Am I just paranoid or is my sister digging pits for me?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dahksahna, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a long one.

The issue is, this morning, I woke to my mother in a pique about she telling me to do something last night and I did it this morning (a bit of a time sensitive task), I woke up in time to correct her I did it around 12 am last night (which was fine), to which my sister inputted that it was technically morning; I woke up early around 6am to do some cleaning up, my mother thought I did it at that time which would've been way too late (my sister knows this, didn't bother to correct mom)

Also, I am sensitive to artificial lights (will literally fall sick if exposed too long) my sister knows this, she witnessed this herself with me reminding her, I shit you not, well over a hundred times, literally started arguments about this, well anyways, I woke up feeling sick and I know the lights were on for hours, direct exposure to me, in the morning, where the room is 30% windows and all of them were open.

Another time was when I told her some sensitive info that could literally ruin a person's marriage, her promising me to keep shit to herself (imo I thought we were close at this time to tell each other everything). If this (very private) info was spread they would know that it was me that did it, my good sister used this info to attack the other person when they were arguing, dragging me, the unrelated person into the fight between them, which nearly ruined my relationship with said person (person is the type to not listen to anyone's advice or anything regarding her relationship until reality slaps her awake, if anyone is interested, she knows the info my sister gave, she questioned me after the whole fiasco for the truth, I told her, she called me a liar; reality hasn't slapped her yet)

It would take too long for me to come up with a list of all the other BS she's done but they were all on this level.

So, am I paranoid or has my good sister has been digging pits for me?

I want a second opinion before I deal with her toxic ass

CosmicInsomniac and Fossil like this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    First things first, there is a reason it is called a secret, so keep it to yourself
    Next, on that level, that is a normal siblings relationship, I wouldn't call you close siblings :blobsweat_2:, competition between siblings is normal especially in front of parents

3. thesilvergunner

thesilvergunner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, if its already gotten to the point where you already consider her toxic, than this isn't even a discussion. As a rando internet person, who you can blame for bad advice(even if it isn't) allow me to be the one to tell you to deal with her.

imK and Sabruness like this.
  4. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a younger sister but an older one. Luckily we raised (for some reason) the other way around, as if i was the older one. I swear, I do not trust her. Through many of my life's experiences, one valuable lesson i have learned is to not trust any woman, ever. The source of many of those experiences is my sister, cousin sister, and another cousin sister. Of course, i never reveal my distrust out right, but deep down, i am always wary. Learn hide your thoughts behind a smiling face. Never share your secrets with someone who CAN use it.

mir, Sabruness and Sawanara murasaki like this.
  5. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to presume but it will be good to direct your concerns to your sister, life is not a soap opera so it might be the simplest situation is the answer. Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained as ignorance.
    But I'd advice you to be really careful around her just to be safe.
    Can't say I understand you since I trust my sisters a lot

6. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    Assert your dominance and pee on her.

7. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit on her face while she sleeps - that'll teach her...

8. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I see...

RELEASE THE WOLVES!!

9. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh, what a terrible sister... I’d stay out of it but your not being paranoid since that indeed happen. Idk what advice to give as I don’t know the person she attacked with that info. If it were me, I wouldn’t be friends with the person who hasn’t seen reality yet

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  10. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys sure have some weird fetish... Don't listen to them. Just tie her up and tickle her with a toothbrush. Until she's broken.

11. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    What you pointed out is bad, very bad, and proves that.... that she is your blood sister. No shit. They are all like that. Siblings. Shitlings are what they are.

12. Sadim

Sadim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just my take on things so feel free to ignore it:
    For one... Most people don't give a fuck about another person's 'quirks'. Be it being sensitive to artificial light or sounds (my case) they'll always forget until it's too late already and then they'll just shrug and move on if it's too late to do anything.
    And... If you know something and you feel pressured... and that information would let you escape that pressure (or extra work) then you will - more likely than not - use it. Even if you'd (usually) know it's wrong or are later reminded of that... you (most likely) just didn't think of it at that moment.

PS: To answer your question... she's human. Humans are like that. Doesn't mean you have to like it. Nor does it mean you can't return the (Dis-)favour.

mir likes this.
  13. manga2000

manga2000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She may or may not be doing it intentionally but i think its a good idea to refrain from telling her important secrets from now on since she's proven that she is loose lipped and unreliable.

I dont think that you should outright persecute her because it may ruin your relationship. I have no good suggestion though. Maybe just tell her to knock it off or passive aggressively threaten her? Idk.

14. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I calmed down and thought it through, I read the responses, conclusion is to be wary wary of her but not distrustful
    Didn't want a bad relationship with Sis even though she is an ass (blood relative and all that jazz), I'll just watch out for her from now on, I'll give her the benefit of a doubt that it wasn't maliciously intended
    Thank you guys for responding, some made me laugh

15. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The title lead me to believe your sister was pranking you by actually digging pits. Guess I was wrong...

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, we have very limited amount of information on what happened and only your own biased point of view, so... If we are to judge things from where you're standing, your sister is totally going against you on purpose.

However, that is not the whole picture, we do not have access to the whole picture (and neither does you, but you have a better view of it than us), so any attempt we can make to understand the situation will be ultimately flawed.

My best advice in this kind of situation is to sit down, and calmly sit down with your sister, and talk about the current situation, how you're feeling about it, and trying to understand her point of view on it.
    I need to stress this point a bit more... CALMLY talk to her about the matter at hand. You need to make her 100% sure you just want to talk and have a peaceful conversation as adults to try understanding and fixing a situation that is currently troubling you to a considerable extent. If you try fighting with her, you won't get nowhere and you'll only damage your relationship further. You don't want a fight, you don't want to antagonize her. You want to understand her point of view and the reason behind her actions, and for that, you need to be calm and make sure that she understand you do not want to start a fight with her.

I hope this helps a bit, troublesome family relations are always hard to handle, but I hope things go well for you~

mir, 25th bamm and imK like this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    slap her~
    then stay away~
    that when talking to her become useless~

18. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, really?
    [​IMG]

19. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    • Dig a pit.
    • Throw her in.
    • Fill up pit.
    • Dust off hands.
    • Eat ice cream.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  20. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shitsters are like that. Yell at her a few times then forget about it because I can bet she'll forget whatever you said in 10 min too. Show her signs of displeasure by digging pits for her once in a while or she'll take your passiveness for granted.