Forgotten Title Ancient Chinese Novel with a Female Protagonist from a military family

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by wicked01, Mar 24, 2020.

1. wicked01

wicked01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I've been trying to find this novel for so long so I can read it again but I just cannot remember the title. Here are the details I remember:

FL: only daughter of a famed general's family. She's favored by the emperor and is titled a princess, and everybody thinks she's delicate, but in reality, she's a proficient martial artist whose family secretly guards the emperor.
    - wears gloves to hide calluses from military training

ML: very powerful. Related to the emperor
    - everybody seems to be afraid of him?

Story:
    - FL was drugged years before and gave birth to ML's daughter but had to leave the baby behind first because she was unmarried and thought she was raped by a hooligan
    - years later, ML brings their daughter back to the capital. He hates the FL now because he thought she heartlessly abandoned their daughter (she was still trying to figure out how to bring daughter back). He didn't know that FL was drugged, i think.
    - FL saves their daughter from a carriage in front of her house. ML had just gotten back and took the house next door
    - FL and ML talk about their daughter where the ML rips into her. He used to like her and now he pretty much hates her.
    - Because of that talk, FL got so depressed that she slit her wrist, and almost died if her loyal subordinate didn't sense that something was wrong and came back.
    - FL's family, who doted on her, all came and were worried about her. I forgot how but i think they learned about ML's involvement and were pretty angry at him. I think ML was FL's general grandpa's former and fave student
    - when ML hears about what FL did, he rushes to her and faces the family, and angsts by her side.
    - FL wakes up and slowly recovers, and ML, who i think finally learns about the truth of what happened years ago, is very apologetic and tries to make up to her
    - i THINK he creates a door between their houses
    - the daughter spends more time with FL
    - There's also the princess who was first proud and super against the FL and then was won over by the latter, so now princess spends a lot of time with the FL and the daughter
    - i think ML grovels a lot.

Ending
    - not clear about the ending, but i THINK somebody rebelled, but FL and ML teamed up to pretty quickly (and bloodily) take care of it
    - i think their daughter was poisoned in the palace during this time? Or almost poisoned.

I really really hope somebody can help me find this novel

melomarl and TotallyNotADuck like this.
  2. wicked01

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump ^^

Tanyia likes this.
  3. wicked01

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump again!

4. wicked01

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump ㅠㅠ

5. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh I read this on wattpad like two weeks ago... But I can't remember the name *goes through wattpad to find the name*

wicked01 likes this.
  6. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    I had it in my library. It's " Not good! The villainess is muddled"

wicked01 likes this.
  7. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  8. wicked01

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!!! THANK YOU!

This IS the novel! I remember the coverart when she goes back to the Duke's fu for the first time, lol. I can't thank you enough... I totally forgot that it's an original work on wattpad o.o

Lishasharma likes this.