Ambition

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be the main thread for the RP Ambition. Players may post their character's actions here. OOC is allowed.

Registration

Naraku and Kysil like this.
  2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    Location: Somewhere in former Italy, Now New Roman Empire Territory.
    "Legatus legionis, I have counted and we currently have 5
    Praefecti and 30 Centurians and---"

"Vice-General we agreed that the old naming system is not something we should focus on too much, and I already know the numbers and know that their are 40 soldiers with various spears and bows. But tell me the rest, this time, just tell it as it is." I looked over the overly-ambitious vice knowing that he was just very excited, this is what we dreamed about except for the part of having a lot of modern technology fail on us.

"Alright, their are also a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 20 that may have developed powers that we could use militarily." I raised an eyebrow and asked my vice-general "Why is it so vague?" The vice General, Norvi responded that "We don't really know the military applications that some of them have, and others are clearly more useful for farming since one of them can take water from the air."

I nodded at his judgement "Gather everyone and test them to see if they gained anything or changed significantly, or gained any advantage we could use. I already know that some of our people and gotten strange ears, or became strangely short. Their are even others who seemed to have changed skin color."

I frowned, some of the roughnecks were already assholes to each other even though they were basically the same in everything, this was just asking for trouble.

"Vice-General Norvi, I'll be meeting with the people after you gather them, I have an empire to plan and the time to build a foundation is now, new dangers, new boundaries, and new us!"

Norvi Happily cried out in glee and left to gather the people while I started my planning
    "Monsters...Strange Magics, Witchcraft? This world is so strange, so unfamiliar, yet is it the same world I lived in?"
    I sighed, looking up at the rising sun, we were able to survive because we were far from the major population centers but even then half the town was lost to monsters before we started fighting back with swords from the museums and from weapon collectors in my group.

3. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question do we just go about seeking our ambition or do we interact with other people. Im not sure I understand. If you could ecplain a bit Thanks !

4. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking over towards Buckingham palace from a high up building. Well what remained of a building anyway, I notice that parts of the palace were seemingly melting away. Upon noticing this I decided to head over towards it. "After all the easiest way to make sure that this country doesn't fall through some kind of crack is to make sure that it remains united under the same ruler as before. So I better go and check on everything there!" Leaping from the building I head over towards the palace a rumbling sound occurs behind me.

Upon arrival at the front gate of Buckingham palace Verthera walked over towards one of the queens guards standing in front of the gate. They had glazed over eyes and even upon picking one of them up they did not try to do anything at all not even the one that was picked up! Well this is weird I better check what is going on inside of the castle. Verthera jumps right over the wall of the palace, "My strength seems to have increased an awful lot." whispers to herself whilst heading into the castle. Upon entering Verthera heads straight towards the throne room past all the staff whom seemed very absentminded continuing on with what they had already been doing before even as areas of the castle melted around them.

Upon arriving at the throne room a pile of ooze appeared and proceeded to jump at Verthera. After proceeding to jump backwards Verthera punched right through the ooze but the punch just went right through the hole that was formed from the air pressure. Then upon pulling away the ooze reformed into it's original form and came back at Verthera trying to grab her and attach her to the floor. Verthera proceeds to rush past the ooze and heads towards the wall cause that is what her body is telling her to do. Reaching the throne a puddle appears however the crown sits on it spinning around and around. The crown proceeds to float up into the air and rapidly vibrates, Verthera's eyes glow one a pink and one a sickly golden colour. The crown proceeds to land upon Verthera's head. The sickly golden colour dissapears however the pink eye remains. In bursts the queens guards through the wall. One fires a flame right at the ooze and it dissapears. *Verthera collapses and enters a dream state*
    OOC: well damn this took forever to write!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  5. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: You can do either. Although interacting with others will generally be more fun.

Naraku likes this.
  6. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anica Reen - North-western shore of former Germany
    I awaken. I awaken from a dream where my god demands sacrifice, to a world filled with ignorant heretics. From a world where I could see, a world filled with vibrant colors, to a world where I am blind. I wish to give sacrifices to my god, for without him, I will never see again. Never see what I saw before, never see the truth.

The truth I have so painfully forgotten, only the yearning remains. And it burns me - consumes me. So I have to serve my god. As these thoughts fill my mind, pushing away any memories I might have had before I saw the truth - except for my name, I feel a power well up within me. One granted by my god.

I grasp it, push it out, and give my yearning form and life. What I create is bones, skin, and a fire within - a burning husk of a human. Human. How I detest this word. The burning husk shares my thoughts and runs off to seize a human while I prepare the altar. Stone upon stone, together with my reverence, to create a humble altar for my god.

It doesn't take long until the burning husk returns. I know that it returns from the pained screams it's fortunate victim is emitting. To be sacrificed to my god - what greater honor could there be for a human? I heave the final stone on the altar and pull out my dagger. It's an ugly little thing, unadorned and in all aspects less than it should be for a sacrificial dagger. But it has to be enough for now.

My husk drags the wom- woman? She is not human. What is she? Her long, pointed ears... I open my mouth and slide my tongue over her skin, tasting her, and ignoring her futile scream. Yes, she tastes good. Whatever she is, she will be a fine sacrifice. With a guttural laughter, I drive my dagger into her chest and cut down towards her bowels in a snaking line. Once I have reached her bowels, I continue the line to finish it with a circle.

I revel in her screams of pain, her pleasantly warm blood on my hands, running down through the gaps in the altar, coloring it and the ground beneath it crimson red.Then I pull out the dagger and ram it into her skull, ending her pathetic life, and kneel down before the altar, my arms rising on their own as I start to utter the words of prayer, and contentment fills me.

When I finish, her corpse has completely bled out, and I kick the now worthless remains off the altar. Then I turn to face my husk. And notice that it is wounded, with fire leaking out from the wounds. How dare they resist? How dare they!? Do they not know what awaits them after the sacrifice? Are they that ungrateful?

Seething from anger, I grasp within me, and give my wrath form. What I create has four arms and legs, the arms ending in scythe-like protrusions as sharp as a blade, spread out in all directions of the body. Directly below these arms are the legs, that look quite similar but with less grace and shorter ends, so that it may cross any land to find and kill those ungrateful curs. The main body looks like a pillar of twisting flesh, with dozens of eyes spread amongst its surface.

It leaves me exhausted, drained. But they know what to do and head out to get the next sacrifice, and will kill anyone that resists on the spot. I sit down and await their arrival.

Naraku, LNOnlineOtaku, MaliMi and 4 others like this.
  7. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Verthera awakens upon the throne of her castle, a whip wrapped around her waist the crown upon her head and a new outfit with pink and gold crisscrossing and a sword sitting on the floor next to the throne, with the floor around her covered in the blood of fools, monsters and traitors covering every spot of the floor. However the walls, floor and roof shine golden through the blood that sits on top of them. Verthera is relaxing on top of the throne, when a figure appeared before her cloaked in mist however the smell of blood drifted off them and screams seemed to shatter from there body. The fog had it's tendrils touching upon all the defeated foes and was seemingly pulling in the blood the fog then disappeared. What was revealed underneath the blood was a floor of gold shining and bright, with soldiers and legionnaires standing upon it kneeling in supplication to a lord. Similarly a floor of pink was shown with the common people cheering and celebrating as they seemingly danced around the throne. When they would enter the gold area or the wall they would disappear and a new form would come out to take their place.

Then the abomination reappeared and smoke covered the area, Verthera's surroundings became a dungeon and she was chained to a post. Men were salivating all around her and she couldn't stop fidgeting from the pleasure flowing through her body. However she could see outside of the castle men, women and children crying and wailing their hearts out and some even being ripped to pieces by beasts and other men in shadowy clothing alike. Then Verthera was back upon her throne with the crown upon her head again and the whip from before around her waist but in the blue costume that she had been wearing earlier. A wise old man appears in her vision, he talks with an American accent and her queen's guards all 39 of them surround her with shades of hundreds more around her. A voice comes from nowhere yet also seemingly from the crown, your first step is to build a kingdom or all will fall to ruin young lady.

The world around Verthera spun she became naked and held down by ropes and a snake came up to her with one eye crimson and one eye black. If you wish for pleasure just head to the north and forget about all these silly people and rules that you have followed just come and find me in the north the snake wraps around Verthera's waist and expands over her body becoming a full body costume which paints her body black with crimson accents as well as crushing her body yet pulling it apart. Her mind is filled with sexual fancies as well as a murderous rage and a longing to crush others beneath her feet which are now sporting a pair of stilleto shoes. The costume slowly becomes leather and shines under the light crushing her tighter and making her more unbalanced but far stronger than she ever has felt before as well as greatly pleased. The lands of move at her whim and she begins walking towards the north to a cave where tentacles protude all about whilst monsters and bandits walk around her pillaging, plundering and other such things as they go.

The world begins to shake and both the snake and the crown are placed upon her body, the room becomes similar to the first room but now 4 sections have appeared black, gold, crimson and pink. The crowds are all about her and a ethereal man stands by her side. A third voices appears to her in her own shape(This is her conscience). Find the martial master rope him into your cause and unite England, do not let either of those beings tempt you with their honeyed words they do not wish what is truly best for you. You must find that yourself! *The dreamscape vanishes and Verthera awakens.*
    OOC: Why was this so much easier to write T_T

8. Everyday Passerby

Everyday Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jack Slyver - Vaduz, capital city of former Liechstenstein
    After i link all the items with my summoning magic, i continued to read the old scroll, but the funny thing is that the content of the scroll is picture, the shape, the ability, all of it. I left the basement and went back into the entrance where i came from, i stood in front of the entrance, i draw a step back and turn backwards facing the enormous forest. I don't know why but my past memory flowed in when i was a child. It was a pleasant memory..........until all of the world messed up. Technology fails but there are magic and supernatural abilities. It's a fair trade but the cause of the trade is huge, it made the world broke into pieces, the powerful one rises up crushes the weak below them, and there are monsters everywhere killing people who are not ready to face the change. But what can i say, i'm too lazy to make the new world order or to rule a territory. I am in lost with my own thought while walking until there are sounds of step not so far away in front of me. My senses are sharpened due to living in the wild for too long. You have to be weary because you will never know if there are something, wanting to take your life. I dash into one of the big tree and hide between its root. *step*.......*step*.... i peeked through the roots and see the source of that sound. It is a group of kobold, there are 6 kobolds estimately.
    I sneak from where i am to another tree, encircling them. I could fight 2-3 kobolds at the same time but i'm not sure fighting 6 at the same time, it is going smooth until i step into branch *crack*, “shoot”. The kobold turn backward facing me, it seems that they hate human as much as i hate them. They encircle me and snap their jaw as if wanting to bite my flesh. “Damn” i activate my summoning magic and summon Time's gravity, it looks like the best weapon to use at the moment. Might as well practice using this as well as to defeat them. I dash into one of the kobold and slashed one of the kobold into half easily, the other kobold surprised as two of it rushed to me at the same time, i tried to turn the time before i dash into the kobold, it worked, the kobolds are confused but my hands feels tired like lifting a 50 pounds weight. This is the cause of the ability my new sword, Time's Gravity, the weight of this sword is multiplied in change of how much time needed to get back to the previous fighting momentum or so i read from the scroll. I continued to slash the head of 2 kobolds while they are confused. The other 2 feel threatened by me killing their kind in a second, they ran from me but i know the risk of letting them ran, attack from the entire kobold tribe living here so i summon my old dagger used for hunting and my new one, Timeclaw Dagger. I throw both the dagger accurately, piercing into their heads. I went to the kobolds and retrieve my dagger stuck in their head. Timeclaw dagger are glowing red, it could take me back 5 days but i didn't use it because it have a cooldown for half a year and it isn't important now so i unsummon my sword while playing with my new dagger. It is not hard to kill the kobolds as it used to be, i almost die facing 4 before. Once again i grinned and say what i always say “new world, new life”, wearing my mask and walk through the forest searching for transportation to another city or country maybe.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  9. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope - Somewhere in China
    Wondering through the alleys I once again find my home. A abounded complex full of rubbish and garbage. “Home Sweet Home...” I say aloud. I look at the items today, 3 pieces of warm bread and a few coins, quite nice. Suddenly I hear a cry. “HELP PLEASE HELP” I would usually ignore these cries but then I freeze. “Hehe.. looks quite nice I could sale you and your brother for quite a bit!” Don’t go I tell myself, but I can’t help. It I grab a rusty dagger I had found and sneaked up on the bandit. “Please don’t!” yelled the girl no more than 7. I could see that she had a teenage-looking boy in her head. Knocked out. I sneakily walk over and *Shnk*.Blood running down my arm the girl screams. I don’t mind her and check her brother.

After the brother woke up and the girl calmed down I learned there names. “Thank you for helping us! Ah our names are Flow and Lily” The boy called Flow said, “Me and my sister may have been dead now.” I nod. “I’m willing to be your servant if you can keep my sister safe! Please!” He looked at me with earnest eyes. I decided to speak “You don’t know me what if I decided to murder you right now and take your sister?” Flow simply said “if you wanted to murder me you would have done that by now.” I guessed it was true “Fine, you can stay but, not as a servant but something like a partner” I continued “I will give you some food and shelter in return give me weapons.” “Really!” and a “Yes” were heard afterwards. “Great my name is Hope nice to meet you, how old are you?” I asked. “I’m 14 and my little sister is 7” Flow answered. “I see thank you for our cooperation” We shook hands.

Afterwards I noticed they couldn’t write nor read so I lent some books I found and drew a alphabet. It reminds me of the lab... kept in a storage room I had nothing else to do except to learn and write with those children books.... gritting my teeth I though “I will get my revenge in this damned new world!” “I will get stronger!”

10. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Awakening from the dream Verthera notices in her surroundings the Queen's guards kneeling around her. "Ugggh what was that?" Verthera stands up and sways around falling back onto her legs. "Can one of you guys help me up please?" One of the female queen's guards bends over and helps Verthera stand up. Verthera then proceeds to walk over to the throne and sits down. However upon sitting down Verthera notices a whip wrapped around her waist. Made up of four colours. Then the dream comes slamming back into place. :Ohh my well that was weird, anyway what is the situation around London anyway especially to do with the ocean?"
    Another of the queen's guards walks over and bows, "Milady we don't know we will have to go see no ship has returned that we know of."
    "Well then let us check on them after all we need to know exactly what is going on throughout this entire city."
    "Certainly milady." the same guard replies. However the guard continues to stay there kneeling.
    "LEAD the way then mister." One of the other guards interjects to the one in front of Verthera.
    "Ahh sorry milady." The guard in front says whilst standing up and patting himself down. He then proceeds to lead the way out. Verthera stands up and heads out to see how everything is going through out the streets.
    The staff are rearranging the banners throughout the castle and a large portion have disappeared out into the streets.

In a dingy bar on the north side of London 15 minutes later. "What you mean the queen is dead how could this be possible we got so much stronger how could she also not have been able to survive?" Asks the first man.
    "I don't know but I heard that we already have a new queen it seems the crown chose her or something she was a wrestling superstar before." The second man replies
    "Then I guess that the queen must have been killed by her we must spread the word not to trust her throughout the lands." The first man rapidly gets to his feet and goes to pay his bill. But is pulled back into his chair by the third man.
    "No it seems that the queen's guard are following her as if she has always been the queen so I doubt that is what happened. I fear something far more sinister is going on then just the queen's death. No I fear that a new power is in play for the heart of England."
    The head of the queen's guards walks into the bar dressed in black and proceeds towards the three mens table. "Look here comes our compatriot let us talk more about this matter later." The man spins towards the guard that just entered, "Mister come sit down with us we have much to catch up on."
    "Okay I will be quick about this then, the last queen and the entire royal family was wiped out today they were about to enter into the throne room for a meeting when everything changed and the walls started melting and a gold, a pink, a black and a crimson ooze entered into the room." The guard responds to the 3 others. "Then I just remember busting into the throne room with my fellow beside me and burning the black ooze to bits, whilst the new queen was standing there with the crown on her head." The 3 other men just sit there stunned that the queen could be dead yet they have all survived. The man continues on, "From this I am guessing that a new rival for us has been created gentlemen we must secure England from those within, those without, accidents and monsters now it seems that having four heads was a good idea. Let us meet again when I have more information. The queen will require your services soon at the docks from the look of things." The Guard exits the bar.

"What happened to the last queen and what right do you have to be the queen huh you ain't even related to the royal family missy." An old sailor says as Verthera walks into the docks.
    "What right do I have to be queen? Isn't it obvious none at the moment the crown just won't come off my head or I would have put it away so that I can help you guys easier without seem oppressive and pushy like I do at the moment. Only because strength doesn't really count." Verthera rebuts.
    The man settles down somewhat after one of the guards tries to pull the crown off and also fails. "Hmm if you say so but then if you don't want to be queen then what are you doing here?"
    "I'm here to check what changes have happened on the sea and then after that we need to make sure that the sewer system doesn't have any monsters in it. Then finally today get guardsmen and such set up throughout this city especially at Windsor castle as we don't want anything entering such a defensible position. Then tomorrow I'll head off to Folkestone to check on the railway connecting England and France to make sure nothing can exit from it without us knowing." Verthera takes a break to catch her breath.
    The old seamen turns around and looks up to a man standing in a tower, "Can you see any of the fleet returning?"
    "Yeah a large group is heading back and they seem to be being chased by a group of something!"

15 minutes later after a hustle to get cold weaponry ready and a barricade on the shoreline. "You ready for them the boats are about to hit the shores let us hope the men are safe!" The old man gets all the dismounting equipment ready as the horde of green scales and silvery blue fish behind the boats being about 2 minutes out. The boats crash into the shore some starting to sink due to the fact that they rapidly rushed in and the men clamber off the fishing ships and running towards where the weaponry has been stacked.
    Verthera looks up at the man in the tower and shouts, "Can you see if the reinforcments are coming yet my guard said someone would be here to help soon!"
    The man turns around with a stunned expression, "It seems that the priests and nuns are who he went to find they must have had a large collection of ancient weapons from the looks of things!"
    "That is very good now we have a large group with medical training as well!" Screams out one of the fishermen clutching a cross.
    The tide of bodies smashes into the land and the barricade. The men and women start wildly swinging whatever metal they have into the writhing mass of bodies that is assaulting the shores and cracking the boats apart. A beast walks out from the surf and calls back the followers. A booming voice resounds out. "This place is now the property of us the men of the Mer! Surrender and you will be spared subjects."
    "That isn't the way to talk to the local population mister and not introducing yourself properly first how rude can you get. Ahh yes I am Verthera by the way the elected leader of this shoreline at the moment." Verthera bows whilst saying this and heads towards the barricade with her whip in her hand.
    "Hmmmph I don't talk nicely to inferior beings like you but very well since you insist! I am the third general Balthazar of the men of the Mer!" "Am I supposed to be impressed by that I have never heard of the men of the Mer before today yet you are suddenly pretending to be superior?" Vethera calls out mockingly whilst walking up in front of this being.
    "We may be new but we are the most superior of all races aren't we!"
    "YEAH YEAH YEAH!"
    "Hmmph then you won't mind my challenging you to a 1 on 1 fight will you? Loser leaves the area? That fine with you all?"The fisher mens representatives all nod in assent at this suggestion. Whilst the men of Mer close in around the leader.
    "We accept this challenge come forth Bethany and defeat there representative!" A vein pops on the generals head.
    "Ohh I thought it was going to be us two fighting but seems I will be fighting this Bethany instead." Verthera retorts whilst tittering into her gloved hand. Another vein pops on the generals head.
    The general then proceeds to look downcast, "The king said that I wasn't allowed to engage in personal conflict sadly or else I would." Verthera proceeds to get ready for her combat by stretching out her muscles whilst Bethany a 9 foot tall fishman proceeds to the shoreline. Once out of her own mens ranks Bethany charges towards Verthera. Verthera proceeds to run at Bethany then drops to the ground and slides between his legs whilst racking his back with the whip when she jumps up after passing through. Bethany stumbles into the barricade. Turns around and goes after Verthera again. Verthera repeats the trick whilst Bethany runs into her own men. "Hmm Bethany isn't all that good a warrior it seems."
    "If you stood still I would crush you to pieces!" Then Bethany walks steadily towards Verthera whom proceeds to run at Bethany. Bethany goes to grab Verthera but Verthera uses Bethany's arm to launch herself onto his head. Grabbing onto the back of his head Verthera uses her momentum from the leap around to pull Bethany down to the floor crashing onto her back. Verthera then proceeds to rain a few blows onto his unprotected areas. Then proceeds to flick her hands out like she was unsheathing claws. Claws pop out from her gloves ripping holes in them. "Well that was unexpected." Verthera notes and falls backwards with her arms across her chest in an X." A claw lands on Bethany's throat and another in his stomach whilst Verthera knocking the breath right out of him.
    Verthera gets up from Bethany's stunned body leaking out blood and sashays away from the body back to the barricade then pauses just before the barricade. "This was too easy next time send a real opponent." The body of Bethany then explodes killing the mermen trying to pull him back into the surf.
    "We will be back and when we are you will be made sorry for this!" The general leaves true to his word and reenters the depths.

When the priests of the church of England arrive Verthera is cleaning off her suit from the weird substance that was covering Bethany's body and admiring her claws. "It's really weird how I never noticed these they would be so helpful!" Verthera brings them into the light and notices the green blood on them and begins cleaning them. One of the priests walks over.
    "The arch-bishop has spoken we will be holding your coronation ceremony in one week from now Milady. Thank you for cleaning up this mess so fast." The priest kneels behind Verthera.
    "What why-y-y am I being selected as queen? This is so weird? How could this happen to me?" Verthera spins around and looks at the kneeling priest.
    The priest turns around to the crowd and makes a sign of the cross. "Whom here wishes for Verthera to become the new queen please kneel!" The priests drop to their knees as do many of the sailors. "It seems the public has spoken milady and so has God (God is the vision that the Arch-bishop had that was similar to Verthera's vision above)." The priest whispers silently to her whilst making another sign of the cross. "Now we must get you to the castle so you can set up our protection squadrons and such after you milady. Verthera walks away in the direction of Windsor castle.
    "What in the world have I gotten my self in for."
    This was probably the most fun thing to write now to wait for @Way to do something for part 4!

Naraku, LNOnlineOtaku, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  11. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    My name is Shirayuki. I live alone.

As far as I remember, not many were crazy enough to live outside the city, especially not by themselves, in the middle of the wilderness. Even more so in this day and age, where monsters once again roamed the land.

But that's fine. After all, I'm not exactly human, either. The intelligent monsters know enough to leave me alone, and the ones that aren't, mostly fear me. It's only the insane ones that are truly nuisances.

This cabin isn't too big, especially compared with the size of buildings before the Cataclysm, but for me, it's more than enough. There's even a small yard out front, where I've kept a little herb garden. Nothing too fancy, but with how things are nowadays, I'll rather have something on hand for injuries. Using technology scavenged from before the Cataclysm to replenish lost body parts? No thank you.

Seriously, people do realise that the organs that they're getting aren't exactly from humans, right? Forget the yurei or the yokai, quite a few species of the oni race look humanoid. Their body structure are also fundamentally similar, so...heh. Forget it.

Anyway, winter is almost here. I can already feel the subtle changes in the air; the others should be able to do the same. The boreal wind is blowing. Meanwhile, the humans still think that it's only the middle of autumn, those fools.

It's none of my business, anyway. I've got enough on my own palette to worry about others; to be fair, even if I wanted to help, there isn't much I could do.

Lately, however, Fuji's slopes have gotten more dangerous, and it's not because of snow avalanches. Winter heralds more than just poor harvests, you see; the yokai of winter have all awoken, and most of them are very hostile to human beings.

Just yesterday, I had to dispatch a trio of Yukinba (Snow Hags) that strayed too close to my house--those things are starting to increase in numbers day by day, and that definitely isn't a good thing. Those things eat children, luring them with cries of help.

The reason that small town's been able to survive until now, much as I loath to admit it, is thanks to the daimyo (governor). Even though I hate her guts, and she probably also hates mine, it's the truth that she's managed to create this little bit of sanctuary days after the Cataclysm started.

Therefore, I suppose I should pay a visit and warn her about the premature shift in seasons. After all, even if I say so myself, us winter yokai are often the deadliest in the quartet.

Besides, I have to deliver another batch of medical herbs, anyway.

Naraku, LNOnlineOtaku, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anica Reen - North-western shore of former Germany
    My mood could not be better as I keep driving my dagger into more and more sacrifices, every once in a while creating another creature to aid me in my task. However, their resistance has grown bothersome instead of enjoyable. More and more often my creatures are hurt.

It seems like I have to force them to understand the overwhelming magnificence and honor of service and sacrifice to my great god. While a life of giving sacrifices to the great god is something that would give me utmost contentment, I am destined for great things. Much greater! So I have decided. I shall convert this nearby settlement to become believers like me, and then march onward to spread the great faith.

With this resolve in mind, I start to give form to my thoughts once more - this time, creating a creature made only for capture, constraint, and torture. A squirming mass of grotesque protrusions, with a big, toothy maw on its core, and a deep voice that seems to pierce through your mind. Such is my desire to convince others of my task, and my faith. And I keep forming more until the chains of exhaustion drag down my arms that were raised in prayer, and my tongue that never kept uttering the words of prayer slows and stumbles, my eyelids drop, and I collapse.

When I awaken, I see a group of humanoids desperately fighting against my creations - it is a futile struggle, and it doesn't take long until they all are constricted, and incessant mumbling fills the air, of me and all of my servants. We tell of truth, of our great god, our purpose, and of power. I can feel how my words slowly twist their minds, and finally, they could not agree more.

After a few days of instructing them in the ways of worship and sacrifice, I leave, knowing that they will serve our god well. I spread some of my creations along the area, to aid them in their service, and start to wander south.

Naraku, LNOnlineOtaku, MaliMi and 3 others like this.
  13. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa - Northern Italy (more precise but vague location)
    "The world has change, we. the people have changed and times have gone passed us but now is the time for us to build!" I raised my fist into the air as I finished it as my people chanted my name 3 times before going silent. "I'd like for every single one of you that have manifested powers to help me rebuild a new roman empire and restore our people to glory."

I pointed at 2 or 3 that had manifested abilities that were initially just sword-fighting but now they could unleash magical properties along with their strokes "These three have already volunteered to help train our newly formed army, they are proud romans who serve us all good, so I implore all to help me build this empire!"

the crowd cheered along with chanting the 3 people's names that I mentioned.

After the morning speech I was already planning the layout of the farms, and utilizing power users in place of the technology that was lost, I also took input from farmers who knew how to plant and what to plant to get the most food and taste.

It was 2 hours later when my vice came in to report
    "General, we have spotted a hostile group of goblins that seem to be chasing a small group of refugee's, should we help them?!" He seemed to want to taste the combat already but I put a hand up "Let's get a plan started before we rush into something that could end us." The vice gulped then nodded, leaving the tent to go tell the soldiers to get ready and be ready for combat.

14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: By the way, you might interact with the mess my character causes in any way you want to. Feel free to do whatever you want with it, I don't have plans, and even if I did, I'd still want you to mess with them.

Naraku, MaliMi and leegood like this.
  15. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope - Somewhere in China
    The next day Flow,Lily, and I eat some reserves I had saved. “Little sis I’m gonna go search for work. I will be back!” Flow spoke. “Sure” I answered. I then think back when Lily and Flow find out I’m 10 and not a boy but a girl. Flow and Lily were completely shell-shocked. I smirked to myself. “Big sis I’m going with brother as well!” They adopted a habit of calling me “sis” I tried to stop them, but to no avail. I nod.

After the two have gone I also set out looking for a good target....found one. Sneaking I snatch the coins.”Nice 5 of them” I spoke to myself, when I suddenly fall over. I twist myself around just in time to see a raven flying away.”Weird” as I get up I spot a two books looking strangely clean in masses of garbage. So I decided to pick it up for Lily to read with. When I saw it though I caught my breath.

Lily and Flow came back with some weapons and coins. “We’re back!” Flow continues “Here’s the stuff!” He hands me the weapons....and the coins. “Take these back” I answer. “No.” Flow with resolution. “Yea!” Lily says as she agrees with Flow. Tsk siblings. “Fine then here’s your reward” I said as I give them the bread I bought with the coins. As they munching away they spotted the books I brought. “What’s that?” Asked Lily. I smile and say “Two skill books,” as I watch astonishment cross through their faces.

Emmyy, Naraku, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it didn't work as well as I had planned. I sold off my herbs, got some food supplies, especially fresh milk and cream, but...The visit to the daimyo was less productive than I had expected.

Not that I don't understand her way of thinking. There's as many different yokai as there are fruits, and they all have different ways to be warded away. Asking them to prepare these things, on the cusp of winter, would be very difficult, but still...seriously.

I'm not human, you know? It's no use hoping for me to appear and save the day if the other yokai attack. I'm not overly fond of humans to engage in such foolish behaviour. Plus, I'm not a hero.

Hah, all of these have gotten so complicated. Life before the Cataclysm...Thinking back, it was boring, but it was so peaceful, wasn't it? One could make the journey from Tokyo to Kyoto in the span of a single afternoon. Now? A week's journey at minimum, and that's by air.

Before I left the town, however, Chizuru tipped me off about a certain something. When I did get to the destination, I found out that she was unfortunately right.

The paupers district was no more.

Apparently, it had caught on fire a few days prior, and burned down to the ground. There were few survivors. I went to the site myself, and while myself and Chizuru both agreed that it wasn't the work of a winter yokai, there was a high chance of it being shiranui (unknown flames).

A large fire a few days before winter...things are a lot worser than they seem. I don't ever recall the fire yokai being this brazen; something must have gone wrong somewhere. But what?

I can venture a few guesses. Recently, there have been rumours of a yokai gathering--a particularly large one--that's going to happen soon. Perhaps I should go check it out for myself? It's not really a very attractive prospect, though. I'll think about it again.

Well, Chizuru's starting to act spoiled again, so I'll stop here to take care of her. She is my only companion up here, after all.

Naraku, MaliMi, LNOnlineOtaku and 2 others like this.
  17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The priorities that a blade has can be quite weird sometimes, but honestly, I'm not exactly in a position to comment, either.

Of all the things we could have done, Chizuru ended up making me boot up the laptop. And what did she use it for? Watching cartoons.

Seriously...?

I mean, ever since the Cataclysm blew up most of the technology a year ago, pretty much every gadget that relied on science was done for. Televisions exploded. Fridges stopped working. Phones became very expensive flashlights.

Sure, one could repair them if one had the technical skill, but most people were too busy surviving to think of fixing these easily-broken items. I myself was included, and while I fared better than the masses that perished, finding replacement circuitry was not on my list of priorities.

In fact, I would have long gotten rid of my own broken laptop if Chizuru hadn't begged me to keep it. I had refused at first. Then she brought up the subject of my garden, and I ended up agreeing. Honestly, who taught a katana how to blackmail people?

So we put in that little bit of extra effort. Paid a bit more attention when going out to hunt. Little by little, we got the necessary replacement parts, and finally, the little 13'inch screen lit up.

In some ways, doing this was quite satisfying, too. I'll never tell her this, but Chizuru has been an indispensible existence to me. Maybe more. I can write this here safely, because I know she'll never read it. Diaries are boring to her.

The truth is, Chizuru is too good for me. We've been together for at least a decade, maybe more, but it never changed how we met for the first time - Me unsheathing her blade to slay that gigantic dragon that had me cornered. She's a top quality katana, even better than Yukihachsu, yet that's not everything she is; within Korishirou's blade resides her lonely spirit.

Dragon-slayer. That's the name the other yokai have branded me. Pretty fearsome name, huh? All the credit rightfully belongs to Chizuru. I was just wielding her, that's all. And thus far, all I can do is keep her company.

But Chizuru's a magic blade. Yokai like me live ridiculous lifespans, but Chizuru's lifespan is potentially infinite. The tamahagane that makes up her blade body doesn't rust, and as long as she has access to mana, she can reform herself even from shards. That means, when I die someday, she'll be left alone again. Able to talk, yet there's no one for her to chat with. Living alone eternally.

That's why, I wanted to do something, even if a little, to prepare for that inevitable day.

When we spoke long ago, Chizuru mentioned that she was one of a pair. Another sword of her make exists - possibly meant to dual wield both of them together. And yet those two were somehow seperated, and she found me.

So if her sister sword truly did exist, that means another sword spirit dwells within it too, right? So if I was able to obtain that other blade...

...Well, that's enough for the day. Time to go hunting.

Emmyy, Naraku, MaliMi and 3 others like this.
  18. Everyday Passerby

Everyday Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sun has set down and so do i, stopping my adventure finding an transportation to another country for a while. I made a campfire and roast some kind of rabbit meat i got while walking aimlessly. The meat taasted exactly like my homemade skewer i miss so much when i was little. Well, i have no energy thinking about it anymore. Now i wonder if there are any portal or a time loop maybe in this world since this world have changed. I wonder what is the other survivor around the world doing now when the world changed. Would they find each other, made a party, and save the whole world from this chaos? Would they try to kill or enslave the other survivor to pursue their goal? Either way, it'll be too troublesome to met those people. I rather be a merchant than playing as a hero that tried to save live and whatnot. I'm imagining what would happen later as the campfire slowly faded and my mind drift away from my body, making me unconscious for the whole night. Unfortunately, i was awakened by a huge earthquake. I saw a group of wyverns flying away from the forest's cliff and i saw a pack of giant wolves running through me from the same direction as the wyverns came. Huh...... It is odd that usually there are no occurance like this before. It made me curious to check what it is. I went to the forest's west and walk to the top of the cliff. I stopped walking and continued to sneak when it is near already. It seems like it is a portal, just as i expected. ‘haha...... I never knew that my luck is this good finding an alternate transportation, it seems like my goal is easier than i thought’. A smile formed under my mask while i was walking, but it seems reality failed me once again.
    There is sudden gust of wind that blew me back. Luckily my reflex made me holding a thick tree while i was blown off, save me away from falling from a cliff. I turned my head upward and saw a dragon, it seems that the dragon is guarding that portal. Dragons are an intelligent creature, making it hard to defeat it. “Well this will be more harder than i thought, as always”.

I summon time's gravity and Book of Time. I open the book of time and let it float behind me. It seems that i need to hold the dragon in the meantime while my book is preparing the time barrier. The dragon shot towards me in an extreme speed. I jump to the mid air and the dragon use its fireball to use it as a follow up attack. I use my time's gravity to turn me back into where i was. “Aarrgghhh......... my hand”, i forgot that i was using it before so my right hand is throbbing now due to the effect of my sword. So i change it into my left hand and i dash into the dragon, summoning my old dagger,and throw it. Sadly, the dragon's scale is too hard so my dagger broke into pieces as it scratches the dragon's surface. Doesn't matter anyway, i just used it as a distraction. I jumped to the dragon's head, my sword aiming for its head. The dragon also grapling out its hand towads me as i use time's gravity again, summon Timeclaw Dragon, and thow it into its chest. Unfortunately, the dragon use its wing to protect its body, making a barrier from my dagger. So my dagger stuck into both of the wing. I unsummon my dagger and get into my battle stance once again facing the dragon. The dragon shoot 3 fireballs and shot towards me.

Suddenly, the book made a continuous flipping page and form some kind of sphere - like barrier. Seems like my luck didn't dissapoint me, the dragon's fireball trapped and stopped inside the barrier as well as the dragon's head. I knew that this is the end game for the dragon. I walk casually and move my sword, slicing the dragon's neck. The body that is tense became lifeless, tilting it's body and fell into the ground in a second but the neck is still standing still as if it haven't being sliced. I unsummon my book and as soon as the barrier dissapeared, it's head fell, rolling into the ground.“Phew........... i finally done it”, i carve the dragon's skin with my dagger and prying the claw of the lifelss drago while saying “An eye for an eye and a dagger for a dagger”. It seems that the dragon's sharp claw is suited for the blade, i just need to find the holder, although the dragon's scale could be made into one, it is rough and hard to grab it so i think i will use it in another way. After all this mess, i looked into the dark portal that looked like mini black hole and went inside. It became black for a second and then it feels like i was pushed by something really fast while hearing whispering sounds. After it stopped, i looked around and saw my everyday sightseeing, a huge ruins that was once a city with a little fire burning here and there. But then i saw a writing written on a half teared sign that wrote '北京'(Beijing). It seems that i went to China, no....not China but former China.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Emmyy, Naraku, MaliMi and 3 others like this.
  19. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Eyes, untold billions of eyes turned as one in the direction of the human world. The eyes were held in a chasm between worlds and that abyss only held the light of those eyes, like a horrendous mirror of the starry sky above Hong Kong. At that time the metropolis was bustling with life, the lights so bright no stars could be seen by the millions below.

Suddenly, a droning sound drowned out the unceasing roar of cars, the night clubs, the night arguments, and a hundred thousand moans of pleasure and pain. The eyes in the abyss raced toward the cess pool of human depravity, vanity, and greed. Over the bright night sky of Hong Kong the stars appeared blood red and fell upon the works of men, sinking them half into the sea. The pit of hell stretched endless into one hundred forty four tendrils, extinguishing the lights of civilization in their wake.

Among them eyes gathered and grew wings. The wings closed, morphing into a feminine form, horned and joyous. She rode upon a black swarm into the night sky turned dark purple and blood red.

Atop a high rise thirty floors above sea level, Paimon's body reformed at one of the many magic circles that served as gates to the human world. She manifested inside the formation made of blood and alchemic dust, giving off a pale magenta glow. A blast of wind radiated from the site, the cloths she wore rising up to reveal her alluring body. Like a glitching video of a person, her body turned around, the afterimages remaining in sight, as her gaze switched to something unknown. The formation glowed again, magic circles rising into the air to form a new arrival.

The demoness showed a bored expression, snapping her fingers, which caused the transfer spell to cancel mid way. The unfortunate being who followed her turned into an amorphous mass of blood and fat, splashing upon the black surface of the residential building's rooftop. For the Mistress of Infernal Ceremonies, habits were important. She had a routine she followed like clockwork, though what demented kind of clock it followed was a mystery even to herself. If it was morning for her, it was time for tea and a bath, and the only tea the city could now offer was made of the soldiers that sometimes came to scout.

These days you wouldn't be able to tell time in Hong Kong regardless, the sky was always red, the sea surrounding the tall ruins of the city always reflecting that colour. In contrast to that dye, fiery lights from the windows that remained above twinkled amid the dark waves. For the demons the warm glow of the desolated cityscape was home. A home in which the survivors of the population toiled away doing senseless tasks until they dropped and turned into the flocks of wraiths that haunted the gaps between punctured walls of concrete and shattered glass.

Remnants of the Chinese army had yet to officially give up on the defiled city. In its dark recent history, losing the port was a major blow to their pride, and survival demanded daily sacrifices of men and women seeking to reclaim it. They were conscripts, given basic training and cheap weapons, then sent to the grinder with orders to slay and bring back intelligence and items from the monster infested ruins. Paimon and her kin welcomed these tributes at first, but it was starting to get old.

The rooftop opened like a maw to swallow her whole. She descended a few floors down to a suite decorated with gold and precious stones, silk covered furniture in majestic colours spread around the spacious living space she used as the Earthen lobby to her domain. A fearful maid, malnourished and pale, yet luxuriously uniformed and decorated, led the reception for the mistress. Paimon's servants were all skin and bones, the life in their eyes drained from them, replaced by subservience and awe. Most were disfigured in some way, caused by their own madness manifesting on their flesh. Self inflicted wounds revealed shapes by no means human underneath the dry greyish white skin of the wretched thralls. The maids undressed the mistress with swiftly and with great care. It was something meaningless beyond its function as a ritual. Paimon's clothes were just as solid and real, as her entire body. The act served to feed her manifestation in the world, that was all.

The room shifted into a wide bathhouse filled with blood, lit by a candle holding chandelier, flaming tendrils crawling and curving on the walls and ceiling to provide additional illumination. The owner entered the macabre bath, waving her hand at the air. A view appeared in front of her, streaming simultaneously thousands of scenes from nearby lands. She focused on a single person, the view accommodating her desire to get a better look. She approved of that person's soul, a desire forming inside her. However even for a demon, precedence was given to the rituals of life, to habits. She would first enjoy the ceremony of her bath. Her maids undressed, entering the pool of red.

Emmyy, Naraku, MaliMi and 5 others like this.
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    A woman was rummaging through the abandoned store, shoving working items into the haversack that she carried. Sweat streaked her forehead and her long hair was grimy, but she took no notice. Her attention was occupied with scavenging whatever could be used, and leaving before there was trouble. Judging from the way her haversack sagged, it seemed to be a fruitful trip for her.

Of course, it happened just as she was preparing to leave. Because some maniac somewhere couldn't bear to see her leave without encountering trouble, probably.

*Growl*

The woman, who didn't seem to be older than 20, groaned in obvious dissatisfaction.

"Seriously?"

What had cornered her wasn't some wild animal. No. It had 8 legs, and hung upside down from the ceiling with a thick line of thread. The problem, however was the woman's torso that extended out of the spider's body, her mandible-like mouth, and the fact that it was pretty much the size of a tiger.

"Jorogumo (Spider demon). Give me a break."

As if responding to her muttering, the spider-creature leapt, front legs extended in an attempt to seize her. As she watched, it spat out a web right at her. Probably to restrict her movements.

"...You're looking down on me a bit too much, don't you think?"

Faced with this pouncing terror, the emotion that showed itself plainly on her face was not one of fear, but on of annoyance. If the leaping spider was smarter, it might have felt that something was wrong and retreated, but this monster was not as intelligent and thus attacked blindly.

"O Winter, heed my call."

From her outstretched hand, ice begun collating. Before half a second had passed, her left hand was grasping a katana made of pure ice. Strangely, she hadn't touched either of the two blades strapped to her waist. Then, she sidestepped naturally, just in time for the web to miss her.

Then, she ducked once more to avoid the legs that were lunging for her, before bringing her katana backwards in a backhand stance. Once again, all of these took less than half a second, and the helpless spider yokai could only watch as it's life neared its end, unable to respond after the earlier strike threw it out of balance.

*Swoop*

Like a guillotine, the katana swung from overhead, and lopped the yokai into two neat halves, which promptly dissipated into fine black powder, and scattered into the wind. Tossing aside the bloodstained ice katana, the woman sighed.

"No good meat on that one."

She exited the store, slinging the haversack over her shoulders, just in time to see the last rays of the sun disappear beneath the horizon, and sighed yet again. Making it back to her house before complete darkness wasn't going to be easy.

"Well, the usual, I guess. Keep an eye out, huh?"

She ducked into the nearest alley, and disappeared into the deepening shadows.

Emmyy, MaliMi, Naraku and 5 others like this.