Resolved An old Anime...

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Ceilo27, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Ceilo27

Ceilo27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Guys,
    I wanted to ask about some old anime I think it was from the 80s or the 90s I don’t remember... and the storyline is kinda blurry but I will try my best to tell you about some events that happened in the Anime plus it was dubbed...

Storyline as far as I remember is about a witty young boy. The story setting was in ancient Japan (I think) there was no cars, no trains, etc. Any way, the young boy mother sent him to a temple to become a monk because she wanted to protect him (I think it was a political reason) moving on the boy was heartbroken for separating with his mother.. there was a pot of ups and downs now that’s where I start to forget about it... So I will mention some catchy events that happened..

1st event:
    There was a disease spreading around the village and there was rich guy who got someone form his family sick as well so he called a doctor for a cure and the doctor succeed. However the villagers wanted to know the method, the rich guy accepted to help them in one condition and that is to let doctor tell the MC only (the young boy) just to inform you that the rich guy and MC were not on a good term. MC and the villagers agreed. When the MC learned the method to cure the illness which is to warp a vegetable (I think it was green) around your neck the rich told him he can’t speak about it to anyone. The MC was pissed of course but he got an idea so he agreed. Instead of speaking the cure he wrote it on a board and hanged it around for the villagers to read it...

2nd Event:
    I really don’t remember why but the MC was forced to take some drawing lessons which he wasn’t good at. Apparently he got into an argument with someone (I don’t remember who or why) but he was challenged to a drawing competition. He didn’t win per-say however he was clever and witty so he painted the whole page black and then ld them it was a crow in the dark night lol.

2. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a smart ass protagonist, hope you find the title soon, I would like to hear about it too.

TXHY likes this.
  3. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that ikyuu-san too, is there an episode where the mc must catch the tiger inside painting?
    if there is, than it's definitely ikyuu-san..

5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Ikkyu-san

6. Ceilo27

Ceilo27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Yes!!! :aww: It is this one. Thank you all for the help :bloblove::bloblove: