Again with my english homework

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sslsdm, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sslsdm

sslsdm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO I'M SO embarrassed for asking this but please helpp me find simple past and passive voice :cry: i dont really understand grammar and text like news item it's pretty hard for me to spot it, nvm passive voice i never get it at all :)

i ask my friend but she told me to watch youtube lol i did but still can't understand(ik im dumb af) I'm embarrassed asking my other classmate since I'm not close with them and scared I'll bothering them (n)
    i dont have any social media except WA, and IG so i can only ask here plus no one know me here... :unsure:

so if ur not busy p-please help me :cry:

H-here's the text

Global international travel demand is expected to drop 57 percent in 2020, dented by tighter border controls and quarantine measures imposed in an effort to stem the coronavirus outbreak, according to a British research firm.

Demand for overseas tourism will not return to the level in 2019 until 2024, reflecting the economic effects of the pandemic and lingering negative sentiment toward international travel, including the impact on both leisure and business travel, Oxford Economics Ltd. said in a recent report.

Many countries are beginning to reopen their borders. "However, there is immense difficulty in striking the correct balance between ensuring the virus remains under control while reviving tourism," the research firm said.

Domestic travel demand is forecast to recover more quickly than that for international travel, returning to the level in 2019 by 2022, according to the report.

The 57 percent fall, equivalent to 847 million fewer arrivals, is projected as all regions are likely to see a decline, with trips to North American destinations expected to post the steepest drop of 70 percent.

Asia-Pacific will be the second worst affected region with a 57 percent decline. Northeast Asian destinations are forecast to log the biggest fall in the area of 61 percent.

:cry::cry: im embarrassed, imma log out for a while:sneaky:

2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Check this, then in that text, identify the verbs and check the structure of each phrase in each paragraph one by one (split the text and look at it part by part and not as a whole, that way you can understand and deal with texts better next time), that way you can figure it out
    For example, I highlighted and underlined the verb here, so, what do you think here?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021
    AMissingLinguist and Baldingere like this.
  3. KirbyNerd9

KirbyNerd9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that be the present simple passive? I don't see any past tense in the passage other than during the citations. That is an excellent resource though.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best of luck, but no homework help threads on the forums.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.