"
    "Uhum..."
    "Good, I'll see if I can take some pictures of them later on so as to show you, we can work through that, for now, let's try addressing the issue of Holy Energy within you, do you think you can manipulate it?"
    "Holy Energy?" *tilts head*
    "Try closing your eyes, and feel something flowing inside of you. That thing is the Holy Energy, try moving it out of yourself."
    "O-okay!"

I closed my eyes and focused... There was something there... Go... Go out!
    ... Go out!
    ... Go...

"It isn't working Ran-sama..."
    "Huuummm... I guess you were never used to handle this energy, it would be weird to be able to simply throw it away... Then, try closing your eyes again, try feeling if there is any other thing flowing, they should be pretty small and hard to detect, but you should be able to detect 2 other things."
    "How will I know it's the right thing though?"
    "Just try feeling it, if you can find anything that doesn't feel the same as the Holy Energy, you found the right thing."
    "I... I'll try!"

Closing my eyes, I tried feeling it again, but... There doesn't seem to be anything else...

"There is nothing..."
    "Huuummm... Did the Holy Energy expel what was left of the other energies then... Seems like you're in quite a bit of trouble, Hikari."

I turned around to see who was the new person, but... There was no one?

"Who was Ran-sama talking to?"

*gets hit on the head*

"To you of course, who else?"
    "But Ran-sama said... Ah! That's my name, isn't it?"
    "You already forgot? Well... I guess I can understand it, you got too much at once, and it's hard to remember what you don't use... Try referring to yourself as Hikari for now, it will help you keep it on your head."
    "I... Hikari will try!"
    "Good, you already got the idea... Hmmm, you don't seem to have any Mana or Chaos Energy within you right now, but maybe you'll be able to get them back if you put a large amount of Holy Energy away."
    "How will Hikari do that though? Hikari wasn't able to put it away last time..." *tilts head*
    "You see, the basic premise behind Holy Power, is to be the power of the gods, in reality, it's just an Energy that is easily connected with the one from deities, but the point is, you can borrow the power of a god for as long as you have an appropriate amount of Holy Energy within you.

Usually speaking, people don't have this much power though, so they make their own spells that are imitations of what the gods do... But you, you have a big pool available, so you can borrow it directly."

"Hikari should... Borrow Ran-sama's power?"
    "Right, my power is to make illusions, so try making an illusion of something on your mind."
    "How does Hikari does that though?" *tilts head*
    "Just ask."
    "Just... Ask?"
    "Just ask."
    "Then... Could Ran-sama lend her power to Hikari?"
    "Not like this... You need to tell me what you want to do with it, I'll execute what you want me to do by using your own power, so I need to understand what you wish to do when making your spell. Put a clear image on your head and they say it out loud, okay?"
    "Go-got it! Then... Please make a copy of Ran-sama for Hikari, Ran-sama."
    "Granted!"

I-Hikari felt a large amount of power disappearing, then a perfect copy of Ran-sama appeared right beside her.

"When you feel like it has been enough, just thank me in your head and wish for the power to stop flowing, and things will go back to normal."
    "Ri-right!"

Thank you very much for the help Ran-sama, it is enough already.

As Hikari said that, the copy of Ran-sama disappeared and the power within Hikari stopped disappearing.

"Good job, now try to feel it again, see if there is anything other than Holy Energy entering you, your powers should be naturally replenishing right now."
    "Hai!"

Hikari closed her eyes and focused, but...

"Hikari doesn't feel anything else coming..."
    "Is that so... This is just guesswork, but I think that the Holy Energy overtook your lines that flew Mana and Chaos Energy for itself, pushing them out and getting their place instead."
    "Is that bad?"
    "Not bad, just different, your body was already adapted to those 2 energies, and you already had enough knowledge on them to be able to cast multiple spells. With this change you are unable to use what you already learnt, but you have other options available for yourself. And since you have a really big pool available, you will probably be able to handle it somewhat."
    "Understood... Oh, if Hikari could borrow Ran-sama's power, then is Ran-sama also a goddess?"
    "Correct! I'm just a lesser goddess under Yukari-sama's guidance, but I am one for sure."
    "Hikari seems to have met lots of goddesses in a really small amount of time... Is this normal?"
    "Definitely not normal, but you shouldn't worry too much about it at the same time, unless you get the animosity of a god, meeting them is always a good thing."
    "It seems complicated... Oh, another question, if Hikari needs to ask for a god's help whenever Hikari wishes to cast a spell, does that mean Hikari can only cast when she's near a god?"
    "No no, not at all, gods are directly connected to all those that have faith in them, as long as you believe in the teachings of the god you're calling, they'll definitely hear you out no matter where you are!"
    "But... Hikari doesn't know the teachings of any gods..."
    "Then it's a good moment to start learning! You have 5 days to learn the basic teachings of all gods, decide which ones you can follow and which you don't, get all the common sense of your world back and recognize the faces of everyone you were already close with, as well as get acquainted with how you should do stuff!"
    "That-that seems like way too much, Ran-sama!"
    "Which means we don't have a moment to waste, let's go!"

Ran-sama seemed really energetic for some reason... Maybe she likes teaching people? She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house, dragged me to a room, took plenty of books from some shelves and shouted!

"Hikari-chan fighto~!"

Like this, 4 days passed in the blink of an eye, Ran-sama also brought some... Photosu? Of the people that she said are my family and friends, Ran-sama was really helpful and quite a good teacher, trying to teach Hikari a lot of things in a really small amount of time. Hikari was quite grateful to her.

At the end of the 4th day, Orin-sama came, Yukari-sama, that I hadn't seen since the first day, greeted her and talked some, they didn't let Hikari hear the conversation, but Yukari-sama told Hikari that the memories seemed to be permanently lost, something like being dissolved within the ghosts into a disordely mess, and that Orin-sama, after trying plenty of things to separate them from the souls, gave up and sent them through the cycle of reincarnation.

Hikari saw that Ran-sama seemed sad about it, but Hikari didn't particularly mind it, Hikari didn't remember what those memories were about after all... Even so, Ran-sama still felt sad for Hikari, so Hikari thought she should also feel sad... This made Hikari work extra hard, on the last of the 5 days, to learn as much as she could about the world Hikari came from.

Once the 5th day was nearing its end, Yukari-sama gave Hikari a paper and told her it's a report she should give to the guild, that it would let Hikari get to the A-rank... Hikari didn't really know the contents of it though.

After saying my goodbyes and promising Ran-sama Hikari would visit again, Hikari entered through a gap Yukari-sama opened and got to the front of a large building that seemed to be the Adventurer's Guild...

"Excuse me...? Hikari is back from her quest."

Hikari said as she delivered her report.
    The cause of the problem that made the spirits roam near Aeternus was solved.
    A friendly connection was made to one of the many realms of the dead.
    Hikari lost her memory, but she has some basic knowledge on how things should work (that was crammed on her head)
    Hikari lost her access to Mana and Chaos Energy, but she can use Holy Energy now.

A new area with new quests is now open! \(^^)/

Hell:
    [​IMG]

Quests:

Hell |#SD1|D-Ranked|Cleanse the soul of 5 dead spirits [60G | 1x Essence of the Dead]
    Hell |#SB1|B-Ranked|Cleanse the soul of 3 corrupted spirits [100 G | 1x Corrupted Essence of the Dead]

Hell |#GC1|C-Ranked|Mine 5 Death Crystal [90G | 1x Refined Death Crystal]
    Hell |#GC2|C-Ranked|Gather 10 Death Lilies [70G | 1x Death Seeds]

Hell |#ED1|D-Ranked|Send 10 Waywards spirits back to Hell [60G | 1x Spirit Affinity Potion]
    Hell |#EC1|C-Ranked|Help Maintain the Portal to the Realm of the Dead [70G | 1x Portal Fragment]

@shad12ow

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    NiQuinn, Hatchy, Quaesitor and 4 others like this.
  2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #RA6 – B Rank – Brasca123 Quest [0 G | Ranked Up to A Rank]
    ==========================================================
    "Oh! You did it! Wonderful job, Hikari! As expected of one of our upper adventurer.....You don't look so happy though? Something's wrong? Hmm...not sure? Hmm...Maybe it's the fatigue. Go rest then, you earned that. Oh, and also with this you are officially an A-Rank member of the Guild. Congratulation~! Take care now~!"
    OOC; No one knows that Hikari lost her memory, right? I just want to confirm that.

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Uhn... Hikari is thankful for the kind words... Shadow-san... Uhn..." *blushes*

"Sorry, Hikari is still unused to this... It will take a while for Hikari to accept it all."

((It's not really possible to hide it, Hikari knew everyone's name on the and had her behavior based on her memories. Right now she doesn't even know the name of everyone, so it would be kinda obvious she has something wrong with herself. So the report already noted she lost her memories.

Oh, and the blushing thing is because she was told she was married before, the thought embarrassed her.))

shad12ow likes this.
  4. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [80 G]
    Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD5|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Kobold Leader [120 G]
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [80 G]
    Great Plain|#SC2|C-Ranked|Slay 5 Hard beetles. [200 G]
    @brasca123
    PoV Shadow​

“Sir! Welcome to the Frontier Village!”

The sound of men and woman in uniform could be heard as a certain man with a very peculiar outfit exited the teleportation gate in the Frontier Village. Some gave him a salute, while other just gave a bow to him and only straightened up after he passes by them.

The man in question didn’t show an ounce of surprise at the strange treatment he gets. Dressed in his usual outfit that has a rather bleak color, he kept walking with a rather lazy step as he gave a short nod to the ones that were greeting him. It is not strange for him as he is the Guildmaster.

After him, there are three more figures walking behind him. The first is one is a masked person wearing a heavy looking trench coat. With posture that carried an aura of a soldier, he walked firmly behind the Guildmaster. Known to be a master marksman, he is Kroenen, an adventurer and also a soldier with a mysterious background.

The next figure is the biggest of the four. When the Guildmaster was being greeted, he kept tapping his metal mandible, a show of him greeting them too. His eight legs made a soft thumping sound each time they hit the ground. He is the Guildmaster’s aide sentient spider golem, Arkley.

The last of the four looked a bit out of place. The only female member of the group, she wore a black overcoat and under that coat is a dress with black as the main color scheme with a few straps here and there. On her hands, there were a lot of rings with various color that somehow strangely fitting her strange aura. With a black hat covering her blonde hair to complete her black themed outfit, she is Sentina, the Misfortune Mage.

The sight of adventurers wandering around is not a strange one in the Frontier Village. As one that holds one of the few Teleportation Gate that connected to Aeternus, the flying city that is the headquarter of The Guild, there are bound to be a lot of adventurers. But the sight of such strange composition of a team is not as common as one might think. Soldier covered from head to toe, a mage with dark outfit, and a tinkerer wearing a dark outfit followed by a large spider golem. That is more than enough to make them earn a few glances here and there.

But seemingly undisturbed by such strange glances, the group of four kept walking toward the gate of the village. As they exited the village, a few relief sigh could be heard from the onlooker. Even though they know it is a group led by the Shadow, the leader of the organization that protects the village, the group shady appearance still scared them a bit.

The group of four moved in silent while the three of them ride on top of Arkley’s large back. Kroenen was sitting but his readiness to attack at moment’s notice could be seen. Sentina, on the other hand, looks a bit bewildered as this was her first time riding on top of such strange vehicle. Ignoring their condition, Shadow instructed Arkley to keep using his presence detection device.

Not long after that, Arkley stopped. And just as he predicted, they have found a group of orcs. Judging from their equipment, they are just a raiding force sent to ‘collect’ supply and maybe capture some prey. Led by a few large orcs, their number is quite large. Even if it is just a raiding party, it is already a large party that will certainly spell trouble for any settlement they visited.

“It seems that they haven’t noticed us,” said Shadow with a low voice to his two companions. “What do you want to do?”

PoV Kroenen​

It is strange being somewhat happy given the situation he found himself in. Being marooned on a strange world of monsters and magic with slim possibility of returning home, without hope for backup, resupplies or a clear mission other than to survive for as long as he can, and though the Facility was transported with him which is a treasure trove of resources both experimental and pre-production the lack of electricity to feed the power-hungry structure severely limits its potential and usefulness. It would’ve been maddening, despair would’ve been reasonable, easy to just give up and point a gun on his head and pull the trigger yet he didn’t; in fact, Kroenen was in a good mood. After joining the organization that called itself “Adventurer’s Guild” and being thrust into a fight against a ‘Godbeast’ which he had survived intact, he learned about machines powered by the very energy that feeds what the denizens of this world calls 'magic'. He wasn’t much of a believer though and to him what these creatures are capable of can be achievable, sufficiently advance science is indistinguishable to magic and all that.

After doing a regular mission for the Guild he went back to the Facility, taking with him the magic powered gun that he was awarded for his actions against Moiran’s forces along with some insight on how to manipulate what is called ‘mana’ for his own ends courtesy by his new superiors, he pondered on the theory of it, he started his design, made proof of concepts which in turn became prototypes, now he’s working on something that is big and powerful enough to wake up the slumbering research center. Translating the flow of mana into motive force that can produce electricity and directing that mana flow in order to crystallize it to produce mana crystals and in turn batteries was the goal, he just needs resources for it. Which is why he came back to the guild to do some quests and obtain some raw materials. He has a batch centered on mining which he’s saving for later; first he needs to test his new equipment courtesy of the Facility's armories which is why he's tagging along the Guild's leader and a newer member for a quick set of missions. Gone now are the black powder guns, replaced by nitrous based cartridges, modern firearms, copious amounts and variety of grenades, tnt and plastic explosives. All up to date with a bit if tweaks to suit his needs.

First on the list is a strong candidate for the precision rifle he'll be relying heaavily on. The K-31 Rifle. Swiss made and probably the most accurate infantry rifle of its generation, straight pull action based on the Schmidt-Rubin design, free-floating barrel despite looking otherwise and chambered for the 7.5x55mn Swiss otherwise known as the GP11 cartridge which is already considered "match grade" ammo. Changes made to the already fantastic firearm is the optics, careful consideration of the mounting was important since the gun ejects on the 12 o'clock position which makes the brass bounce on the bottom of the scope mount possibly ruining zero, no chance in hell in using chargers as well since the scope sits low enough to obstruct stripper clips which forcing Kroenen to single-load or use spare magazines which he had quite a lot for reloading, improvements to the trigger simply infantry rifles are most of the time intentionally made with mushy and heavy as a means of 'soldier proofing' the firearm and a more pronouce magazine catch to facilitate speedy reloads.

He elected to get dropped off into a good sniping position, a hill covered in trees and shrubery that overlooks the position of the orc band they were tracking 500 meters away. The plan was simple, Kroenen will pick them off one by one from the distance while stragglers or anyone that might try to run away will be dealt with by the boss and the girl dressed as a witch of some sort...but only if orcs can outrun the bullet. Lying prone on the hill he readies for a shot, his position really was a good firing position because of the lack of crosswind that may push the bullet to veer off to the side in its flight, the sun being on his back and the concealment the foliage which makes him hard to pinpoint. Controlling his breathing as he picked the first unfortunate, the one mounted on a large boar and well armed for a savage before holding his breath. Kroenen take the shot and the target went down.

PoV Sentina​

While something unusual, I gradually got used to riding on the cute giant spider. But after spotting a group of orcs, the Kroenen guy told us his plan and left, sneaking off towards somewhere in order to 'snipe' the orcs, as he called it.

Now, a few minutes later, the guildmaster is also sneaking around, placing traps. Not wanting to be left behind in shadiness, I also sneak around in order to find a good place to observe the orcs and deal with those that manage to escape. Following the local fortune quickly brings me to a small depression in the floor, with a few bushes growing around it. It seems like a good place, so I lie down in it and take off my hat that faithfully protected me from the blinding sun, then smear my clothes, hair, and face, with mud and grass.

After crawling forward a bit, I can see the group of orcs. I don't know how many they are, but they are more than enough to finish both quests we took for orcs. Suddenly, a big orc riding on a boar of some sort falls down, most likely dead, and I notice that misfortune is slowly gathering in the area the orcs are at. I guess that means that those that don't escape are all going to die? Anyway, it makes casting curses a lot easier for me. Misfortune and death are the best fuel for my curses after all.

With the orcs dying one by one, they first start looking for the enemy and, after being unable to find him, start to run. And I get a bit envious. This 'sniping' sure seems convenient. Perhaps I can make a spell to recreate it later, but now I will keep as many as I can from escaping. With a lot of misfortune already in the area, it is very easy to curse all of the orcs with misfortune. It only takes a few seconds to curse all and return the area to normal fortune, but the orcs to something that looks like blobs of misfortune to me. They trip, fall down, slip, and pretty much everything that can prevent them from escaping happens, but not once saving them from Kroenen. I chuckle at their suffering. As a few orcs are about to reach a few shrubs, an explosion consumes them. Seems like the guildmaster has successfully planted some traps. So cool~!

In the end all of the orcs lie on the floor, scorched, torn apart, or with a hole somewhere in their body, obviously dead. This is what I call efficient. I stand up and put my hat on my head again, which looks strange as it is the only clean part of my clothes, then walk towards the orc corpses to make sure they all are dead. Everytime I'm not sure, I check with a hatchet. Yup, seems like they are all dead. Time to regroup, I guess? I sure hope they won't mind the dirt and blood.

PoV Shadow​

With the whole orc party annihilated, all that’s left for them is to dismantle them. While Kroenen acts as the watchmen, both Shadow and Sentina dismantled what they can get from the annihilated orcs. Usually, it would take more than just 2 people to do that. But with the usual army of mechanical spider under Shadow’s command, their job can be completed in less than a few minutes.

The three adventurers continued their job and once again traversed the dense forest of Great Plain. It was quite a bit until they found their next target. It was a group of Kobolds. Once again, due to them riding on Arkley, they failed to notice the three adventurers looking at them from the higher terrain. At first, they were about to do the same strategy. But Shadow stopped the two of them.

He gestured them to wait and see what the Kobolds were doing. As they wait, they noticed that the Kobolds were in the middle of their own task. And that was is hunting. They were stalking a group of deer. Judging from the kobolds equipment that was consisted not more than crude bow and stone spear, they are just a small hunting party.

After observing them a bit, Shadow pointed to the other side of the area. On that side, there is their next target, the rhinos. They were grazing peacefully. Location wise, they are a bit far from the kobolds. Either the kobolds stay away from them fearing their safety or the rhinos just ignored them.

Shortly after that, Shadow explained to the two that he want to make the kobolds clashed with the rhino, making their job easier. He also planned to lure a few Hard Beetles to make into a 3 direction battle. Since it will take some time to search for the beetles, Shadow volunteered to search and lure the beetles while the other two will deal with making the Kobolds and rhinos clashed. Shadow left a few blade and explosive traps for them to use in case they needed it.

Leaving the two to do their own job, Shadow moved with Arkley to the other part of the forest, searching for the hard beetles. Using Arkley’s presence detector, they finally arrived at the part of the forest where that specific kind of insects roams around. Unlike the kobolds and the rhinos, the beetles noticed his arrival and go straight attacking him.

He just smiled as he pulled out his crossbow filled with drill bolt and shot some of them. He purposefully missed half of his shot. With a few of their comrade killed, their anger increased and their attempt to kill him intensified. But that is just as he expected.

After making another volley of drill bolts, The Guildmaster pulled away from that place. Along the way, he did the same with the other group of beetles. After a few ‘visit’ to the other group, he has accumulated quite a crowd of hard beetles. Noticing that the number is sufficient for their task, he retreated to the place he has specified with his two other comrades. After that, he can enjoy the carnage and also finished them up in one sweep.

PoV Kroenen​

The rifle turned out okay as expected of Swiss quality and engineering. Though most straight-pull actions tend to have stiffer bolt manipulations due to the fact that they are trying to do two functions, that being the unlocking and opening of the bolt in one motion, but because of the fine and skilled machining done to the gun's moving parts it makes the manipulation of the bolt in the k-31 feel like buttered glass which is simply the best one could ask for in any kind of machine specially in firearms, Kroenen decided that only a few minor tweaks like putting a heavier barrel and improvement to the rifle’s harmonics would suffice.

He was on patrol duty while the boss and the witch dismantle the corpses of the targets, after that they rode on the back of the Guild master’s spider and continued the hunt. Finding the kobolds that were on the process of hunting some rhinos was quite fortunate, two birds at the same time.

Shadow decided to proceed alone leaving the witch and the soldier to deal with the target before them. Simple approach are always a better option, they have the high grounds so attack from above would be preferred. The boss plans to make the targets fight a three-way first, once the kobolds started engaging the rhino herd he’ll eventually come with the beetles on his tail. Hard targets at close range are to be expected, shotguns would be a nice idea. Kroenen now has the Winchester M12 out and loaded with slugs, being the trench model it has a 6+1 capacity, a bayonet lug which fits the M1917 bayonet and a heat shield. Instigating a stampede is an option which is why Kroenen now has separated himself from the witch girl and traversed the other side of the clearing which was where they think the kobolds will decide to take on the rhinos. Communicating that the signal for them to start killing everything in sight will be the time the stampeding rhinos crashed into the kobold encirclement, the masked soldier also suggested that her partner stick to the treetop and throw spells because both of them being in the thick of it presents the possibility of a friendly fire accident to happen. The trip was short and stealthy due to the assistance of his grapple gun. Once in position, he holstered the traversal tool on his hip and fixed the bayonet on his gun before loading a smoke rounds into the grenade launcher he has under his coat before going down from the trees a bit to finish laying the traps that will hopefully cause the rhinos to rush towards the position of the kobold hunters.

Going back to the tree line Kroenen waited until some of the herd beast was within the area of effect of the insidious trap he laid before springing it. The sudden series of explosions serves as the opening courtesy of the Bangalore torpedoes and line charges that are usually for mine, barbed wire clearing and demolition that the combat engineer has set at the edges of the clearing surrounding the targets and forcing the startled monsters to bunch up against each other while leaving an opening on one side where the boss was expected to arrive towing the third party he plans on introducing in the free-for-all. Lobbing smoke grenades add to the ensuing chaos as the clearing gets obscured with thick smoke, Kroenen charged with his slug thrower shouldered. Before plunging to the smoke he throws two fragmentation grenades and a bundle charge when a kobold hunter emerges from the fog of war clearly desperate to escape the killzone. The panicked creature thrusts its spear upon seeing the masked stranger which was parried by the shotguns muzzle end, the creature balks as the buttstock of the gun slammed his snout before its throat was crushed by a followup thrust with the gun's butt end.

War is chaos and the only way for one to have a chance of prevailing through it is embracing it. A rhino dropped as it caught an 8oz. slug thrown at throusands of feet per seconds to its lungs, three kobold warrior was crushed under the momentum of the fallen beast's attempt at retaliation. Shrapnels tear through the legs of another horned beast as another frag grenade detonates under the belly of the one beside it which killed the unfortunate instantaneously via explosive disembowelment. A kobold was paralyzed in shock after realizing that the one he stabbed with a spear was his brother that he couldn't recognize due to the thick smoke and the deafening roar of their assailant's gun and explosives, he died shortly after being crushed under the hooves of some rampaging beast. Within that chaos a man wears an expressionless face under his mask as he watches another kobold warrior choke on its own blood as he slowly sticks a bayonet through its throat.

PoV Sentina​

Letting Kroenen and Shadow do their stuff again, I pick a location to wait at based on fortune. Deciding to follow Kroenen's advice, I try to climb a tree. This is harder than I thought... ah, whatever. I use the Wu Xing star to manipulate the wood into something resembling steps and use them to climb up the rather tall tree, and start being bored. In my boredom, I start playing around a bit with the local misfortune. After an annoyingly big amount of time, they finally arrive. First Kroenen, creating lots of chaos and smoke that makes it pretty much impossible to see anything, and a bit later Shadow with a gruop of giant beetles following him. Not as cute as his spiders.

After the beetles arrive, there is even more chaos. Nothing remotely resembling a formation and lots of bloodshed and screams, with a few bangs and explosions from Shadow and Kroenen from time to time. After plugging my ears I try to find out where they are and curse the monsters as good as I can while hoping that my curses don't hit them. Curses like Bad luck. And lots of Pain Bullets. Works perfectly against the wimpy kobolds. Everytime I spot a beetle or rhino, I curse it with weaken and then toss a Negative Cataclysm on it. While it scorches them and strengthens the curse, it surprisingly doesn't kill most I hit. They really are too durable. So I cast Bad Luck Branch to finish them, which finally kills them.

After killing more kobolds, rhinos, beetles, and a few kobold leaders, I suddenly notice a rhino charging towards a kobold standing before the tree I am on. That means, towards my tree. This is bad. Wasn't this supposed to be the best tree for me to hide on? I really can't trust my fortune, damn it! I haven't finished my defensive spell yet, so being down there is too dangerous! I gotta keep that rhino from hitting my tree. Seems like my only choice is that spell I came up with. I focus on the rhine, concentrate, and cast the spell. "Beath's Chains." The negative energy and misfortune accumulated in the area gather's at the rhino's feet, and transforms into dark chains that spring up from the floor, piercing the rhino's limbs, and chaining it down to the floor. Good, it works as intended. This spell is based on the saying that 'You can't run from death'. Because one can't run from death, I can create a spell with negative energy and misfortune that can keep you from running. And kills you, because it seems to infuse negative energy and misfortune into you body. I didn't know that, but the rhino is dead now.

We keep creating more chaos and killing them until, finally, we have a small sea of corpses in the area, and a few creaturse that managed to run away. After making sure there is no enemy nearby, I carefully climb down from my tree with the help of the Wu Xing star. I quickly dismantle the corpses with Shadow and happily discover that we have killed everything we need to kill for our quests. Time to head back and hand in the quest, I'd say.
    Did this together with @shad12ow and @Kroenen

Hatchy, Carm, AliceShiki and 3 others like this.
  5. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link

Delta Town|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 100 Rats [100 G]

After successfully getting the task, I decided to immediately dive into the sewers. Is there a better place where you can find them? At least I did not know of one at that time and thus my first adventure began…

Day 1…

I smells.

Even though I don’t have a nose… Just a single look at the gallows can make me shudder. Disgusting. I thought that after I died I would not feel like that. Well, whatever. My rant aside, I found a single rat. Guess it’s the Korean MC type. I silently creep towards it, which is not really hard for me as you already know I am a ghost. Now rat, prepare! A one small step for a ghost, but a big step for a task completion!

I realized that I have no attacking skill… No matter, it is just a single rat. How hard can it be? I solidified my hand and hit it.

It missed.

Rattata dodged and proceeded to use Bite.

I was super effective!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It bit me! It seriously bit me! Pain, pain, how can a ghost feel pain?

How dare you bite me, you stupid rat?

Interlocking my gaze with the rat I used Scare. As if seeing its worst nightmare (rat trap), my opponent slowly backs away. In the mean time, I solidify my other hand and start a boxing mach.

Five minutes later…

Haaaaaaaah……… That was tiring. Wait, I can even get tired? Never mind, just 99 more to go.

Then I realised a huge problem. How the hell am I going to bring a proof of subjugation? I don’t have enough mana to use [Solidify] 24/7…

Screw it all!

Day 2…

Ok, so I figured it out. I took the item box and hid it in the sewers. Every time I get a dead rat I threw it there. Once there are 100 of them, I take it to the guild. Easy…

Day 3…

Still 82 to go… I targeted only loners. Somehow I feel that I would regret it if I attacked more of them at once. I seriously have to learn some magic.

Day 4…

Just 76 to go… This is tiring me to death.

Day 5…

72…

Day 6…

69…

Day 7…

TO HELL WITH IT ALL!!! When am I going to finish it at this rate? Furthermore, it seems those rodents are not so stupid and do not travel alone much anymore! What the **** should I do? At this rate I am going to fail the task. Screw it!

Day 8…

I found a solution. In these types of situations, the MCs usually unlock a new skill, right? I am also an MC of this story right? This is gonna work, right? Right?

Day 15…

After a week, I awoke from my mediation and found out a truth of this world.

MCs are cheats!

Day 16…

It seems that because there were not so many deaths lately, the rats are starting to be less cautious. Time to hunt again!

Day 17…

60 more to go…

Day 18…

55 more to go…

Day 19…

47 more to go…

Day 20…

MuHahaHaHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! ALL OF THE RODENTS SHALL TREMBLE BEFORE SOREMAD, THE RAT KILLER!!! MUHaHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I found out that there are five big rodents group waging territorial wars between each other. My mistake had been that I thought they had been just one group. Also, thanks to my killing, they are trying to exterminate each other even more! Now I can just finish the fights and wait for opportunities.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! The Star of MCs has finally blessed me! HaHaHaHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(Of course, I only dabble in small skirmishes)

Full of joy I take four rat heads with me to my hiding place.

WHO THE HELL HAS STOLEN MY ITEM BOX???

Day 21…

Still 100 more to go… But more importantly, where the hell is that jerk with my item box? I wish that once I find you I will scare you into oblivion!

Day 22…

Still cannot find my item box. However, I did make a progress. Progress on the path to become a true powerhouse!

Behold the new addition to my army! The one and only, the invincible Ghost Rat!

While I stand there in an awkward silence, the ghost rat is trying to eat a rotten cheese not realizing that it cannot eat anymore.

…You know about that army? Please, forget I said anything.

Day 23…

I finally managed to train five ghost rats into obeying my bidding. I could take more, but I did not do so. Why? I think my IQ is getting lower the more time I spent with them…

Seriously, don’t try to train rat ghosts, seriously don’t!

Anyway, now I need to let them scout and find out that ****** who stole my item box!

Time skip… Day 30…

After a week, my minions brought me good news. Of course I double checked it. It had already happened, that they led me to the storage room of the adventure guilt, or pointed at a B-ranked adventurer. The worst was when I entered girl’s locker room. That would not be so bad of its own, cause I am a ghost. Furthermore my form is that of a sheet. However, a priestess was currently bathing there. Furthermore, she seemed to be on bad terms with rats… Well, let’s skip the rest and just say that sewer is a really comfortable place. There is no nagging, no yelling, no Holy Light, no low altitude parachute jumping… How could I have thought of it as disgusting before? It is such a delightful place…

Day 31…

After penta checking, I found out that it really was that ******!!! The creature in question is a large fat cat! It must have smelled that rat’s corpses from the item box. It brought it to a garden of a nice clean house. It is not a bad place to stay. Nothing lavish, but comfortable and cosy. I wish I had a home like that. I wonder who is living here? Strangely I could not find that out. It seemed that the owner had vanished for the several past days. Well, that’s good for me.

Anyway, that stupid cat is there.

Rat 1 – 5, go and distract that cat.

The silly cat is trying to hurt them, but its claws just pass through. It gets more agitated because of it.

Now is my time. I could have just taken the item box, but I am incensed! Let’s screw it!

I use scare and punch it in the face.

“MEOOOOOW!!!” While letting out an agonizing shriek, the fat cat escapes.

“Hmm, what happened?!” A familiar voice can be heard.

This is bad, seriously bad.

Let’s escape.

The voice: “I smell a ghost! Holy Light!”

Screw you priestess! I curse both you and your fat cat!

Day 33…

It took whole two days to get her off my back! I am exhausted! This is torture! Let’s seriously learns some magic for next time!

While lying in sewers, I can feel my five rat companions returning. As they enter my line of sight, mana solidifies in my eyes into drops and I cry…

They brought with them my Item Box. I am sorry I have ever doubted you!

Day 38…

The Item Box still had the rats, so I luckily did not need to start over. After 5 more days (thanks to the scouting abilities of the five rat ghosts I got faster) I finally finished the task. And so I brought my report along with the proof of subjugation to the Adventure Guild.

@brasca123

Note: Obtained 5 Rat Ghosts

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [80 G]
    Great Plain|#SC2|C-Ranked|Slay 5 Hard beetles. [200 G]
    =====================
    Uhn... Welcome back to the three of you! Hikari is happy you are still safe and sound!

Uhn... Let's see... What were the directives again...? Ah! Right! No overkilling! Hikari thinks it's okay to kill some extra orcs, but what's up with killing dozens of rhinos and beetles when you were asked to kill 8 and 5!? Bad guildmaster! Bad witch! Bad masked guy! No rewards to any of you! Hikari is disappointed! Hmph!

... No wait, no rewards is also bad, isn't it...? Then smaller rewards for you! The reward will be of 420G for each... No, no, that's wrong, to split between the 3 of you!

Be more responsible next time! Hikari isn't happy with your results!

(( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What's up with that Shadow? I feel like I'm reducing your rewards on almost every quest! Do you wish to become Rea-chan v2.0 or something? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ))

Quaesitor, shad12ow and A5G_Reaper like this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I forgot to tag @shad12ow and @Kroenen ))

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 100 Rats [100 G]
    ======================
    Welcome back... Uhn... Hikari is still having trouble memorizing everyone's names, even if you just joined... Sorry, I will remember it next time... *peeks at the guild card*

Right, Sore... Soremado... Soremedo... Sore-kun! Nice to see Sore-kun is doing well! Or... As well as it's possible as a ghost...

Uhn... Seems like killing rats is tougher than Hikari thought, Sore-kun surely had it rough... Be careful with priestess and good job clearing the quest though!

Sore-kun's reward will be of 100G!

Take care now! Good luck on future quests!

9. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut

10. Andyman301

Andyman301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came back to the guild hall after a while of familiarizing myself with the upgrade to my blessing. I checked the quest board like I always do, to see if there was anything that interested me.

I ended up seeing an E-ranked and D-ranked quest that corresponded well, kobold slaying. I could complete two quests by killing 15 kobolds and 3 of their leaders. I decided that this didn’t seem too threatening but would still be challenging enough to actually test out the extending ability I had recently acquired, in live combat. I signed up for the quests and headed out, into the great plains.

I left the floating city, heading east into the open plains. It was near the bend of the river where I noticed a camp of kobolds in the distance from a hill. I saw a group of six kobolds patrolling the border of their camp. From what I could see, there were about eight more kobolds inside of the camp, though I couldn’t count how many were in the tents.

As I approached the group of patrollers, I saw that they were mostly armed with short swords and bucklers. In the back of the formation was a kobold that held a short spear with a few more on it’s back. They were probably javelins, so I knew I had to watch for ranged attacks when I fought them.

Soon after I made my examination, the kobolds noticed me. The one in front, who I assumed was the leader, said something which I was too far away to hear or understand. This signaled the squad to charge at me. The one with the spears approached faster and moved towards higher ground to get a better angle to throw.

There didn’t seem to be any plants other than grass around, except for a few trees that were closer to the camp, which were out of range. This limited my ability to use magic. I tripped the charging kobolds by extending the grass around their feet and wrapping it in layers up their legs to keep them immobilized for a while.

Now that the foot soldiers were temporarily stuck, I unsheathed my claymore and ran towards the javelin wielding kobold. Before I could get to it, the kobold had already gotten up and thrown it’s first of five javelins. The kobold was still off balance from standing up, so the spear missed without having to dodge. After ‘avoiding’ the javelin, the kobold was within my reach. I slashed through his left shoulder, cutting halfway through before I kicked the kobold away.

It was around this time when the other kobolds freed themselves from their grassy bindings. They spread out in an attempt to flank me. The leader charged from the front, while two flanked from the left and the other two came from my right. I decided to target the two on the right first.

The closer of the two kobolds thrusted his sword towards me. I knocked his sword out of the way with a parry from my claymore. I made a slash which decapitated the kobold I was fighting and it chopped halfway into the skull of the other kobold. As I pulled out my sword, the leader said something in an unintelligible language. I looked over and the kobolds were retreating.

I set my sword down and created a thick wall of woven grass to block their path. It was created so fast that the kobolds ran into it, getting knocked onto their tails. The wall was like a green hay bale that was rooted into the ground, so it was naturally somewhat sturdy. The kobolds were stuck against a wall, so their leader directed them to stand and fight.

I picked my claymore back up and sheathed it before grabbing my staff. I shaped my staff into a massive hammer and used my magic to knock over the grass wall, while rising other, shorter walls on the sides. This left the kobolds with no option other than charging me head on.

I swung my hammer-shaped staff down, crushing a kobold. The hammer was light because, even though it was so large, it’s weight wasn’t any different from the staff it was created from. Swinging this hammer made me think that I should replace my staff with a twig for efficiency’s sake. Of course, there is a limit to the size I can go, so a twig wouldn’t be able to make a hammer this large. Though, carrying a pouch of wood chips could be useful.

The leader and only one was left, so I shaped my staff into a javelin and threw it into the kobold that wasn’t the leader. It pierced his heart. It was a lucky throw. I heard that kobolds chose their leaders based on their skill. I saved the leader for last so I can get a feel for how their leaders fight differently, if at all.

I leader held his buckler in a defensive position and began to advance slowly, as I pulled the strap on my scabbard to unsheath my claymore. We both advanced forward until I swung my claymore towards the kobold’s shoulder. He quickly moved his buckler into the path of my claymore. I kicked the ground to dodge his follow up sword slash.

I chopped his leg off before he could back off from his slash. When he fell over, I planted the blade of my sword into the ground and wrapped his body in grass, immobilizing him. I picked my sword and stabbed it into his chest and left him to bleed out under the blanket of long grass. Afterwards, I picked up my spear-staff and condensed it into a hard and heavy twig, which I fastened to my belt.

That was five down and one leader down. I headed towards their camp, which seemed to be preparing to build a small village. I was ready to take down the remaining two leaders and ten subordinates.
    I had no darkness to rely on, so the red and green pattern on my cloak would make stealth inside of the camp impossible. Lucky for me, there were a few trees surrounding the camp, so I felt more secure than before.

Five of the kobolds in the camp seemed to building something from wood. It was probably going to be the first part of a new village, though it was a recently started construction process. There was a sixth in the center, who was directing the rest of the five to do their construction jobs. I could see another three kobolds in the camp. I could only hope that the rest that I needed to kill were inside of the tents.

I really wanted to get this part over with, as I dragged the previous fight on for too long. Due to my impatience, I ran up to a support beam on the building the kobolds were working on. This gave me control of the whole construction site. The four support beams sharpened and changed from being straight and immobile, to being like wooden tentacles that creak as they move.

The support beams quickly impaled the five worker kobolds, one of which impaled two. A couple of them screamed, probably to their leader, as they died. They leader grabbed his sword and was about to pick up his shield. Before he could get to it, I pulled the twig from my pocket and reshaped it into a spear. I then extended it to stab him in the eye, killing him instantly.

Though the support beams were no longer ‘alive,’ they planted themselves into the ground, so they wouldn’t fall. It looked kind of ominous. If it was dark, raining and there was lightning and I didn’t create it, I might’ve thought it was the result of some dark magic.

I looked over towards the camp and once again, six kobolds charged me. The one in front was clearly the leader, as he was yelling out commands to the other five. I retracted my spear to pull it from the corpse of the last leader. I broke a chip of of the building that they were constructing and turned it into a shield. From the left, a group of kobolds was already attacking, luckily I made that shield. I extended a spike from my shield, stabbing one of the kobolds.

I reshaped my spear into an arming sword. It isn’t as sharp as my claymore, but it is still sharp enough to get the job done. Also, since it isn’t as large as the staff originally was, it is condensed to be just as hard as metal. It also would allow me to continue using magic, while wielding a sword.

I pulled the shield spike from the kobold and jabbed the other with it. I retracted the spike and faced the remaining four kobolds. They were cautious from the beginning, which caused them to flank me, but now they were advancing more slowly. The leader and one were on the left, while the other to were coming from my right. I decided to wait for them to advance.

Once the kobolds arrived, I elected to take on the ones on the right. I decided to take this course of action as they were coming from my open side. Whereas, my left hand was holding a shield, so I could afford to be less cautious on that side.

I trust the sword into the scaly face of one of the kobolds. I pierced his nostril, which killed him. I quickly pulled the sword out of the kobolds nose to parry an attack from the other kobold on that side. At the same time, I had to make adjustments to the placement of my shield to block the attacks of the two kobolds on my left side.

After my parry, I followed up with another swing, which chopped off the left arm of the kobold. The kobold retreated, giving me time to extend a spike from the shield, impaling the leader on my left. This left one kobold on my left and one injured kobold on my right. The one armed kobold made another charge, which I easily parried the attack from, while knocking the sword from his grip. I thrust my sword into his heart, causing an instant fatality.

The last kobold decided to retreat, as winning this battle was impossible for him. Before he could get anywhere, he tripped over grass that I wrapped around his foot. I walked over the grounded kobold and caused him to join his brothers. I dropped the shield and turned my wooden arming sword back into a staff.
    The battle was over, so I dragged the corpses of the kobolds both in and surrounding the camp to a single tent and threw them in. I removed a good amount of blood and bone from one of the kobolds and turned it into a paste using a mortar and pestle created from twigs I found on the ground.

I spread the paste in two circles around the tent which were filled with patterns of intertwined circles and a language only spoken by the druids of the Dark Wood. I then set fire to the tent and chanted in that same language, waiting to see if I get another reaction from the goddess.

As I chanted, I heard a thunderous bark. I didn’t stop to investigate because I needed to complete the ritual without stopping, or else I would fail for sure.

The tent collapsed onto the bodies and the smoke once again turned into the face of the same redheaded goddess who has been supporting me.

“Once again, you go overboard on the sacrifices, Crisdain.”

She sighed. Apparently she was satisfied, yet annoyed at the same time. It confused me a little.

“Too much is better than too little, right?”

I responded in a way that seemed almost too over familiar, but she didn’t seem to mind it.

“Anyway, I’m not going to sugar coat it this time. Your blessing this time will be the ability to be allied with natural beasts and take them as familiars.”

I was excited. I once again got another highly useful power. This time, it wasn’t an addition to my previous power, it was a new power.

“Use it wisely.”

She once again vanished from the smoke without any sort of farewell. I once again heard a loud bark. I looked behind myself and saw a kobold. I pulled out my condensed staff and extended it. Before I could do anything, there was a third bark. The kobold collapsed with a look of dread in it’s eyes. I huge, dark green dog pounced onto the kobold and tore it to shreds.

The dog then turned it’s head to me. As the dog growled and slowly advanced, I held my hand forward and attempted to calm it.

“Calm down, I’m not your enemy.”

As soon as I said this, the dog then stopped growling and stopped moving.

“Can we be friends?”

I asked this calmly, as I saw it calm down. The dog replied by wagging it’s braided tail and nodding it’s head.

“Do you have a name?”

I asked this right away, because I would have to call it something. It responded by stopping the tail wagging and shaking it’s head side to side.

“Can I call you Seth?”

I thought this seemed like a good name for him. He seemingly agreed because he wagged his tail again and shook his head.

“Come with me, then.”

He barked in a fashion that was much quieter than before, probably in agreement. We then headed west. Back towards The Floating City of Aeternus, where we would turn in this quest.
    Seth is a Cù Sìth (pronounced Ku See), which is a dark green dog that is the size of a bull in Scottish Folklore. It is said that if you hear it’s bark three times before you get to safety, then you would die from terror. Apparently, it’s bark could be heard for miles. Since, it’s one of my favorite mythical creatures, I decided to include it as my familiar

I have returned @brasca123

OOC:Sorry for the delay

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ==================================
    We-welcome back uhn... *checks the name written on the report* Cris-san!

The job seems to have been well done, Hikari is happy that things went well! Just... Be careful with overdoing it on the sacrifices Cris-san, gods usually like things on the right amount, not too big nor too little... At least it's what Ran-sama told me a few days ago...

Hikari is also happy to know Cris-san got a familiar for himself! Make sure to take good care of Seth-kun!

Cris-san's reward will be of 200G!

Take care now!

((No problems, take your time, some people have some quests for months! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If anything, I'd just nitpick that you wrote "Kobold Skouts" and "Kobold Kamp" on the spoilers, instead of "Scouts" and "Camp", but it's just a minor nitpick.))

Myriadfold likes this.
  12. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE6|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [80 G]

Walking out of the Guild I stared at the list of Quests in my hands. They seemed rather simple enough and didn't appear to be very difficult. Nevertheless failure to prepare was preparation to fail! Currently I only had a stock of Two Daggers and a short Sword. They would certainly serve me well enough since I was only going to kill a few mobs, but I would much rather expand my array of weaponry. Get more options if you know what I mean?

I took mental note that I had only been in this town for a day and was already having conversation with myself. I would certainly be insane before the week was out.

I spent the first few hours purchasing a few more daggers along with an almost rotten wooden bow, and some equally Shabby looking arrows. What can I say? I was dirt poor, orz. Truly a tragedy....

But, putting those thoughts aside, it was about time I left. I figured I'd have everything I needed for an expedition to the Great Plains. Checking inventory one more time before my departure left me with a total of;

• 2 short swords, One sheathed at my things and the other hidden within my Coat.
    • 6 Small Daggers, good enough for throwing but not exactly 'Projectile Weaponry'.
    • A bow, and Quiver (12 Arrows) of Shitty Sub-par quality.

I nodded in approval while testing the bow a few times just to ensure it wouldn't snap in half after the first arrow or something.

Finally, it was time to depart.
    Fortunately, I managed to hitch a ride with a Caravan that had to pass through the Great Plain on their journey. It was rather bumpy but beggars can't be choosers ya know. So as I stood there taking in the vast expanse of green, and the pain from my rather sore rump , I spotted a Slime not too far off. I quickly confirmed it as one of the species I was supposed to eliminate and headed of in it's direction.

My stride was long, my feathers ruffling, and my tail streaming, the slime was before me within but a few moments!

My gloved hands reach towards my blade and with a piercing ring, the sharpened metal stick was sent slicing through the air. The blade cut through the slime like adamantium through a sponge. The slime provided a whooping 0 N of resistance, which swiftly resulted in my flying right past it, losing my balance, and then tripping over a errant root. I was sent sprawling as I tumbled over the plains.

In hindsight I had clearly applied far too much force for an opponent of such feeble ..... consistency. To add insult to injury the slime merely wobbled twice as the fluid displaced by the slash was quickly replaced. As I gaped in half anger, and half embarrassment, my eyes took notice of an object which floated freely within the gelatinous slime. It was round and emitted faint pulses of light. I suspected it to be the slime's core, and maybe, just maybe, without my previous haste I could have noticed it much sooner and not made such a blunder. I coughed lightly as I flushed, and with a quick flash of metal the core was shattered.

For the sake of maintaining my dignity, this particular incident would need to be omitted from the guild's report. Quickly scanning the area I confirmed the presence, or lack thereof, of witnesses. Patting down a few stray feathers, and dusting off my clothing, I quickly fled the scene and hastily took care of the remaining 19 Slimes. All the while muttering to myself;

"what the guild doesn't know can't hurt it..."

My next endeavor required the slaying of 10 Goblins. They were arguably even weaker than the slimes and posed no trouble at all. Upon encountering one, or even a group, I would let my daggers fly. Under the control of my [Grand Puppeteer] they unerringly lodged themselves into the throats of numerous pitiful targets. The most difficult part came after the kill where I had to retrieve my blade. They were now defiled by rather sickening amounts of goblin blood. Whether in terms of smell or appearance goblin blood left much to be desired. I would have certainly thrown them away had they not been the only weapons I had..... the life of an adventure was rough indeed....

I mentally noted to order blood slick resistant blades when I had enough money.

My search continued on, the next unfortunate victims would be the Orc. There large, imposing bodies and great strength were only terrifying for those who had to encounter them at close range. At a distance of 50 ft they faced a fate much like their smaller counterparts the goblins. Most things tended to die once a Dagger was lodged 3-5 inches into their throats. Despite the kill being practically on the same difficulty as goblins retrieving my daggers took far more effort. On a few occasions the Orcs would even fall forwards burying my precious daggers beneath their still warm corpses. Needless to say getting my daggers back, delayed me for quite some time.

By the time I had finished the sun was already sinking beyond the horizon. In fact, I was also rather hungry... Alas, food was certainly not one of the things I had packed before coming out here. I sighed as I looked over my list of targets, Boar Warriors, Kobolds, and Wandering Rabbits. If push came to shove I could always try to eat one of them monsters...

My stomach churned uneasily at the thought of each a Boar Warrior, god-forbid an Orc or Goblin. There was really only one choice in the end. Replacing my daggers with the Shabby bow I had bought, I went hunting for wabbits! If hearsay was anything to go by they'd taste just like chicken! [Grand Puppeteer] easily made me an expert Marksman at a range of 50 ft. For the sake of my dinner these wabbits would have to take a trip to the other side. I quickly swept through the forest reaping the lives of any wabbit that crossed my path. Their sacrifice would be well appreciated, and their deaths were naturally for the Noble cause of feeding me! Could there be any Nobler way for a rabbit to die?

Setting up an impromptu camp, I set about roasting my wabbits over an open fire. I planned on make slow roast rabbit, seasoned with herbs and complimented with whatever edible berries I could find. As they say, Man proposes and Heaven disposes. My real abilities were far from the culinary mastery I had in mind, and my wabbit was soon on fire.

Long story short, Charred rabbit is indeed still edible.

As Day 2 rose on my quest, I awoke atop the tree branch I had perched in for the night. Fortunately I hadn't been attacked in my sleep. It would be a rather pitiful way to die after all...

The kobolds were no different the goblins, or orcs. Once a knife was lodged deep enough into it's neck it could do naught but await death. While i strolled about the plains wantonly slaughtering my targets I reminisced of the days my Father taught me how to hunt. His words still echoed in my mind to this day;

"Always remember Imperia, when hunting or fighting, it's most effective to go for the Neck! But if it's Male go for the crotch, then the neck!"

I happily recalled his haughty laughter. I was sure he'd be proud!

As my finally Quarry for the day was in sight I strolled forth in a relaxed manner. Boar warriors were indeed much more troublesome than orcs. They stubbornly struggled even after a dagger had found it's way into their throats. On quite a few occasions I was almost flattened by a wild swing or desperate assault. They were much too close for comfort, but besides that they posed no more difficulty.

With my list of targets completed I could now return to the guild and collect my rewards. Hopefully I could quickly advance to the next rank and obtain more interesting quests. These mob characters were far too boring.

I merrily skipped, danced and sung my way across the Great Plains, all the while heading in the direction I presumed to be town. However the Great Plains were not to be trifled with, and a protruding root once again sent me flying. I came to a halt with a not-so-quick tumble and eventual landing into a grimy pond. I propped myself up with my hands, and my face flushed crimson. Tears gathered in my eyes, and humiliation raged within my heart. My violet eyes flashed with resentment as I glared at the vast expense of land before me.

No One Make A Fool of Imperia Amethystria Wysteria and Gets Away With it!

I vowed my vengeance!

Upon returning to the guild I was rather disheveled, as grime from the pond polluted my once brilliant feathers. I had obtained a few scratches not from fighting monsters but instead by tripping over a stray root...

As I made my way to the Receptionists desk I seethed in anger, but felt rather satisfied with my revenge. From the surrounding adventurers I could hear news of the blazing fire of completely unknown origin that had erupted on the Great Plains. I held my head down to hide the satisfied smirk plastered across my lips.

That'll teach you to mess with me~!

Note to self: Despite assuming it would take at least a week, observations have shown that I've already gone insane after exacting revenge on inanimate objects.

Not that it matters....

Notes:
    Nothing of Particular Interest occurred.....

Standing before the receptionist, I now had the feeling that maybe I should have fixed my hair, and hid the evidence of my arsony. The tips of my gloves were smudged with the soot from setting the Plains ablaze. However, I was sure I could BS some excuse if she asked.....

@brasca123

Hatchy likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ==========================================================
    "Wa-wah!? I-Imperia-san? Are you alright? Did something happen!? Imperia-san seems to have gone through a pretty tough time!" >.<

"Eh? No, not really? Let Hikari check the report then... Really... Nothing about getting in trouble... Hikari is confused... Did Imperia-san get caught in the fire that happened recently then? Hikari was so worried about it! Hikari is glad Imperia-san could come out mostly unscathed!

Oh! The reward, right! Imperia-san will get 430G for your efforts!

Take care now! Hikari wishes good luck on Imperia-san's future quests!" ^^)/

kyuukestu likes this.
  14. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    I salute the Receptionist before heading off towards the Taverns. I'm rather exhausted after my first mission, so I'll be lazy for a while.

15. kreid21

kreid21 New Member

Reading List:
    Link

solo

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Please put your guild card on your signature and post this again on the Quest Board.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link

There were lots of people names to remember, too many faces as well, Hikari was having a hard time going through it all... Uhn... The Cat was Yo... It wasn't Yo-kun, there is something missing... The witch... Tin... Tina-san? I think... The knight was... Rald-kun...?

*sighs*

Hikari thinks it will take a while to remember all that... Well, not much that Hikari can do about it... Let's try focusing on the quest at hand instead...

Hikari seems to have a pretty high rank on the guild already, but Hikari doesn't feel confident enough to take the dangerous quests, so Hikari took the ones meant for low-rankers instead, to get used to her magic and how to handle it.

Ran-sama told Hikari that there were teleport gates on the guild, after asking around for a bit Hikari found out where they were and went to the Frontier Village.

Now... How should Hikari find the monsters...? Hikari doesn't have any tracking skills... Oh, right! Hikari can try with magic!

Moving herself to the border of the village, Hikari moved her hand to her mouth and bit her finger.

"Iitai... It wasn't strong enough though..."

*bites with more strength*

"Kyah!
    ... It... Started bleeding at least..."

Letting the blood flow on the ground, Hikari started chanting.

"Oh goddess of fate, hear my call, accept this sacrifice in blood and grant me thy blessing, let the wheels of destiny move, make my path clash with those that thy servant wishes to find. This my prayer, this is my will, let thy will be done, and let fate always guide our steps."

While Hikari chanted, the blood started flowing faster, and the pain of the wound increased, once Hikari was done though, the blood and the pain disappeared, and the wound closed. Hikari felt some of her Holy Energy disappearing and her body was pulled by a force.

"Thank you Remilia-sama, Hikari will work hard!"

Following the force that was pulling her, Hikari kept on moving, and before long, Hikari found a group of Kobolds fighting against another of Kobolds, there should be around 20 of each with 3 or 4 giving orders on both groups...

Then... Hikari needs to kill those... Right...?

It's scary... Hikari doesn't want to hurt them... But they are hurting each other, they will die either way, but Hikari doesn't want to... Hikari doesn't want to see them die... Won't them become sad when they become souls? For not being able to accomplish their goals while alive? Hikari wanted to avoid doing that if possible...

But then... Why did Hikari get the quests to kill them in the first place? There were other quests Hikari could get, but Hikari took those anyway... Hikari doesn't understand Hikari's own thought process... Was there a reason Hikari did that in the first place? Hikari seems to remember telling something to the guildmaster, what was it though...?

... "Hikari thinks Hikari needs to take quests because Hikari isn't sure about what she can or cannot do, Hikari is afraid of not being able to help in case she is needed, so... Hikari will work hard!"

Being afraid of not being able to help in case she is needed? Did Hikari really say that...? Help with what though...? Was there anything Hikari needed to help with? Couldn't Hikari just help as a receptionist on the guild? Wasn't that enough for Hikari? Why did Hikari say that then? Hikari doesn't understand...

Then... Maybe Hikari should try clearing it... To try and understand what Hikari wanted with it?

Hikari is still scared, but... Hikari will try...

Turning to the battlefield, Hikari saw that about 10 on each side had already died, so about 10 left for each... Let's try to make it quick at least...

*deep breath*

"A step to the right... Two to the left... Like this and this... A spin here..."

Closing the eyes, Hikari started dancing to attract the attention of the three legged crow. And then, started chanting.

"Goddess of the sun, please hear Hikari out please grant Hikari's wishes, burn those baddy monsters down and help Hikari clear her quest! Pretty pretty please Okuu-sama! Help Hikari out!"

Finishing the dance and the chant, Hikari felt a drastic amount of her Holy Energy being drained, and a huge heat in front of her, having a bad feeling, Hikari opened her eyes and looked at the field.

"Tha... That is..."

Where there was once a field, now there was only ash, the entire area that they were in, as well as its surroundings, as far as Hikari's eyes could see... was burnt until nothing else remained...

"Than... Thank you... Okuu-sama..."

Hikari fell on her knees, Hikari remembered to thank the goddess to be sure she wouldn't displease her, but... Hikari was scared... Scary, scary, scary, Hikari just burnt... What if there was a friend there? What if Hikari was near someone? What if some of them could escape that battle alive...? Hikari just... Hikari just...

"Oi! What the hell are ya doing?"

"Eh! Eh!?"

Who, who is!?

Turning around while on the ground, Hikari saw...

"Yu-Yu-Yuuka-sama!? Wh-wh-wh-what can Hikari do for you!?"

Scary scary scary scary! Why did Hikari find Yuuka-sama in here!? Ran-sama said that Yuuka-sama was really scary and could kill anyone on a whim! Hikari wanted to avoid meeting Yuuka-sama at all costs! Why did she suddenly find Yuuka-sama here of all places!?

"Sama? Did ya get hit on the head or something girl? What's up with being all scaredy and all that?"

Eh...? Yuuka-sama is being... Casual with Hikari...?

"Did Hikari... Know Yuuka-sama...?"

"If ya did know!? Of course ya did ya idiot! Don't tell me ya forgot this quickly! Should I just drill those memories back from ya head!?"

"Eeeeeeeeek!!!"

Hikari hurriedly crawled away while still looking at Yuuka-sama.

"Su-su-sumimasen! Hikari doesn't remember! Hikari knows about Yuuka-sama because Ran-sama told Hikari about it! Please don't kill Hikari! Hikari is really sorry about it!!"

"Ya really... Tche, guess being with the old hag was enough for ya then, enough to forget... Fine, not like I cared about ya anyway! Just don't go messing up on mah turf, ya hear me!?"

Yuuka-sama's voice seems... Sad...? Did Hikari do something bad...?

With a wave of her hand, Yuuka-sama made the burnt ground regenerate, the grass filled the plains again, with pretty sunflowers filling some of the spots that were only ash a few moments ago. After that, she started walking away...

"Ano... How was Hikari's relationship... With Yuuka-sama... Before Hikari forgot?"

"What? Why does ya want to know anyway? Not like ya'll remember after ya're gone anyway."

"No-no! Hikari is working hard to remember! Hikari still needs to get the names of everyone, and she stills gets confused with all the many people that seemed to know her! But Hikari will work hard! Hikari definitely won't forget this interaction with Yuuka-sama! Because Yuuka-sama seems to think of it as important! Then it definitely must be important! Hikari can't forget something like that! Hikari will definitely remember it!" *nods head many times*

"Wait... Remembering the names of everyone... Did ya lose all of yer memories or something?"

"Uhn... Hai, Hikari doesn't really know how because Ran-sama didn't tell her, but Hikari doesn't miss what Hikari doesn't remember, so it wasn't much of a problem... But Hikari doesn't want to hurt anyone because she doesn't remember what happened! So Hikari is working hard on making new memories to make up for it!"

"Idiot... Say that from the beginning!"

"Eh...? Eh!?"

Hikari was hugged by Yuuka-sama? Hikari doesn't understand... Did Hikari do something good now...?

"I really had though... Ya had forgotten due to not caring ya idiot..." *sobs* "Be clear next time... Baka!"

"Yuuka-sama is..."

"Shut up! Say a word about it and ya're dead!"

"Ha-hai!"

Yuuka-sama kept on hugging Hikari for a while before releasing...

"Ya gonna need to explain it to me, c'mon, we'll talk more at home."

"Home...? Where though?"

"Ya really doesn't remember even that... This way."

Yuuka-sama started walking and Hikari followed her, we walked for a while on the plains without the scenery changing much, but slowly, Hikari could see more and more sunflowers flooding the view.

"So pretty... Did Yuuka-sama cultivate all those...?"

"Yeah, it's not that hard though, it's nothing to be impressed about."

"Hikari things it's really amazing... Hikari wouldn't be able to do that...
    Yuuka-sama... Doesn't seem as bad as Ran-sama said... Yuuka-sama seems really kind..."

"Ran huh? Don't take everything she says to heart, most of what she knows comes from what the old had taught her, her view of the world is limited to what is filtered through the old hag's filter."

"Old hag... Is... Yukari-sama?"

"Yeah, she's a troublesome fella, always doing whatever the hell she wants without a care for anyone around her. It's quite satisfying to give her a good punch on the head I tell ya!"

"Pu-punch Yukari-sama!? No-no! Hikari couldn't do that! Yukari-sama helped Hikari when Hikari didn't know what was happening, Hikari is really grateful to Yukari-sama! If it wasn't for her... Hikari might've not even know the little she knows now..."

"Heh." *ruffles Hikari's hair* "Ya're quite different right now... But still the same at the same time, ya're a weird girl I tell ya."

"Hi... Hikari is?"

"Right ya are! Oh, there we go, that's the house!"

Hikari saw the wooden house in the middle of the field... Since when is that there? Hikari hadn't seen it before... Hikari wonders how couldn't she see it when it should be right in front of her...

Yuuka-sama didn't really mind Hikari's wonderings and went inside right away, which Hikari followed!

Inside it, there was a pretty comfortable room in which Hikari could feel at ease, Yuuka-sama flicked her fingers and Hikari heard some noise on the side, turning towards it, Hikari could see some plants moving around on the kitchen and preparing some tea.

"Whoa..."

"Don't mind those so much, ya've seen them already, though I guess ya don't remember it. In any case, sit down, the tea will be ready in no time."

"Hai!"

As soon as Hikari sat, the plants brought the tea in... So fast!

After taking a sip, Yuuka-sama gestured Hikari to drink as well, once Hikari did, Yuuka-sama proceeded to talk.

"So, what happened anyway?"

"Hikari... Doesn't know... When Hikari came to, Hikari didn't even remember Hikari's name."

"This much? Then... Try telling me what ya do remember."

"Uhn... There was... A light... Then... A feeling of falling... And then Hikari was on Orin-sama's arms. Orin-sama said something about Hikari doing 'it'... Hikari doesn't know what it was though... Some ghosts seemed to come near, and then Yukari-sama appeared telling Orin-sama that I was her protegee, and that she would take Hikari 'back'... After that, it was basically Ran-sama teaching Hikari about what Hikari needed to know to go by without hurting the people important to Hikari..."

"Ghosts huh..." *sigh* "Guess ya did another stupid thing and made them angry, which them stole ya memories. Would explain why the old hag wasn't able to recover them, since they weren't with ya in the first place."

"Another... Stupid thing?"

"Yeah, ya seemed pretty reckless back when we met, doing things without caring one bit about yer own safety, doing yer best to get yer goals achieved without minding the cost much, pretty stupid, don't ya think?"

"It doesn't seem like... A healthy behavior for sure..."

*laughs* "It sure as hell isn't! I'm surprised ya were able to remain alive for that long while acting like that!
    So, how are things right now? Ya had a mother and a husband to look out for ya, didn't ya? How are they taking it?"

"That is... Hikari doesn't know why, but it seems like Hikari had separated from her husband..."

"Say what!?"

"That's what Ran-sama told Hikari... And judging from his reaction, it seems likely... Hikari is unsure on what to feel about it... It is... Embarrassing to think Hikari was married in the past, Hikari doesn't really know how to handle it well..."

"Must be troublesome... To think ya paid that much attention to his gift before, only to have the relationship crumble later... Well, what can't be helped can't be helped, maybe it's a good thing ya don't remember it, gives ya the chance to start anew without needing to worry about the past relationship."

"Hikari things so too!" *nods nods* "Hikari is working hard to get friendly to everyone in the guild!"

"Uhum... And what about ya mother? Must be hard to have a daughter that doesn't remember ya."

"Hikari... Didn't meet her yet..."

"... Come again?"

"Hikari has been to the guild every day... And Hikari made sure to memorize the looks of her family, but... Hikari didn't find any of them yet... Hikari doesn't know where they are..."

"Then what the hell are ya doing here!? Do they even know ya don't have yer memories with ya!? Ya should be searching desperately for them to apologize and to ease their worries girl!"

"Hi-Hi-Hikari knows... But what can Hikari do anyway? Hikari doesn't know where to find them, so she can only stay in the guild waiting... isn't even sure how will things go once we do meet..."

*sighs* "Ya're really good at getting in trouble aren't ya?
    Well, what's done is done, ya should get back once ya finish yer business here to see if ya can find them... So, what were ya doing there anyway, that kind of huge wreck wasn't usual for ya."

"Hikari took some quests from the guild and... Tried to ask for the help of the sun goddess to kill some targets and... That happened... Hikari is sorry..."

"... What? Why the hell would ya ask for the help of that damned mindless stupid crow to kill some stuff ya could find in the plain! Just shoot some normal magic at them and they'll die! There isn't any monster worth the trouble of calling for gods help in the middle of that place!"

"Hikari can only cast by doing that though... And that was the first one Hikari thought about that could bring destructive power..."

"Only way? Didn't Ran teach ya about... No wonder yer presence felt so weird before, what happened to yer Mana, girl? Do ya even have that Chaos Energy left?
    Wait, nevermind, ya wouldn't remember, ya probably woke up like this already, didn't ya?"

"Umu... Ran-sama said something about it though, like how the Holy Energy hijacked the flow of Mana and Chaos Energy that was within Hikari..."

"Hijacked... Ya must've absorbed a huge ton of it for that to happen then... The light ya remember was probably the source of that.
    In any case, ya can only use divine magic now, is that right?"

"Ha-hai!"

"Then ya should try using some more controlled ones, the one from Okuu is probably the most destructive of them all, but it's also way too wild, that crow has far too much power for its own good, and it's way too stupid to know when to hold back while using that, don't call for it unless ya're desperately needing that, got it?"

"U-understood!"

"So, do ya know how call me? I assume Ran didn't tell you how mah powers work, did she?"

"Ran-sama told Hikari that Yuuka-sama was a nature goddess and that Hikari shouldn't anger Yuuka-sama, and not to enter Yuuka-sama's field or damage Yuuka-sama's belongings, as those could kill Hikari..."

"..." *sighs* "At least she told ya the part about mah domain being over nature, I specialize in flowers btw. In any case, mah teachings mainly lie in respecting nature, use nature to yer needs, but make sure to not destroy it in the process, got it?"

"It seems... A lot different from the image Ran-sama passed of Yuuka-sama... Rather, everything about Yuuka-sama has been very different from what Ran-sama said, why is it that Ran-sama told those things to Hikari?" *tilts head*

"Don't worry too much about it, that fox is a good goddess, it's just that the old hag put a few things she shouldn't on Ran's head, so she has a bad view of me..."

"Then... Yuuka-sama has a problem with Yukari-sama"

"It would be more accurate to say almost every god that knows her has some problem with the old hag... The same applies to me though, I tend to get a bit violent when people mess with mah stuff."

"But... Both Yukari-sama and Yuuka-sama are actually really nice..."

*pat pat* "Ya're a good girl Hikari, remember that feeling and ya'll be fine. Ya see, the problem with gods living too long is that grudges last for way longer than how much they do to humans, ya get used to it after a while, even if it never stops being annoying."

"Hikari still isn't happy about it..." *pouts*

*giggles* "Ya don't need to be, it's just how things are, just accept it as it is those things will last for long after ya're gone.
    Well, back to business, I told ya mah teachings are to respect nature, right? If ya wish to call me, get a single flower from ya surroundings and spread its petals to the wind, a single one, don't go storing flowers with ya, don't take many to offer at once, just one is enough, call for me and remember what I just told ya and I'll grant ya my help, understood?"

"Hai! Hikari will make sure to remember it!"

"Good, I could tell you more, but this will work for now, ya should finish yer business and go back to that guild of yers, call for me or another god that can think properly next time, alright? Ya might blame yerself for causing trouble, but ya can't really control what that crow will do, don't sweat the small stuff, ya hear?"

"Hikari will be sure to! It's not good to keep on feeling hurt things we can't control!"

"Ya learn fast, if ya keep that mindset, ya'll end up in less trouble than ya were used to before.
    Now, just one last thing, I asked ya and ya never answered... What were ya doing there in the first place? Ya told me ya were taking quests from the guild, but what for? Ya shouldn't have left it until ya solved your issues at least."

"Hikari... Isn't sure... Hikari felt as if... As if Hikari had to understand what she could do, so as 'to help in case Hikari was needed'... Hikari doesn't really know where this feeling came from, nor what would be a case that Hikari would be needed... But Hikari wanted to pursue this feeling, to understand why Hikari had it, so Hikari decided to take guild quests to find it out."

"A feeling ya say... If I were to guess, I'd say that's a kind of body memory."

"Body memory...?"

"Kinda like how ya may do some things instictively, like nodding when ya agree with something or bowing when ya want to apologize, Ran didn't teach ya any of that did she?"

*shakes head* "No, Ran-sama didn't."

"That's body memory, even if yer mind's memory are gone, what was within yer body remains for as long as yer body exists. The idea of being strong enough to protect the people important to ya might have been ingrained so much into ya that yer body naturally moved towards that."

"That... Doesn't seem to make much sense... How could it be a natural reflex to try and search for ways of handling power...?"

"I know right! It would be absurd for anyone I ever heard of... But ya were a tad too fixated on that back then, so maybe it's a thing. Or maybe there is some remnant of memory within ya that wasn't taken away by the ghosts, something too small to give any clear image, but enough to lead yer instincts."

"Hi-Hikari doesn't know..."

"Ya don't need to know, I'm just theorizing here, don't worry too much about it and just focus on getting control of this feeling of yers, moving by instinct is fine, but it's no good to be controlled by yer own instincts, ya got that?"

"Hai! Hikari will be careful about it!"

"Good, ya're ready to go then, just move through the road we took to here and ya'll be back in the plains, don't be afraid of coming again once ya've solved yer stuff, ya're always welcome in here Hikari."

*nod nod * "Hikari will be sure to remember it!" *hugs* "Please take care of Hikari from now on Yuuka-sama!"

"Right right, I'll be sure to, so make sure to take care of yerself as well girl, there is a limit to how much I can interfere directly, got it?"

"Uhum! Hikari will do her best!"

Getting away from the hug, Hikari left the house, looking back once, Yuuka-sama could be seen waving at Hikari, so Hikari waved back to her and left.

Come to think of it, Hikari didn't feel the huge gap in the Holy Energy anymore... Rather, Hikari didn't feel it ever since she drank Yuuka-sama's tea... Was that on purpose?

Not being sure about it, Hikari went back to the plains away from the sunflower field to go to her next job.

Hikari needs to kill some orcs now... It wouldn't be nice to always ask the favor from the same goddess, so... Let's try this then...

Taking a candy out of a pocket within Hikari's robe, Hikari raised it to the sky and chanted.

"Goddess of the gaps, answer my plea, close the boundary between Hikari and the orcs she wishes to defeat, let the path of days become seconds. By the powers of love, justice and sweets Hikari asks you, grant Hikari's wish!"

No matter how many times Hikari says it, it's still embarrassing to call for the power of love, justice and sweets! What was Yukari-sama thinking when deciding on those as her guidelines!?

Oh, the rift opened, let's get into it! "Thank you Yukari-sama"

Going through the rift, Hikari saw... Why is Hikari in the middle of an orc camp!? Be more careful Yukari-sama! >.<

Hikari turned back, but the gap was already gone, what is Hikari supposed to do now!? The orcs are already surrounding Hikari!

"Oh illusion goddess grant my wish" An arrow was shot towards Hikari, Hikari ducked it in the nick of time and continued chanting, "let the orcs be fooled and Hikari flee this camp" an orc ran towards Hikari with a sword, Hikari jumped away and fell on the ground, with the other ones quickly approaching, "for the sake of cuteness and fluffiness, please grant Hikari's wish!"

Its coming, Hikari is going to die!

Eh? Raising up her head, Hikari looked around, and saw that no orc was coming after her, instead, they were running against another Hikari that seemed to be laughing and making cute images with her wand. The new Hikari looked towards here and blinked before running from them again.

Hikari was feeling her Holy Energy being constantly drained by the new Hikari, so Hikari had to hurry if she wished to defeat the orcs.

Overall in the camp, there seemed to be over 50 orcs, going after new Hikari were around 30, while the other 20 seemed to be surrounding her, they seemed to be divided in groups of 10, following what some bigger orcs directed.

Then... Is there... Oh, here, a flower! Spreading its petals, Hikari chanted:

"Goddess that rules over the flowers, please grant my wish, let the enemies around me have their lives pierced and ended quickly, let the plants of these plains teach those that harm it what it can bring them!"

Hikari felt a huge amount of Holy Energy being sucked away from her, the walls from the camp, as well as the towers, and the grass they were stepping on, all of them moved at once, making spikes and piercing the orcs' bodies, killing them all at once in a swift motion, before they understood what happened, they were all gone.

"Thank you... Ran-sama, Yuuka-sama, Hikari wouldn't be able to do it without your help."

The new Hikari smiled and disappeared, Hikari's sight also became clearer, as if... A blur around Hikari? Was that why the orcs didn't find Hikari even though they were right next to her?
    The plants also stopped moving, and the Holy Energy stopped being drained, Hikari felt quite tired already.

"Yukari-sama... What's up with putting me here of all places...?"

"It was necessary to make sure you wouldn't mess up in the future."

"Yu-Yu-Yukari-sama!"

From the front of Hikari, a rift appeared from which Yukari-sama and Ran-sama came out.

"Don't look at me with that kind of surprised face, I was watching, you know?"

"Uh-uhn... What does Yukari-sama means as 'not messing up'?" *tilts head*

"Simple, you killed the kobolds from an advantageous position, and if you were given the chance, you would do the same for the orcs. One should always seek the advantage, but one should also be prepared to fight against the unexpected, I simply decided to teach you that directly."

"Tha-that is...
    Hikari... Can't really argue with that... But Hikari was really scared... Hikari really thought that Hikari would..."
    *sniffle* *sniffle*

"There there, don't feel that bad, it's gone now, at least you already overcame it, you did a good job Hikari." *pat pat*

"Ra-Ran-sama..."

"Don't worry, things are okay now, aren't they? You can smile already."

"Um... Umu!" *nods*

"Tsc, you spoil her way too much."

"Don't worry too much about Yukari-sama, she is just being tsundere, she was also worried about you."
    "Who the hell is a tsundere!?"
    "More importantly, I still need my payment Hikari!"

"Ah-ah Hai! Go ahead Ran-sama!"

"I won't hold back!"

Ran-sama hugged Hikari tightly and started rubbing her cheeks against mine, it didn't particularly hurt, but Hikari felt a bit uncomfortable.

"So cute and fluffy... Hikari's cheeks are the best after all!!!"

"A-as long as Ran-sama is happy!"

"Umu, I definitely am!"

"Good grief..."

Ran-sama separated from Hikari.

"Good! A nice dose of cuteness and fluffiness delivered! The payment for your wish was received in full, Hikari!"

"Hi-Hikari is happy that this is enough for Ran-sama-"

"Gah, stop that, I'll be sending you back Aeternus, hurry up and wish for it!"

"Bu-but Hikari doesn't have enough Holy Energy for that-"

"Shut up! It's enough, just do it! I'm getting sick seeing this act between you and Ran!"

"Ha-hai!" Hikari took out another candy and gave it to Yukari-sama, "Please take Hikari back to the guild Yukari-sama."

"Granted, there you go!" A gap was opened on the sky in front of Hikari, "Now go and finish those quests already." Yukari-sama started pushing me in.

"Ah! Take care Ran-sama! Yukari-sama! Hikari will visit when she has the chance!"

"Have fun Hikari! We'll talk more later!" *waves*

"Hurry up!"

Hikari was pushed into the gap and was back to the receptionist's desk... Eh? Why is it that Hikari still has a bit of Holy Energy left...? Thinking on it, Hikari didn't spend much in reaching the orcs either... Why did Yukari-sama's wishes need so little Holy Energy...?

Hikari isn't very sure, but Hikari doesn't think much can be done about it right now...

"Ex-excuse me... Hikari wishes to report the completion of her quests..."

[Hikari met Yuuka-sama and understood a bit more about what to do and what not to do with her magic.
    Hikari also felt a strange urge to do some things, maybe it's a remnant memory that stayed with her.
    ((Hooray for making chants again! Those are prayers to the gods though, no chuuniness involved! \(^^)/
    Oh, and 4576 words, not that big!))]

@shad12ow

Kuma Desu and Myriadfold like this.
  18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ================================================
    "Hmm....so different. Very, very different from what I know. The way you defeat them and the spell. It's like you're not the Hikari I knew. Bah! No matter, I suppose. Here is your reward, 450 G. *petted her head gently* Don't be reckless now, you hear me?"
    OOC: Congrats for not getting more than 5k words. Hahahahaha~! Still chuuni~! LOL~! Well, at least you're not the only one using chants now. Good job~

Myriadfold likes this.
  19. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Orcs [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 3 Orc Leaders [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD5 - D-Ranked - Slay 3 Kobold Leader [ 120 G ]

---------------- Side Maligno ----------------

“Damnit...“
    I cursed as I saw the rat happily running in the ground after biting my hand. Why cursing? Well, after giving him my newly concocted product, I was expecting at least some reaction… but there he is more lively than… oh, he died…
    Smiling happily, I put away the results of my tests on my leather bag, that I had bought with a bit of money in Frontier Village. I also had bought some extra knives just for safety.
    Well, I can be a bit loose with swindling money.
    Finishing my preparations, I went to met the others in Eranno’s place.

---------------- Side Mirea ----------------

[Auxiliary Core ‘Ellengarde’.]
    I summoned my second and less developed core, making it assume the form of a spear. Although there’s no change at all in its functions, something feels odd every time I summon it.
    Maybe is because of that name.
    The name I used before didn’t feel right, but I also didn’t had any particular ‘feelings’ about it. But now, when I activate it, my core seems to resonate faintly with that strange name that seemingly random name that came to my mind once I was defeated by Kuma.
    Ignoring such ‘feelings’ for now, I headed to finish our quests the quicker the possible.

---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

“Every one is here?” (Kuma)
    [Yes.] (Mirea)
    “Yup” (Maligno)
    I smiled hearing their replies and looked at the small carriage that would be our way of transportation for this quest, lent to us by Eranno.
    Normally, it would be used to transport the miners all the way to the Gallant Mines, but after the incident with the Golem, few were the ones that had the courage to go back. Moreover, the multiple landslides that happened made the work there complicated, so most of the mining companies decided to wait until the dust settled down to go back to their normal routine.
    So for the time being, we could borrow the carriage from them.
    We got on and started heading to the west, to the Verdant Forrest.

---------------- Side Maligno ----------------

In the way to the Verdant Forest, we found some nasty guys. a bunch of kobolds came to attack us.
    Of course, they weren’t like the ones on the Frontier Village. Their eyes seemed more… desperate. Like famished beasts attacking the first prey that appeared for them.
    “That’ll be troublesome...” (Kuma)
    Master said that as she stopped the carriage. The horses seemed to be a little afraid of the incoming kobolds, so it would be difficult to just ignore them. Moreover, I could see some leader like ones, two carrying bronze falchions and one wearing a kobold skull on his head and with a staff.
    “Kuma, take care of the small fries, then try to take down at least one of the leaders.” (Maligno)
    “I can do it! But don’t order me around!” (Kuma)
    Even complaining a bit, she jumped off the carriage and summoned that strange spear she got from the last raid, Inkarnation des Schneesturms.
    The temperature suddenly dropped a bit just from her summoning it. I didn’t wanted to even think about how cold this spear would be if I were skewered by it.
    Smiling drily I turned to Mirea, that had an expressionless face.
    “Mirea, can you help me taking out that mage looking one?” (Maligno)
    [Hm… probably.] (Mirea)
    Mirea gets up and extends her hand and...
    [Auxiliary Core, ‘Ellengarde’.] (Mirea)
    A spear sprouts out of her hand.
    Ignoring the absurdness, I headed out of the carriage, finding Kuma surrounded by the kobolds, with two already down.
    “Thanks for the help!”
    I said as me and Mirea ran past the monster parade and headed to the leaders on the back.
    As soon as they noticed our approach, the mage looking one started chanting and threw half a dozen of earth spikes.
    But it was unfortunate for him, since Mirea was with me.
    [Ellengarde- Mirror Form.]
    She threw the spear on her hands, that turned into a mirror mid way. The mirror absorbed the spikes and made them return to the owner, that was a bit flustered to have his attack reflected and didn’t react in time.
    Two of the spikes hit him, while three missed and one even hit the other leader.
    [Ellengarde- Spear Form.]
    Mirea caught up with the Mirror and turned it again into an spear, that she used to attack one of the sword using leaders, leaving the rest for me.
    Pulling out one of my knives, I slashed the still flustered kobold mage. I left him be for the time being and went to distract the third leader.
    Why I didn’t paid more attention to him?
    ‘Gyaaaaaak!’
    Because that knife was coated with the same poison I used on the rat before… well, I may have strengthened a bit the dosage.
    It didn’t took long for me to finish the third leader, but I wasn’t as fast as Mirea, since I heard the last screams of the other one before killing mine.
    While we cleaned up, Kuma finished killing the common kobolds. I didn’t knew if it was because she was with that cold spear of because they were weak, but she didn’t shed a drop of sweat.
    After packing up the corpses on Kuma’s Item Box, we resumed the travel.

---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

When we reached the border of the forest, we had to leave the carriage behind at an inn and proceed by foot until we reached the lake.
    In the way, we met some orcs, but they were dealt pretty much like before. It is a shame, but I wasn’t able to fight any of the leaders, since Maligno and Mirea defeated them.
    Strangely enough, Maligno was able to handle two of them at the same time. I knew he was fast enough to outspeed them, but his stamina wasn’t normal either, nor his strength, since it took few hits for his knife to pierce the orc thick skin.
    In any case, we continued carefully as to not encounter any other monster that could delay us and finished the quest in two days of travel.

---------------- Side Mirea ----------------

[So, let’s go back to Aeternus.]
    When we arrived by night at the city that was at the border of the forest, I said that, urging the others to go back since we had already finished the quest, and I wanted to come back to analize my core, since it was showing a lot of strange bugs.
    “No… I want to check something...” (Kuma)
    “What do you mean, Kuma?” (Maligno)
    To my surprise, Kuma didn’t wanted to and said that while looking to the forest’s border.
    “Mirea, can you hand the report for me? I think I have to check a thing… don’t worry, I’ll come back.” (Kuma)
    She offered a piece of paper and the proofs of the quests' completion to me, smiling grimly. My core seemed to throb for a second, as if it was a bad omen, but I...
    [If you say so.]
    I took the things from her hands and prepared to head back. I looked over to Maligno, seeking help.
    “Don’t worry, I‘ll take care of her.”
    Smiling, he declared this. My core throbbed yet again, but I deemed as another of those strange bugs happening lately.
    Going out of the inn, I stared at the night sky above me and said.
    [Ellengarde- Angel Form.]
    I felt an intense heat from my back and two metal wings sprouted from there. I flapped them for a bit to get used with them before heading back flying.

Mirea goes to the desk and place the report papers over it.
    [Here it is, Guildmaster.]
    *places the proofs over the table*

OOC: Flags! Flags everywhere! (and it kinda ended shorter than I planed~)

@shad12ow

20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Orcs [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 3 Orc Leaders [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD5 - D-Ranked - Slay 3 Kobold Leader [ 120 G ]
    ========================================================================
    "Hmm? This is for Kuma's quest? And you are...Mirea? Let me read the report first.....Hmm.....hmm...well, I have nothing to comment. Good job. Clean and effective. And I suppose you don't know where Kuma and Maligno went to, eh?...troublesome....Very well then. This is your reward, 550 G and the other stuff. Take care now."

AliceShiki and Kuma Desu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.