Recommendations And decent Terror Infinity style Novels recently

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, May 8, 2021.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone one know of any Novels/Manga that are similar to Terror Infinity, preferably where the MC ISN'T a Edgelord (unlike the listed examples).

EXAMPLES:

The Ultimate Evolution
    Gate of Revelation
    Thriller Paradise

NOTES:
    1): Decent Length (100+chapters or 2-3 Volumes, depending on chapter length), and/OR being actively translated (Has been updated in the last 1 - 2 months). I.E. I don't want something with 10-15 chapters that's not been updated since August 2019, but something with 5-10 chapters that's been update Mid March/Apr (or even the start) is perfectly fine.
    2): No Hentai/Smut. Adult themes/Scenes are fine, but no blatant smut (I.E. a bedroom scene just for the sake of smut).
    3): Harem tag is fine, but No Polygamy.
    4): No BL/GL.

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  2. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He just said he didn't want "an edgelord". I did like DRG, but the MC is the same "he planned it all" type like TUE's Sheyan and on top of that author blatantly puppets him to do whatever author wants to write because the MC is supposed to be crazy.

That seems to matter only whenever its convenient in a way that stirs up the plot and his choices for enhancement only add to instability ( which only manifests in out of character moment spurts and some minor OCD habits outside those).

LollipoPReapeR and Osamaru like this.
  4. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya. I like Sheyan at first; he had his reasons for doing and actting like he did, mostly to help his family, which I can respect.
    But later on, after that was done, he just kept getting more and more power hungry for no reason other than the sake of power.
    really ruined the story for me.

5. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    I really thought the author would take the story in a nice character development direction when it was mentioned Sheyan got exhausted from doing missions and being in Nightmare Realm in general because there was never complete relaxation but his drive for power was only kept and increased so we could see the awful ending of confronting his parallel world self and pw self's dad ( MC of prequel, and seeing the synopsis, prologue + 3 chaps tled for Ace Evolution, that guy was born from incest and started as a revenge murderer).

So I can see how the prequel got popular in China and why it was dropped here as tl right from start.

I got nothing for you. Illimitable Until Death is anime based, lots of girls(harem forms by itself because apparently the girls "talked it out" offscreen) and while MC's motive of wanting to escape the Death caused by consequences of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception use, I got tired of the author retreading old worlds he already did extensively like To Aru series and Shakugan no Shana, Fate,... in the latter half of the novel.

LollipoPReapeR and Osamaru like this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get the hate on Ultimate Evolution, the only major issue I had with it was that it randomly ended 200+ chapters too early for no reason.

Anyway, only other half decent one that hasn't been mentioned yet which I know of is The Devil's Cage.

MC is all wannabe sherlock holmes and stuff in the beginning, but afterwards he's too stronk & too dumb so there's none of that anymore.

7. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Infinity Genre has too few works tled, and it mostly goes in the vein of TUE because that kind of "cool" character is more appealing to authors, but not translators.

Diving into MTL expands the selection somewhat, but the problem is the big fanaticism about cultivation despite deliberately using a stat and skill system instead of having "realms and comprehension".

The Devil's Cage force behind the MC's desperation is seeking money ( he later figures out the "game" itself has a solution) for his mysterious disease.

It's tled to the end, and has 1800+ chapters.

Osamaru likes this.
  8. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't help NU refues to recognise it as genre/tag to ease search.

You have to comb through Suvival, Survival Game, Game Elements, Genetic Modification etc and hope its not BL.

Anon2.0 likes this.
  10. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Im fine with Royalroad or other Originals as well.

Greater thunder likes this.
  11. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
  12. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    l don’t believe this qualifies as ‘infinity’. Plus it’s more of the everybody hates MC for some reason or another trope. Add in a dash of nationalism and a pretty shit excuse for a ‘cheat’ and et voila...

13. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, haven't read it, just saw the synopsis.

I did read some stuff like Stroll in Movie Worlds, Plane Elevator, ...... - both MCs eventually switch to cultivation, though in case of Plane Elevator he just picked up anime world training and powers and fusing them all only lacked longevity ( patched by genetic lock of Terror Infinity fame later on).

About the closest thing I read from english side is the fic Tethered on Questionable Questing. Its a fic based on Waifu Catalogue with the idea being this guy is one of the countless low level losers who don't get a "catalogue" but start in Company as basically slaves, with debts from getting to live (snatched from near death from his homeworld) and getting a power ( like a D&D class, Psyren psychic powers or Exalted Essence,...) they need to power up and work on their own.

It hasn't gotten far off yet, the protag only did enough work so far to get a chance at a permanent body instead of cheapest possible 1 use max for each mission( killed a Joker in one of DC worlds for a video, "stamped" Harley Quinn so some Catalogue customer could buy her, spent time in DC Hell, got sent into Doom as robomaid, lived in Drakengard to test if the world had any unwanted effects for a period of time, sent to Bioshock to get Elizabeth for cheaper dimensional travel).

The idea is after convincing Elizabeth to follow him, he has 2 options. Keep her and just get a cheap body he will fix up after he gets phenomenal cosmic power later on or give Elizabeth to the Company as another Catalogue option and get a great body right now and lose out on erasing world hopping bills for a long time. They seem to have bonded a bit so far, so the second seems unlikely.

To expand a bit, he killed Joker and stamped Harley in same DC world, Batman called in Jason Blood, there was some big world threat and they decided to kill the bodyjacker who was clearly stalling with some goal in mind preemptively so they could put full attention on the current big threat and avoid getting a second one to the face, MC spent an equivalent of "happy hour" time in their local Hell ( memories he isn't keen on revisiting, but they are too close to surface and slip out occasionally) until his boss noticed several weeks later he was stuck there and called in the extradition option Company worked out. Drakengard was meant as vacation ( it was low odds he would catch anything nasty since part of his warning canary mission orders was to avoid bigshots and plot relevant people to get clean readings on the world in general but he treated its native monster populace as stress balls ( weak ones he could kill anyway) and income source ( locals paid him ).

For MTL there is also Film and TV World Employment System on mtlnovel. There is the big crossover action world MC transmigrated to set in time as 2013 ( regular stuff like Expendables, newer Bond, Mission Impossible, Kill Bill, Fast and Furious ( he sits most of FaF out)...) and worlds where time or setting wouldn't match so its independent like Rambo 1 ( set in 1970's) or Kingsman Secret Service ( tech level much higher), Wanted ( the "curve the bullet" movie with Morgan Freeman, a technique impossible for MC and main world people. He hated that place for that kind of stuff, like he hated all the impossible gadgets from Kingsmen and Valentine when he was up against them).

Forgive me a second post, just found manhwa Infinity Mailman, 68 chapters, I am on second chapter and just found out the mysterious kidnapper promises points earned from cleared missions can get them anything and money is a trifle ( much like Terror Infinity there).

I hope it delivers. Thinking recently on writing something my own. The really cool thing for me about infinity novels is what the worlds they go into can be outside known canon and characters ( notice movie characters are only "huggable thigs" in rare cases of protags being weak for a world, movie charas being dependable and with good track record, the following of said movie protags being a sure way to either gains or at least safety.

Eliminate such favorable conditions ( say, movie char is Constantine, real world people are already kinda strong but final bosses are still risky) and you have grounds for them either messing with Constantine or not caring about him and using him as the measuring stick for plot progress and looking around for what else there is in the world.

The life behind the curtain, the possibilities and what can be built on top of existing state. That's the real charm and why I enjoyed both TI and TUE ( even if I disliked MCs of both for different reasons).

TI covers a complete disruption to lifestyle, constant threat of death, high risk and reward, low risk carries certain and insidious death ( because most people can't read author notes unlike favorite pet charas like Chu Xuan).

TUE had very fleshed out worlds ( and narration always kept up this tone halfway between documentary narrator and seen it all veteran, even when you knew it was spouting pure bullshit with a straight face. That part I found funny.) and anything supernatural or incredible took very well laid prep or luck, mostly both.

It was also far more manageable as aside from irregularities like spatial locking means, it seemed closer to letting contestants breathe and keep their image of normal life which made their personality shifts more an over time thing instead of extreme bursts and swings we see in TI. For the most part, retreat ws an option, you could avoid "ranking up" or do it in a weak fashion and your greatest fear remaining would be mandatory do or die occasions like Nightmare Realm Warfare.

TUE was kinda more "organic" as opposed to the pure shopping method of TI. The second was always closer to gambling if you could pull the worth out of whatever you bought and it was never clear why some options were present and others weren't based on teams when the buy list was universal, if messy and only personal enhancements should be biased for the buyer, which still leaves items ( sci fi ones as well as magical).

On the other hand, TUE was far trickier in approaching the limit and whether or not you fell into some trpas along the way like xianxia likes to surprise its pocals with.

14. MFL_THE_BOTH

MFL_THE_BOTH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i want to ask what is the tittle of this fiction based on "About the closest thing I read from english side is the fic Tethered on Questionable Questing. Its a fic based on Waifu Catalogue with the idea being this guy is one of the countless low level losers who don't get a "catalogue" but start in Company as basically slaves, with debts from getting to live (snatched from near death from his homeworld) and getting a power ( like a D&D class, Psyren psychic powers or Exalted Essence,...) they need to power up and work on their own."

15. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, no one gonna mention The First Evolution?

16. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
  17. MFL_THE_BOTH

MFL_THE_BOTH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry: i tried to search trought the website but i can't find it and got confused :cry::cry:

is it this one https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/tethered.14594/?

Greater thunder likes this.
  18. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link