Recommendations Angsty/Near Death Yaoi Novel Recommendations?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ALostCause, Feb 6, 2021.

1. ALostCause

ALostCause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have a weird kink for novels where the MC is misunderstood/abused/stabbed/ended up in hospital/long coma/amnesia etc... by the ML or while trying to protect the ML. I just really enjoyed the guilt and realization that the ML will have after learning about the truth of whatever caused the misunderstanding but it was too late to protect the MC (and then became more protective after MC came back/cured).

I am looking for any yaoi/shounen-ai novel recommendations with HAPPY ENDING where the MC was wronged/misunderstood by the ML in some way and ended up being harmed by the ML because of it? Or anything where the MC sacrificed themselves for the ML despite being misunderstood/ mistreated and ended up in a near-death/amnesia experience?

A few example include (I recently transitioned from manga to novel so not a lot of examples):
    • Sect Master and Psycho
    • When the MC secretly kept healing the ML using some dark ritual at the cost of his life while being misunderstood and mistreated by the ML. The ML found out the truth about the misunderstandings and how the MC has secretly been sacrificing himself to save the ML --> arrived to save MC --> MC basically "died" --> ML felt remorse and guilt --> MC was brought back to life --> and they lived happily ever after!
    • The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System
    • ML kept thinking MC doesn't care for him --> kinda framed MC and harmed him --> MC basically sacrificed his life (destructed his golden core to safe ML from going insane --> but essentially came back to life --> ML lost his mind again --> MC almost died again --> all is good and happy in the end.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Potato Look likes this.
  2. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you forget to mention that bl novel 'Husky and his white cat shizun'?

ALostCause likes this.
  3. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe you can try these... :blobcat_hyper:
    this one is about a snake demon shou who literally sacrifices his flesh (scales) and blood for ML's white moonlight. while not my cup of tea, can confirm it's a HE bc i skipped to the end lol not translated as far as I know

i don't know if these are HE but there's a lot of angst and redemption going on

ALostCause likes this.