Picked Up Akuyaku reijo, seshiria shirubyi wa shinitakunainode danso suru koto ni shita

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by earp, Sep 13, 2019.

1. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Name:
    Akuyaku reijō, seshiria shirubyi wa shinitakunainode dansō suru koto ni shita, 悪役令嬢、セシリア・シルビィは死にたくないので男装することにした, The villainess , Cecilia Silvy, did not want to die, so she decided to dress as a man
    [I know its a longgg title...]
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n4679fj/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: A villainess crossdress to avoid death flags and becomes a school prince? XD sign me up!
    Description: Cecilia reborn as a villainess who always dies on any route. In that case, I dress as a man to avoid death flags, but capture targets came one after another !?
    [I used Google translate. Please correct me...summary came from https://beans.kadokawa.co.jp/product/series146/321904000238.html]
    tagging @kenar

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    arlovebird, lychee, Wujigege and 6 others like this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting!

lychee and earp like this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck does that mean? Yuri?

4. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    welp. i don't have any idea but i dont think its yuri. just mistranslation.
    Edit: never mind. i took out that part

5. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't those men gay then? Since they were attracted to the male her. Unless they already knew that the villainess was crossdressing.

6. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

earp likes this.
  7. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hana-kimi crossing into Otome reincarnation novels? Interesting.

earp and Anra7777 like this.
  8. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    The original says something like: “She was chosen as a candidate (rival) only for being a woman. In that case, I’ll become a man in other to avoid these flags!”

It sounds pretty funny and interesting! It looks short too...I’ll try to read the raws now! Thank you for the recommendation! I hope someone picks this up too!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    earp likes this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh crossdressing and villaness reincarnation. Interesting.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, if she is crossdressing and the capture flags approach her nonetheless then from Otomo becomes BL?

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The cover makes it obvious that it is most likely a reverse harem

12. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a safe pick to translate since it's short and already concluded. The usual otome game reincarnation albeit a simpler version and less intricate than the others competitor series, the crossdressing part have some of it's funny moments. I personally find this series quite entertaining for a single reading experience.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok...it doesn't look like anyone took up this project and I was thinking about trying to go for a short-term solo translation project to improve my Japanese and editing skills. :blobthinkingsmirk: So guys, let me know what you think of the following text. I only did the intro and prologue but if it's passable, I'll try to stockpile some chapters before looking for someone to host it for me.:blobsweat: Don't hold back on the feedback...I can take it... *steels heart and soul* :sweating_profusely:

Introduction

Dear father and mother.
    Please forgive this daughter who is tainted.
    I, Cecilia Silvy, will strive to continue to live in peace ...

I decided to become a man!

Kanzaki Hiyono reincarnated as Cecilia Silvy, the villainess lady of the otome game "Wruhel School Saint Princess 3".
    To avoid her miserable future, she decided to spend her time at Wruhel School, the main stage of the game... as a man.
    Will she be able to finish her school life without anybody knowing that she is a woman?!

◆ Villainess × Crossdressing × Slapstick Love Comedy ◆

Prologue

Dear father and mother.
    Please forgive this daughter who is tainted.
    I, Cecilia Silvy, will strive to continue to live in peace ...

I decided to become a man!

The Duke's daughter Cecilia Silvy realized “that” when she was only five years old.

It was like overturning the truth of her existence and touching the true reality of this world. At first, it was unimaginable for a person like her that a worried mother and a maid with scared faces would bring in a doctor to her bedroom, even though it was easily accepted by the mind of the five-year-old Cecilia. Still, she couldn't pretend to lose sight of the distorted and the black future that awaited her in this world, and after a strong fever, she fell asleep for a week.

The truth that Cecilia remembered. That is……

This was the world of the otome game “Wruhel School Saint Princess 3” and that she was a reincarnator.

And Cecilia Silvy is the main character Lean's love rival. She was a person in the position of the appointed villainess.

Before she realized that, she thought it was really strange.

She had the impression of having weird mixed memories different from Cecilia, like knowing someone before meeting them for the first time, or imagining a meal called “instant cup noodles” that she had never eaten, but could still remember the real texture and taste that would make her drool.

That's why her parents thought she was a bit special...but still loved her very much. Rather, she was a single daughter and was spoiled rotten. She bought everything she ever wanted, and the servants and maids were told to give Cecilia a priority over anything and be prepared to fulfill every single demand she had.

That was exactly what made Cecilia grow to be an unrivaled spoiled child, an absurd girl.

Cecilia until that time was an extremely selfish person.

She couldn't help but think she was the absolute center of the world, and her sense of money was so loose that couldn't be measured. She thought that if she cried and complained, there wouldn't be a wish that could not be fulfilled, and believed that her future was set to be brilliant and distinguished.

That personality suddenly changed when they met.

Gilbert Coleson. Currently, Gilbert Silvy.

A younger boy who was taken from the distant Coleson family and became Cecilia's stepbrother.

At that moment, Cecilia received a strong shock as if she was struck down by lightning, and then froze on the spot.

She knew that boy.

Gilbert Silvy is a young man who was one of the capture targets of "Wruhel School Saint Princess 3".

He appears as an isolated young man who is somber and calm. Was it because he was treated like a manservant by Cecilia, his stepsister, even though he was the heir of the Sylvy family?

His age, face, and expression were different from the one in her memories, but his dark and shiny hair like a wet raven and profoundly dark emerald eyes were the same.

And then, memories of her previous life resurfaced one after another ---

However, at this point, Cecilia could still try to reconsider and deny this reality...

It's just like that. Usually, one can't believe this kind of setting. However, in the memories of her previous life that could not be hidden, her selfish ego was perfectly reproduced there.

That discomfort started to shape into certainty the following month after Gilbert came to live with the Silvy family. It was the first time she attended a social event with her father.

She met another one again. A capture target...

Oscar Abel Prospere.

In the Prospere Kingdom, he was the firstborn son of the king. In other words, he is the crown prince of this country and the man who will become Cecilia's fiance two years later.

As soon as she realized the true identity of that red-haired cheeky boy, Cecilia fell foaming from her mouth.

It could be said it was the shock from having finally accepted an impossible reality, but the most correct reason for it is that she despaired and feared the end of her life.

There is no satisfactory ending for Cecilia Silvy in "Wruhel School Saint Princess 3".

Awaiting for her there is only "death while suffering" or "instant death".

Realizing that she might die at the age of 17, she made a big decision in preparation for the future in the coming 12 years.

“Okay. I’ll become a man!”

Yes, Cecilia Silvy decided to become a man to avoid her miserable future.

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    ME!!! :blobparty:
    I call DIBBS!!
    I need the money novel traffic :blobsweat::blobcheeky:

Snowbun likes this.
  15. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL Thanks for the offer but I was looking more for feedback on the readability of the translation right now.
    I rely 50% on MTL since I'm not fluent...

Raidou99 likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My translators are swamped but I could try to get the same passage translated if you sent me the snippet in Japanese

17. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    It's right here?! Eeeeh...but I don't think it needs to be retranslated?

:blobcat_hyper: wait...are you picking this up then?

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I would do a teaser at most

19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks pretty good! You did a good job overall! There are only a few things that stroke me as a bit weird... I'll quote them here.
    "Lean" as a person's name sounds really really weird in English. There is no right or wrong way to romanize someone's name from Japanese to English, but I really think "Lean" is a bad choice.

I'd go with "Rin", it sounds natural and is how you'd read it in Japanese anyways. The exact way you'll translate it is up to you, but I'd highly recommend changing "Lean" to something else.
    This sentence sounds a bit weird. Like... "she thought it was really strange" doesn't look like the full sentence... As in, what is "It" referring to?

You can grasp the meaning by looking at the next paragraph, but this sentence still strikes me as odd. I'd swap the "it" for something else, like... "She thought there was something really strange with her life", for example.

I don't think there is a magical word that can enter in place of "it" in this sentence and make it look better though, so I'd just swap it and change the order of things around a bit in order to make the sentence make more sense.

It's still fine as is though, the context does indicate what she is talking about... I just don't like this choice of words very much.
    I'm not sure this translation is correct... I think the parents are the ones that bought everything she ever wanted, not herself.

Not 100% sure on it though, my Japanese isn't that great either... But I think the parents are the ones doing the buying here.
    Appears is a really odd choice of word in this situation... He "looks like an isolated" might be better perhaps?

I don't think it's necessarily wrong though, it just strikes me as an odd choice.

Those were the only passages I didn't like much! Everything else looked wonderful! Great job out there! ^^)/

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck! ^^)/

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.