Announcement: New Series -> D-Genesis

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ShasuX, Nov 8, 2020.

1. ShasuX

ShasuX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyas folks,

last time I came here to announce a new series, it was about Dungeon Battle Royale, a story that follows a Demon King in his quest of survival as a dungeon manager. This time I'm going with a web novel following the other side, the humans, in their quest of conquering and farming dungeons.

[​IMG]

To summarize it very shortly, it's science fiction with fantasy elements, playing in the modern era. The MC of the story is OP in some ways, but the focus lies on the system and his interactions with various characters. Many of them are interesting and fleshed out, making the dialogues between all of them an enjoyable read. In many ways it's a different approach on the whole dungeon-genre as it's at parts very scientific, but then again comical and laissez-faire at others. Considering its genre, it's still fair to call it a slice of life.

The author has tagged it as follows: R-15, Cruel Depictions, Daily Life, Adventure, Modern era, Dungeons, Cheat, Male Protagonist.

Two Light Novel volumes have been released (the last one in August), and there exists a manga adaption (a fairly decent one as far as I could tell from the few chapters available). In total there are 205 web novel chapters out, with the author actively updating once every week.

To give you a fair chance to get a feel of the novel, I have released the first 10 chapters yesterday. I plan to go with a weekly release, every Saturday (one or two chapters, depending on the length and my available time).

Give it a chance, and have a read here.

Cheers,
    Shasu
    (Infinite Novel Translations)

P.S.: There exist five teaser chapters by Kinokura. We talked it over, and they kindly gave me the go to serialize it from my side. :)

Havisu and Maomaomao like this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me, but do you happen to know the artist who drew the cover? It looks so... different but familiar. Like it reminds me of City Hunter.

Cheers to your new project!

3. ShasuX

ShasuX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The illustrator is called ttl. Here's their Twitter acct: https://twitter.com/ltt_ttl :)

Lazriser likes this.
  4. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite the colorful illustrations [illustrator] has.

5. ShasuX

ShasuX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a rather unique drawing style, but I think it suits this novel quite well. ^.^

6. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for picking up this novel

ShasuX likes this.
  7. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's refreshing to look at compared to todays mainstream artworks.