Forgotten Title American FBI-ish Mom

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by FormerlyHel, Nov 20, 2020.

1. FormerlyHel

FormerlyHel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my first venture into the TV side of the forum, so not sure if I'm doing this right but whatever. Brain getting spammed, help me.

I had always thought that the "1-800-where-r-u" novel series by Meg Cabot was turned into an American TV show where the heroine Jess Mastriani was a normal mom with psychic ability who would sometimes do undercover work with or without her white male FBI partner's permission to find missing persons. Apparently it was actually a Canadian TV show, "Missing" where single 20 yo Jess Mastriani who partnered with black female FBI agent.

So the brain spammer was, what was the title of the American TV show? Only details that I remembered were:
    1) Mom main character. Not beautiful, but steady looking actress. Funny at times especially during undercover. Not sure if single or happily married mom.
    2) FBI partner. White male, don't really remember his face, so not sure if he's a love interest or just best bud-but-make-your-husband-jealous character.
    3) Not sure if in the show mom was psychic or highly intuitive or just Sherlock Holmes with warm sweater.

Since all the points seemed too vague even for me, just hit me with possible suggestions.

2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. FormerlyHel

FormerlyHel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that one is the Canadian one. I'm looking for an American one.