Anime music quiz

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Diukes, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found AMQ quite some time ago and here im wondering if any nuffians have played it before. Do we have any amq players in here? :blobpeek:

2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta love that feeling of knowing the lyrics but not the name of the song.

zduino likes this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If people on this site are similar to me, then they probably prefer reading mangas or novels over anime.

...what I'm trying to say is, I don't wanna even bother cause I know I'll suck.
    Unless it involves classical music...then I'd most likely do good. So, Your Lie in April, Nodame Cantible and stuff I guess I'd be good with if they ask you about the soundtracks.

4. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    well, u can play opennings, inserts and eds here and use ur own anime list so i guess u can get what u want

5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, yea...I always skip the openings and endings. lol

The only thing I end up listening to are the soundtracks during the show...so I'd probably only be able to recognize soundtracks.
    There are sometimes some really good original orchestral soundtracks in animes. I really like those. Like in Zetsuen no Tempest.

...but I really wish they'd use brass instruments such as trumpets and such more in anime soundtracks. They are the best for intense battle scenes and it's a shame when they're not used.
    Even as a violinist I am whole heartedly saying that trumpets make a piece ten times more impactful when it's used correctly! Brass instruments have such a different and unique sound when compared to other orchestral instruments that all just mesh together, but even though this doesn't mesh into everything like other instruments, it still doesn't sound out of place in an orchestra somehow, in fact it alone adds a whole lot of diversity to the piece. When a brass instrument does a solo or the melody is done by the brass instruments, it truly shines like no other in an orchestra. And it's deep clear bass is perfect as background tracks for grand and majestic scenes in theatricals and plays...or in this case, animes.

Ok, I went seriously off topic. Well, be glad it was not about my own instrument, that would've gone on for days if I started talking about it...but what can I say, in basically every orchestral piece you can already hear loads of violins. That's literally the thing you hear the most. lol

Diukes and AMissingLinguist like this.
  6. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like these?

or my personal favorite, subtle but impactful:

7. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As some one with over $300usd headphone (ie80s) + $200 dac/amp(poke) and 17 Gb of lossless in side the phone. Full of acg mucic, but no I don't play it. I'm more on ost without lyrics lol
    Screenshot_20200220_112253_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg Screenshot_20200220_112240_com.android.mediacenter.jpg Screenshot_20200220_112240_com.android.mediacenter.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  8. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    The first two are more of a jazzy style of playing...so I didn't really mean that when I said it. Jazz is basically like the opposite of classical music (not rock...rock has more similarities to classical than you might think).

But the third one yea...only, I talked about the brass instruments playing the melody or being the focus at parts. In this piece it's only playing accompaniment. So, close but not really what I was thinking about. Think, Darth Vader's iconic theme (which is probably derived from a famous classical piece by Prokofiev, Dance of the Knights), or even Penny Lane by the Beatles. Those have amazing trombone and trumpet parts.
    Yea, you can really see how classical might be similar to rock in more ways than jazz through the Beatles. As one of the pioneers of rock The Beatles will never give you a jazzy feeling but their compositions that involve orchestras or classical instruments always give of a classical feeling.

Also, some of Bach's famous compositions make you wonder if Bach was a heavy metal fan or what. He wrote some metal as fuck pieces back in the day! I still can't believe the church approved of those pieces. lol (Other classical rockstars would probably be Liszt and Paganini and such.)

9. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like these?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-162924425/asuenjin-kido
    https://soundcloud.com/user-162924425/daichi-no-ikiru-michi