LCD After Returning, My Abilities are Infinite

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-returning-my-abilities-are-infinite/?pg=2

C1: "If I walk the same road again, would the ending be different?" Yes.

Honestly, it would have been a nice change if he'd simply spent his new life raising up humanity by helping people learn how the new reality worked. Spreading knowledge of how to gain classes etc., create alchemic concoctions, grow beneficial organisms, etc. I can't really think of a do over story that actually pursued the betterment of the MCs race rather than the aggrandizement of the MC. Reincarnator was probably the closest, and its why I liked it so much.

I hope he still raises some people up. I'll be disappointed if this is just another OP MC soloing his way through the nation destroying horrors while humanity's former heroes cheer from the sidelines.

That aside, his first question after reading the Records' description should have been "How do I raise my soul level?" I'm sure it could tell him.

C2: "Either way, training was annoying, so I always skipped it before." How did he pass first grade then? And how is that the behavior of someone serious about becoming a Hunter and avenging his parents?

"This time, I’m going to help him, so he doesn’t die in vain" Good. I just hope its not the "I'll help him become my cheerleader and unquestioning sycophant" kind of help.

C3: It seems kind of idiotic to announce his reawakening and say that it destroyed his old sword. His new ability is informational in nature as far as he knows at this point. There's no certainty that he can replicate the kind of power he's describing.

C4: “It’s that cadet who is not usually noticed…” He was very clearly noticed and greatly appreciated by the teachers. If he weren't, then he wouldn't have been taken aside and encouraged to pursue a particular career based on his excellence in that field.

So, basically, he can steal the abilities of anyone around him without having to do anything to earn them at all. I guess that means he'll be a super OP protagonist that doesn't really have to work for anything :(

C7: "It’s not that good to get close to people in my situation." Why? Doesn't his soul level increase by creating connections with people? Shouldn't he be going out of his way to grow his social network as much as possible?

Honestly, the hardest part of this test will probably be getting the rich kid to listen to and follow instructions.

C8: The instructors would also notice the MC and the mage breaking up the team. Its not like it would have been difficult for either of them to call out to the two in front and declare that it was break time.

C11: “The trick is written by the guys, and I don’t know what is so imposing.” huh?

If his insight trait was so easy to raise, then why did he bother waiting until now?

This whole face-slapping section is very poorly edited.

C12: The thing I hate most about series translated by this group is that the quality always takes a nosedive at some point. Its basically just unedited or barely edited MTL from that point on.

userunfriendly and MonkeDanana like this.
  2. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it would have been a nice change if he'd simply spent his new life raising up humanity by helping people learn how the new reality worked.
    Reincarnator did that "May he rest in peace after his death in the hand of quidian"
    He changed the first floor in a training ground and number maker floor.
    The second floor in a body strengthening floor.
    The third floor in a mana reactor implantation floor.
    The fourth floor in a farm for super human floor.

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    He also culled the weak people...:(

fanobody likes this.
  4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I wanted to like this story from the concept, but I feel the author isn't doing a good job... and well I have better things to do then try and parse MTL quality translations.

5. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In no way these should be here in NU, this is just MTL. Sloppy actual translation would be much better. NU really needs separate rating just for translation so story reviews don't get affected by crap "translation".