LCD Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 9, 2015.

1. vamignon

vamignon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it sounds stupid when you say it like that, but our common sense doesn't apply to that world. We have a kinda universal justice, while on ATG and most other such novels, power is justice. There are countless people in ATG, and YC only cares about a specific few. If there's a group of people with an ever slight chance to ever hurt the people Che cares for, he is stupid for letting them go if he had the chance to get rid of them. Whenever he genocides, that's the idea and it makes sense in context, that's the world he lives in.
    His overall lethal aggression has to do with the threat he feels. He started out weak, everything was out of control, so he had to kill in order to survive, both he and his family. The stronger he became while the safer was his family, the more companionate he was.
    At the latest events shit had hit the fan obviously, nothing really mattered, and the words he said to He Ling if they supposedly helped her calm, were fine. He cares about He Ling's well being, while not giving a shit about being impartial with the world.
    Now, even though there's much revenge left, I'm sure he will end up being more forgiving to the innocent the closer he gets to the total win. After all there's an endgame somewhere in the future, and YC wont get there while being just a psychotic murderer.

2. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s not hypocritical. He never attacked someone’s family first. For example if he had a problem with say Luo GuXie, before the tournament started, and so he decided to kill or cripple her son back during the tournament then that would be hypocritical. But what has happened is that someone had a problem with him, couldn’t do shit to him, harmed his family and then he harmed theirs. It would be hypocritical if he had an enemy and instead of dealing with them only focused on killing their families while always complaining about how that’s wrong

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  3. Jojofann

Jojofann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You sound exactly like Mars when you said that lol.

When he destroyed three of his northern realm star systems, kills dont know millions? billions? how many families were destroyed? Moon system destroyed...Luo changsheng and his father just dont yield to him. It is not like they really harm his family. It is just a normal contest of strength and showing who is superior. And they died too.

Can't say the same for that for Luo Changsheng and his family lol.

His harem got so many enemies. Everytime he got a new harem, more ppl must die.

The reason he is a hypocrite, is because Mars says he used to be a good guy. I don't agree with that.

The writing is actually very messed up at the moment. Mars literally wrote himself to a dead end and he is trying to salvage his own plots.

Personally I feel that he is unable to continue with his own plot because he can't link his ideas into the bigger plot at the moment.

We all know that Yun Che is invincible. If he cultivates for another 100 years (he is 33 this year), he can beat anyone and the story is over. But the author is just dragging. Every now and then when Mars feels he has no struggle and unrealistic, Yun Che will do something stupid again so that the readers will feel that Yun Che has a struggle like entering the limbo to save jasmine. Then everyone revolt again.

When he returns, he found out that the northern realm has been surrounded because Mars will say that the combined 3 regions are too numerous to stop. Hence the cycle begins all over again *___*

Hanada likes this.
  4. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    That won’t happen most likely. Also there’s 4 full realms and a breakthrough after that still. It’s not hypocritical. You don’t know what that word means. Also him destroying is justifiable. They destroyed his world so he destroys the world. What’s wrong with that? It would be hypocritical if YC destroyed entire star realms while bitching to others it wrong to destroy SRs. Not in this case. As for the thing with Jasmine, everyone saw that coming. Why? Because the description of Asura Salvation and Mars streak of making MC lose powers through each of his stories. Also YC is not invincible. That might happen when he reaches Half Step DL but not yet. His fight with XQY was proof enough as even without that forbidden domain he was getting beaten up a bit. And she was only at EHDE level at best. As for the story you do realize that the WDE is as strong if not stronger that the E&SDRs combined right. Why? Cause DGR has more DL lv 10s then the entire SDR. And they got 5 more KRs after that.

5. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    The three northern star systems that he destroyed was on his side. He pretended that it is the work of the Eastern Realm. This part already make him a hypocrite because he is 'pretending' already to be the just one. The 3 northern star systems got nothing to do with his family or his conflict, am I right?

That is why I say he can just go cultivate for 100 years and be invincible since no1 can touch him. Mars already say to divine beings like them, cultivating for 1000 years is nothing. Even the Shui girl cultivates inside the heavenly pearl for 3000 years and become a divine lord. When Yun Che is a divine lord, he can kill all he wants without involving everyone.

If he feels 100 years isn't enough, he can cultivate 1000 years, 3000 years, 10 000 years like his wife yao chi. She so patience lol...he is actually in no hurry to take revenge because all his enemies are max level.

But if he starts to kill people, all the innocent ppl have familes and in no time he will have billions and zillions of enemies that are DL levels, assuming everyone has some blood relations in a galaxy. Maybe there will even be 1-2 Yun Che potential or even true gods descendants too.

Also jasmine has killed millions before him...and yy also has killed so many...but they are his harem...so yeah, it is 'justified'.

But this isn't ATG problem. In his previous book, many drop off after he killed an entire planet of innocent ppl. That is Mars style lol...

6. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think YC himself blew up the three devil star realms or ordered them done-CWY and BB did that on their own, so not by him but for him and generating more enemies he’ll have to fight because if his harem doing it. The rest though? Definitely on him-even if everything else before the current arc is ignored, the invasion slaughtering countless innocents are all on his hands since he’s the one leading it, and he often explicitly orders the genocide of entire star realms

7. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s not hypocritical. He’s outright admitted this already. He doesn’t care who he kills since his family is gone. If they weren’t and he acted like this then it would be hypocritical. As for the Star realms he did not order it or know about it. Go read that chapter where CWY and YQY talk before doing it. As for the time for cultivation, he wants to kill them as fast as possible so once he hit DS lv 10, as CWY wanted, the war arc started. As for more cultivation, well from now on all cultivation novels are going to be simply this: story starts, Mc cultivates in a cave for 1000 years, becomes the strongest, the end. See how that’s not entertaining.

8. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    Genocide is on him sure. But he’s in the right. They committed genocide, ( destroying his world), so he’s committing it as well now. When he was killing in the EHR he said it as well something along the lines of: you all killed my loved ones now I’ll kill yours.

9. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it? I thought that the cauldron was owned by Yun Che and he let it loose.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I am not saying you are wrong to suggest that he is not a hypocrite.

But many of us feels that he is a really a hypocrite lol because he changes from a hypocrite good guy to the bad guy lol.

10. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s just Mars style. Normal guy to good guy to bad guy to everyone go fuck off

11. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said that Mars Gravity told the readers in his WeChat channel not to judge his novels using the moral values and judicial system of our modern society, because the "World View" (世界观) is totally different.

I really question how Mars Gravity's novel survive the CN censorship boards.

Jojofann likes this.
  12. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree with Mars on this. But he keeps trying to brainwash the readers on how a good guy the MC is lol. And we all know what the MC did in the past.

Yun Che is definitely an evil guy now. He definitely isn't a benevolent conqueror or a Genghis Khan. He is more like a cunning Attila now.

13. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually his world is destroyed by the Xia girl alone. It got nothing to do with the rest and the Xia girl seems to have an ulterior motive too.

The problem with the 'world' and his 'harem' got destroyed by his enemies, the readers don't know if it is true or not because the Author may write a plot twist on it. What if all his harem is alive?

I remember before Yun Che had left his original world again, they all drink from the pure water (dont know what it is called in the english translation), they all had the ability to ascend to the middle realms already. I can't remember if there is an ascend system like the other cultivation stories here because Yun Che was taken away. So the world setting become a little weird. Assuming there is no ascend system, but they can definitely breathe in space, right? lol...

14. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    Mars Gravity might not even be finishing the ATG Novel within the next 10 years because rumors has it that he's pretty pissed that he lost the rights and royalty payment for the manhua/anime adaptation of ATG (anime sucks because it's coiling dragon rapid puppet mouth moving animation standard). He has been claiming that manhua/anime adaptation was done within his permission.

Official reason that Mars Gravity gave for the dwindling frequency in chapter updates was "Chronic Insomnia". But other CN writers who are donating Zongheng-Moon-Tickets to help to keep Mars Gravity author account "afloat" in Zongheng are saying otherwise.

Some are even calling Mars Gravity "The second coming of Mad-snail" with his recent antics.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  15. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    So will the novel be dropped?

16. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    She blew up sure but the others would’ve done the same. He just saved the universe and they hold his family hostage

17. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know if they will blown it up cos the author says they just want to search for treasures.

18. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    • New raw chapter of ATG released "1780章 南溟底牌".
    • CN readers responded with "I waited a month for this Tortoise Shell crap".
    • Mars Gravity received a total of 63 Zongheng-Moon-tickets which is equivalent to 31,500 Zongheng currency for this month, which is above the minimum threshold for his "contract".

Jojofann and Haevrus like this.
  19. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard rumor that he is planning to cancel his zongheng contract at the end of dec and he has many chapters available already. He is just releasing slowly for now. So expect a steady update once the contract expires.

20. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    There is nothing explicit about his story:)