Spoiler Angelic lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Nov 16, 2020.

1. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite the new chapter we have here! Let's get right into it. Just a reminder that italicized text is Korean to English that I directly extracted from machine translators, while non-italicized text are my own words.
    • After hearing all the commotion that Louise's feud with Angela caused, Aidan comes in asking if everything's okay. Louise takes notice of him and turns away while replying, "Laporte, this is a woman's-only room. Don't worry about it, just pretend you didn't see it and go back."
    • Aidan laughs nervously, apologetic. "Lady Silver. However, as the person in charge of security on the third floor of the main palace, I am responsible for understanding the exact situation..." he trails off as he sees Angela on the floor. As she lifts her head, he cries out in shock. "... Miss Angela?!" Tears are running down her face as roses metaphorically bloom in the background. (I suppose we're seeing things through Aidan's lens.) Angela calls out to him tearfully.
    • "Miss Angela, are you alright?" he asks her as he lifts her from the ground. Not knowing the circumstances leading up to this point, it would have seemed to him that Angela was being bullied unilaterally by Louise.
    • "Laporte? I clearly told you not to worry about it." Louise begins to tell him, but Aidan cuts in with a furious look on his face.
    • "What the hell is going on here! I thought you were a person of high repute and pride in society, but I didn't know you were harassing a powerless young girl like this!" Louise clenches her arm in rising anger as Aidan continues to rant at her. "I'm disappointed in Lady Silver!"
    • Louise sighs, annoyed. "I don't think you understand what's going on, but she-"
    • "Miss Angela, you don't need to hear more." Aidan interrupts her yet again, turning to Angela. "It would be nice to go back to the mansion." Aidan eventually walked away with Angela. It happened in an instant that Louise couldn't stop. While we can't see the entirety of Louise's face, it's obvious that she's more than displeased.
    • Later, Louise declared to the surrounding young women. "I'll tell the people here in advance. After this time, I will not attend a gathering with Miss Angela Vito." she says with a pleasant smile. Nobles often say things like that to avoid or keep a bad relationship in check. But this time the speaker was Louise, not an ordinary aristocrat. There were no young girls in the capital's social circle who deliberately tried to offend Louise. In other words- it was a de facto declaration of Angela's exit from society.
    • "Of course! Is there anyone who wants to invite such a liar to a gathering?" a noblewoman exclaims in anger. "I can't believe she made a mistake and disappeared without apologizing!"
    • "And a man intervened in our gathering without asking for permission or understanding." another mutters."It's really annoying. What kind of person is that?" The young ladies spoke out in agreement with Louise.
    • "Come to think of it, that apprentice named Laporte, what is his full name?" Louise asks the ladies who spoke up earlier.
    • "It's Aidan Laporte! I knew he'd be in big trouble one day!" one of them replies indignantly.
    • "Aidan Laporte. I see. I'll have to keep that in mind." Louise says. Smirking, Jayna can't help but laugh quietly in the background. 'Aidan doesn't have to do a thing.' she thinks mirthfully. With Louise's words, everyone knew that Aidan's future as a knight was over. She had enough power to do that. 'Louise was surprisingly soft-hearted and [Angela] could have escaped this situation if she had asked for forgiveness. Foolish.' Jayna thinks to herself.
    • "But... no matter how close the relationship between their fathers are, to have to take such a person around to support them... I feel sorry for Miss Bellechateur." a noblewoman looks at Jayna with pity. Soon, other voices join in.
    • "That's right. You tried to cover up Vito's mistake earlier. Jayna takes care of Miss Vito so much, but she... ugh, I shouldn't say it."
    • Right then, a lightbulb goes off in Jayna's head. This just gave her an idea.
    • "I think it's all my fault. Miss Louise, I'm so sorry." Jayna says pitifully, putting her white lotus act to the test. The other noblewomen take the bait, looking at her with even more sympathy. "Because I didn't take good care of Angela..." she trails off, with one of the noblewomen calling her name sadly.
    • "Oh my god! Why is Miss Jayna apologizing?" Louise asks, hurriedly taking Jayna's hands in hers. Rose petals fall around them, and—is this a shoujo confession, or what? As Jayna looks away in 'shame', Louise smiles warmly at her. "You don't have to do that. It's true that I'm angry at Miss Vito... but Miss Jayna's heart is the same as always." Voices chime in one after the other. "Miss Bellechateur is too nice!" one pipes up. "I want to emulate Miss Bellechateur's heart." another claims.
    • The atmosphere calmed down in a moment, and everyone created a warm scene around me. And it's true. In the following panel, Jayna looks the happiest I've ever seen her, smiling in a genuine manner while tearing up. I felt like I was going to have the spot as the flower of society in my hands.
    • The commotion was gradually cleared up, and the people who had gathered in the hallway also began to return to their original places one by one. "Miss Bellechateur!" a blonde noblewoman calls out to her excitedly. "If you don't mind, can I call Miss Bellechateur by her first name from now on?" a brunette noblewoman right by her side expresses her wish to do the same.
    • "Of course. Can I call you by your first name, instead?" Jayna replies happily. Their eyes sparkling, the girls are all too eager to agree.
    • The blonde admits that she wanted to officially meet Jayna for some time now, but she found her difficult to approach. Nervously, Jayna asks her if she really looked the type to be hard to befriend. She quickly backtracks, insisting that she didn't mean anything bad, but Jayna's inclined to agree with her.
    • There was a point in what they said. I attended important gatherings but did not actively engage in social activities, and only a small number of aristocrats, including Lyria and Louise, were close to me. In addition, it must have felt burdensome to say that I came from the prestigious Marquis of Bellechateur. But now that I'm aiming for becoming the flower of society, I need to get close to other young aristocrats.
    • "However, when I saw how Miss Jayna treated Miss Vito, I realized that she was a kind and friendly person." the blonde comments. "I was deeply moved by the fact that she even lied and protected Vito." she looks at Jayna adoringly. "I want to be a person who can do that to my friend!" the brunette gushes. "It's not a big deal. Rather, I'm worried about Angela. How can she be forgiven by Miss Louise..." Jayna says glumly. The blonde is amazed that, even now, Jayna is still worrying about Angela. They talk for quite some time... until the blonde looks at her pocket watch, and expresses her shock at the time.
    • She has to go back now, but is Miss Jayna going to the ballroom? Jayna waves the assumption aside, as she's headed back to the mansion. The blonde noblewoman, looking hopeful, asks her if she may send an invitation to her the next time she has a tea party. Beaming, Jayna happily agrees, stating that she's all too welcome to. As she sees the rest of the noblewomen off, Jayna thinks to herself about how she should be heading home herself. As she makes her way down the steps of the palace, Jayna thinks over her next steps. 'We don't know what will happen to us, so we need to erase a light from Princess Halys.'
    • It was Halys who was originally regarded as the next flower of society after Roselia. She was the highest-ranking unmarried woman in the empire except Princess Essila. As the marriage candidate of the second prince, she was to be empress in the future. Halys didn't like the second prince, but she understood her place and accepted her position. That's why she's been active since her official debut.
    • However, since last fall, Halys has rarely appeared in the social world. It was because she met her fated person and fell in love. The opponent was a commoner knight who joined Duke Klein's family, who could never be together with her. Last winter, I saw Halys looking at the plebeian knight. It was a warm look as if the spring breeze had passed by for a moment. But the article says that on the day of this year's Founding International Ball, he was tried for assaulting a knight of noble origin for no reason and was stripped of his knighthood.
    • If you are stripped of your knighthood even once, you will have to live as an apprentice for the rest of your life. The bright future of the talented person she loved was shattered in an instant. Halys has lost her laugh since that day.
    Oh, my. I can't wait for the next! Hopefully it'll include Angela's attempt to save face after her unfortunate run-in with Louise.
    God, I feel so bad for the princess. That ended on a depressing note. :blobsneeze: I can see why Princess Halys was so miserable dancing with Raven in chapter 35! Not only was the man she truly loved sentenced to live a life of mediocrity with no way out, but she's set to marry a womanizer who cheats on her behind her back. Can I even call it 'behind her back', when he was fawning over another woman so openly? I don't know if anyone has spoilers from the novel, but can anybody tell me if Princess Halys ever gets her happy ending? I think that the next chapter will tell us what happened in the end to her beloved knight, but I can't wait! This is so sad. :blob_teary:

samster, Ceu, macrhh and 20 others like this.
  2. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers.

And yes, the silly knight just lost his opportunity to raise up. Jayna knew the best about Louise's power and authority as she was the idiot that went to war against Louise in the past and lost horribly. If not because of her family's power, Jayna won't be able to last that long at that time. It was nice to see that Angela's society is doomed now but I afraid all will be undone easily by the "2nd Prince" later.

So I guess the next arc will be Jayna saving Princess Halys and her knight. It is funny that Princess Halys and the Knight are more beautiful and handsome than the main cast. Jayna and crown prince are just average in terms of look.

3. ani2000

ani2000 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know why Angela hates pink color?
    I know it's related to her mother ...
    Actually what happened then!

4. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been answered before. Kindly read the thread before asking. Or, at least visit the Spoiler Table of Content (TOC).
    TOC: Post #2

But to answer your question...
    Post #117

Orphus likes this.
  5. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fully agree. Rather than suicide they should live long with the guilt eating them from inside out - also even if they couldn't control the nanny and the King they shouldn't let the friend drink poison either. I have the feeling is something the author particularly liked cause almost everybody who died was either poisoned or used on themselves... such a frequent method lessens the impact of it.

6. honeymochi

Reading List:
    Link
    I was cringing the entire time that Aidan acted like a jerk to Louise. Even if she weren't an important person in society, that's still a citizen you're talking to. The people you're supposed to protect? Show some basic respect! How on Earth can you be a formidable knight if keep rushing head-first into situations like this? Too late to think about it, I suppose. Now that he's a disgraced knight (or he will be), I do wonder how he'll live from now on...
    You know, after reading a whole bunch of reincarnation stories where everyone and their mother is sexy, I actually find it quite refreshing that our main protagonist is so plain. If everyone in this manhwa was hot, nobody would be, you get me? It helps make all the more sense why Halys was a candidate for being the next flower of society after Roselia—she's beautiful! It's hard not to think she will. Angela ended up being the flower of society, but we all know that Angela only got the position because she levelled the playing field a bit beforehand.

Well, I've talked long enough. Onwards to the next chapter!

Obligatory reminder that I don't know how to read, write, or speak in Korean. Therefore, I rely on MTL to do the job for me. Italicized text is my own summary of what's happening, and italicized text are words I've directly extracted from the translator!
    • 'I'm sure... it's around here somewhere.' Jayna thinks to herself as she looks around. She's in a forest-like area, still donning her formal apparel from the ball. Finally, she finds her target: the commoner knight Halys fell in love with. As she stares at him in all his handsome, sparkling glory, she tries to think back on the details of this knight. 'Your name must be... Dylan, right?' Jayna deems to wait a while, seeming to be looking for something to happen.
    • And it does! "What the Hell is wrong with you?" a long noblewoman yells out, snatching her arm away from an unknown man. Jayna and Dylan are surprised by the volume of her voice. "Let go of me!"
    • We're introduced to another redheaded knight, only this time, he somehow looks even more diabolical. We should assume, at this point, that he's the knight of noble origin who made sure that Dylan was stripped of his knighthood in their previous life. With a smirk on his face, he says, "Do you need to be that expensive? Does it ensure I have a good time? I'm not picky." (I'm assuming he's talking to her like a prostitute? More expensive = a better time, is his logic? Agh!:blob_coughblood:)
    • The noblewoman, offended, slaps his hand away. "I'll... never let this go!"
    • "You know my uncle is Count Lister, right? Can you handle knowing that?" he replies, and she gasps. Jayna glares at him, disgusted to the core. 'Looking at the scene, I'm sure Sir Dylan was framed. There's no way that Princess Halys would like someone involved in violence.' she thinks to herself. It was that man, Brun Lister, who was assaulted at the time. He was Count Lister's nephew. Without any skills, he became a knight only with the word of his uncle. He was said to be lacking in skill, but far less in character.
    • 'Brun claimed at trial that he was assaulted by Dylan for no reason.' Jayna mulls over the circumstances of his case. 'It was Lady Mary who helped Brun to give false testimony. Count Lister is the empress' family, so perhaps she was threatened.'
    • "Now you're a little more obedient." :)blobconfused:) Brun says, lifting Mary's head up. "Can I assume that you've accepted what I said?" as he leans in, Mary closes her eyes in disgust.
    • But Dylan's here to save the day! He rips Brun's hands away, asking her, "Are you all right, miss?" Mary is surprised by his sudden appearance, but says that she's fine. She hides behind him, away from Brun's gaze. "You are Lord Brun Lister, aren't you?" Dylan turns to him. "This miss is in trouble, so please go back."
    • "Are you a commoner knight trying to stop me?" Brun presses him, evidently pissed. Dylan is angered by his words, but turns to Mary with a neutral face.
    • "I'll take care of it, so my lady should get going. Can you go alone?"
    • "Yes...! Thank you so much, sir!" Mary rushes away, looking back at the two nervously. Brun calls for her to wait, but she's already run away.
    • "You commoner XX!" Brun screams at him. "Why won't you let go of this?!" He charges towards Dylan with a hand raised, but Dylan easily intercepts his aim, and Brun falls to the ground, screaming. "Would you do this if you knew who I was?!"
    • "Lord Brun Lister of the Sixth Knights of the Imperial Palace." Dylan looks down at him coldly.
    • "You know that, but you're still acting like this?"
    • "It was Lord Lister who was just about to molest her."
    • "So? You think I'm gonna leave you alone [after this]?" Brun looks at him, grinning wildly. "Oh... come to think of it, you punk. You're Princess Halys', right?" he questions him, waving his fourth finger. Raising the right ring finger in the Empire meant government or informal lover.
    • "Princess Halys is my lady. Don't insult her." It seems that Brun's hit a sore spot, as Dylan looks even colder. "My Lady and I are nothing but a lady and her knight."
    • "What's wrong with you? You're no fun. Let's have a man-to-man conversation." Brun asks him, gripping his shoulder. As he leans in, he smirks. "How's Halys at night? Let's not keep it to ourselves, let's get to know one another. It's better for men to talk about this and get close to each other...!" Brun's interrupted as a glove smacks into his face. "You really are crazy!!"
    • "I, Knight Dylan," Dylan begins, darkly. Jayna looks on in amazement. "Seek a duel with Knight Brun Lister in honour of Lady Halys Klein." Brun attempts to protest this, but Dylan's not having it. Jayna flinches and looks away as the sounds of his beatdown commences.
    • "Ugh... wa, wait!" Brun calls out. He's helpless on the ground, tearing up with a fat lip and swollen eyelid. A talented promising knight and an incompetent knight who came in on the back burner. It was no competition.
    • 'It would be disrespectful to Halys and Dylan if I stopped him now... let's help with the testimony when the trial takes place. Let's leave out her [Mary] name so that she doesn't get into any kind of gossip.' Jayna is deep in thought over what to do next. A voice interrupts her, however.
    • "This way!" It's Mary! And she's back with company: two knights. "It's over there...!" one of them sighs, seemingly expecting Brun's involvement in the fiasco he was brought over to inspect. But it isn't the sight of the knights that surprises Jayna—it's the fact that Mary came back at all.
    • "... Lister makes trouble without skipping a day." the navy-haired knight says, sweat dropping at the sight of Dylan, fist raised, ready to continue pummelling the unconscious Brun. "You're amazing in many ways. I think I can hear the wrinkles on the forehead of the Sixth Knight leader up to here."
    • 'He [Brun] has the worst reputation among the knights.' Jayna thinks, coming out from her hiding spot. "Knights, you're here!" she calls out, as if she hadn't been hiding behind a tree the entire time (lol). The navy-haired knight takes notice of her.
    • "I was wondering who was hiding next to the tree, was it Lady Bellechateur?" he asks her.
    • "Yes, I was passing by, and I stopped. Is Lord Brun Lister alright? I thought he fainted..."
    • The navy-haired knight takes a moment to look at the scene behind him. Dylan is nonchalantly putting his gloves back on. The brown-haired knight who accompanied the navy-haired knight is holding up Brun, whose soul has been beaten out of him. Immediately, he turns back to Jayna, smiling nervously. "It seems like it. Is my lady hurt anywhere else?" Jayna brushes aside his worries, insisting that she's fine, and the scene fades out.
    • The second day of National Day, Jayna's at her desk, writing a letter. Anna comes in breathlessly, calling out for Jayna. "Miss! Count Lister has already filed for a trial in yesterday's case!"
    • "Even if your opponent is a knight from the Klein family, he's [Dylan] from the common people. He [Count Lister] would have thought he couldn't lose the trial, so he would have wanted to finish it as soon as possible."
    • Brun Lister was actually injured and even fainted. The Kleins didn't do anything to rescue him [Dylan] after the trial. Halys insisted on a retrial for the loyalty and solidarity of the knights, but it was not accepted. 'In the end, rumours circulated that she had a big fight with her father, and the Lister family took the trial in a flash. It was unfortunate for Dylan in many ways.' Jayna mulls over her past life, continuing to write. Finally, she finishes.
    • 'Last night, I witnessed the full story of what happened to your knight, Sir Dylan. If you need my testimony, I'll be happy to come forward, but in this case, I will not be known to the outside world until the day of the trial.' the letter reads. Satisfied, Jayna hands the letter to Anna and tells her to send it to Princess Halys. Anna eagerly agrees, and sets off immediately.
    • "I think it's almost over," she hums. "I have an appointment, so I'll be back." Jayna says with a pleasant smile on her face.

7. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not only rude to Louise, but he also did the same to Jayna. He grabbed Jayna's hand in a rude manner like she is a commoner. He was lucky that Jayna didn't take action on him but this time, he won't be that lucky as Louise is more unforgiving than Jayna at this moment. If every knight is acting like Dylan and Cassie, the empire's future is in a good hand.

The funny that is Aiden didn't under the love potion influence, and he already acting like this. Just imagine if he is under the love potion's influence, he would be a yandere. Haha.

The thing is Jayna actually looks pretty on the novel cover. I blame the manhwa's artist for making her so plain when Louise, Halys, and Angela are prettier than her in the same medium. I hope that she will slowly be looking pretty as the story goes.

Thanks for your summary for chapter 39 as usual. Just as we expected, she will be saving the knight. If everything went according to her plan, she will have 2 powerful allies (Louise and Halys) on her side now.

And there is someone translated chapter 27 and chapter 28 for the manhwa and the quality is garbage tier. It is sad that this good manhwa ended up like this.

roseO and honeymochi like this.
  8. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    God, could you imagine how fucked Jayna would be if she had been reborn WITHOUT immunity to the love drug? I don't think she'd be Angela's simp/punching bag like in her first life, but considering how much the drug changes the person's behavior, Jayna would probably be struggling mentally with trying to protect herself & her father from Angela.

But yes - Aidan is truly an idiot. Along with Count Brian. They both have the most lowest of standards considering that Angela without the drug is just the most socially inept person ever but with a very pretty face. Like the second she gets caught in a lie, she's completely unable to explain herself other than by crying & throwing a temper tantrum - which is NOT what you'd expect a masterclass villainess to do.....
    -_-

Even a capital prostitute might even have higher etiquette than Angela "i wanna be princess but i don't want to study how nobility works, i'll just let Jayna & my 'friends' handle it for me & miss every social cue possible~" Vito.

9. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why she wasn't the main antagonist in the end. Jayna will be facing someone who is more capable and deadly. Angela will be a pawn used by both sides.

And yes, prostitute will have a better chance to win a crown princess position than Angela at this point. At least the prostitute knows how the real world works and she will fight the battle prepared.

10. honeymochi

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahoy, everyone! Chapter 40 is upon us!
    Obligatory reminder that I don't know how to read, write, or speak in Korean. Therefore, I rely on MTL to do the job for me. Italicized text is my own summary of what's happening, and italicized text are words I've directly extracted from the translator!
    • The day has come for Jayna to attend the National Day Festival with Dane. However, it hasn't been a joyous day for everyone, and that goes doubly so for Angela—ever since she got back from the fiasco in the palace with Louise, Angela's been cooped up in her room. While a maid brushes Jayna's hair, Ellie reports to her that she's been hearing Angela cry in her room all morning. Of course, Jayna, being the caring sister that she is, pays Angela a visit in her room as she huddles in her blankets. "Angela, let's not skip meals, okay?" she says to her lovingly, patting the lump of blankets. "The social world is very fickle. After a few months of self-reflection... it's gonna be okay."
    • The scene changes to Jayna looking out the window of a carriage, as she makes her way toward the festivities. 'I told her not to leave the mansion, but... We can't let Angela wander around, since she's suspected to have something to do with the witch.'
    • "Witch..." Jayna mutters aloud. 'I've ordered Anna to investigate her days in the South Valley... does it really exist?' Her thoughts are interrupted as the sound of the carriage door opens. Her escort has come to tell her that they've arrived at their destination. "Thank you, Hans." she says as he takes her hand to lead her off the carriage.
    • 'First, let's focus on the appointment with Dane. If you stay in such a sad state...' She looks around, but spots Dane in an instant. With a warm atmosphere surrounding him, he's dressed impeccably for their date uhh, outing, a rosy tint in his cheeks as he waits for her. Unfortunately, while it's suitable for a noble to wear on an outing with a lady... Jayna is notably shocked, due to the fact that they're trying to blend in with everyone else. "... Oh my God. Dane!" she calls out to him, rushing over in a hurry. Dane calls out to her in turn, using her nickname. "What's with this outfit?" she asks him. 'What a conspicuous outfit on the street!'
    • "Everyone told me to wear this when I said I was going to meet Jay." he smiles at her innocently. 'It's obvious even if you don't look...' Jayna sighs inwardly.
    • Flashing back to a while before their date, Dane is seen about to walk out the door. One of the elder members of his staff calls out to him, asking him what kind of appointment he has for the day. As soon as he says it's with Jay, the rest of the staff are shocked ("Master..." "A lady..." "Meeting with...?"), before immediately jumping into action ("The master's shirt is like this...!" "The overcoat's purpose is...!" "This is the pants...!!" "Brooch!!"). 'They would have dressed him up when they heard that he was going out with me.' Jayna thinks to herself.
    • "Dane, in times like this where you mix with the common people... I usually wear plain and simple clothes."
    • "I see. Should I go back and change?"
    • "Come on, there's a place I know." she replies, as she tugs on his hand.
    • "Welcome, Jayna Bellechateur." a saleswoman greets Jayna as she enters the premises. She politely greets her back, before getting down to business. She claims that she wants to rent casual clothes for men to wear. "If it's a request from Bellechateur, I'll just give it to you! By the way... what kind of family does the man who accompanied you come from?"
    • "I don't know? He said he wasn't a nobleman."
    • "I can't believe he's a commoner...!"
    • "Right? That's what I thought."
    • "L, let's get some clothes!" Immediately, workers come out with outfits galore for Dane to try on.
    • "Wait!" Jayna cries out. "They're not all casual clothes!"
    • "Oh my gosh? I didn't know..." the saleswoman says, but she doesn't really look sorry at all. Soon, Dane looks like a proper commoner, with the workers of the boutique looking on admiringly. Jayna can only look on exasperatingly. "Thank you~ please visit us again!" the saleswoman sees them off joyfully. With both of them properly outfitted, they can now enjoy the festivities in their entirety.
    • "This is so cool, Jay!" Dane exclaims with awe written all over his face. "I've never been outside before, so I've never seen anything like this.I'm so glad I'm here with Jay..."
    • 'I'm more happy now than ever.' Jayna thinks as a montage plays of Dane enjoying the festival with Jayna. An abundance of food, art displays, and accessory booths. Speaking of...
    • "Jay!" Dane calls out. "I think this will look good on Jay." he says, placing a red headband on her hair. 'I think it suits your blond hair better than mine...' Jayna thinks to herself, sweat dropping. Too late, the saleswoman running the stand caught sight of them, and she wants that purchase to be made.
    • "Oh my gosh~ the headband found its owner! It looks really good on you! That headband was originally supposed to go into the studio, but I brought it with me specially for today's festival." she openly gushes over Jayna. "The silk in the ribbon is the highest quality item that even the Marquis of Bellechateur has it! If you don't buy it now, you won't have it later~?"
    • Jayna feels what's coming. "Dane... I'm fine-"
    • "I'll buy it!" Dane already has a bag of money ready, eager to give it to the saleswoman, who's pleased that she's succeeded.
    • "Thank you for the gift. I want to give you something in return." Jayna turns to him later, as they walk down the street together.
    • "No need. Jay came all the way here with me at my request."
    • "Still... oh, that's it! It's a wandering circus!" she cries out in surprise as she watches a clown entertain a group of children. "Dane, let's go see that! It's a performance that comes to the capital only a few days a year!" She tugs on his arm, leading him to the bustle of people that make up the line. "As expected, there are a lot of people because it's a famous circus group. Come on, Dane?" She turns around at his silence. "Why aren't you answering..." She realizes he isn't there. Immediately, she runs against the movement of the crowd, aiming to find him. 'I couldn't see it because it was so crowded! Where...' Her face darkens in horror. "Dane?!"
    • Dane's kneeling on the ground, unable to keep his head up. He's panting loudly, evidently pained as sweat runs down his face. "Dane, are you okay? Let's move for now!" As she lifts Dane's arm around her shoulder to ease his burden, she thinks to herself that 'unlike before, my body is so cold...'
    • It was as if the sound of my heart was pounding in my ears. I felt guilty for not being considerate of him who was sick.

11. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Well, to be honest, it is not the chapter I want to read. I want to see how Jayna saved Princess Halys and her BFchapter instead. Well, I guess we have to wait for the next few weeks to reach that point.

honeymochi likes this.
  12. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Low-quality translation for Chapter 29 is out, and I guess that I am really glad to see Jayna ruined Heather's career path in this timeline as she was really a bitch in the first timeline.

evanesco99211 likes this.
  13. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    QQ: Can anyone tell me what happened to the rabbit? I saw the raw 41 and the rabbit follows the MC, was he/she becomes her pet?

honeymochi likes this.
  14. honeymochi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God, guys. I just realized that, after copying and pasting the same small text warnings before my translations numerous times, I've been keeping in a typo for God knows how long. They've been saying that italicized text is both my personal summary and a direct translation, but that's untrue. Non-italicized text is my own summary of what happens in that panel, and italicized text are words I've extracted directly from the MTL. Now, to give the warning correctly!
    Obligatory reminder that I don't know how to read, write, or speak in Korean. Therefore, I rely on MTL to do the job for me. Non-italicized text is my own summary of what's happening, and italicized text are words I've directly extracted from the translator!
    • Directly after the events from the last chapter, Jayna's seen wiping the sweat off of Dane's face. "Are you sure you don't need to visit the doctor?" she asks him.
    • "Yeah, I'll be fine if I sit down and relax." Dane replies, smiling at her. "I didn't expect this to happen just because I ran a short distance. It wasn't this bad until recently. I worried you, Jay. I'm sorry."
    • 'What do you mean, sorry.......' Jayna thinks to herself, looking dejected. 'Today's meeting was entirely for Dane. I wanted to make another fun memory for you. I can't believe I lost my original purpose and couldn't care less about him who was sick.'
    • "I'm so sorry, Dane." she says to him, a shadow darkening her face.
    • "......? Why is Jay sorry? I'm really fine, so I don't want you to make that face." Dane says in return, but Jayna isn't convinced. With a downcast expression on her face, she stands up.
    • "As expected, it's early, but we'd better get back. I'll take you to the private wagon." Jayna makes the move to step away, but Dane holds onto her hand.
    • "Hang on, Jay. It's all right, let's go back and watch a circus performance." he says in an attempt to convince her to continue with her original plans. "But is the show already over? Then..."
    • "You can't." Jayna interrupts him, pulling her arm away. Dane bears resemblance to an abandoned cat. "What if your condition gets worse again..."
    • "That's fine." he replies simply. Jayna turns back to find him pouring an unknown concoction in a blue bottle down his throat, drinking heartily. "Haha~ Now that I've eaten this, I won't have a problem."
    • Jayna takes notice of the details of the potion. "The shape of the glass bottle is... Isn't that the holy water of the Temple of Herian? Even if it's holy water, it won't be effective..."
    • What we call holy water refers to the sacred water made by the high priests of the temple with prayer and spirit. But the common people can't even see it because of how high the price is. It didn't work very well.
    • "Jay recognizes it too. Correct."
    • "I'm sure you drank it more for the mood than your treatment..." she fusses over him. "Really, is everything okay?"
    • "That feeling is the most important part." Dane replies lightly.
    • 'Feelings... that small thing must be more expensive than gold or jewellery.' Jayna thinks to herself. She turns back to him and says, "Anyway, let's go back now."
    • "You're going back to the festival, right?" he asks her, lighting up.
    • "We're going to the private wagon!" she yells out, annoyed over his lack of consideration for his well-being. Dane attempts to refute her, but she interrupts him pointedly. "Dane. We're going to meet tomorrow anyway, so let's go home and rest today."
    • Alas, that rest is not meant to be, for a child walks by with a suspiciously familiar rabbit trapped in his grasp... "I'm sick of vegetables~ ♫ I'm going to eat meat today~ It'll make money if I peel off the skin and sell it, right?" sings the small child.
    • Jayna takes notice from how loud he is—and then she sees the battered rabbit, held by its ears. 'I don't have the right to interfere with other people's prey.' she thinks uneasily. 'The rabbit's fur is full of blood...' she takes a closer look. 'Makes me think of Boss Bunny...' And then the bunny opens its eyes—and directs its red gaze at Jayna. 'What?' she pulls back in alarm. "Boss Bunny......?!"
    • She directs Dane's attention to the injured rabbit. "D, D, D, Dane! Isn't that rabbit the Boss Bunny?" (The direct translation says that the rabbit's called 'Captain Bunny', but I'm going to be going with the official scanlation's name for this ferocious beast.)
    • "I, I think so...?!" he confirms what she sees, alarmed. 'Don't tell me... are you trying to sell Boss Bunny?! No! No way!' Jayna rushes over to the little boy, holding her skirt. "Hey, kid!"
    • The child looks back in alarm. "W, what!"
    • "That bunny..." Jayna starts, reaching her arms out. The child holds the bunny closer, refusing to hand him over.
    • "W, what! It's game that I caught! Don't even think about stealing it!"
    • "I'm not trying to steal it." Jayna gently corrects him, pulling her wallet out. "I'll give you this, so why don't you sell the rabbit to me?" Golden coins glitter in the sunlight, an obviously large amount hiding within the pouch.
    • "This is mine! And my brother told me not to accept money from strangers!" the child remains steadfast, refusing her.
    • "You mean I should make a deal, not just give it to you?"
    • "What's the deal? Is it edible?" he refutes Jayna again, turning away. Boss Bunny is looking the worse for wear, closing its eyes. 'At this rate, Boss Bunny...!'
    • "Kid, do you see this?" Dane thrusts his hand out, holding out his entire wallet full of shiny, glistening coins. The child reluctantly looks his way, and is evidently shocked by Dane's wealth... but he's wavering.
    • "I, I don't take money from strangers." he says. Dane grins.
    • "I'm not giving it to you? Come on!" Dane throws the entire bag far away from the trio, the contents landing in the market grounds. "Oops, I threw it in a crowded place. If I don't go now, someone might pick it up. What should I do..." Dane sighs, acting as if deep in thought.
    • The child only takes a mere few seconds to think about the bountiful amount of gold coins in Dane's wallet, before scampering off to retrieve his money for himself. "T, this is just the one time!" he exclaims as Dane waves him off cheerfully.
    • Later, Jayna lays the injured Boss Bunny on her lap. "Are you alright? It hurt a lot, didn't it..."
    • "It hurts so much..." it 'replies'. Its text is in a misty box, so I'm assuming this is its thoughts?
    • "The wound is too bad... Can he hold on until we get to the clinic?" she turns to Dane with a concerned look on her face.
    • "First of all... I don't know if it'll be first aid, but let's at least use the holy water." Dane looks down at Boss Bunny, gently caressing its face. He brings out the two bottles of holy water he has on his person, holds up Boss Bunny's paw, and pours the potion onto it. Its paw sparkles. Fortunately, the holy water worked so well that it [Boss Bunny] was able to overcome a dangerous crisis.
    • As they travel on the road via wagon, Jayna keeps Boss Bunny on her lap, petting him gently. "You must have been surprised. You're not acting up today." Dane talks to Boss Bunny.
    • "I know. How did he get caught by people?" she asks Boss Bunny, petting his fur. 'Usually you don't even leave the lake. Why did you go all the way to the big alley today?' she wonders, caressing its face. 'Don't get sick...'
    • Back at Restine Park (where they usually see Boss Bunny), they plant Boss Bunny on the ground. "I'll be back, so don't go to dangerous places. I'm the only one who's coming here anyway, so it'll be safe. We'll get going now!" Jayna and Dane wave at Boss Bunny, beginning to walk away.
    • "... Jay. I think Boss Bunny is following us." Dane mentions to his companion. Confused, Jayna turns her head to find that the distance between the two and Boss Bunny hasn't increased at all—if anything, it's decreased! Boss Bunny looks away as soon as Jayna turns around to look at him, but as soon as she turns to leave, he hops towards her in a hurry to catch up.
    • "... Looks like it." she says exasperatedly. Dane quickly deduces that it must want to follow them to take refuge at their home, from the harrowing events that took place today.
    • 'Take me with you!' Boss Bunny thinks, pleading. Jayna worries about leaving him there, so she asks him... "Do you want to come with me?"
    • Eyes shining, Boss Bunny can only reply internally, 'Yes!'

15. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your spoilers. I have been waiting for your spoilers for many days. So the Bunny Boss is now open to Jayna. But seriously, how can a Boss Bunny got caught by a little boy like that. It is so unlike him.

mia-chan and honeymochi like this.
  16. honeymochi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know! I personally put off translating this chapter for as long as I did because of how boring everything's been. I worry that the next chapter will have us doing another filler episode with Dane—again—instead of, you know, putting the puzzle pieces into place for Jayna's ultimate revenge.
    This is the problem that I have with the manhwa—the plot can be amazing, but while you're slogging through filler chapters at times, during others you're going through fast-paced, action-packed chapters that you wish were spaced out a bit more. More revenge and political intrigue, please!
    Even the best get caught off-guard at times. Though Boss Bunny's pretty strong for a rabbit, he's still just that—a rabbit. I reckon, with their substantial size difference, he can still easily be beaten by a little boy.

17. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    The kid also sorta cheat using a wooden sword.

lyann likes this.
  18. AliSakurai

AliSakurai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how Angelas downfall plays out. I know she got what she deserves but how did they get her? Anyone know?

19. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @honeymochi thank you so much for translating the manhwa chapters for this series. I truly appreciate your efforts since I believe the scanslations have stopped for this project.
    I was curious to see how things would progress but looks like we are stuck on the filler chapters for now hopefully the plot will start to move soon but I guess they have to keep the "romance" going too xD
    Thanks once again ^_^

Berry.Blast.20 likes this.
  20. SterryNight

SterryNight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen to MC's Dad?