Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayumi looks at Plumeria, confused, before nodding, whilst mumbling to herself: "Did I do something wrong? Perhaps I misremembered?"
    Ayumi clicks her tongue upon hearing this.
    Without hesitation, Ayumi confirms it: "Yes we are. I am Ayumi, and fighting for justice is my purpose."

A5G_Reaper and michael.kx5 like this.
  2. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy about being called Sensei Rei sported a wide goofy smile before catching herself in the act and assuming a stoic expression again.
    "Ah, there should be one in the guild hall itself. You can ask the receptionist for further details"
    "Hehehe, why did you click your tongue little Ayumi? Are you.intrested in learning Ki arts as well?"
    Suddenly Rei's teasing tone has changed and she showed a rarely seen dark expression on her face"
    You should also know that justice is relative little miss.
    There is a lot of grey in this world.
    Take it from someone who lived here for over 50 years."
    Rei was hoping Ayumi wouldn't notice the fact that she was still 'inexperienced' enough to get teased by Jack, even after living for 50 years.

kyuukestu, A5G_Reaper and Blackwater like this.
  3. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    Having been exposed about listening in on the conversation, Ayumi looks away, slightly embarrassed.

But upon hearing what Rei says about justice, Ayumi strongly disagrees: "The only things grey are those not judged yet!"

4. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see. You are still at that age where you can only comprehend things as black and white. It is not exactly bad but ....one day you will learn of the existence we adults call [Necessary Evil]"
    Rei sounded cool words but inside she was happy Ayumi didn't notice her blunder from that night with Jack.

A5G_Reaper and Blackwater like this.
  5. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayumi fails to understand what Rei means with necessary evil, and also fails to notice Rei's hidden delight. "There is nothing like a necessary evil. People are either guilty or innocent. It is my responsibility to judge and punish others. An evil that was done to another always begets a punishment, no matter its purpose. Whoever does something evil should be aware of this fact. Even if you do something evil to achieve a better outcome, it must be judged and punished. You may bear the punishment with pride, but you must still bear the punishment."

michael.kx5 likes this.
  6. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm. I see. I underestimated your resolve. I apologize for that. You are certainty not mistaken. However you must never jump to conclusions and judge someone as guilty without the chance to observe the situation on both ends. A justice is blind, and must always be impartial. And even if they are guilty you must take into account the weight of their sins compared to the weight of the punishment. Otherwise You might find yourself one day regretting you killed someone you shouldn't have"

Rei smiled and patted Ayumi's shoulder.
    "I have a feeling we could get a long well, if we ignore the Gourd matter"

A5G_Reaper and Blackwater like this.
  7. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "I will always give those guilty a chance to repent. Only if there is no other choice shall I send them to the afterlife." Ayumi manifests and lifts her sword, unsheathing it so that Rei can see the blade.

On one side of the blade is written: "I spare no one" - "Nothing protects one from one's guilt." explains Ayumi.

The other side has the inscription: "When this Sword I do lift - I wish the sinner the eternal life as gift." - which Ayumi explains like this: "Death is the ultimate punishment, and it should absolve the sinner of all guilt. If it does not suffice, I will take the guilt onto myself."

"It is improper for a man to have more than one relationship with a girl at once, and it is improper for a girl to approach a man in a relationship like that," says Ayumi in a single breath, before smugly continuing: "But if you tell me about Ki, I'll consider your guilt towards me absolved."

8. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    Rei curiously observed the swords that manifested in front of her from out of nowhere.
    Where was she hiding those? Or is it a unique magic skill of Ayumi?
    "I see....... How intriguing. So You can summon these swords at will? How?
    Well anyway, I guess I can teach you about ki in general.
    Ki is a power that is born from mixing your spirit force with your life force.
    However such combination is not naturally born so it is no easy feat to force them together. Training your body and willpower for many years is one of those ways, and how I manifested mine.
    Ki arts are largely more versatile than magic and are more effected by the user's personality and traits"

Blackwater likes this.
  9. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "This sword is a part of me." Ayumi attempts to explain, and then starts listening to Rei's explanation surprisingly attentively.

Then comes the question: "So, what are life force and spirit force?"

10. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "Uhhh. That's kinda hard to explain.
    Spiritual force feels like WHOOSH, and life force feels like BADAM, kinda?"

Arexio, A5G_Reaper and Blackwater like this.
  11. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "Like WOHOSH and BAADAM?" Asks Ayumi, trying to emulate the sound with wide movements with her arms.

12. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "No No, WHOOSH and BADAM......you know what? nevermind. Tell me more about how you manifested that sword. You said that it was a part of yourself? What exactly did you mean by that?"

AliceShiki, A5G_Reaper and Blackwater like this.
  13. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "WHOOSH and BADAM... I think I'm slowly getting it? Well, it's a part of myself. I just have to pull it out, and it appears. I just have to concentrate, like HNNNGH, and then, I just have to grasp and pull it out - you know, like SCHOING."

14. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "HNNNGH and Then SCHOING? But tht would mean.. .I see...... certainly that is possible. Umu Umu. That was a possibility. Hey Ayumi, could it be you died once?"

15. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, you understand?" Ayumi shouts, rather surprised.

With a shudder, Ayumi answers: "And yes, I did die..."

16. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "I knew it. Otherwise the feelings you described wouldn't make sense. It is usually impossible for a living human to manifest their very soul and being as physical objects. However it is quite similar to something I heard from a friendly lich I met some time ago.
    Do you...want to talk about it? I can tell you my own story in exchange"

17. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well... I don't remember too much about what happened before I arrived in this world. I only know that I tried to stop some sort of criminal, but I failed, and..." Ayumi shudders, and her eyes get teary. "t-they ate me."

18. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    Rei immediately took the younger girl who was taller than her and hugged her while patting her head with one hand her back with the other.
    "There there, good girl.
    You can cry if you want to.
    Holding it inside bad for your health, both mentally and physically.
    So just let it all out.
    Let me tell you a funny story in the meantime about a certain Strong Oni and the curse of the Lady in the lake........... And that's how I ended up in Nagrand like this"

OOC: I am not gonna write the whole story here, imagine the next scene as mid story or after Rei is done telling it.

AliceShiki and Blackwater like this.
  19. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayumi cries at first until her tears slowly fade and she starts to giggle and chuckle whilst Rei tells her story. In the end, she is laughing loudly. After quickly wiping away what remains of her tears, Ayumi comments on the story: "Really? That happened to you? That's quite... unique, I'd say."

michael.kx5 likes this.
  20. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes, I agree. It's not all bad though. Being so young again, and Getting a chance to redo my life and cultivation. It also taught me quite a few things about a woman's perspective.
    I could have gone without the monthly problem though.
    Hahahaha..."
    After s short laugh Rei continued.

"Feeling better now friend?"