Request All the Cannonfodder in the world.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Hoshiandme, May 10, 2019.

1. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    So.
    There’s a crap ton of Cannonfodder, Slag shou saving, faceslapping, transmigration, scum shoving, ML hugging, golden thigh hopping novels out there.

I’m scrolling through novelupdates and like new novels about Cannonfodder counterattacking pops up. And I’m like.... I WANNA READ CAUSE I LIKE THE GENRE. But. -looks down- 2 mofoing chapters.... and I look at ALL THE OTHER CANNONFODDER BL NOVELS... 8 chapters... 4 chapters... 6 chapters...

So like. If everyone’s liking these Cannonfodder attack novels like me, and a lot of people decide to translate it, I’m over here just pondering.
    Why don’t we pull together ALL of our resources, and focus on one novel at a time, so we’ll have more actual finished novels and a wider variety when the said novels are done?
    If we all worked together and tried to finish one novel, than wouldn’t we have more novels faster and quicker? All these different groups and people translating different novels. But they are all REALLY similar really, like they have their differences. But the basis is the same.

2. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m going to die before all the good novels finish translating.

3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    On the other hand, TLs will die trying to satisfy readers by completing novels fast... The worst is when a TL burns out IMO. Then you go from heaven to hell as chapters dwindle off...

Hoshiandme likes this.
  4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many cooks in the kitchen I imagine. Look at the LMS translation. It's a bit of a mess to read because the translators switched so often.

5. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve seen that too. It’s sad. And what do you mean by satisfy specifically? All these TLs working on the same novel with little difference here and there. So I can assume most translators will enjoy the novel. And I know that most translators are fans of the work too and read while they translate.

That could be true. But if they had someone manage everything and made sure everyone was on point for a schedule. Than it would be doable, and it’s not that hard. You do one chapter this week, you get a week off, the other TL will do this one, than switch and switch.

6. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Easier said than done

Capsize, Hoshiandme and Arumanfi like this.
  7. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but you forget, to translate something, you need a context of what happened before
    otherwise you'll face the LMS accident over and over again with ppl using their own glossary, or translating some event from previous chapter into something different

8. Arumanfi

Arumanfi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute post

9. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. It takes dedication to manage such a group. And a lot of TLs are rather slow because they are always busy IRL, and have things to do in life that keeps them away. So having a little break helps.
    Oh that’s true. But well, that’s why there should a guideline and constant communication. You have a question, ask it, and than continue asking till you understand.

Uh thanks? I’m just discussing the possibilities. Since so many novels have popped up in this genre, and that working together to help one another finish a novel would not be too difficult.

10. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's the problem
    the missing context will have to wait until the previous translator done with the chapter
    let me give you a logical example

Chapter 2 context is needed before you can translate chapter 3 correctly
    so, even if they're using the same glossary, they still need to wait for chapter 2 [let's say there's a major event going on, you need to fully understand where it stays before starting to translate chapter 3]

What you want to achieve is let a few translator groups do the translation separately, so when the translations are done, you get like 5 chapters at once.
    BUT, with the above reason, each translator group will have to wait until the previous chapter being half done or done completely before starting their own
    It's a vicious cycle, don't you think so?

Hoshiandme likes this.
  11. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I understand your point, this cycle is rather vicious. No wonder translation groups are hard to do.