Mini RPG Airborne (The Beach)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Dec 16, 2019.

  1. BB_Tensei

    BB_Tensei [Catatonic Sloth] | [Occasional Antagonist]

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Likes Received:
    5,010
    Reading List:
    Link
    {{ This thread will use Raid-mode. Since everybody who signed up thus far knows what this is, I will not explain how it works. xD }}

    Early morning. The tide at dawn washed up curiosities on the shore of a pristine beach. It would have been fine to call it untouched by the hands of people, spare the small lighthouse propped up in the distance. Temperate flora extended its leaves and branches from atop a cliff above the beach. A small path nearby lead somewhere further into the forest, but for the time being we point our attention to golden sands. Fast forward at dawn's apex, a pair of morning stars hailed the sun's glory arriving above the horizon. It shone its rays on newfound blemishes to this natural view - the wreckage of a steel steamer and piles of magical junk lying around.

    Amidst the trash, there were also people, mostly human, yet none seemed to move just yet. The storms of yesterday were now gone, summoning a patrol cruiser on its route around the coast. It approached the wreck, discharging a survey boat toward the survivors. It held two women and a man. The women contrasted each other in both appearance and expression, one being petite and determined, the other tall, curvy, and cold. The small redhead's cat ears perked toward forward, accenting her focused gaze. The tall blonde simply stared at the waves in thought, but spoke first.

    "Judging by that plate over there, it's the Colossa. Mr Wynn, please inform the Intrepid to prepare for survivors. We should collect them quickly, before any of the farmers upwind notice. Disembark over there," she said, pointing to a shallow part of the bay.



    {{ Since most people picked shipwreck, we're starting with that. For those that have a different backstory, try to fit it in either with the farming village, the lighthouse, or the ship. }}
     
    Kysil, michael.kx5, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  2. michael.kx5

    michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2016
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    964
    Reading List:
    Link
    Leo was sulking in the tavern of Malbornivia port city, head covered with a cowl to avoid being recognized while drinking.
    He couldn't believe he mistook the ship that was supposed to take him to the 9th colosseum, with a common tourist ship heading for the Farm complex of Isodia.
    And Who in their right mind goes sightseeing on a farm?
    Downing another mug of mead (it would take more than just a couple of mugs to intoxicate someone with his body mass), he let out another depressed sigh.

    "....And the worst part is that because of the storm all non-patrol ships have been grounded to the port for an unknown period of time"
    "Tell me about it, half of the captains in town are raising hell over spoiling inventory and what not"

    Leo nodded to the conversation going on in the table behind him.
    Even if he wanted to find a way to the right city, no ship is allowed to leave the harbor.
    In other words, he was stuck here. For now.

    "OI! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME, YOU OLD BITCH?!
    Turning his attention towards the new distraction, Leo turned in his chair to see better the situation.
    Thanks to being rather tall and sitting on a bar chair rather than a table, he was able to see the situation rather clearly.
    Hearing it too, since the guy blasting his voice out of his lungs like a damn whale silenced the entire tavern.

    "I said, keep your dirty mitts to yourself, you horny sea dog!
    Our waitresses are not some cheap whores for you to paw at!
    Not that even a whore would be willing to touch you with 10 foot..."
    The one berating the loud man was an older woman in her early thirties, who was hiding a small looking teenager wearing a waitress uniform behind her back.

    Leo's eyebrow twitched as he slowly made his way through the crowd.
    They may be sinners, but only a scum worse than shit would put their hands on someone who could be their daughter's age.
    It wasn't hard to get to the center of the commotion since most people just let him through once they saw his giant size, and for those who didn't a quick look at his face remedied that.

    "THAT'S IT! I AM GOING TO TEACH YOU TWO A LESSON!"
    The loud (and vile) man picked up a chair and swang it at the two women.
    The chair broke as it hit a harder surface than it was built to withstand.
    The man was shocked and surprised, not understanding where this giant wall of flesh came from.

    "WHA-? WHO ARE YOU?! GET OUT OF MY WAY! DON"T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!"
    "No."
    A small laugh mixed with snickering rang across the tavern
    Red in the face from anger (and probably alcohol too) the loud man began to yell again, accompanied with rough hand gestures and spitting.
    "GRRRR, CHEEKY BASTARD! STOP WEARING THAT COWL AND SHOW ME YOUR FACE, YOU COWARD!"
    "Alright."

    As requested, Leo took off the cowl and allowed his face to be seen.
    An awkward and loud silence filled the room, as the color slowly drained from the man's face.
    "By the name of the emperor, did that guy just pick a fight with the [Rakshasa Titan]?!"
    "..."
    Leo just continued to stand there, Menacingly.

    The now pale-in-face man took a step back, and then another, before sprinting as fast as he can from the tavern.
    "...AH! His bill! The bastard ate-n-ran!"
    The older lady called out after she woke up from her stupor.
    Leo turned around and opened his pouch, taking out his debit card.
    "Here, for his bill, and the broken chair"
    The old lady looked at him for a moment before silently receiving the card, bowed, and went behind the bar to run it through the register.
    "Why is he trusting her with his card?"
    "You young fools are always the same.
    Do you think a common tavern owner can afford to offend someone like him?
    Her reputation and establishment would be ruined"
    "Ah, I see"
    "Besides, all he has to do to check whether he was cheated or not is to take a good look a the receipt"

    She soon returned together with a receipt and handed him both items in silent.
    Leo took back his card and stashed it in his pocket while reading the receipt and nodded.
    The Old tavern owner finally breathed out in relief and went back to her duties.
    Meanwhile, the young waitress girl was still confused and in shock, staring at the giant figure towering almost twice her height (from her perspective, in actuality he was only 1.3/4 times taller).

    Leo looked down at the spooked and shell-shocked girl and sighed before kneeling in front of her and patting her head.
    "Everything is fine, vile man is gone now."
    The young girl looked surprised, but slowly softened her facial expression.
    Leo smiled gently before standing up and left the tavern while covering his head with a cowl again, leaving a group of flaggerasted onlookers as well as some blushing young women, including the young waitress.
    "...He can smile?"
    Said someone random, giving voice to everyone's thoughts.

    On the street, Leo was brainstorming ideas on how he can get to the island of the 9th coliseum.
    Obviously he was coming up dry empty.
    Just as he was about to give up he overheard three patrol officers who were walking by.
    They were just about to leave on patrol until the next port outside the storm zone.
    Turning on his heel, he quickly grabbed one of them by the shoulder and asked -
    "Hey, you wouldn't happen to be in the need of a - strong - volunteer would you?"
     
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  3. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Wah! I haven't lost the bet yet!" With this shout, Feenja jumps up - her teeth bared and eyes narrowed - ready to punch someone. A few seconds of silence later, she lets out an embarrassed cough before scanning the area, hoping that no one noticed this. Seeing the unconscious people lying in the wreckage around her, she heaves a sigh of relief - only to freeze when noticing the approaching ship.

    "Heheh... hello?" She mutters as she waves at the ship.

    OOC: @BB_Tensei
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  4. BB_Tensei

    BB_Tensei [Catatonic Sloth] | [Occasional Antagonist]

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Likes Received:
    5,010
    Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: @Naraku has a char that's supposed to locate you. Wait a bit for interactions.
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  5. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    Ali woke up with a blaring headache and looked around
    only to see a strange woman jump up and prepare to fight the air? She was curious but looked back at the wreckage "my kit...." she lamented the loss of her personal kit but she could have her family send it over later.

    Standing up, Ali started removing as much sand and water from herself, as much as she could.
     
  6. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    (x.x)
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  7. BB_Tensei

    BB_Tensei [Catatonic Sloth] | [Occasional Antagonist]

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Likes Received:
    5,010
    Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Nice save :3
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  8. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Huh?" Feenja flinches as she hears something. Slowly turning around, she notices a cute girl, currently trying to clean herself. "Oh, hello there!" comes a call from Feenja as she jogs towards the girl, jumping over bits and pieces of wreckage as her armor starts to clatter lightly from the movement.
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, michael.kx5 and 3 others like this.
  9. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    Finishing cleaning herself as much as she could, Ali almost fell back on herself when the fighter ish lady called to her.

    Looking at the woman jogging towards he she asked "ah? Your the craz--brave person that swam?"
     
    Kysil, michael.kx5, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  10. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Brave indeed, that's me!" Feenja proudly points at herself before continuing. "But, uhm... this isn't the destination I was supposed to reach, right? Wait, that's not important right now! You're not hurt anywhere, right?"

    Without waiting for the girl to answer, Feenja starts to circle around her, intently staring at the exposed areas of her body while trying to find the familiar smell of blood.
     
    Kysil, Naraku and leegood like this.
  11. Naraku

    Naraku 『』『』『』

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    524
    Likes Received:
    15,960
    Reading List:
    Link
    Hearing the orders of his current employer, Emmanuel nodded as he did exactly as he was asked for. Contacting the Intrepedid-- it seems like it will be an easy job. Unless, they are too slow. His hand plunged into his inner pocket as he took from it a rectangular device on which three gears were visible on its lateral side, his fingers turned two of them, for the first and third one.
    On a hoarse tone, his voice seeped into this communication gadget.

    "Contacting the Intrepid, we have found the Colossa. Prepare for survivors."
    There was no time to lose, while that call was being done, the survey boat silently-- in all sincerety, the noise was covered by the tides-- reached the coast as Wynn wondered how should they proceed.
    On the beach, someone was waving at them. Wondering what was the right course of action, he immediately asked his employer.
    "Someone seems to be conscious. Shall I retrieve them right away?"
    Obviously, while this question left his mouth, he was getting ready to get down to earth.
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, leegood and 2 others like this.
  12. BB_Tensei

    BB_Tensei [Catatonic Sloth] | [Occasional Antagonist]

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Likes Received:
    5,010
    Reading List:
    Link
    His supervisor seemed hardly impressed with his vigor. She barely raised an eyebrow, saying:
    "No. Check on their condition and wait for the away team."
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, leegood and 2 others like this.
  13. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Very certainly not where we were supposed to arrive at." Ali checked herself before noticing the dress she had was torn a bit at the bottom.

    "Just a few minor bruises that'll heal in time."

    Noticing the glances Ali covered herself a bit more, as if shy that she was not dressed fully.

    "And you?"
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  14. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, never been better!" Feenja answers with a grin as she jokingly flexes her muscles, and lightly flinching from pain. I guess I'm not feeling as good as I thought, she thinks to herself. Trying to cover up the pain, she continues with a wide grin: "I could even beat a bear barehanded right now if I tried."
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  15. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    Noticing the patrol ship Ali decided to stay where she was and to wait for help.


    Noticing the little brave front from Feenja, Ali looked around her wondering what ailments were on the suicidal lady but she was no doctor.

    "You should rest for now, looks like help is arriving."
     
  16. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, right! Though..." Glancing at the lighthouse, Feenja wonders. "I don't know how stranded we actually are? Eh, whatever. We're getting help, so there's nothing to worry about." With these words, Feenja lets herself plop down on the ground - only to hit a piece of wreckage with her head.

    "Ah, f-!" she only barely manages to keep herself from cursing due to the girl's presence.
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil and Naraku like this.
  17. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah!" Ali flinched as she saw the woman hit herself. She went closer and inspected the new bruise "it looks like it'll only be a bruise, make sure not to get it hurt twice or there might be a scar"

    She was concerned more with any possibly damaged skin.
     
  18. Naraku

    Naraku 『』『』『』

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2017
    Messages:
    524
    Likes Received:
    15,960
    Reading List:
    Link
    Did they not wish to be as quick as possible before the farmers notice? While that question lasted only a few seconds. It was not his duty, neither did he know anything about how people proceed in those missions.

    "I see."
    As the coast was reached, Wynne descended from the boat and jogtrot toward the people who seemed to be awake. This time, there were two people instead of one.
    At first sight, it seemed none of them seemed to have suffered from serious injuries. Both were girl, seemingly rather young. It seemed that there were other people lying on the ground.
    Nevermind, now one of them foolishly got injured. Better be safe than sorry and check on her case first.

    "Emmanuel Wynn, Technician."
    Quickly introducing himself, he did not bother with formalities and immediately went to the point.

    "Rescapees of the Colossa I assume. The one who hurt her head, let me check if you have any serious injuries."
    Obviously, he did not wait for her to reply and expected her to have her priorities straight. Keeping on speaking, this time, his eyes looked at the second girl, it seemed that she had some bruises but not much more.

    "Do you suffer from anything as insignificant as it can be? Be it external or internal. And last question.... is there anyone else conscious around?"
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, BB_Tensei and 2 others like this.
  19. Quaesitor

    Quaesitor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2017
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    8,584
    Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm fine, I'm fine! I've been hit with much worse." protests Feenja, somewhat offended that they'd even consider a bruise like that an injury! "Anyway, it's good that you are here, Emannuel Win. I'm Feenja - might have heard of me before. Where is this place? Depending on your answer, I've either won or lost a bet. And I think I'm quite conscious, but other than me and this girl here - no idea."

    While talking, Feenja takes the time to check herself for injuries. As she touches the right side of her stomach, she winces. "...that's probably going to heal on its own?"
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  20. leegood

    leegood Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2017
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    24,636
    Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm quite alright, Ali by the way." Ali looked around as she spoke up again "it'll be best they wake up on a ship, then on the sand, but it'll be easier if they walked themselves."

    Ali blinked innocently, "I can't really remember~"
     
    Exitiumm, Kysil, Naraku and 2 others like this.