Ahead of its time

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Neiri, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What axed or dropped manga that would have been popular in current times?

The thing about artists painting not popular during their time but became a hit in future generations also apply to manga or all literary arts.

2. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Vagabond I guess, it's such a pity it ain't finished.

3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What age are you hinting to exactly, like the 20th century, even earlier?

4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am referring to poor artists that their paintings are unpopular but after they died the painting gain popularity among the future generations. Van Gogh is one example.

It is not just painting, some works are unpopular back when they are created but gain popularity years even centuries later. Mathew Brady in photography, Franz Schubert in classical music,Edgar Allan Poe in literature. Even more on science such as Tesla and other that has theories that goes against their time beliefs.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  5. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, if they didn't die probably their works wouldn't have gained such popularity, strange thing when it comes to poor artists is that people wouldn't remember them unless they die, don't know why but it is how things are, call it human nature if you want but if any of those works were made today I don't think they will as popular unfortunately

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    *stares at CLAMP* Well, I don't care much about most of their works, but I was looking forward to Lawful Drug dangit!
    EDIT: Now that I think of it, another manga I adored but never got finished was Alichino. Kill me, I still won't be able to tell you what it's about, but the art was gorgeous.

7. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cardcaptor in its full glory, rather than the rehashed more shounen-like Eng airing. There is Clear Card (it’s sequel) but have it be known that this show had incredible bi-energy plus the costumes are still as cute as I remember them.

8. grass_is_tasty

grass_is_tasty Grass is more than just weed.

Reading List:
    Link
    The Brontë sisters had pretty miserable lives. Scratch that, all classic authors that I read seem to have really miserable lives for some reason.