Spoiler After Being Picked up by the Top Alpha

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Apaylia blackrose, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Being Picked up by the Top Alpha
    [​IMG]

Novel Summary
    As the most beautiful omega from the Silver Moon clan in the last decade, Yu Lan was abducted as a young child.

When he was about to be sold to a wealthy businessman at the age of 22, he managed to escape.

Barefoot and running desperately.

-And ended up crashing into the arms of a man.

When Yu Lan first met Shao Mingyu, the man was handsome and elegant, and with a calm expression, he said to him, “I won’t touch you, come back with me.”

So Yu Lan was ignorantly picked up by the man and moved into his manor.

He didn’t know why the man took care of him, but he hid his affection within his heart. He obediently took inhibitors on a regular basis, not wanting to lose himself during his heat and do something… something terrible to this man he had a crush on.

Until one day later, when Yu Lan wanted to give himself an injection again, the man clasped his wrist and asked in a hoarse voice, “Do you still need to use inhibitors?”

Shao Mingyu gazed at him, his voice low and soft, “Little grape, don’t use it anymore, okay?”

Yu Lan’s eyes widened.

As the man’s kiss fell, the inhibitor fell from his hands to the floor.

Soon after, news of the Shao family’s young master, the top alpha that everyone was paying attention to’s, marriage spread like wildfire.

- Description from Novelupdates

Details
    Short Title : ABPTA
    Alternate Title : 被顶级alpha捡回家之后
    Author : Zi Jin
    Type : Web Novel
    Genre : Romance, Sci-fi, Yaoi

Novel updates link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-being-picked-up-by-the-top-alpha/

morticia_addams and Creolenerd like this.
  2. Seaflutter

Seaflutter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers? Is it a HE?

3. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HE

Seaflutter likes this.
  4. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg i need it to update more this sounds really cute

5. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    Spoilers pls!

6. JustHannahK

JustHannahK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you want to know? I'll try answering your questions.

Apaylia blackrose likes this.
  7. Seaflutter

Seaflutter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does Shao know YuLan? And whats the deal with silver moon tribe

8. JustHannahK

JustHannahK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They actually met during their childhood for like an hour but in that hour Shao became attached to YuLan and his mother. Because Shao parents divorce that's why he was kind of abandoned on his own though he was with his grandpa when the divorce happen. So Shao and Yulan kind of made a bond during those hours.

They were actually the last tribe or something like that to join the alliance and most of them were Omega. They were actually beautiful people that many were jealous of them. Most of the member of the silver moon clan work in the red light district as a prostitute so a lot of people discriminate them.

P. S. sorry for my English. My brain just came out of mtl ing hahaha so it's very bad right now.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  9. Seaflutter

Seaflutter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you !

10. shouahang58

Reading List:
    Link
    I read half of the novel then stop cause it wasn't my cup of tea.

The romance happened too fast, the process of falling in love isn't shown because right from the get go ML is already "in love" with MC, and MC is already all " he(ML) saved me from the trafficker and for no reason at all even tho I don't know him I'm going to live with him" at the first two chapters.

Pacing of the novel is too fast, and by fast I mean really fast! within just a few chapters (of the raw, not the translated chapters):
    • ML is already in love with MC
    • MC is suddenly asked to live and starts living with ML even tho he don't know ML right from the first meeting
    • MC gets his heat thing and ML is all like "do you trust me?" to which MC obviously say "yeah" even tho this is only the second day they meet each other. This leads ML to bite MC's gland with a temporary mark. Cause some sh*t that I'm too lazy to write.
    • after this "marking" MC is all pink feeling towards ML (me: wtf *gives the stink eye* :blobunsure::blobunamused:)
    • MC being held captive for 16 years is 22ish yrs old so he is illiterate but worry not ML finds a tutor for him, but within what seems to be only 2 class session and about half a month of MC being rescued MC is already able to read and stuff
    • small cannon fodder is jealous of MC cause of ML (why else *roll eye*:blobunamused:) with the typical reasons like most c-novels of ML ain't like this to other people so why he like this to you type of crap. This leads MC to start working at this cafe?? even tho it's only been 2-4 weeks since he started to live with ML
    • Ml gets set a blind date and MC is jealous. Even tho it's plainly obvious to everyone that he knows nothing about ML.
    there's more but too lazy to write.

Yeah this novel is a bummer. The flow of the novel wasn't well put together with the fast pacing of the novel and romance.
    I gave this novel a 1 star.

11. shouahang58

Reading List:
    Link
    (Written below might contain some very small spoiler but most of it is just my thoughts on the novel.)​

THIS IS MY LIL :blobspy:CONSPIRACY:hmm: THEORY :blobsneeze:CONNER HERE. *Bgm playing is Unsolved Mysteries theme song, lol :blobrofl:*
    I really couldn't get this thought out of my head while I was reading this novel. Not sure if what's being written below make sense but you guys got this!:blobparty:

You know what? I have read a lot of quick transmigration and world hopping novels where the Main Character finds out that the world they are currently in has big plots hole and finds that the info given to them isn't always what it seems cause it's written from the Ori Protagonist POV, and they ( the OriProtag.) are actually secretly evil but that got that white mary-sue halo on them so people only see their good.

This novel would be a really good short arc story for the world hopping, just because of the fast pacing of the novels. And cause this novel's pacing is fast there are some plot holes if you just really think about it.:hmm::hmm: Let me give you guys examples.

• So like the spoiler I given above, in the beginning of this novel we find out that MC is being held against his will for the past 16 years and he is currently 22ish year old. 22-16=4, So when he was about 4yrs old he was trafficked, being held against his will.
    • So MC has been with them since the age of 4, there is no way would MC be so strong will and not be emotionally messed up or not scared of his captors. Now just think of this as a World hopping novel. :blobspy:What if MC is actually helping his trafficker traffic other Omegas? Just give this a second thought before saying anything. I mean they been raising him since he was 4, they're not just gonna give MC free food, "shelter" and clothes for many years. As a trafficker whose main goal is make money selling people I'm pretty sure they would had made MC work for them in order for MC to be feed. :blobunsure:

• As from the spoiler again from above MC agrees to live with ML from the get go in the first two chapter despite knowing nothing about ML.
    • Okay now World hopping novel time. When MC bumps into ML in first meeting in the novel, ML's assistant said something like "Mr. Shao are you okay?" I think. Anyways main point is he said "MR. SHAO". ML is suppose to be a big ceo whatever strong alpha who is like famous or whatnot and is Mr. Desirable:blob_blush: and everyone wants a piece of him:blobnosebleed:. So when the assistant said his name it's pretty much saying that there is a big rich thick thigh:blobuwu: to hug here. So :blobspy:what if MC already knew who ML is but pretended he didn't know in order to hug ML thigh cause whose gonna miss with this guy who has a big reputation? And if MC could seduce ML then he's set for life. So why not act weak in front of him to get his pity and make that turn to "love"?:facepalm:

Okay last example:

• In the spoiler MC only spent like half a month and what seems to be only 2 class session learning school stuff he missed out on when he was a kid, It's said that he already knew how to do all that stuff in a very short amount of time from learning and then he went to look for a job in that same time period. (Sound kinda of fishy doesn't it?:blobcat_hyper: No? Only me??:blobshh:)
    • World hopping novel time. :blobspy:What if MC already knew how to read and write but was only pretending to not know so that he could win ML's pity and seduce ML?? I mean you have to be way smarter then Albert Einstein if you can learn things that fast in half a month. :blobsleepless:Remember he been with his captors since age 4 and at age 22 he is finally free, girl that grade K-12 that he gotta learn. If ya'll don't think this is weird or something's not off then I don't know what to say anymore:blobsneeze::blobsneeze:. I think his captors taught him how to read and write so that it'll be easier for him to work for them. :hmm:

Sorry for the long post but this is the end of my Ted Talk.:blobparty: :blobpats:
    Thanks to everyone who actually read through this whole thing ya'll the MVP! :bloblove::blob_pompom:

12. Seaflutter

Seaflutter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting concept...

shouahang58 likes this.
  13. Symphysodon

Symphysodon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'd like to see the transmigrated version of this novel

Btw is there any mention of MC life while he being held captive?

14. shouahang58

Reading List:
    Link
    from the 1st half, nope. that's why I wrote my conspiracy theory. but idk about 2nd half.

Symphysodon likes this.
  15. Symphysodon

Symphysodon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, thank you

16. shewa

shewa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to mtl this but I got lazy, hoping someone else will do it.

17. Crayon

Crayon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is so cute! Very suitable for anyone who's only looking for fluff. :aww::blob_blush: