Discussion Alice tale in phantasmagoria/Convoluted dialogue annoying as F***

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Like a lot of japanese novels the dialogue extremely difficult to follow, most times I don't know who is talking, wtf they're talking about or even where they are and often the author writes far too many of mc's thoughts of which 80 percent isn't even relevant or useful to the story or situation and can be completely skipped. When that happens you'll get an small couple of paragraphs of characters interacting with the rest being filler.

How are people supposed to read these novels without getting a popped blood vessel from frustration?

xchronicles likes this.
  2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    It's smoother in jp (kek). Well, it depends on the translator, i guess.

3. mattu10599

mattu10599 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Times like these is when a good editor can really save the day by using italics and quotes effectively and using parebthetocals to show who's speaking.

Other than that you really have to find what novels work for you and drop them if they become tedious.

Unfortunately I mostly stomach the parts I don't like in the hopes that it gets better

4. Eklair

Eklair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because the flow of the story isn't very good, don't know if its author or translator.

5. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything is easier in sauce language, otherwise it's completely up to the TL and editor to make shit flow properly, so that you don't have problems like this. Granted, I haven't read this novel, so idk if it's that, or if it's just you ;)

6. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it is translated. In the raw, who is talking is apparent because each character have a different way of talking.

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    At least the editor of tlers should put the speaker's name behind the text or something.