Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    -item details: fire crystal need to be handled with caution since it can explode when there is a shudden shock / movement
    -quest details:can only be found inside the volcano arount mt.vuldan and usually it was guarded by a horde of salamander

“Hmmm well I guess I might as well take this one ~ it looks quite challenging “

As kyuu had finally acquired his map, he checked it and quickly searched for Mt.Vuldan, though naturally it was quite a distance away…..

“*sigh* they really need to move that volcano closer…..”

“I’ll probably need a party to complete quests in the future so I should probably look for one when I come back. But first to gather the essentials”

As kyuu walked out of the Adventure’s guild he made my way towards the Market before entering a clothing store and purchasing 3 scarves made of soft silk

“I hope this is enough to cushion those fire crystals….. Don’t want anything exploding in my bad” kyuu muttered these words as he tucked the scarves neatly into his adventures bag

“Hmmm, I need a mount”

Kyuu began to search the town for a horse, or at least something rideable, because he sure as hell wasn’t walking to every mission

Arriving at a one of the more well-known stables in the village kyuu called out to the manager

“show me your best mount, preferably fluffy, stealthy, and a predator, in otherwords I want a rideable cat “ kyuu said this as if it were the most natural thing in the world but the stable manager didn’t question it since they did indeed have such a mount

The manger brought out a wide variety of cat-like mounts from, tigers, to lions, to 6 legged…. Things…., and a few others that certainly didn’t fit kyuu’s definition of the word ‘cat’

As kyuu browsed he walked past all the ferocious lion, tigers, and…. Other cats(?) before coming to a stop before a cat that looked like an oversized lynx, its only defining features being the tuffs of fur on its ears, legs, and tail. Speaking if its tail, it was a 1/3 the length of the cats entire body, and was pitch black, like the rest of the cat excepts its oddly azure colored eyes.

Kyuu was captivated at first sight and immediately placed all his money into the hands of the manager who smiled and proceeded to help kyuu apply his contract mark

The contract mark was designed just like the cats face, but from afar simple looked like a black blob with two azure dots, the contract mark was extremely useful as it allowed for basic telepathy between contractors and also contained a mini space in which one’s pet/mount could stay in.

Kyuu strolled out of the store with his new mount feeling very pleased upon reaching 20 steps from the store he paused “What was the price for this cat again?” looking towards his new mount he notice a tag on it that said “50 silver – 3rd grade beast ,Adolescent black lynx” Kyuu immediately dismissed this as rubbish as no lynx had azure eyes, but what truly held his attention was the price …. 50 silver

Kyuu turned around intent on asking the store owner for his change only to see a “Closed sign” hung over the door, “@^%%$^%#*%9%*“ kyuu cursed vehemently deciding that it was about time he set of for his mission

Staring at the Azure eyed cat at his side, which had just cost him all his money, he sighed

“Well I might as well name you ……..hmmm, Felaris”

Riding on felaris kyuu quickly reached Mt. Vuldan and began to make his way up the volcano.

Upon reaching the top he saw 5 fire crystals sitting cozily in nest, which were of course surrounded by 10 salamanders.

Sighing kyuu hopped of felaris before dashing towards the salamanders, who immediately saw fit to start shooting fireballs. Weaving his way through the storms of fireballs he approached a salamander before whirling past it delivering 2 slashes to its scales, he continued running as he made his way towards each salamander before dealing them shallow slashes.

Upon attacking the 10th salamander kyuu delivered a kick to its face and used it as a foothold to take off as he began sprinting down the mountain. As the enraged salamanders chased him kyuu smirked before hiding inside a field filled with boulders. Using his stealth as an assassin kyuu managed to hide from all he salamanders, fortunately they couldn't smell him due to all the sulfur.

Kyuu spent the next 20 mins sneaking past the salamanders and returning up the mountain where he promptly pulled out his 3 silk scarves, wet them with water and wrapped all 5 fire crystals inside them.

Kyuu then hopped back on to felaris and they swiftly made their way back down the mountain and towards the adventures guild. However kyuu decided to stop by the stables only to chuck 2 fire crystals at it blowing up the door.

"kuku lets see if you dare rob me again"

With a satisfied expression kyuu made his way to the guild before handing over 3 fire crystals to the guild receptionist

2. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    So when will @Ldyrdy update this or is this already how is it and we will have to keep doing this missions until we reach C rank???

3. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    nah,,, i'm updating it.. please be patient T_T

4. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not pressuring you am i :D

5. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    NEW D RANK QUEST FOR TODAY-- NEW REPEATABLE QUEST -- NEW EXTENDED TIME LIMIT QUEST --

STILL ONE PERSON CAN ONLY TAKE ONE QUEST / DAY

--repeatable quest

--- Mine 5 mithril (maximum rewards, 6 adventurer points)

quest detail: the blacksmith in the town is in dire need of mithril ore. please mine for some mithril in the 'Galant Mine' northwest of the village. please be careful since the mine might collapse anytime and there are skeleton miner wandering in the area.

Quest reward: 1x mithril ore (crafting system spoiler alert)

---slay 5 Lizardmen (max adventurer points is 7)

Quest detail: the wandering lizard has evolved and become lizard men. It hasn’t been known how it was possible but their number is increasing quickly. Please slay them to protect the villager.

--Extended time quest (no time limit)

---- Assasinate the Thunder Bird (max adventurer points is 10)

Quest detail: some thunder bird has been spotted moving around the village, since they have high resistance to magic, please kill them with long ranged physical attack

Quest requirements: need to have long ranged class (archer, sniper, etc.)

(get your party everyone~)

--Daily quest

--slay 10 kobold (maximum adventurer points is 8)

Quest detail: after orc, goblins, and lizardmen, not to mention the new thunder bird flock, we have incoming danger coming from the kobold. They are known as an evolved species of wolf that managed to walk on both feet. Beware of their sharp claws and fangs. We are hoping that the recent discovery of the kobold horde is just a moving group.

--map drawing (maximum adventurer point is 12)

Quest detail: since the village is expanding, we need a new map. Some of the map needed is the forest, the village, the volcano, the swamp, the mountain, and the snowy region. Show your cartography skill everyone.

Quest reward: lower chance to get lost in a mission << yeay \o/

@A5G_Reaper @ballster147 @Faaldara @FanzZeta @ForumObserver @hajiko @Kagami Ren @KYONIGIRI @kyuukestu @LivingCorpse @LordOfPies @Luxadia @MasterCuddler @Napknight @Nope34 @pirateking36 @SinCity @SpearOfLies @xtremeloldude

6. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    ---- Assasinate the Thunder Bird (max adventurer points is 10)

Quest detail: some thunder bird has been spotted moving around the village, since they have high resistance to magic, please kill them with long ranged physical attack

Quest requirements: need to have long ranged class (archer, sniper, etc.)

(get your party everyone~)

"Oh this looks interesting ~but first ill probably need a party…. Hmmmm ~"

7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Another day at the guild. Mining and lizard slaying was on one section, but I was unable to do the former and kind of tired from seeing reptiles (shoutout to @Napknight) so I skipped past those. There's a thunderbird killing quest, which seems doable. Kobold was doable, and then there's a map drawing one. If only I can draw...

I took out a piece of parchment and jotted some note on it, before sticking it on the questboard. Done with that I decided to drop by the blacksmith to sharpen my saws, before returning to the inn for breakfast. Perhaps someone will approach me.

If anyone's good at drawing, I can take you to the sky for the mapping quest. Or thunderbird hunting. I'll be available up until noon at the Mustache Pirates inn.

~Reachii

Napknight and Ldyrdy like this.
  8. KYONIGIRI

KYONIGIRI Dead Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwaahhh, even though I finally stopped being an E-Rank adventurer, these quests are too hard! But there's one quest which seems like I can do! Actually, I upgraded my secret weapons! Now I have a fork and spoon as well - the whole cutlery set! Ehehehe, I fly over to the Galant Mine, keeping right near the ceiling where other adventures probably missed out on getting ores from because the mines are quite tall. An ingenious idea once again if I do say so myself. I spot a few pockets of the mithril ores peeking out from under the rock and set to work. I cast my magic《Regrowth!》around the ores. Why did I do that, you ask? Ehehe, marvel at my magic!《Regrowth!》doesn't only work to grow and repair living things, no, what it actually does is speed up a natural reaction using my mana as a catalyst! That's why if I cast it on the rocks and soil...! The ceiling began to loosen and an ore twice the size of myself slipped out from its hold. I quickly fly underneath it to catch it, but i-it's heavy...I am squared underneath it, but as long as the ore wasn't damaged, that was alright. I flew over to another area with ores and eroded the ceiling once more. After another painful catch, I had two ores! At this rate, I'd be done with this quest soon! Let's go, three more times!

Of course what Onigiri didn't realise was that apart from the fact that most adventurers were too short to reach the ores in the ceiling, there was another reason as to why it was left alone...Not long after the fifth ore was harvested, Onigiri heard cracking and rumbling noises...the mine was going to collapse since she had been loosening the rocks in the ceiling! She couldn't exactly fly away fast enough with her five ores in hand, so Onigiri had to think fast. She unequipped her wings and turned back into a riceball. Sacrificing her precious rice, she scattered the grains that she was made of around the mine and cast《Regrowth!》at maximum power. The rice shone for a bit and then tall strong stalks grew from them, supporting the mine from caving in. Onigiri breathed a sigh of relief and flew back to the guild. She handed in the items and had another peek at that particular quest since it was much harder than she first thought... 'Skeletons too?' Onigiri gasped when she saw yet another life-threatening event she could have encountered. 'But then again, I'm not human so they don't have an interest in me.'

9. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for a temporary party member to take on the thunder bird. My skills against it are a little weak as my only way of damaging it involves launching projectiles using wind magic. As i'm not very strong yet the power pales in comparison to an actual archer. on the other hand, if i'm supporting an archer i can manipulate wind currents to ensure nigh 100% accuracy on shots regardless of whether the bird tries to dodge.

10. Accidentally

Accidentally Random Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That thunder bird is zapdos right? You wanna kill us that badly? @Ldyrdy

11. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he hates team instinct

Ldyrdy likes this.
  12. Accidentally

Accidentally Random Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually... I AM team instinct...

LordOfPies likes this.
  13. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh... I wanna eat the bird.

Actually I want to enslave it's entire species and start it digging a new lair for me, but I'm sure a bite or two won't hurt it.

Can I please?

14. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hoo, mining mithril ores. Interesting, but with my current mining skill even armed with good mining equipments and mining guides it won't suffice sadly. I guess I need to look for one of my acquintance in this town,hmmhmm."

Quest : mine 5 mithril (in progress).

15. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the monk going towards the mine....think it might be fun I quickly took the

Quest : mine 5 mithril

and rushed to follow him quietly

16. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    LONG STORY!!!

--slay 10 kobold (maximum adventurer points is 8)

Quest detail: after orc, goblins, and lizardmen, not to mention the new thunder bird flock, we have incoming danger coming from the kobold. They are known as an evolved species of wolf that managed to walk on both feet. Beware of their sharp claws and fangs. We are hoping that the recent discovery of the kobold horde is just a moving group.

(Napknight's House)
    *waking up the next day at the my house the first thing i saw are the faces of my minions ami and ako while tasha is at the door guarding like some royal guard, I ask my minions to tell me what happened while i was out. I was shocked and furious at what i heard because from what they told me i was immediately thrown after i passed out and just left me at the guild entrance like some corpse but luckily my minions. Arrive at the guild to inquire about my whereabouts that is when they found me. They immediately took me home wash me up and lay me by the bed. I also received my rewards of 4 point this time it's only 4 point but it is understandable I'm lucky enough that i was not sent to jail or some mining area to to pay my debt from the destruction's i made, Anyway that was not what i was furious about what i am furious about are those DAMN REPTILES! The guild told me that there might be more down the volcano that escaped from the explosion and is gathering to do something, And They always make my day bad! even though it's already bad enough.

So I quickly got up and ready myself I also told my minions to arm themselves but when i saw their Armor and weapon my face instantly turned serious and told them to not wear it anymore because their armor and weapons are so worn out due to the battle that they did last time especially Tasha's, So After getting done preparing i quickly headed to the nearest Blacksmith and buy some armor for them. the armors i bought are those that are sure to secure the safety of my minions so i only got those with expensive price's, for their weapons though what i bought for them are the one which are much much more cheap than their armor because their life is more important than the life of the enemy so just some average Halberd for Tasha and two pairs of gauntlet and leg wear for the twins. While they are still changing their armor i go to the guild to pick the quest that we will take but after i enter i had this sour face because the one with the higher point's at the quest need some party member's so i think to myself whether i want to go look for someone or not, Well who am i kidding anyway there's no way they'll allow me to join their party so I quickly chose the one next to it with the reward of 8 point which is to slay 10 kobolds after picking it off i go out and see's my minion done in their armor and weapon. Tasha look's like some sort of demon army chief while the twin's look like they will go to some party rather than to kill some monster but that only looks on the surface after all they are different than before since their last quest they now practice everyday to improve themselves to not be killed by their enemies and they also honed their minds which are not so naive anymore.I then go to a nearby grocer to buy some supplies and food that we will need on the way. After We are now ready so I Slowly walk towards the Town Exit with my 3 minions following me.

(Monster Forest)
    After going out of town, Looking through the map i bought to some adventurer with a weird face i can see that he made the map practical, the map has the place where the group of kobold that is supposed to be only issued just today. In it i can see that he wrote the word kobold at some part of the forest near a mountain side so i quickly stash it away and go on my way. but it will take us two day to reach the area so after walking for a long time we decided to rest for us to replenish our energy. While the rest are building the tent I on the side just keep lying on the ground letting my minions do all the unnecessary stuff like Everything except sleeping and lazing around after all that's my job. After nighttime arrived and my minions are now asleep i suddenly heard the sound of rustling leaves which are not loud or silent so i quickly got back up and wake up my minions. I then told them to be ready for battle, after a while of waiting it finally appeared but what i saw instantly puts my expression on a furious one and i quickly jumped towards them while doing a front flip and then unleash my Powerful Knight Skill KaZeN*KeZUUUUUU!
    And the one that comes out with their reptalian eyes stared at me dumbfounded by what they are seeing even my minion are dumbfounded by my aggressive behavior towards some wandering lizards but i didn't let it bother me anymore and PounDED TheM SmASH THeM and LaSTly I Beat Them Up until they look like pigs.. after which i calm down and took their bodies and stored it inside my transforming pillow and just like it was just some breeze I again return to my spot and quietly fell asleep as i was finally able to release my pent up frustration. The next Day They fixed up the camp and eat leisurely, after we leave and go to our original goal and just as we are passing by some familiar area I saw by accident this crevice which has this (5 green plant,6 red plant and 4 yellow plant)it smells fragrant so i quickly took it with me and proceed to our original track after a day of walking they quickly set up the camp and eat after they tended to their own need and i on the other hand is now counting all the material i got these past few days(11 normal slime nucleus,5 goblin tooth,10 piece of orcs some herbs and also a poison flower but my biggest gain is this strange plant that has 9 colors) I then grin's from ear to ear as i am counting all this up. the next day was the same as the last time no one attacking us maybe its because of the place but i doubt it after all i think the cause of it is my minion after all these past few days they are the one's doing the hunt i on the other hands is always sleeping in the bosom of my minotaur tasha, When a fight starts the twins are the first one's to fight but if they are unable to defeat their enemies tasha will Immediately rush in and quickly ends things up. So the twins are the one's who gained the highest profit on this journey for they were able to train themselves in these life and death battles and hone their previously meager skill to above average level.

(Between Mountain and Forest)
    As soon as they saw the mountain their previous relaxed state grew tense as they knew that the one they will fight there will not be a group of mindless dogs but a group of cooperative animal's that have gone through evolution so they will sure be able to smell(with their enhance nose) them if they were to get close in the forest so they first prepare to rest but while they are resting they are ever so vigilant because they are now at the territory of the kobolds and you don't want to be dragged by a kobold to their lair because i am sure that you will not like it(They do Human trading). After the night passed they got up and prepares to eat but what they ate this time is some slime jelly which will not attract the attention of the kobolds(you don't want to be hound by a pack of kobold over a piece of orc meat) so after relaxing themselves and eating to their full they got got ready with an expression full of seriousness. Then came the time when the sleeping knight woke up and said to his minion in a drowsy tone "wait here I will go and scout the place and never leave this place unless it is necessary" after he said that he took off without looking back.

(Somewhere at the edge of the forest)
    Up in the air you can see this certain cloud that is moving much faster than the others but on a closer look you can see that its a pillow that is flying at a very slow speed. On top of the pillow is Napknight looking down below for some sign's of Kobold, he didn't have to look for long though because just from the distance he can see this many brown covered dirt moving so agile like some *rat*ta. but after he got close enough he saw that those we're no dirt but a bunch of Kobolds busy sharpening their claws and teeth, While other kobold are making some weapons there are also those that are gathering foods. As if he saw human's preparing for war he immediately go back to the camp with a dark expression but after seeing his minions he put on an expression of resolution then told to his minion the weight of the matter (There are about 5,000 kobolds there that is getting ready for an invasion)As he said this the expression of his minions changed but they didn't let it reveal to their master for they believe in him believe that he can do something about it even if he can't defeat it. So Napknight told them to get ready to fight They will kill ten kobold from the area then run away and quickly tell the guild what is about to happen .

(Near Kobold Camp)
    SMACK* SLASH* *mmmeeeoww BAM! DOSHA!!!! Swish* *aaaaarrrrrrfffff that is the sound of battle that is happening near the kobold camp but of course the kobold didn't let it bother them after all there are 5,000 of them only those who are hotblooded rushed to fight.
    At the outer circle of the kobold camp you can see 4 kobold fighting two rabbit kin's girls with their claws and teeth. Although the sister's are a bit injured they didn't stop mobing their body for if they were to stop they will be killed and forever to be lost they didn't want something like someone they loved leave them again! They began to feel fear just thinking of losing their master so to prevent that from happening they put their entire concentration on fighting. As the fight goes on the twins are getting more and more synchronize in fighting this gave them an advantage in their battle,
    Moving a bit more inside and you can see tasha swinging her halberd with strength that almost looks like she is a goddess of death reaping the poor lives of this puny kobolds but despite that the kobold's rushes towards her almost overwhelming her for a few times now that's why she sustained some damage but it is not visible because of all the kobold blood that have soaked her. She is also losing blood slowly from the countless injuries on her body that are riping open as she continues to fight. Tasha then look's at the most populated area of kobold camp and she can see countless Kobolds surrounding someone. The one these kobolds are surrounding is a knight,While this knight is fighting while being surrounded he does not show any sign of tiredness. Tasha though know's that they will hit limits soon so she battled her way to the sisters and waits for their master's command.
    In the middle of 10 kobold is a knight that is completely drenched by blood from head to toe and also his weapon a body pillow that is also drenched by blood looks eerie as it splashes blood here and there everytime it hits someone. But despite fighting this long he keeps on pushing onward so that he could get close to the kobolds main camp but he is only a knight measlyso while heading there he can't evade all attack which is why there are so many tears and gash on his clothes and skin from scratch,claw marks to bite mark. but despite this he still keeps on advancing to the center of the camp to prepare and unleash his magic. A Magic that will hold the kobold for a few days so that the guild can prepare some counter measure. while he goes deeper and nearer to the middle camp he can see many arrogant and ferocious looking kobold with different colors right there and then he immediately abandon any sign of attacking and defending and only focus on saying the Chants For his Spell
    CHANTING : ABSOLUTE SLEEP
    EFFECT: MAX
    AREA EFFECT: CENTER CAMP ONLY
    PREPARING -------------------------------------->
    Absolute Sleep Invoking
    As He Mutters* @#$%^&@#$%^&@#$%^&
    As this was happening he can feel his whole body being pierced bite and clawed countless time but he didn't let it stop him He only continued to chant much Faster and with a more deeper voice as if he is putting all his life on it. And as the Last chant Left his mouth He Screamed Two words like there's no tomorrow*
    ABBBSSOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEE SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
    And as it left his mouth he raise up his pillow using his right hand because his left hand is now broken and suddenly Many Lights Come out of it and circled the middle of the camp and vanished like it never happened all those who were there only saw the middle camp brighten up then then everything returned to normal like it was never there and as they are a bit confused they did not notice that the knight that they are fighting is now gone. they only came to after they heard their leaders stumble and fall down. as this happen the kobold did not panic though for they knew that they are still alive. they only felt a unease on what they should do. After all kobolds are very cooperative with each other.

(On the way to Home)
    After the fight the knight appeared with his minions at their camp exhausted and hurt but the most hurt of all is their master Napknight Filled with injuries everywhere, The first thing Napknight did though is tell his minion to take out the 3 herbs with green,red and yellow and combine(pound it till it's all powder) then feed it to him as he is heavily injured and low on magic power and as for themselves he let them do what they think is necessary. he also instructed them to carry him back to the gild to report the happenings. Most important of all is that he didn't forget to get some kobold part to complete the mission he got. After that he passed out.

(Town Entrance)
    After what seemed like a long Sleep, Napknight suddenly got up and discovered that he is within the bosom of his minotaur tasha and up ahead he also heard the lively voices of humans so they quickly search for the town and as they found it they enter the town battered and tired except for napknight after all he had his rest the whole journey. So he instructed his slave to go home and wash themselves and also heal themselves.After arriving at the guild i quickly notified the Guild Master ldyrdy about what i experienced and about the kobold which i managed to kill which is at most -20 and also i passed him the quest items i got from the kobold and I also told him that the kobold would be a little late in their invasion after all my Absolute sleep will take them at least 5 days before they wake up, after that i quickly go home and enters the basement and Locks that door so that nobody would be able to disturb my sleep..

Sorry for the long story i got absorbed writing it so that's that anyway good luck reading this
    Note : After using the Absolute sleep(That Wide) he used up a lot of magic power that is why he fell asleep for two days
    THIS IS A NEWBIE WORK!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    ForumObserver likes this.
  17. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Villan's POV
    Packing up mining equipments, antidotes,potions,oils,oiled woods(for torches),small fire stones, packaged foods, me and my acquintance, Muradin(character info will be explained in the end section) are preparing to depart into the mining spot.
    we arrived at the Galant Mine, based on the quest information, this mine is infested with skeleton miners. My bad premonition tells me that this mine is not just a simple mine and my mining skills are lacking, so I bring the dwarf Muradin with me. Based on his knowledge, you need to delve into middle section or inner section of the mine to get the good quality of the mithrils. He will also assisting me in mining the mithrils aswell, although his main reason is because of the mithrils not me by the way.... Our journey into the middle section are like walk in the park, with me and Muradin cleaning some pests (Skeleton Miners). 1 hour later, we arrived at the middle section of the Galant Mine, various monsters started to pop around (Skeleton Mine Leader(mini boss),Small taratects,Vengeful spirits,Ghouls). Thankfully, due to my decent skills (on par with upper rank C skills) and Muradin (his cheat-like jobs...), the middle section is like exp farming for me (excluding Muradin, he's so cheat that I think he could solo majority of the raid boss class(lol)). We got 27 mithrils from the middle section(10 mithrils for my job quest, 5 mithrils for my D Quest, rest are for Muradin),just as we are preparing to return, wall appeared and separates me and Muradin. The exit are blocked aswell, so I need to find another exit.Not worrying Muradin too much, I embarked on a journey to the inner section of Galant Mine. Little do I know that I will encounter incident that almost killed me.
    In the inner section of the mine, there are no new variants of the monsters but their amount increases decently in every room, so much that I questioned if this is D Rank Dungeon.Then there is one room that gives me a really bad premonition, so i decided to take a rest just to recover my stamina. 1 hour of resting , I entered the large room which encroached with webs,webs,cocoons and eggs. Seeing this phenomena, I could already guess the creature that I will fight. As soon as I thought that, a giant silhouette immediately appeared from the top to the ground, and just as i suspected it is the Mother Taratect (also known as BroodMother).
    Fight starts, I immediately dashes dodging the web bullets, trying to find the opening to launch my attack.As if it's my bad luck,skeletons starting to crawling out from the cocoons, taratects appeared from the eggs and webs from above, one mistake could cost my life immediately. Seriously, this is not D Rank Dungeon anymore, I have to demand extra point when i return to the adventurer guild for not providing enough informations..... As I run, avoiding leaping taratects from above, web bullets and poison bullets from BroodMother,while being chased by crawling skeletons and Taratects from behind, I quickly took out the oils and sprinkle them towards the webs,cocoons and suroundings. Once I deemed it's enough, I took out several fire stones, amplify them with my aura manipulation,fire it up, then toss them in every directions.Soon, the room was engraved with fire, due to the oils and the webs.The fire killed some of the skeletons,eggs and taratects, also slightly injured the Brood Mother. Seeing the nest on fire, The Brood Mother entered Rage Mode (apparently), and starts hitting me with it's fangs and claws, imbuing it with poisons (this is definitely bad news to me). While dodging as hard as I can (I got scraped little by little, thank god i have antidote prepared, the poisons are really dangerous. And hurray for my Steel Body Skill aswell), I charge my aura little by little, and closing in to the Brood Mother. Close enough, I perform a high jump and invoke my aura explosion near the head of the Brood Mother, severely damaging its head and 3 of its left eyes. the Brood Mother is flinching and fall, with its butt touching the burning webs, inflicting burn ailments to the Brood Mother's back. While that is happening, I took Asura Stance concentrating my mind and aura. As I finished, the recovered Brood Mother dashes madly towards me, imbuing it's fangs, claws with alot of poisons. With its fangs and claws closing in, and my move is ready, I invoke Asura Strike towards its head, heavily injured the Brood Mother, while I received one of its poison(heavy) claw, severely injured my exposed chest. Apparently, my Asura Strike is not enough to kill the Brood Mother, with she right now emitting dark red aura and starting to rushed towards some of its eggs and alive taratects. The Brood Mother eats the eggs and taratects, massively healed her and apparently strenghtened its power. Realizing that I could not win in my current conditions, I immediately charged my aura and invoke aura explosion towards the blocked exit, decently damaged the exit covered webs, I took my mana potions and health potions, drank both of them at the same time and invoke Steel Body along with Aura Explosion at the same time. The exit covered webs finally exposed its hole which only 1 person could fit in, just as I'm gonna escape, a dark red imbued claws with its poison slashed me from behind, critically injured myself.Holding the pain, I dashes towards the room exit and run as fast as I could.Just for precaution, I throw some amplified fire stone towards the exit covered webs, trying to distract the fully healed Brood Mother with the fire. Next time when I return, I will take my redemption.
    As I escaped, critically injured, nearing death state condition,I entered empty room with no monsters around. Barely alive, I drank hp potion, mana potion and antidote, invoking Spirit Recovery.Trying to recover my wounds and removing the poison ailment, I spent 3 hours to stop my bleeding,recovered half of my stamina and vitality, and removing poison(heavy)ailment. Packing up, I embark my journey to find the exit out of the Galant Mine. It took me 4 hours to get out from the mine, only to see Muradin drinking his beer waiting for me at the outside(with his overflowed with mithrils, curse you cheat existence....). We then returned to the village.

Quest
    D Rank(?) mine 5 mithrils (completed) : collected 5 mithrils (Good Quality, thanks to the assist,teaching of Dwarf Muradin)
    Job Quest : Taekwon (2nd requirement(completed)): collect 10 mithrils.
    Character info:
    Muradin BronzeBeard
    Race : dwarf
    Job : Master Smith, Mountain King, Hero (dwarf).
    Weapon : ???? Hammer (materials, quality unidentified), ???? Axe (materials, quality unidentified)
    Skills : Thunder Hammer, Chain Lightning, Thunder Clap, Earth Shaker, Shock Wave, Avatar, rest are ?????????? (too many trump card, damn cheats).

Oi @Ldyrdy , the mithril quest is not ordinary D quest at all, based on my exploration (took me more than 1 day (without sleep), to get out from this mine alive and get the mithrils), the good mithrils are located in the middle and inner section of the 'Galant Mine'(the deeper they are, the finer the quality are). The mining skeletons are indeed located in the mine, BUT only at the outer section of the mine. Starting from the middle and inner section, varieties of monsters are popping around.
    Monsters info from middle to the inner section :
    Middle Section
    -Skeleton Miner Leader (mini boss) : this guy is armed with mithril pickaxe, beware of its attack. Has spinning attack, leaping attack, accompanied with 5 mining skeletons in the fight
    -Small Taratect : human sized spider, can inflict poison (minor) with its attack, attacking in groups (5-7 at least), it is advised to bring lots of antidotes.
    -Vengeful Spirit : Purple color spirit (shape like a wisp),can inflict confusion and fear, reduced physical attack by 50% (it is advised to use magic(in my case,
    aura) imbued equipments,skills,members,jobs).
    -Ghoul : very agile, can inflict sickness ailment, beware.
    Inner section( same variants as the middle section, but with more amounts spawned in each rooms)
    Boss : Mother Taratect (also known as Brood Mother):
    - Poison Fangs :high damage, inflicts poison (heavy)
    - Poison Claws :high damage, inflicts poison (heavy)
    - Web bullets : small damage, bullet like speed, need fast reflexes, inflicts Slow (medium) ailments, can trap you if got hit too many.
    - Poison bullets : small damage, inflicts poison(heavy) ailments
    - Consumes(?): occurs when its critically injured. Dark red aura imbued its body,will rush towards nearby eggs and taratects to consume them.Massive heals for each unit its consumed,doubling its attacks(?)I pressumed, also strenghtened its strenght permanently.(can reach A Rank,possibly raid class if left for too long).
    - Rage Mode: damage Brood Mother surroundings, severely injured her, killing too many taratects will trigger this mode. double its stats and its abilities.
    Boss Rank : pressumably C- Rank , C+ Rank(Rage Mode). Can reach A rank possibly raid class with consumes(?) ability.
    I demand compensation points for this information Guildmaster, I almost died trying to complete this absurb quest. *Sigh* I need to train more (Current strenght C+).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Ldyrdy and Napknight like this.
  18. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    After my master kick me out of his house cause did nothing yesterday, I come to the guild to see what new quests they have.

"Mapping?" This seems easy and don't require too much effort. Mh? There someone want make a party for this? Let's meet them.

@A5G_Reaper

19. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Long story
    A certain morning in the adventurer guild

"I'll take this quest"
    "...."

Seing the quest paper that presented to him, the receptionist rendered speechless.

"I'm sorry but you cannot take this quest"
    "Huh why not?"
    "It clearly stated that you need to be a class that possess a means of long distance attack. Considering your job (which I have no idea what it is about) I don't recommend you to take this quest. Unless, you have a party members who fits the criteria"
    "So, I have to find a party that has someone that fits the criteria?"
    "Yes"
    "But I have no friends..."
    "I'm sorry to hear that, but that is not my problem"
    "Kuh... Fine! I don't need a friend, I'll show you that I could do it just fine! So gimme that quest!"
    "I'm sorry but I can't, rules are rules"
    "Aw... c'mon I already flunked yesterday quest... I need a big quest like this to make up my lost of points"
    "Sigh... I can't let you take this quest, also hurry up. You're holding up the lines"
    "I will not move here until you approve the quest!"
    "How can you be so confident that you could clear this quest? You know you can't do anything if you don't have any means of attacking right?"
    "I do have! I'm pretty good at flinging stuff!"
    "Well I also heard that from those infamous rumors about you... Hmm... I guess I'll give up. But I don't want to be held responsible for anything that happens alright?"
    "Yes!"

After the quest have been approved. I dashed out from the guild. It says in the quest information that the Thunderbird has been spotted in the nearby village, so I walked towards the city gate and continue ro walk on the road that connects the villages and the town.

When I walk on the main road I noticed several glances was directed towards me.

Oh no? Did my cuteness has caused the passerby unable to contain their desires? Fufufu~ I'm such a sinful magical girl.

"Hey, hey, its her right? That crazy girl with suspicious outfits"
    "Yeah, definitely her. The conspicuous adventurer who destroyed all the ice cream stall in the town"
    "Seriously, why the guard haven't arrested that person?"
    "They already did. But haven't you look at what left of the guard station?"
    "Uwaa... scary..."
    "Ssh... don't let her hear you! You don't want to cause a trouble don't you?"

I think I heard something, but probably just my Imagination.

After several hours of walking I have arrived at the said village. I immediately went to the Village Chief house and explained the situation.

"Thank you for coming Adventurer-sama. Honestly, those Thunderbird has caused a lot of problem. Many villager are too afraid to going out of the village because of it"
    "So, how many there are?"
    "We're not entirely sure, but there have been as many as one of them spotted nearby"
    "That's pretty low number"
    "Originaly there have been more than that, but it looks like only one of them made nest around the village"
    "Maybe the other left because the other adventurer chase them out?"
    "That might be the case, but still just one Thunderbird is too much for us villager to handle alone"
    "Well I guess this going to be an easy job then... Fufufu~ Mwahahahaha! Thunderbird, you're going to be converted into my point!"

The Villager Chief was lost at words when looking at the adventurer in front of him. He was a little bit taken aback with the adventurer appearance when he first meet the them but He didn't show it on his face.

"So where's this so called Thunderbird nest is?"
    "Ah... allow me to show you"

The Village Chief along with several men guided me towards north of the village. It was a little bit farther than I thought, but we finally arrived at somekind of a ruin.

"Here we are"
    "This is..."

When I looked at this ruin in a closer inspection, I noticed several details that really out of place in this world.

"Isn't this is a Power Plant!?"
    "Power what?"

There's no mistaking, though I don't know what kind of power plant it is. But I'm clear that this is a Power Plant, if not maybe it somekind of facility related to that.

The evidence is several cables strewn around, a large tower for supplying electric, the smokestacks, a electric symbol in several parts of the building, not to mention those equipment that clearly saying this is something that have anything to do with electricity.

"Okay Adventurer-sama, we will leave you here to do your work"
    "Wait! Wait! I wanted to ask! This ruin... since when it was here?"
    "This ruin? Oh well it been around for... hmm? I can't remember... can you remember?"

The men that accompanies Village Chief also shrugged his shoulder. Since they seem really didn't remember about it, I guess I shouldn't pursue more. I could investigate more when I entered.

"There's no mistaking, this is really somekind of a facility like a Power Plant"

I also saw a sign outside written in moonrunes [カントーはつでんしょ]. But I'm too lazy to read those moon runes so I don't know what it said. What the hell is this place?

When I was trying to clear the mystery I sense something approaching. I readied my Magical Wand (Actually just a Decorated stick) and pointed it towards where the something is approaching.

Then suddenly, something walking out between the large equipments.

"Pika~ Pika~"
    "Aww~ it's a p*kachu~"
    "WAIT! THAT'S NOT IT! WHY THE HELL THERE'S A P*KACHU HERE!?"

Because I suddenly raised my voice, the p*kachu got startled and looked towards my way. It looks pretty frightened, the tail is standing and it glared at me. There's electricity coming out of it cheeks.

"Oh crap..."

It released a surge of lightning towards me! But luckily, I managed to dodge it beforehand because I know what it trying to do.
    After I successfully dodge it I kicked a nearby debris towards it. The trajectory missed by several centimeters from it head. But that successfully made it startled and ran away.

"Phew... that was a close one. I can't hurt small cute stuff like P*kachu after all"

But seriously, what the hell? How could there be a p*kachu here? Am I unknowingly wandered into another game? This is really out of place, even for a manga.

Leaving the thinking for later, I continued searching throughout the Power Plant. Sure enough, not just p*kachu, there's even m*gnemite, m*agneton, v*ltorb, and even p*kachu evolved form R*ichu.

I defeated everything that is neither P*kachu or R*ichu with one hit. Honestly, they aren't cute at all. I wish I have a P*keball with me, that way I could capture a P*kachu and bring it with me.

Well, I just hope I didn't break this world law of physics by entering this place. Then again... this place is so familiar... Don't tell me... the Thunderbird the villager saw is...

Nah, that would be too much even for a trashy web novel. Also, Thunderbird and that creature is different.

"But it wouldn't be a bad joke if that were true... Hahahaha"

10 minutes later...

I take that back, it was a bad joke.

"Hahaha... No kidding..."

That thing glared at me. I think it's angry. Well, I found the "Thunderbird" the villager are looking for but...

This is ain't Thunderbird at all!

Well, in a sense it is. But it is not a Thunderbird that I have been expecting for.
    This is something that a P*kemon Trainer would want to add on their collection. But I'm not a P*kemon Trainer, I don't even have a P*keball.

[Z*pdos used Zap Cannon]
    "Uwaaa!"

I dodged clumsily, as a result my clothes was burnt a bit. But what the hell was that? Suddenly that speech boxes came out of nowhere!

[Z*pdos used Drill Peck]

I dodged another incoming attacks. Honestly, I didn't prepared for this at all. I tried counterattacking by swinging my Magical Wand (Again, just a Decorated stick)

"Eii!"
    [Livingcorpse used Wild Swing]
    "Again? What's with these boxes!?"
    [It missed]
    "This is weird!"

I keep dodging the incoming attacks from Z*pdos but I can't land a hit at all. I keep moving away dodging the attack, its getting harder and harder to do that if this keeps going.

"! Damn it!"

I stumbled a debris causing me to lose balance as a result I was struck by an incoming attack.

"Uwaah!"

Because of the impact when I struck the wall, I became a bit dizzy. But I noticed something weird in my field of vision.

"...Just now? Kuh..."

I barely dodged that follow up attack. But still, I haven't forgotten what I saw. Aiming for the next attack, I prepared myself.

[Z*pdos used Drill Peck]
    "Okay! Now!"

I dodged that one attack and aimed my Magical Wand (again, it just a Decorated stick) at a certain place. Then I throw it towards that place.

*crash*

The wand hit something accompanied with a sound of something breaking. Then after that, the scenery started to blur and change.

The interior of the Factory changed into a normal ruins. The figure of Z*pdos that keep attacking me also changed as well.

The scenery now also changed into a normal abandoned fortress. I glanced at pieces of something in the floor. The identity of something in the floor is what caused what I saw just while ago.

The Illusion crystal. It's a magic item that is used to create a large scale illusions according to the settings used. They usually is used by the military to create a confusion by altering the landscape or the number of the soldiers.

It looks like it was activated by accident when this fortress is abandoned. Since it prone to fault, it could be easily activated and deactivated with just a small amount of magic. Even if it not touched directly. Sometimes, it can't be turned off also. They are rarely used anymore because of that. Not to mention they are crazy expensive. At least that's what Morgan said yesterday.

"Kaaaa"
    "Oh yeah, I forgot.

I turned my attention back towards the Z*apdos, or well? Should I say Thunderbird? Looks like the identity of the illusion is really a Thunderbird.

It attacked me without any warning. It was fast, but I could dodge it with enough room to spare.

When it was a Z*pdos it looked several times larger, that's why it hard to dodge. But now it's smaller, so I have room to spare, and that annoying speech boxes is nowhere to be seen. But still it was fast.

"Chance!"

I jumped and performed a splendid dropkick towards the Thunderbird when it tried to charge at me. It looks like it was impatient when I could dodge it easily now.

The dropkick connected to The Thunderbird and sent it flying towards the floor. I then used the momentum of the fall to stomp the Thunderbird right in the head.

*splash*

I heard that gruesome sound.
    Okay, its done now. Now I just need to collect the proof of subjugation and submit it to the Guild.

There's some problem in the way but I guess its mission complete? Well this situation is pretty weird at the start, but it's not rare for a frontier fortress like this to have one of those illusion crystal. Especially an old one like this. Maybe, when this fortress was overrun with monster, they forgot to take it when evacuating?

Well, all well ends well. But there's still one question remains...

"Why P*kemon?"

Oh well... I shouldn't think it too hard less my Imagination would run wild.

That's what I muttered on the way back towards the town.

20. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice Story :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.