LCD Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta. (ELIZA)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amusing though. She'd be a good sadist

Poor_Hero likes this.
  2. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    eh? sadistic female mc? hm.... then, who will tame her in the end?

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    No one. She's the harem master. She'll beat them all into shape if you know what I mean ;)

Poor_Hero likes this.
  4. Poor_Hero

Reading List:
    Link
    holy, a doll is for secret communication? never knew that coming....

5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm super happy that we're getting regular updates again. There's been a lot of hints regarding Eliza's character these past few chapters. It's funny how she is always so calm and composed in her mind, but in the latest chapter for example, it shows that deep down, she's a big softie.

Unless you messed with her domain's people, in which case get ready to be horribly maimed.

It must be stressful to be all that but at the same time do one's utmost to uphold one's duties. She really got pushed down a path that, while she's pretty good at, isn't really what she wants. I mean, initially, she wanted lots of farmers to grow rice and pumpkins, instead she got an elite cavalry. If it weren't for this pesky war and these pesky bandits, she'd probably rather drown herself in tr paperwork. o,o

Regarding Eliza's inner dialogue not feeling real: it flows much more smoothly later on. What's important to understand though is that:
    - There is a large gap between what she thinks and what she feels. Our protagonist has the EQ of a newt, she can't even tell when she's feeling lonely or boiling with rage until someone else('s reactions) clues her in.
    - There is a large gap between her intellectual age and her emotional age. She has the intelligence of an adult, but still has the emotions of a child (emotionally fragile, and heck, only a kid starts sulking when others treat her as a child)

She pays a huge price for killing off her family too: she lost the ability to trust others, she sealed away any hopes of having a loving family (even though the still-child her wishes for one), and throughout the series, she's haunted by memories.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Poor_Hero likes this.
  6. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still waiting for the school arc chapters. Can't wait to see how she interact with the capture targets. I didn't really bother if her thoughts or actions are unrealistic. I'm currently interested how Ratoka's character develops. I wonder if he will stop wearing the maid outfit one day.

Poor_Hero and Arcturus like this.
  7. Poor_Hero

Reading List:
    Link
    Ratoka's growing up like Eliza, kuh XD so cute and dark XD

8. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That thread regarding which novels would make the best games made me realize that Akuyaku Tensei would totally make an awesome game. xD It'd be a mix of those character management games, with land management, turn-based tactical RPG and otome game components. You'd basically have:
    1. Character management: You decide on your character's schedule each week, including combat training, education, setting events such as visits to the capital, side-quests etc.
    2. Land management: You get a map and decide things such as land reform, (later) settling down refugees and immigrants, assigning people to harvest (choose crop and land)/land reform/building/military corps/etc., taxation, trade, etc. You can choose either to be a competent lord, or become a despotic one like your father.
    3. Turn-based tactical RPG: Like Fire Emblem and Tactic Ogres. Along with your troops, you clear out local beasts and monsters at first, but later get involved in war campaigns (not necessarily all from Eliza's POV). There are several campaigns for Jufgena alone (accompany the Shiru tribe, command the army as Ergnade to wipe out the enemy and reconquer the Fort, protect Earl Einsbark, survive X turns as Elise until being rescued)
    4. Otome component: You interact with people around you and can increase their favorability (includes political ties, friendship and romance).
    In fact, the game can branch out into several routes:
    - Support the Crown Prince
    - Support the First Prince
    - Declare independence and do your own thing
    Coupled with difference coupling choices for each route, and also consequences depending on how your fare at land management and campaigns, it'd be a game with many endings. :D

Ratoka is growing up surprisingly well. I guess seeing Eliza nearly waste away jostled some sense and effort into him. xD

Nahrenne, PotatoZero, Ophious and 2 others like this.
  9. Poor_Hero

Reading List:
    Link
    gods' dispute??? o_O or organization's dispute???

10. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr

11. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the Shanak temple. You know, the SHANAK temple, the one Kamil's mother came from! Conspiracies everywhere! *__*

And if the gods really Are involved, maybe they're the ones responsible for this war that Eliza had no recollections of. I hope they don't get too involved though, we don't need this turning into a xianxia. xD (I don't think that'll happen fortunately) I also like how Faris told Eliza that there is no destiny: there is no purpose for Eliza to be here. In other words, she is free to find her own purpose.

Though it's still suspicious how Priest Faris knows what's up with her.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  12. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like how the gods are suddenly introduced.

13. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I don't like having Gods around too much either (because of JPN and Xianxia propensity to then go the 'MC -> OP -> God' route, which would totally mess up Akuyaku Tensei's storytelling style until now), to be fair on the author, the worldbuilding did leave room for gods or at least a lot of religion or magic:
    - Arxia has religious origins (its founder St. Ahar was the descendant of the founder of the Ar Xia church)
    - Arxia governance is heavily religion-based, with the law being part of the Sacred Code and the Church handling the justice system
    - There are magical beasts in this story
    - Priest Faris knew what Eliza did the first time she met her
    - Priest Faris has the 'eyes of god', and happens to be this creepy person with difficult-to-define gender and age
    - oh and, we have the protagonist

The way Faris put it though, even if Eliza's presence may be due to some divine meddling, there is no destiny, so it'll probably keep with Eliza getting things done the hard way and not divine power-ups.

Besides, nothing I've figured out through MTL so far shows any gods running around, which is quite reassuring. Hopefully they'll remain in the background.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  14. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt consider her a loli though, she has the bearing and speech of an adult and doesn't say cringy shit like "nani, desu" or refer to herself in 3rd person. Rather she reminds me of unsociable, mature little boys ive met irl. The kind who are either prodigial or their parents gave them college textbooks for their second birthdays.

The word 'loli" either brings to mind an undersized body with an oversized head and a mind development that stopped developing at the age of 3. Or an extremely malnourished adult woman who is similarly lacking nutrients in the brain. Eliza is thankfully neither.

15. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome, it turns out that there was a mistranslation and it was just in-fighting in the Church, not among the gods. I'm actually relieved. I'm glad the translator fixed that fast. :D So Eliza just deals with humans from the Church, not some fishy higher existence. Good good.

@Biah_belle You're right, Eliza is like one of those young prodigies who are grumpy because they've been forced to grow up too fast. She seemed to get torture instruments instead of textbooks before her second birthday though. Then Earl Terejia took over, and Then she got textbooks for her birthdays. And probably pointy things. No wonder she's grumpy.

She did get a doll once though. With a coded message. xD

SO ANYWAY, no Gods Yay!

Arcturus and Poor_Hero like this.
  16. Poor_Hero

Reading List:
    Link
    don't forget the candy! (with secret message too!)

Arcturus likes this.
  17. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of these days she'll get a birthday cake, then start taking it apart looking for secret messages while others wonder what she's doing.

She'll also be checking the wrapping of any gifts she gets. xD

Rangeles and Arcturus like this.
  18. Poor_Hero

Reading List:
    Link
    so we have a domain lord that is a detective, a jail supervisor, military officer, and architect who designs the city... what else does she need to do now? Cooking Japanese recipe like other orthodox Japanese reincarnators do?

SleepyFox likes this.
  19. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please... I don't need another cooking novel :cry:
    Queue 'Search for rice and soy sauce' arc.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  20. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    no idea where i left off on. gonna start from the beginning.

Poor_Hero likes this.