Discussion Anime that had a good idea but bad execution?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by animefan217, Dec 28, 2019.

1. giyuuwu

giyuuwu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoshiai No Sora (Stars Align)
    tackled really heavy topics, though I personally felt the writing and animation fell through at multiple different points during the series. Had really high expectations and it started off good (though some cringe?) but as it progressed it became sometimes yaay sometimes naaaaayyy (mostly the match scenes )
    but the ending was WOAH what

2. duderus

duderus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maou-sama, Retry. I really enjoy the manga, and have been reading the light novel. But wow the anime was god awful, yet it even got a 2nd season somehow... it looks exactly like Arifureta's adaptation to me.

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    re creators have nice fighting scene, superb ost and good characters except mc
    the ending is meh, or rather how the story came to be, girl get bullied, wimpy mc doesn't help, her creation want to take revenge only to be stopped by mc "reviving" her (fake)mother.

4. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it a let down and felt forced.

5. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two Car

What is that ending. When it was broadcasted, looks like cool side car racing, it has yuri as the selling points, campaigning with yuri banner.

How it is executed? Extremely bad, even the anime crew later apologized to japanese sidecar racing association for the poor anime plot execution.
    What weeds were the writer smoking, the two so called yuri female leads were constantly trying to gain attention of male lead who are mainly absent!!! and only appears on few last episode.

6. Ionliosite

Ionliosite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. I liked the premise, but both the anime and the LN it was based on don't make it justice at all.

7. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, definitely. The manga was awesome but the anime ruined that. Hope there's a re-adaptation :blob_coffee:

8. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tokyo Ghoul
    (I hate promising anime going downhill. It make me effin disappointed)

9. CharaDere

CharaDere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Corpse Party anime - can be interesting if they make more episodes that adapt on the game's story.
    • Big Order (only saw the anime but wasted everywhere)
    • Black Clover (Animations should be made by another studio instead. It makes the epic fight scene and atmosphere in the manga bad)
    • Guilty Crown - died in the middle part and piss off at the ending
    • Any anime in all genre that they decide to make a 3D adaptation of. (There is only a super very small exception of this type that can even be considered good)

10. ..

.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    22/7. I don't even care for idol anime, with it being my first one. I am just captivated by the protagonist act in first episode. Come on, the seed is there. The pragmatist in her, the cynicism she had, her heart's desire to be a non-conformist against the status quo she is in. It is just too much for me to expect that? come second episode, she become meek just like that. Where is her conviction?