Recommendations Animes to show my normie friend

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Hidetaka Miyazaki, Jun 13, 2020.

1. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah yes. i think for first timer, it would be great to show Studio Ghibli's first. it's well written and short.

why? because it's too depressing? :blobjoy:

2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because your friend may have some negative stigma by watching early episodes :blob_grin:
    It's good to give some depressing animes though :blobcheeky:

3. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Shaman King
    D. Gray Man

4. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't know.. But my brother watched Fairy Tail and loved it.. He is someone who loves action stuffs

5. AQZ

AQZ 《[re]tired frog》

Reading List:
    Link
    reincarnated to a slime, Fairy tail, Naruto, demon slayer, ig anything mainstream. Can't go wrong with mainstream

6. Kogal Koi

Kogal Koi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lel normie :ROFLMAO:, if he is interested in anime then just give him a casual recommendation, ask whats his favourite genre, dont think too much and then give it to him.
    But well dunno about the others, but when my buddy ask me to watch an anime together, i prefer an anime that have;
    1. Clear objectives and not too complicated ( If it a love story then just do the love story, dont put too much unnecessary drama).
    2. The duration of that anime is not too long, avoid season series. I recommend movie type anime.
    3. And last the anime must have an ending, a hunging story just pain in the eyes.
    Good luck and dont forget to have a fun :LOL:

7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a good first punch would be SukaSuka, emotional, artistically done opener with scarbrough fair woven into the story, good enough to keep further interest and as a bonus we might even get to see a normie cry lol. You don't want to be too casual since he'll then get the impression that it's something for casual viewing, you want something with punch to get him addicted *cough* invested.

Go look it up and see if you think that works.

Then Tiger and Bunny, Psycho-pass, the old version of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The 12 Kingdoms, Code Geass etc. Bringing out a lot of the big guns here lol.