Discussion Alice (that b*tch)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by -Timewaster-, Jul 1, 2017.

1. -Timewaster-

-Timewaster- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that girl from Coiling Dragon, Linley's first girlfriend, who we spent a good amount of chapters seeing him go out of his way to sneak up on her balcony multiple times to meet her. We saw them get closer and closer with each chapter and the more the MC started to love her, the more we (not sure about everyone else but certainly me) started to love her all the way till she went and pulled the BITCHIEST bitch move I have ever seen a woman pull in xianxia history ever. It wasn't that I was angry that she didn't love the MC or that she went to someone else, I was sort of ok with that bcuz the FIRST ONE is not always THE ONE. What really ticked me off was the fact that just up and out of the blue, stopped meeting with Linley. No message, no note, nothing to explain why she stopped. Then she made it worse with her explanation to the other guy: ' since I stopped seeing him he should get the message'. I swear it broke my heart to see the MC when he found out cause good character development made me almost as attached to her just as much as the MC. I think after that I think the most xianxia readers took Alice as some sort of meme and any time they saw a bitchy character they would compare her with Alice.
    Which female characters do you know out there that shattered the MC's heart as much as Alice?

2. nerebear

nerebear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a rational move that didnt play out well for her.

3. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    yea but that gave him divine inspiration for a statue.

4. Aizael

Aizael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alice didnt do nothing wrong! screw all you who thinks otherwise

:coffee:

5. ZeusTheAlmighty

ZeusTheAlmighty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rachel(TOG)
    [​IMG]

Enken and Zackarov like this.
  6. -Timewaster-

-Timewaster- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It still hur tho. And I aint got no divine inspiration so I felt it worse than Linley

7. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the same thing has happened in a lot of books. sheng wang, martial world, one of the dragon titled book with assassin reincarnator mc (i think its martial dragon emperor but not sure), imperial god emperor (the one with poddle from dragon blood lake and mc who mourn parents for three years).

8. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Sh actually quite a pitiful girl...

9. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't like her from the start. I was glad she chose wrong.

10. Gilgamesh223

Gilgamesh223 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well we all knew that the other one (I forgot the name) was the first one we ever got to read about so she just had to be the final lover of our dear protagonist

11. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I CAN RELATE MY FELLOW ALICE-IS THE WAIFU-FUN CLUB MEMBER.
    Everything wad going nice and sweet and then suddenly the author was like. "Hmmmm... you know what screw Alice i don't like her" and then she vanished and probably died in the beast tide... it ws the greatest turn-off all the novels i have read. And his later wife was just bad! No talent 0 character development. All in all author screwed up in the first part and pulled this joke until the end. He pretty much abandoned the wife part and he focused on a tiger that we don't even know what happened to it like what the hell

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always felt that people completely overreacted to the Alice situation, since they've never had actual relationship before and couldn't handle losing their fantasy. Especially since CD is tbh at best an average example of romance and character relationships

Sena, Mangochic, asriu and 2 others like this.
  13. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same thing in martial world ? which girl ?

14. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    ?????

15. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I still think people overreacted regarding Alice, she merely made a missguided decision that was not motivated by any malice, and I had a hard time to sympathize with Linley when he clearly had no interest in finding out "why" it happened before publicly making her a laughingstock in a way that effectively would have ruined her life if the country hadn't gone up in flames anyway.

Mangochic, Vocah, asriu and 1 other person like this.
  16. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Yunyue. She was supposed to go with ling meng to a low teir sect and practice cultivation together as they were childhood sweethearts that were dating. They were childhood sweet hearts but she broke it off in the shittiest manner possible. She instead sought a rich clan member in a better sect and started a relation with him. She did not want to live as a mortal forever and as such she started a relationship with rich guy (mc got ntrd). She basically wanted wanted to keep her youth and get benefits which she knew were not possible if she stayed with mc. you can imagine she regretted later when mc rise like dragon. She is mentioned many times later and is even given time in the novel but is shown living as a mortal up until she is used to anger mc. The mc no longer cared for her as a loved one but gave her an opportunity to practice in top teir sect as a final gift (you can say to severe their karma and no longer have any connection to each other).

In Sheng Wang (or Sage Emperor translated by toomuchnoob), the MC is betrayed in the very first chapter by his love (same in martial world and the, IGE and Dragon Martial Emperor. Kind of a running theme). she only used mc to get pill while he gets his cultivation ruined for stealing pill.

In IGE, the MC's parents are dead (murdered) and he is a filial person so he mourns their loss for three years. At first the childhood friend (that he helped because she was poor and they started a relationship with MC) was understanding but later she was like "are you an idiot, they are dead and you are wasting time." she later becomes an antagonists thinking he is a waste but quickly she find out he is super genius cultivator but she still antagonistic.

In DME, it's more direct. The MC's fiance does not want to marry MC as he is a waste and sucks at cultivation. She hires his servants to kill him which they do leaving a chance for reincarnated assassin MC to inhabit the wastes fiance's body.

Like I said, these aren't really spoilers as they are literally the first things stated in the very first chapter of all these novels. It's a running theme in these novel but these are the ones I remember of hand. Sorry I can't remember the names of most MC's but I do remember what happened in the novels.

Edit: I forgot Battle Through the Heavens, the MC's fiance breaks off engagement due to MC being a waste but ghost grandpa in ring trains him and the have a three year scheduled fight. I can assume that everyone will know who is the winner of that fight if you've read CN xuanhuan novels.

Also happened in Lord Xueying by IET but that happens around book 3-6 and that would spoil it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  17. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember how I felt about it at the time, but looking back on it, it was quite fortunate that that had happened. Before that, nothing note worthy had happened. Looking back on it, Alice helped humanize the world of Coiling Dragon to a degree. Coiling Dragon, is not really that good. However, it did have it occasional moments of "that's alright" and Alice was one of them.

After that, the way Alice was handled was quite Shitty. It would have been better for her to fade into the background. Would have been a much better use of her character, then what came after. 'Cause that was petty. Not a good way either. Not to help humanize Linley through his own pettiness, but, the Author's own way of being petty towards her.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  18. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From USAW, the girl she met at the first chapter. After she (almost) tricked MC, her role ends there. She got no more screentime after that.