Discussion Akatsuki no Yona 186

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by MeimeiXgreetsXNiangniang, Jan 8, 2020.

1. MeimeiXgreetsXNiangniang

MeimeiXgreetsXNiangniang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read Akatsuki no Yona for more than half a year. I stopped reading not because I disapprove of Yona's decision but because the tension is really high for the next arc. So the moment she made that decision I stopped reading the succeeding chapters.
    Now I accidentally saw Impatient Scans' post for ch 186 on Facebook. It was SHOCKING! :eek:
    I wanted to resume reading again at the same time I want to uphold my promise to myself to continue reading when the arc is done.
    Readers out there who've been following along the manga, is this the right time to read again? Or should I wait a few more chapters?

I just can't burn that image from my eyes. Ughhh!

2. clair17

clair17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! I'm the same! I stopped reading Yona after she entered the palace cuz tbh I don't think I can handle the thoughts of waiting for the upcoming chapters if the tension too high!

I mean I think this arc should be the last one, or at least second to last. And I hate to see Hak being separated from he rest of the gang :( and man, I'm doing better at holding back cuz I haven't seen any pics of the chapters at all ><

So yeah, I'm on the same boat... anyone would be kind enough to tell if the tension is okay or if u are dying of waiting for the next release after the latest one? and how many more chapters do u think until this arc or series ended?

HNCKrstl likes this.
  3. MeimeiXgreetsXNiangniang

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about Hak being separated yet. I think you made more progress than me. I don't really know how many chapters are left.
    If this is the last arc, I wonder if they have started shedding light to the prophecy? (no spoilers, just yes or no)
    I really like prophecies. Ever since I read Percy Jackson, I develop a liking to the poetic structures of prophecies. :)
    ( One ring to rule them all! )

4. tinyLittleSailor

tinyLittleSailor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god, I'm not alone I just couldn't take the stress of it all. I have a friend who should have kept reading it so maybe I'll ask them if it's safe.

5. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww sad, I want to discuss with you people over Akatsuki no Yona! Well I just skim through the latest arc because the tension is really high... And there was a flashback and all.... So the tension is getting higher and higher!!!

On the side note, I am re-reading it and I am at 162. And I so badly wanted to erase Kye-sook in every panel he appears... so calculating, so biased to the point he never consider the people that they may trample.He is more irksome than Gobi. :blob_catflip:

How about you? Do you have any good opinion about him?

6. MeimeiXgreetsXNiangniang

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhghh... No. None at all. I think he is the root of all evil.
    I only think of Gobi as a pesky little ant. Kye sook is a superior villain. (well I guess it's a kind of compliment :sneaky:)

Uncopyright likes this.
  7. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Right on!

Haha, I thought I was the only one who is super annoyed with him... Although it kinda of shed light in the recent chapters the why's and how's... I really think that being an advisor should learn compromise and flexibility. He is sooo unbending urggg.

8. Yue17

Yue17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont quite understand yona anymore, I mean she is a good girl but
    [so as some of you know or doesnt know soo won father (Yu-Hon) and mother (Yong-Hi) love was the root of everything, Yong-Hi was sick she had a disease where she would died young, she met Yu-Hon fell in Love yada yada but the king would not let them marry, so Yu-Hon didnt say a Word and got married, there was a priest who btw was yona Uncle who had "God's power" and could see she carried King Hiryuu's blood, the priest went to her village and everything but Yu-Hon found out and killed+burn everyone including kids and yona's mom although she was saved, Yong-Hi felt a little bad but hey she was having her happy ending, afterwards she discover kashi (yona's mom) was alive and she felt afraid but a little better, so long story short Yu-Hon found out and killed her too, King il killed him in revenge, but I could not pity soo won's mom at all, it was because she was a coward that a lot of people died, and when she heard that soo won was a little dark since a child, why not fix everything and tell the people who support his husband everything? it was because of them that all sh*t happened, yona discover this but she was like hey it was in the past, everyone make mistakes, like what???? Soo won is sick and will die, yona is now weak in mind, and a virgin mary/SPOILER] im really dissapointed, I could understand what happened is not soo won's fault but I could never understand that yona was super forgiving and started to take care of him like any virgin mary

9. Ahriyonahime

Ahriyonahime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I was hoping the mangaka would shed more light on the rest of the prophecy by now, the part about her having a sword and shield after gathering the four dragons, but instead we get
    Hak imprisoned for finding out Suwon's secret ugh.

Uncopyright likes this.
  10. Biankaha

Biankaha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg hak está na prisão? E que segredo de sowon?

11. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    i read till the first war, i would continue to read it again after it's finished:blobcry:

Uncopyright likes this.
  12. suudere

suudere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m up to date with Akatsuki no Yona and I must say that the author kinda throws Yona and Hak’s development away like whaaaaaat. They get together and then she separates them like this no way. I just wanted more fluffy moments

HNCKrstl likes this.
  13. oOfranziskaOo

oOfranziskaOo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I binge read through all the chapters after I saw the anime on Netflix and fell deeply in love. Now here I am
    heartbroken. Why the heck is the author doing this? Separating all the main characters we love, focus on people completely unnecessary, kind of destroying all the character development with view exceptions and why is Yona reacting so bizarre when entering Hak's prison? Why wouldn't she fly to him after everyone left the room trying to touch him, but collapse crying 1 metre from Hak? Why isn't she mentioning how immensely she misses the boys once in her inner monologues?? I really don't get her actions. She is not herself. And after the author spend so much time to explain the background story everything got incredibly dark, but it added nearly nothing to the story. I like Sowon less and Yona less, since I really don't get her actions. I am so frightened that this will be the last arc and this beautiful manga will end as a mess with a badly constructed happy ending. The separation's duration was much too long even until now and it will last longer I am afraid.
    And I was hoping for an emotional discussion between Yona and Sowon, but he got sick instead - how lame! And now another disgusting new character appeared... wtf? This manga was so beautifully constructed without these "misunderstandings" to stretch the story another 50 chapters and now that. I am really grumpy and heartbroken. I don't know how she (Mizuho Kusanagi) will fix this.

14. Violet Blaze

Violet Blaze Step Red Sibling | Holy Blaze

Reading List:
    Link
    wow make us lazier to read more :unsure:

15. HNCKrstl

HNCKrstl 《The Đevîl's Cøñsørt》『♡Hayyan's Female Version』

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it feels more like he is giving hints about it but we won't really get them until he decides to come out and say it directly someday. That this will all make sense later? Can be false hope but, I never thought Soowon had dragon blood either. Has to have some connection to the prophecy, hasn't it?

16. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just passing by and decided to answer your questions based on my understanding cause I am craving for AkaYona discussions, especially about
    how Hak and Yoon will go to Captain Gigan's place again to get the miracle herb (senju-something) that may possibly cure Suwon's illness

IKR, I somehow find myself loathing Yoon because of this. They can just reject Kye-sook's offer of being allies but Yoon got enticed by the palace's library and all the books of medicine he can read in there, so Yona and their group follows through.... But it also have some undertone that they can never ignore the issue about Suwon and Koka, afterall, Yona's goal is kind of aligned with Suwon wanting Koka to be stronger than her father's reign for the betterment of its citizen.

As for HakYona interaction... I felt Yona not clingy with Hak is good... For me it was a manifestation of a strong woman, not relying on her knight in shining armor, not like those sappy shoujo moves (thou I was a sucker for that type once, but it was not match for Yona's character now... Maybe Yona of before will do that but not now) Her slumping on the ground is her showing her relief that she was not too late in saving Hak from Kye-sook's usual way.
    On Chapter 207, Yona jumps from a window in second floor to meet Hak, when Hak and Yoon are about to go, Hak was in the posture of catching her, but she perfectly landed on her own, If I might add, very cool sort of like Jaeha :blobjoy: she really act not like a delicate princess of before but someone who wanted to prove that she can also be a warrior and her own knight.

Probably she's busy unveiling the mystery about their (Suwon and her) parents entanglement leading in today's mess. Plus, she knew the dragons were safe in the castle as long as she didn't have contact in them now that she knew about Suwon's illness. That is why she didn't say she missed them cause she was probably looking for a solution to meet them legally....

But I also find this situation irksome, I get that Kye-sook and all of Suwon's followers will never fully trust Yona and co. And him offering alliance was just to tie down the dragons in Koka and be an additional influence as Suwon's prowess as a king. I wanted to rant that Yona was fully disadvantaged cause what they are doing is isolating her from her family just because of political reason and them fearing revolt knowing about the legend of King Hiryuu.

True~ Suwon and Yona never had the chance to talk about everything. Well, Suwon being sick maybe the catalyst for them to trust Yona and co. If ever Yoon and Hak managed to bring the miracle plant and cure Suwon.

All in all, no matter how I hated this whole arc inside the palace, I think it is a good development for the characters. Like how Hak goes ballistic when he met Suwon to how Hak being able to think things thru without being emotional. Or how delicate Yona of the past to now Yona that is being independent, tomboyish and can stand-up on her own even without Hak or the Dragons.

It is just frustrating cause I just wanted to scream to those 3 childhood friends (Hak, Yona and Suwon) to just be done with it and lay all the cards in one go and talk things through and be true in their alliance without the thought of being betrayed or something but well trust broken can never be the same :blobconfounded:.

Enough of my ranting, I just really hated the circumstances they are in now. I missed their fluffy adventures.

Senshiana likes this.
  17. Senshiana

Senshiana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, this is very good for the character development. After all, Yona will become empress (if she doesn't, the plot is kind of... pointless, I think?). She needs to develop this security about herself, as a decision-maker and diplomat.

I fell the same. I know she's was a "lotus flower" princess, that didn't know anything of the world, but at some point of the story I started feeling uncomfortable with her lack of emotional confidence. And a lot of times in the story she was being saved. I like to see her saving them, for a change.
    Like when she saves Hak from being killed. She needs to save him more often :)

This is important for the plot too: to finally understand Il's motivations, an Emperor who refused violence above anything else
    killing his own brother... why? And why did his brother kill Yona's mother in the first place?
    These were big questions hanging in my head for a while, and I've found myself quite enwrapped by the chapters that gave us those answers.

I get the feeling she doesn't know how to deal with this...
    First the "empress seat" thing, and now all the "marriage appeal" for the troops morale. And she's agreeing to it. I am curious to find out how Hak will be in all of this, and I am looking forward for the next chapters.

I don't like him LOL! Sure, he has his reasons, but I don't like the fact he is so... androgynous? I mean, I get his motivations (the author was so smart creating this "villain" with strong motivation) but the fact we don't quite see through him is annoying. I mean, I can't even figure out his sexuality... :blobspy: Maybe he doesn't know too :blobjoy:

Agreed! Hak isn't the only strong in the relationship: I like how they protect each other, emotionally and physically. It's amazing how they've grown. Yona from a "lotus flower princess" to this fierce resolute woman, and how Hak has learnt he can express his emotions towards her, and control his anger towards Soo-won.

I truly believe that conversation between the 3 will eventually happen. Hopefully, soon... I watched the anime back in 2015, I loved it! I read the manga (until ch. 72) and learnt the mangaka had her studio destroyed by an earthquake. So, I guess I forgot about the story. Anyway, I recently discovered all the chapters until now, and I became obsessed again with this! One of the best series I've read. :aww:

Uncopyright likes this.
  18. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    I would rather they become those happy hungry bunch again instead of being tied down to Hiryuu Castle (even though I know how beneficial fot the dragons to stay there). Also with how Suwon never even think of passing the throne to Yona even if he was about to die, wonder who is Suwon's candidate in his mind? Oh, I remember he was offering the throne to Zeno :blobsweat:

Urgh... This issue.
    I blame Suwon's mom, she was the root cause or the trigger of all these things. You know Suwon's dad is almost perfectly qualified to be the next king with how he is strong, strategic and good to the people. His only flaw is that he was averse to the priest worshipping the dragons and Hiryuu. His belief is that "state and religion should be separated" but their father and Il loves to go the priest for guidance and all. Especially, Il, he was a fanatic of the legend. Suwon's dad feels that the priests were too controlling of the political power when it should be the sole decision of the king.

Then comes the love story of Suwon's parents where they meet and fall in love. However Suwon's mom is the a descendant of Hiryuu. As we all know all of Hiryuu's descendant will have the crimson illness which ended their life without any cure. Suwon's grandma always tell Suwon's mom to be careful of not letting people know of their origin. When Yuhon, Suwon's dad, knew of the mom's origin he assures his mother-in-law that he will protect his wife.

One time, Suwon's mom meet ik-soo (the last priest that was with Yoon at the beginning of the story) when he was an apprentice priest together with a girl that also hears the voice of the god and Il. Il sort of convinces Suwon's mom to check out the temple where the priest are so they went. When the priest saw Suwon's mom, they were elated because they knew she was a descendant of Hiryuu. Suwon's mom -uhhh- being a timid woman in terms of her origin was quite frightened by the priest reactions ( i feel she has this thought that she will be dissected and all because of her fright). Yuhon enters and take away his wife. Well this also increase Yuhon's vigilance to the priest and anything about Hiryuu.

Then, Yuhon kind of beheaded all the priests and burn them which anger the king and have him appointed Il as the next line in throne. Yuhon accepted that he will not be a king and is going to support Il, even when all of his allies (kye-sook and co) are really against Il being the next king.

Years past, Suwon's mom meet a woman in the garden... Turns out it was Il's wife, Yona's mom. Well that woman is the girl that also hears the voice of the gods that was Ik-soo during their first meeting. Il saved her when Yuhon purge the priests and their apprentice but she has some burn marks on her forehead. Suwon's mom kind of become guilty cause she thinks she was the trigger that made Yuhon did those. When she visited her maternal family, she discover her mom committed suicide because her mom thinks it was her fault for always warning her about their identity and also the cause of those priests dying. It was reveal that those priest visited her maternal family and they had talk which quite enlightened the family about Hiryuu, their illness, etc. You know like those who found someone to talk about their burdens. Thus, Suwon's mom' mom became burden with guilt about the priests being purge by their son-in-law.

After this, Suwon's mom kind of invited Yona's mom to their residence to talk things through. This is done with a good intention but Yuhon finding out that his brother takes a wife that was connected to those priests he loathed so much .... He had someone ( the one who Hak said that he can never defeat) assassinated Yona's mom. That time, Yona's mom should also bring Yona but her mom kind of knew what will happen so she never bring Yona to her journey to Yuhon's residence. Yuhon's reason is that Il's reign will be distorted with a wife like that was able to hear voices of gods.

Well, when Il knew this he stabs his brother when they had confrontation. His wife, Yona's mom and his brother, Yuhon, thought Il only takes Yona's mom as a wife because of Il being a fanatic of the dragons and Hiryuu. Without knowing that Il really fell in love with his wife

Well, the previous generations' problem can be solved if only they sit down and talks about it. They are all foolish. And now Suwon was also following the previous generations' foolishness :facepalm:

Yep, I agree it was very addicting (≧▽≦)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021