Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm..."

Fu stares at the haunted sword.

"Hmmmmmmmmm..."

Fu continues to stare at the haunted sword.

"Welp, good job. Here are 25 Large Copper Coins to split and 4 points each."

Fu took out a bug net, a container with small holes and a jar of honey. "Seems like there are too many pesky insects leaving annoying items around again..."

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  2. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul accidentally overhears, "Did I hear something about new books...and myths? Those are two of my favorite things!"

Nurman likes this.
  3. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wow, I honestly didn't think you two would make it back in one piece. Here's the 27 Large Copper Coins to split and 4 points each. And here's an extra 10 Large Copper Coins to Selvia for securing the kid."

Fu turns to Jack and pats Jack's shoulder, "Good job, I noticed that you didn't litter. I appreciate murderous stabby people like you who notice the small things. You know, there was once this murderous hobo, quite the piece of work that one. One day..."

Fu then proceed to recount an adventure of an adventurer from a distant land.

4. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Is that intention spite? Huh? Huuuh?))
    [​IMG]

Zone Q11 and Nurman like this.
  5. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    *rubs a hand full of salt on Jack*

leegood, Arcturus and SpearOfLies like this.
  6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    m05tyj9e12k11.jpg

leegood, Arcturus, Zone Q11 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out...."

Pausing, he thought for a bit, the extra reward was probably going last him a while. But, with his current track record with getting a quest. It wouldn't hurt to keep in touch and help out whatever the guy was planning to do. "...say, if ya ever need some help with the library just call me,"

After all, if the only enemy was the church than it was going to be an easy job for him since he already knew most of their patrol routes. He just needed to grab a map of the town and watch them for a bit. And boom, he would be practically untouchable unless somebody reported him to the thieves guild or the church or the guards or the other enemies the receptionist might have or if he was outside the city. But, besides all that he was basically untouchable if he wasn't caught.

Nurman likes this.
  8. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realizing someone might accidentally stumble into his prize Finn awkwardly coughed and said "I'm pretty sure you won't like that book because it's about uhh the human empire ya know the evil one. Isn't that right..."

Looking for a hard second at the receptionist he realized he didn't know the guys name. Oh well, who knows he might get right.

"...Ron?"

@Nurman

Arexio likes this.
  9. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sol didn't know if the report was fine. He could only give it to the receptionist.
    Sol arrived to the orc bar(?). He felt very trouble by this quest. 'How I am supposed to take this quest seriously when even a child orc can beat that orc?' Sol thought.

"Who is Garrosh?" Sol asked as he entered the place.
    A group of orcs point to a certain orc in the corner. 'He... look different from the rumours' The orc didn't seem young and arrogant. He look more like a veteran warrior. Someone who actually travel a lot.

"Are you Garrosh?" Sol asked to make sure he didn't get the wrong orc.
    "Are you from the Adventurer's Guild?" The orc asked back.
    "I'm here for the drinking challenge quest." Sol wasn't particularly happy that the orc didn't answee.
    "Less talk and more beer." The orc ordered two mugs of beer.

The mugs was strangely bigger than the normal mugs in the tavern. Sol was surprised by that size.
    "Scared?" The orc smirked as he was taunting him.
    "Less talk and more beer." Sol started to drink from his mug.

After the fifth mug, he started to suspect that he got the wrong orc, but he had no way to prove it. He could only take the challenge more seriously.

Sol collapsed after the 12th mug. It took a while for him to wake up.
    "You are no bad for a human." The orc was waiting him while eating some food.
    "Are you really Garrosh?" Sol was very unsure about the validity of the quest.
    The orc started to laugh.
    "Don't worry about it."

After leaving the bar(?), Sol was still slightly confused about the whole thing.

OoC: I don't know it's fine. I wasn't very sure about how take the quest. Knock out the same guy over and over again after 3 mugs seem pretty boring as quest. So you can take it as me as player interprete the requester 'Garrosh, the unbeatable drinker' as name of organisation of orcs or the translation of bar(I'm unsure about how it's a bar in a medieval-fantasy setting)'s name from Orcish with orcs that enjoy challenging adventurers. The trick is that we as adventurers will never suspect isnot the name of a single orc. The orcs in the bar will simply point toward one of the orcs in the place as 'Garrosh'.

@AliceShiki

Arexio likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as long as Mary-chan and Saito-kun are happy, there should be no problems at all~

Thanks for the hard work, the reward is of 10 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

Arexio likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, so much for giving the guards a break... Guess not everything can go as planned...

No doubt you helped them though, even if... Almost a month late? Oh well, a job well done is a job well done, they didn't seem to complain about the late reinforcements for sure~

The reward will be of 8 Large Copper Coins for each, as well as 4 Guild Points for each too~

Take care now~

((*pokes @Haxagen too*))

Haxagen likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Oooooh, this is pretty clever, nice way of handling it~))

Well, you tried your best Sol-san, but you failed in beating him, so you don't get the 4 Large Copper Coins though~

However, Garrosh was happy with your performance, so you're getting 2 Guild Points for your hard work~

Better luck next time~

13. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul's face instantly hardens, "Ah, the Empire...I came from a small territory there. Was forced to leave under not so pleasant circumstances..."

Ryul looks away as he reminisces and seemingly forgets the presence of Finn completely.

14. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noticing that this was his chance, Finn quickly backed away towards the exit. Hopefully he could make it before Ron or the new guy asked him anymore questions.

Arexio likes this.
  15. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Injured People Needed [Taken by @Blitz] [Taken by @Razogul] [Available]
    Requester: Mother Superior of Ophelia's Temple
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: Free Healing for your Injuries
    Description: Some new priestess have joined the temple and are being trained in Healing Magic. While they already have some practice with wounded animals, they lack experience in healing actual people.
    The requester wishes for wounded adventurers to come to the temple and let the novice healers tend to their wounds... While they are not completely without experience, they are still novices and may commit mistakes.
    No monetary reward is being offered as Wounds healed for free is enough of a reward. Any adventurer that ends up worse off than they initially were have no right to complain as they took the request fully aware the healers are novices.
    This Quest can be taken multiple times within the week, though only once per adventurer.

Razogul comes in and puts a book on the table where the receptionist is.

"Here's the report, and also, here's something that may interest the guild."
    "Seems like an easy quest, but sadly, I'm not injured. I guess I'll go to the forest and see if I pile up any injuries while training. Hopefully, the priestess can heal me after I get injured."

Getting his equipment ready, Raz exits the tavern and starts walking out of the town. However, while trying to leave, a young boy bumps into him.

Steadying himself, he looks at the kid who hurriedly says, "Sorry!" and promptly leaves the scene quickly.

"Kids, always trying to do stuff, speaking of which, maybe I should buy something on the way back?"

Putting his hands on his waist, he feels his pouch missing for his money. He then frantically goes over himself until he remembers that kid. An evil smile goes on his face and says, "That brat! I'm going to find him!"

Saying this with conviction, Raz goes in the direction of where the kid left in, towards the outskirts of the town. Rushing as fast as he can go, he finally spots the kid. Seeing this, he hurries up as he's running away from the scene and catches him.

Feeling a hand holding him in place, the kid says, "Let go!" before looking back and sees Raz, smiling. His tone suddenly goes down and says, "Oh no..."

Seeing the familiar pouch on the boy's waist, he grabs it and sees the other person come over. Himself looking very angry as well, yelling "Give me back my money!"

Seeing this, the kid throws the money the pouch back at the man and says, "I can leave now, right!?"

Seeing that both of them are satisfied, Raz lets go and says, "Next time, don't do this. Who knows who you may steal from that may backfire on you. Now, scram!"

Letting go of the boy, the boy nods nervously and runs through an alleyway. Seeing he's truly gone, he checks his pouch and counts his money.

"Seems like it's all there, good. Hopefully, that kid doesn't get in any more trouble."

Seeing he detoured quite a bit, he rubs his eyebrows and starts exiting the town. However, unbeknownst to him, a black-robed hooded figure evilly smiles and follows him.

Arriving at the forest, Raz goes to a clear area while encountering some wildlife. He looks around and goes further inside. Looking around, he spots a fairly empty place in the forest and nods.

"This should do. Hmm, what the receptionist told me before about strength without a purpose will lead me down to a path of misery. I guess it's just to protect those close to me in all honesty. I can't think of any other reason off of the top of my head."

Shrugging, he decides to practice his manipulation at water using his Ki. After gathering some of his Ki, he attempts to manipulate it in different ways. However, requiring trial and error, he soon finds out how much of a pain it is.

"It seems like having a foundation beforehand will help me in the long run. It's one thing to do a ball of water and launch it, but to manipulate it so much requires some concentration and practice."

During the trial and error, a few hours later, it provides some fruit to his efforts. Putting his hand out, he puts out his fingers and focuses Ki in each of them. Water starts gathering at the tip into the shape of a small ball.

"Water Bullet!" saying this, Raz uses his skill and sees several of them launch at a great speed and hit a tree, leaving a partial dent in it.

Going forward to see it, he nods a bit but frowns.

"It still takes too much time to do it instantly. I'll need to keep practicing."

Sitting down, he starts regaining his Ki back to full strength yet again. However, shortly after he gets his Ki back, he notices something odd. The forest was quiet, dead quiet. Nothing could be heard.

Seeing something isn't right, he gets up and says, "I got a bad feeling about this, I should get out of here!"

Attempting to leave, he feels some sort of weapon grazes his left arm. Escaping a bit further, he turns around and sees his assailant.

It was a person of average height, the black robe going down to their feet, the hood on their head, making it difficult to determine their appearance. There was, however, the same fox symbol that was in a blood-red color in the middle of the robe. In their right hand is an odd red-colored shortsword. Seeing this, he yelled, "Who are you!"

The person didn't talk but attacked yet again, however, now that he knows who's there, Raz dodges barely in time and shoots a water ball at their arm.

Seeing the robe get torn and their arm bleeding, he only sees that person smile.

"What are you, a masochist!?" yelling this at him, he sees some sort of faint red glow on the hooded figure's sword. Having a bad feeling, Raz hurriedly goes to the right and slashes at the same time.

Appearing at his left side again, the hooded figure attempts to cut at him again. However, compared to before, it was not as deep.

At the same time, Raz's sword slashes at their waist and uses his Ki to enhance his sword's sharpness. It soon cuts down and goes through half of his torso, before stopping.

Kicking him after slicing him, Raz pushes him to the ground and thrusts his sword into the person's skull. Pulling out the sword, he sees the person's body go limp.

Taking off the hood of the assailant, he sees a middle-aged man, having all black hair. When looking at his forehead, he saw the same fox-symbol.

"Jesus, what the hell did I do to get this treatment!? Let's see if he has anything on him that is worth salvaging."

Feeling pain in his left arm, he says, "Damn, at least I have an injury for the quest at least. But god, I didn't expect this to happen. I should try and stop the bleeding a bit."

Seeing that person's robe, he cuts off some of the cloth and ties it around like a makeshift bandage, making sure to wipe off any blood beforehand.

"That should stop the bleeding for now... but I should get it checked at the church. Let's see what this person has now."

Looking inside the person's robe, Raz sees a book with the same colored fox symbol on it. It is titled, "The Everlasting Life" on the front in blood-red writing.

"Odd book, let's see the sword now... what!?" trying to get the sword, the sword suddenly vanishes out of thin air.

"Was it made out of the person's magic? Or was it set to be destroyed on that person's life? I should leave, for now, otherwise, more of these people may come back."

Getting up, he starts reading the book while going back to town. Seeing the writing inside, his facial expressions get worse as time goes on.

"Damn! This must be their sort of scripture. I should take this to the guild, there are some sick and twisted things that are planned. Even this, "Gaining power through mass sacrifice" thing is twisted."

Finally arriving at Ophelia's Temple, he puts the book in his sack and goes to see the new healers. Raz is then guided to one of the rooms by the novice healers and sits on the bed.

"So, I'm here from the Adventurer's Guild for this quest. I will be in your care." saying this as he gets comfy, the healer next to him says, "While we have done this on animals, you're one of our first humans. Thank you for helping us in this endeavor."

Seeing her go next to him, she starts using her healing magic on his arm. His wounds start going away shortly after.

"Try and move your arm a little, see if there's any pain or discomfort." hearing this, Raz moves his arm around and says, "Nope, it's all healed. Thank you very much."

Smiling, she says, "No problem, have a nice day."

"You too."

Raz exits the temple and starts going back to the guild. He prepares the book to hand in the receptionist and sighs.

"This is going to be a pain in the future, isn't it?"
    Almost had my money stolen by a kid, told him to not do it again as he ran off.
    Trained a bit and managed to get better at manipulating water.
    Got attacked by a hooded figure, got injured and went to the temple to get healed.
    Found a book about some cult on the dead body, gave it to the guild for further inspection.
    @Nurman

Arexio likes this.
  16. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: The Big One [Available] ( @TiggerBane is interested in partying for this one.)
    Requester: Grom, Nagrand's Mayor
    Quest rank: C
    Rewards: 60 Large Copper Coins
    Description: A large creature has been spotted in the forest to the west. It is large enough to break trees when leaning on them, or at least as heavy. The lumberjack who reported this is still very disturbed. Go to the forest, ascertain the creature and hunt it before it reaches the town vicinity. The quest fails if damages are caused to the town's outskirts, wall, citizens, or travelers within Nagrand's defense perimeter.

A ragged gourd half-carrying half-dragging an unconscious Elaine followed by a drunk-looking winged woman came into the guild for report, slapping it down on Fu's desk.
    "I will throw them both in the fire if this happens." Kathicia has her wings pop out and then runs away to get changed.

"Ah, haven't seen you before. I'm Gourd, this is Elaine. Nice to meet you." A gourd greeted the new party member, a confident-looking woman with lingering stench of blood following her.

"I'm Kathicia a blood angel nice to meet you two." Kathicia is wearing her full battle armour with her wings out.

"Alright, I've got my map, now follow me..."

"Where'd you even get a map? We just need to go west."

"I've had this map since the very beginning!"

Elaine sticks out her chest, proud.

"You got lost more often than I can count."

Whilst looking at the map that Elaine is holding Kathicia begins thinking, "But it has no marker of where we are going... or where we are"

"I got this! This way!"

Elaine insisted, beginning to walk off.

((AND THEY ALL GOT LOST))

A gourd grabbed Elaine by the scruff of her neck like some lost kitten.

"That's south. We should leave west, there'd be plenty of lumberjacks to ask around."

"T-That was just to see if you could tell!"

"Yes yes, we believe you."

Kathicia decides to follow the thing called mr. Gourd.

"That's some piece of work."

It used to be a perfectly fine forest clearing until something big, heavy, and slow stomped through and toppled or otherwise broke the trees on its way. Like a boulder rolling in slow motion.

"Well, I guess we just need to follow it."

"Should have borrowed a ballista."

Elaine mumbled.

"It looks like a large rock rolled through the forest." Kathicia goes up into the air to look for the end of the destruction but doesn't see it in either direction.

"Well, even Elaine can't get lost on this. I hope. Let's just trail it."

After having started hovering just above the ground, Kathicia begins talking, "I can't even see the end of this trail."

Soon, the trail turned left, and then right, and then right again.

"I'm just going to fly in a straight line over this bye see you later~" Kathicia flies away from the two ground dwellers and heads in a straight line over all the turns.

"Call us if you see it!" He shouted at the rapidly vanishing girl.

Elaine stares at the flying person, deadpan.

"Hopefully nothing will shoot her down."

"Come on Elaine, that's rude."

"Found anything?"

Kathicia waits at the end of the twisting pathway for the other two whilst having a nap.

"No I stopped here because I thought it would be night when you two got out so we may as well stop here~" Kathicia goes back to napping as the sun begins setting.

"What a carefree person. Let's stop for the day, then."

Elaine walks over to a suitable tree, and disappears up into the branches within seconds.

"The town's right around the corner." He flatly said. "I can work overnight. What about you two?"

"We have no clue what we are up against and little idea what else is currently in the forest, it's a bad idea to continue in my opinion. Also rest is important!" Kathicia points to the dead wolf with a fan in it's head.

"Fine, lets continue tomorrow. I usually camp outside anyway, inns are expensive."

"You can eat the wolf if you want, though I wouldn't light a fire." Kathicia looks at the leaves and sticks strewn around.

A gentle snoring was heard in the trees.

The gourd picked another tree to lay on and nibbled on a dried jerky. Until tomorrow. Then the hunt resume.

A silent angel lay upon the floor, looking beautiful on the cleared tree trail~

The next morning...

"Let's move! Elaine, get up already."

Kathicia feels a rumbling.

"I'm awake already!"

"Feel that? I think it's coming closer..." he looked at a pebble clattering. Yep, definitely a minor quake.

"The tree crowns are quite thick, my vantage point won't be giving much information, bu---What the heck? It's coming this way!"

Kathicia flies up into the air and notes that ahead is a creature with...

[​IMG]

three horns and a frill upon it's head standing upon it's hind legs which is taller than the surrounding trees but fairly slow.

"What can you see from up there? My view's blocked by the trees!"

Elaine shouts, contemplating whether to hop off and fight on the ground, or not.

"It's some kind of lizard I think, but it's standing on it's hind legs and has three massive horns it's taller than the trees." Kathicia continues staring at the massive creature.

"If memory serves, most lizards are cold blooded and hate fire, but we can't set the forest alight, so we'll have to kill it manually!"

"Cold blooded would mean they like fire..."
    "That's... not how it work." He draw his blade. "Just bleed the bastard."

"Okay then, I'll watch your backs!"

"I think I'll watch the back... All I have is bladed fans after all." Kathicia begins to whistle.

"Arcane Armament." The gourd materialized his enchantment. "So, who got first dibs?"

"You."

"With pleasure."

Blade and shield aglow violet, he lightly stepped toward the creature. It's almost three times his height with bulk to match, one of its arm was larger than himself but he wasn't really fazed. The first fist fell toward him, but a light half-step right put him out of harm's way. He flit behind the creature while leaving a bleeding gash on the arm, followed by several more on its leg as he danced around the clumsy beast.

Elaine watches from the trees, looking for a chance to jump in.

"Kathicia waits in the skies above it waiting until the creature roars or some such.

A tail sweep. He hopped over it, nicking the fifth limb as it passed underneath. It swung for his head, but he ducked leaving only the blade's edge in the trajectory. It slapped a bunch of pebbles his way, he retreated and allowed his shield to take what he couldn't dodge. The creature got on all four and charged with surprising burst of speed, but a knife flung to the eye broke its trajectory as it plowed into a tree while bellowing in pain.

"Just how tough is this thing? The bleeding is slight but it adds up."

When the creature bellows in pain Kathicia throws her first bladed fan directly down it's throat, and then flies towards it's eye with the other two bladed fans pulled out. "Heh this is going to be fun." Swiping at the creatures eye Kathicia immediately pulls up and away after hitting it directly in the eye with the fan. "If it bleeds kvavr decrees that it can die!" Having struck at the creatures eye Kathicia had retreated back into the air.

"Good strike!" He applauded the cunning blow, the beast would bleed to death from the blades inside its mouth and its blinded so it couldn't really harm any of them. "Now we just need to wait!"

"We can help it along so let us continue bleeding it dry!"

"I can't really reach the important organs." He tapped the broken blade. "My primary stabbing implement is out of service."

Seeing a chance appear in the form of the blinded beast, Elaine leapt to another tree, then another, until she was almost directly beside the monstrous beast. Then, jumping off the tree with a loud cry, she jammed her rapier into the monster's hide, using that as a foothold to clamber up to the monster's head. It tried to squash her.

"PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN!"

Surprisingly, it worked just long enough for her to give it a few piercings about the brain, and duck aside as the monster swiped at it's own head in irritation. Thinking that she had dealt enough damage, she kept her rapier and made her way off the thrashing beast, landing on the ground with a soft thump.

"That should be enough? I'm not getting close to that."

The creature in question was unbalanced and teteering on the brink, but it thrashed with abandon as death crept closer. The gourd think it's better to just wait it expire from the accumulated damage than to risk injuries killing it a few minutes faster.

Without warning, the beast's fur begun glowing a weird shade of red, and it bellowed louder, before lowering it's head to charge at a nearby row of trees, completely smashing them into pieces.

"What the?!"

"What in the world- after it!"

Damned beast went berserk all of sudden, where'd it get that burst of strength? Worst of all, it rushed toward Nagrand for some reason. The gourd sprint after it, barely keeping up since it had to smash through trees and the occasional boulder or depression on the ground.

He struck the same leg several times, but even with the muscle in pieces it barely slowed as if it felt none of the pain. The enchantment on his blade faded first, in fact. The endurance was rather bullshit.

"A little help here?!"

After the creature change colour, Kathicia's eyes slowly develop blood red tinting, after the fact she pulls out her two pitch black swords, then she turns the blood of the creature into a ball. Kathicia deposits the two swords into the blood bubble. After leaving them she pulls out her two fans and dives at the being, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" Upon arriving at it she swings her fans at it drawing it's attention towards herself and begins darting around it whilst slowly chipping away at it's body with her fans. The blood draining away from the body towards the bubble.

"It won't stay still! It's ridiculously difficult to catch up!"

Elaine ran after them with all her might, but all she could do was to keep up, not close the distance.

It's fine to be a guardian. But the better choice is to be a warlike one. If this beast reaches the city, innocent people will die.

"I know that much! But what should I do? The rapier isn't long enough and I have no ranged attacks!"

The enraged Kathicia's eyes continue to darken as she continues zipping around the body of the beast making little cuts in it and drawing the blood into the bubble. "SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" Kathicia proceeds to make a circle around the beings head slowly cutting at the neck area which causes her to be caught in waves of blood.

"Aaah, shite." He groaned. "I'll stop it for a few seconds, can you kill it or maim its leg at least?!"

"I'll try but...no guarantees."

"Good enough!"

He strapped his blade and draw one of the throwing knives, with a single motion stabbed his own left hand through. He recovered enough to use a little bit of his Brands now, but what he had in mind had a much higher toll that that. Some blood need to be paid.

"Dart."

He jumped again midair, runic circle lit on his soles as an unseen force propelled him forward. He overtook the beast and keep up the rush before judging that it's sufficient distance, grabbing a tree branch to perch on.

"Ready! Redshift!"

A strong wave of numbness spread from his left shoulder to the tip of the fingers, the Redshift Brand glowed thick blood-red fter consuming the cost. An acrid stench of burnt flesh spread from the Brand alongside a sensation of weakness that jolted through his whole body, momentarily blacking out and very nearly falling over down.

What was it that he paid such cost to create?

To answer the question, a crimson barrier materialized blocking the beast's path. It glowed so thickly that it's almost opaque, even though the actual thickness wasn't much more than a glass pane. But if anyone expected it to be as fragile, they're in for an unpleasant surprise.

It impacted with a deafening crash, nary a crack on the Redshift Barrier. The strong jolt dazed the beast, temporarily stilled it from any semblance of movement.

"Kill it!"

The barrier started to flicker. No better time than now to inflict some grievous injury.

She was still rather far away when the barrier went up, and she cursed her own lack of running speed. At that kind of distance, the beast might break free by the time she reached it.

So, in desperation, she unknowingly tapped into her innate source of mana. Like most people, she was also born with one, but simply never utilized it up until now.

Please, reach it. I'm not asking to kill it, but at least take out a limb. Don't let it rampage any further.

A sudden bout of dizziness struck her, causing Elaine to slow down momentarily, cradling her head with her free hand. Looking down, she noticed that her hand, the one holding the rapier, was glowing. Something was enveloping the blade.

"..."

As if she had performed that action a hundred times before. Gently pulling back, levelling the tip at an opponent, and finally, thrusting it forward with all of her strength. It was still too far, but she had a hunch it would work out.

In response, the conical layer of light surrounding the blade extended out, forming a single, translucent spike that flew forward quickly. It struck the hindquarters of the beast, and managed to serrate away a good part of the leg.

"Haaaah...haaaah..."

Then, Elaine collapsed.

After the creature had been handicapped with the almost complete removal of one of it's legs Kathicia had kept slowly chipping away at it's neck. After a time the creature was extremely close to death, the skin around it's neck had been completely severed along with large parts of other vital organs almost splitting the creature into two major parts, the skull and the body. The skull slowly begins to fall off the creature as the last amount of blood enters into the air.

(The ball of blood descends around the creature as it's body starts to massively heat up due to some reaction occurring within it. As soon as it's completely encircled Kathicia yells, "LET THE GALAXY BURN." and proceeds to start laughing maniacially. Whilst the creature's innards begins to start steaming and explodes into flames, which are immediately doused by the blood bubble surrounding it. ((THIS IS NOT REPORTED AS NO ONE SAW IT>.<!)))

After this Kathicia settles down for a nice nap inside the cleanly picked skull of the beast!

"Setting it on fire is a bit unnecessary." A deadpan gourd commented after he saw what remained of the beast. "We can dismantle it later, I guess? Still a bit hot to touch. The cut on his left hand had burned shut from the overextension, but the lance of pain continued.

Still, he pressed it against the sizzling hot spine of the giant lizard. His Brands glowed for a second before he let go, grabbling Elaine in a fireman carry before hobbling back to the guild.

-Got a huge lizard's corpse. Internal organ's toast but the hide and bone are usable for whatever.
    -It suddenly went berserk when it's dying, almost like it's on drug.
    -Technically no damage is dealt to the town's outskirts, wall, citizens, or travelers within Nagrand's defense perimeter. But quite a wide swath of trees are toppled. Totally not our fault!
    @Nurman @shad12ow @Haxagen @TiggerBane

Arexio, Nurman, TiggerBane and 2 others like this.
  17. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    Fu gives Raz a weird look and backs away, "Eh, good job getting hurt?"

Picking up the notice, Fu reads the quest objective again.

"Ah! So you're not a masochist!"

Looking at Raz and still slowly backing off, "Good job... Ah, welp no use standing around, feel free to grab another quest..."

Shooing Raz away Fu hoped that Raz's misfortune didn't rub off on him.

Razogul, A5G_Reaper and Hirame like this.
  18. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good job! I noticed that there weren't any news of a inferno brewing in the forest. Here's 60 Large Copper Coins to split and 6 guild points each."

Feeling pleased that the guild didn't receive any written complaints about this group trouble makers, Fu moved his attention to the lizard's corpse. Taking out a small artefact and placing it on the corpse, Fu turned his attention to the confused adventurers.

With a smile he explained, "This little toy is something that a friend picked up from the Holy Tower of Babel, apparently it'll allow us to revisit a random moment of it's [redacted], I'm hoping to learn of this lizard's origins..."

"Oh..."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Haxagen, A5G_Reaper and Hirame like this.
  19. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "You're busted, apparently." The gourd symphatetically patted he angel's shoulder.

Haxagen likes this.
  20. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I've finish the request"
    “A spirit huh~ I can’t use spells so I guess asking the church to help is the only way”

Fen walks toward the church and asks the priest to apply holy magic to spear, then he exits the town heading for Lakeside village

|At Lakeside Village|

Fen enters the small church at Lakeside village and walks toward someone sitting on the bench
    “Are you the one who accept my request?” The man asked

“Yes, My name is Fen. Could you be Monti?”

*Monti nods his head* “Shall we start? I already evacuate other priests”

“Is it safe to do it here? The spirits might damage the church.”

“It’s still better than causing damages to the village and other people”

“That’s true”

Monti places the bell on the table and chanting something, then the moment later the spirits pass through wall aiming for us.

“Just concentrate on getting the spirit out of the bell”

“Okay! Happy hunting Fen.”

Fen walks towards nearest spirit.

((What’s is this!? A holy element doesn’t work? It feels so slow when I slice through them))

Fen is having a hard time killing spirit since his weapon barely deal any damage to them

((Ahhhh! What can I do? This is useless. I hope they just disappear…))

Fen hopeless empty his mind prepare for the worst but he reminds something and cut through spirit for last time with his axe in a weird way(?). The spirit vanishes away and because of that fen stop suddenly stop his momentum and falls.

“Was I hallucinating? This axe doesn’t have any holy magic applied to it.” Fen attack the nearest spirit “What is this feeling? Why am I have this pattern of attack that can kill the spirit?”

Fen’s eyes wide open “The ceremony! The swords are heavy because they need momentum to pass through spirit at the right speed? But can those techniques apply to other weapons?” Fen quickly remove all his armours, drops his spear to the floor and take a stance with an axe “No! I’ll bet everything in this technique to turn the table” Fen closes his eyes and begins the sword dance with an axe.

*mumbling* “Now… I get it. The ceremony is not for only calm and gives the energy the spirits but also purify them. Once you perform sword dance, you purify the impure spirit then part of contaminations vanish.” *smile* “In other words, every sword dance skill can link together and became a tool to cleanse spirits!” Fen keeps concentrating on dancing without knowing that all the spirit are gone.

“Oi Fen! I finish the purification how about your side?”

Fen starts to slow his movement and eventually stop. Fen opens his eyes and replies to Monti.

“Not bad, I dealt with spirits”
    *mumbling* “I guess”

“I guess!?”

“No, It’s nothing. Let’s go tell other priests the good news.”

Fen leaves the church then checks his damages on his body and equipment

*sighs* “This is the worst~”
    *sighs* leaves the guild hall with broken gears
    @AliceShiki

Arexio likes this.