Recommendations Angst romance novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Reita_360, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Reita_360

Reita_360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could someone recommend me an angst romance novel. Those kinds that will make you cry a bucket of tears because of how sad or tragic the MC is experiencing. Please with a heterosexual pairing/couple. Preferrably a happy ending as well.

Quarantine is taking its toll on me already and I suddenly have the urge to cry.

djan29 likes this.
  2. Scrimivory

Scrimivory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure I'd categorized it as a type that will make you cry a bucket of tears, but I'd recommend "You Are Still Here"

It has been a while since I've read it, but there is some angst in it. It paints a relatively realistic relationship between the main couple, with its ups and downs. Even if they love each other, it doesn't necessarily mean everything will be smooth sailing. Not fluffy by any means, the romance is somewhat bittersweet. Happy ending though, well as good as it can get.

Reita_360 likes this.
  3. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation! From the synopsis alone, I can tell that this will be a gem. I will read it as soon as possible.

djan29 likes this.
  4. Scrimivory

Scrimivory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, when I first came upon your post I thought of another novel first, just couldn't remember the name. Found it now though. I think this one fits into exactly what you want based on what you posted, but where the first one I recommended is based in Modern Day, this one is based in Ancient China. It's called "Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang"

This one has it all. I think it is more in line with your "cry a bucket of tears" remark. There are love triangles here. Sad and tragic things do happen to the MC, and not only the MC, but also the side characters. There is a happy ending for the MC. I can't say the same for all the other characters sadly. This is the novel that made me stop even giving a try at reading other novels tagged as "tragedy". At least in most cases. There is an awful scene in this novel. It affected my mood for a while after reading cause I couldn't stop thinking about it. You will know exactly what I'm talking about if you do read it and get to that part of the novel. At least I'd like to think so. Not sure if I'm overreacting about it, I've read objectively worse scenes, but this one in particular just sticks with me, so I ended up disregarding the tragedy genre altogether. As a sad and tragic novel, this one would be right up your alley. Do give your thoughts if you do end up reading it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  5. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    There is just something about ancient China that makes a story really depressing. I had read a fair share of sad and tragedy recommended here and I can certainly say that most that made me cry has the ancient China setting. Color me intrigued. I'll get back to you once I have read the scene you ''exactly'' mentioned. Thank you once again!

6. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Reita_360 likes this.
  7. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/three-lives-three-worlds-the-pillow-book/
    three lives three worlds the pillow book is a good one the angst is beautifully “built up”, reading it is kind of like the quote the “calm before the storm” if that makes sense. The mc’s character development is my favorite and what she has to go through will break your heart. Once the “real” angst starts WHEW the waterworks will be ramped up 100x. It’s not a sad ending but if you’re not satisfied with it, you can watch the drama adaption that was just as good, “Eternal Love of Dream”

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Reita_360 likes this.
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! Thats a lot of novels! I will read them once I finish the first recommended. My tear ducts are ready.

11. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I am really looking forward for the ''real'' angst you are speaking of. I will get back to you once I finish reading the novel.

12. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no.. thank you for your suggestion. But I have already read this book thrice already. I still cried on the third time. It was really angst.

13. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Start with Together Forever. It's shorter

15. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there's one more. 'Meow Meow Meow' punches you in the gut in the middle parts of the book. That event was so surprising, I still remember what happened until today. F*ck, I'm teary eyed again. It's supposed to be fluffy and hilarious but...

Reita_360 likes this.
  16. judairu

judairu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Reita_360

Reading List:
    Link
    I am following this story already! I really love the novels translated in Word-excerpt. I go there from time to time to see any updates on most of the novels there.

judairu likes this.
  18. Kokokabana

Kokokabana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link