Amazing Cultivation Simulator

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ongoingwhy, Jul 8, 2020.

1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    mir and Lurking like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks more like you cultivate a society, rather than what we'd expect when we hear cultivation.

Lurking likes this.
  3. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope.

And it's not a cultivation game, it's a cultivation themed game.
    If you want cultivation, go play a monk in 9dragons and play the minigame where you have to time unlocking your points at the right time else suffer.

Edit: Sorry, it seems it has changed from some point to a simple left, right, both click

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  4. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/955900/view/2779241325206833632

The English version is coming soon.

What do you mean by cultivation themed game? Like I said it's basically Rimworld set in a cultivation world. You literally have to make the characters cultivate to make them stronger. There's body cultivation and even animals can cultivate.

I used to play 9dragons when it first released. If I recalled correctly, it was more like a Wuxia game. Also, Blade and Souls is far more like a Xianxia game than 9dragons.

5. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    A Cultivation simulator, "Cultivation game" in my book, would have you undergo the cultivation yourself.
    Like a Sims university DLC just with Cultivation focus instead and the hands-on ability that some jobs like the police job have.

Otherwise all you have is a glorified cultivation themed game. A sort of horticulture if you will, with added action.

Anything where you're just planting things down, buildings things up and waiting for shit to go down isn't a simulator.
    It's a RTS or whatever equivalent a School tycoon game would be like, just turned a bit more active. A time management game.

6. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    However, I will stand corrected if the world is already all built up around you and all you're doing is controlling one character of your own, influencing others to join you, fight them, cause things to happen.

But from point of things, as I see from the trailer, all I see is a whole lot of pre-made scenarios (5 people summoning a beast), a whole pyramid of people flying from one side of the screen to the other, you having to pull the character around with the mouse...
    It just seems like a Crush Crush with extra steps

7. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Heck, with the new trailer... I can't believe they even dodged the bullet of using the Chinese name for it and just tossed the Japanese Katakana for the name...

8. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    The game is a lot more complex than you think and far more complex than a Sims 4 dlc. You don't just sit around and wait for the characters to grow stronger.

Look at 2:33 onward.

9. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    So it's just a cultivation themed Rimworld with selectable character upgrades?

10. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I already said that in the first post. Were you expecting an action game or something?

11. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    I was expecting a simulator

Game name:
    Post name:
    Game:

Rimworld à la Cultivation

12. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Rimworld is a simulator. :blobawkward:

13. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Rimworld is a Sandbox time management game

14. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    RimWorld is an indie top-down construction and management simulation video game by Montreal-based developer Ludeon Studios. :blobwoah:

15. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, Wikipedia, if you look up a List of Simulation video games on your site, you will notice that among the City-building list of games, the only odd one out is Rimworld and I'd argue it doesn't even belong there.
    Heck, I'd even sooner put Banished on that list than Rimworld.

16. deathcoy

deathcoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like Rimworld but with cultivation.
    Less survival aspects and more on RPG(the whole cultivation system is like an RPG mechanic). The cultivation system is inspired by ISSTH imo and its other features are drawn from novels like True Martial World and Emperor's Domination.

I got 500hrs into the game, its really good. You set up a sect and manage a group of Outer Disciples and Inner Disciples.
    Outer Disciples are basically mortals and responsible for menial work and maintenance like building, repair, crafting or growing spirit herbs. You always need to have Outer Disciples.
    Inner Disciples are your true cultivators. So far there are 3 types of cultivation, absolutely different from each other.

The typical Qi Cultivator, Qi Condensation - Qi Refinement - Golden Core(Grade 1 to 9) - Nascent Soul - Demi Immortal - Ascend to Immortal(Xian).
    Its quite in depth. Your pawn's stats are really important. Like in ISSTH, breakthrough for Golden Core realm is where it matters most, Grade 1-9 and determines how strong your Disciple is at Nascent Soul and Demi Immortal. There is a big strength disparity between a Nascent Soul of Grade 1 GC and a Nascent Soul of Grade 8 GC. If your disciple don't have strong latent stats, you can use external help, i.e. herbs/treasures/pills or even get a Nascent Soul senior to "reconstruct" their constitution to boost their latent stats. Breakthroughs are also a complex affair. You need the right conditions and right time. Some laws sync with winter, at midnight, with water feng shui element room, high Qi environment, high mental fortitude etc. If you wanna aim for high grade cores, you'll need to meticulously plan the breakthough.

There are quite a few Cultivation Laws. Your pawns can only cultivator one law to immortality. Each law has a unique Skill Tree, you can spend comprehension points to take up skills and passives you need. In addition, they can also learn Secret Arts, essentially skills from other Laws or Standalone skills(you need to hunt for these scriptures via quests, trading with other sects, robbing others etc), its kinda like DnD multiclass and like how cultivators in novels learn supplementary arts like battle movement arts or spell arts. Different Cultivation Laws have different methods of cultivation. Some involves basic meditation while others like the 9 Turns Golden Elixir Law requires specific Pills for breakthroughs so you gotta craft or buy them. There are others that require the cultivator to spend time doing "away missions" in mortal villages and towns as part of their cultivation and also others that needs "inspiration", basically your cultivator needs to critical craft when crafting stuff.

Cultivation Laws are also like RPG Class system. Each law have different stat requirements so you'd want high Luck and Physique for your pawn cultivating Heaven Stealing Law. Great Bear Law is your typical warrior class, relies on your weapon/treasures. Three Sun Refining Law is like a mage class and their DPS comes from using spells thus you'll need a big Qi pool. Myriad Treasures Law is a crafter class, poor combat but a lot of skills and passives for boosting weapon/treasure crafting. Sunflower Refining Law is for women only(if your pawn is a male, he'll lose his dick), it has extremely high Qi pool. Qi pool is like mana, it also functions as a mana shield, once its dry, you pawn takes HP dmg and limb dmg. Qi pool also feeds into your treasures so they can attack and defend for you. Spells also need Qi to activate.

Once your cult hits Demi Immortal you'll get frequent Heavenly Tribulation, gets stronger after each tribulation you survive(some laws get heavenly tribulation as early as Golden Core). Eventually you'd want to ascend your cult to Xian cos they won't survive the tribulation. They will "leave" the game but you'll get an altar where your sect can pray to your immortal for rewards.

2nd type of cultivation is Body Cultivator, they focus more on physical body cultivation instead of Qi and are melee oriented. They get essence points from eating stuff like treasures and items or meditating in specific conditions(i.e. on full moon, in winter season, fire fengshui room). They consume these essence to strengthen their body parts like bones, flesh, stomach, liver, heart etc which increases your stats like defense, attack, crit etc. They can also equip Super Parts(kinda like Cyberpunk 2077 where you can equip cybernetic augments) to their body, which provides special functions and stats boost. Body Cults are powerful in 1v1 as they have insane offense or defense but suffers in 1vMany as they do not have enough mana shield and only have 1-4 limbs to block attacks. There are a few different types of Body Cultivation Laws. Also Demon Beast race make powerful Body Cultivators, they can get specialized stats and also unlock more Super Part slots.

3rd type of cultivation is Divine Cultivator, where its more oriented to religion. Its special in a way that your pawn has dual cultivation. You have the normal cultivation, Qi Condensation-Qi Refinement-Golden Core AND you have the divinity cultivation where you lose your humanity and increase your divinity. Divine Cults are important as they help remove obsessions(massive debuff) from your other cultivators. They can eventually set up a divine throne where you have believers and a divine kingdom, unlike Qi Cultivators, you don't have a skill tree, instead you invest in your divine kingdom, you acquire followers, you build divine buildings that unlock skills and abilities for you. This cultivation type has one of the most complicated system, a lot of the cultivation process involves planning and balancing between the different phases and state. Its also the hardest to cultivate(you need massive resources and cultivation takes an insane amount of time) but also one of the strongest cultivators imo. For now theres only 3 types of Divine Cultivation Laws.

Its a long one but you can see how in depth this game is and how faithful it is to the xianxia genre. There are way more mechanics i have not mentioned yet, for example Auctions like you see in every goddamn xianxia novel. You'll need auctions to get rare items or ingredients.
    Also theres an "away mission" mechanic where you send disciples on missions to farm for items or materials.
    You can also send disciples to visit other locations and sects like in Rimworld and you'll have to manually control them. Farm mobs, harvest materials, interact with other sect disciples.
    Your sect can get invaded by other sects, rogue cultivators or monsters.
    There is the demon beast race(besides humans) who have their own mechanics, they can join your sect and they make very, very strong cultivators. Their additional mechanics include a tribulation countdown, where if you survive, they can gain human-beast form and human form.
    There are spirit race also with their own mechanics, basically they are inorganic items that gain spirituality and sentience. I had a Talisman carried by my Sect Master gain sentience and i cultivated her, created a body/vessel for her and she became one of my strongest Talisman Law Cultivator.
    You got end game events like Dragon and Phoenix boss.
    You got a Formations mechanic. You need to plan and create formations, nurture the correct cultivators to man the formations. Formations are important to fight against big threats like the Dragon.
    You got the typical Pill Refinement and Treasure Refinement feature to craft higher tier stuff you need. You can also upgrade their Grade(from rare to epic to legendary to mythic etc), kinda like those MMORPGs. Pills all have resistance, so you cannot spam due to diminishing returns. They also have requirements, so if you have a Grade 9 Golden Core cultivator, you cannot eat a Qi increase pill cos your Qi pool is so weak, your pawn will explode, thats why you'd want a Grade 1 GC.
    You got events like when Immortals descend and you can do certain quests and get special rewards. Theres also the annual Kun Lun competition event, where your cultivators compete to win advanced Cultivation Laws.
    You got a Master and Disciple system. Disciples can learn skills their Master have at half the cost.
    You got a Strand of Consciousness system for Nascent Soul stage where you imbue your items with special skills. Nascent stage also allows you to craft heirloom kinda items, extremely powerful but bound to the pawn.
    You can make your cultivators destroy their dantian and revert back to mortal. This is an important mechanic, min-max players frequently "restart" their cultivators to make them stronger, kinda like a rebirth in Emperor's Domination.
    Theres a "Guardian Beast" feature, remember in Emperor's Domination they got the Calamity God Snail who is like the sect protector for the Cleansing Incense Sect? Its something like that and theres an elaborate mechanic for raising it too.
    ACS also has Spirit Trees, like in xianxia/xuanhuan novels, you have world trees/spirit trees where disciples can harvest dao fruits or meditate to gain enlightenment in their dao. Its in this game too but its quite complex and resource & time intensive.
    You got a longevity system. Like how enemy ancestors burn their longevity blood to fight with the MC. You can do it here. Burn your lifespan for boost your battle prowess for desperate fights. Some important skills also consume longevity.
    Want to be an Evil sect? Sure can, you got skills that allow you to leech from other cultivators like a cultivation furnace, target the opposite sex. Or you can turn defeated cultivators into puppets to help your outer disciples.
    My favourite, defile the corpses of rival sects and invade their consciousness to steal secret arts or cultivation laws.
    Beward, theres a morality system for individuals and for sects too.

Seriously there is too much to talk about. ACS has almost everything from xianxia/xuanhuan novels. I'm at 500hrs gameplay and i still have quite a couple of features i haven't touched yet.
    My only complain is the amount of micro needed. Once you got 10-20 cultivators, managing their cultivation, breakthroughs at the same time managing your sect is just insane micro.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Wowafay, Draakon and ongoingwhy like this.
  17. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for English version :D

18. deathcoy

deathcoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Official english translation is already out.

19. Draakon

Draakon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is great game about managing cultivation sect. It maybe started suspiciously similar to the Rimworld mod, but it is much more deep and rich in mechanics now. If only reaching immortality didn't put you on timer before you will lose the one cultivator who managed it, for he will ascent or will be killed by Heavens. The shit that happens is pretty similar to Dwarf Fortress, and great in generating story. Quidan probably already assigned people to making books by writing AAR's of this game :giggle:
    There is also similar game but mostly text-based and chinese only. It's translates roughly like Wandering the World of Martial Arts, but it's less complex now.

ongoingwhy and deathcoy like this.
  20. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    already bought it, still going through the tutorial rn :D

mir and deathcoy like this.