Annoying actors in Excellent Movies.

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kristen Stewart was good in the Panic Room.

Wujigege and userunfriendly like this.
  2. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    True. But if you compare anyone to Phillip Quast then you'll definitely be disappointed.

imK likes this.
  3. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god.. are you me?? I sat through the second jurrasic world movie just so i can see jeff golblum

Wujigege likes this.
  4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    the guy who voiced the mc of How to Train Your Dragon. i believe Jay..something was his name. thanks to him, i was only able to watch the first movie. never the 2nd one.

he also starred in Sorcerous's Apprentice alongside nick cage. though i quite like the movie, watching it in the cinema was the only time i was able to finish it. (the same as HTTYD). Probably in cinema, due to its size/setup, his voice doesn't feel as annoying. watching any of the movies i mention at home, it feels like he's screeching your in your ear.

thinking back, i wasn't able to watch Black Clover anime for kind of similar reason. the mc's yelling. worst of, i stopped reading the manga because i can't help recalling the anime.

for me it is Ryan Reynold in *almost everything.

*almost because i'm excluding X-men Wolverine (where he didn't talk, which i really agree with wolverine here), Blade: Trinity (he's just a nobody), and Hitman's Bodyguard (strangely, i was able to tolerate him somewhat in this movie. just enough to be able to rewatch the movie)

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Seth Rogen and Zach Gaflsjirnfbrjjkis

Their voices really grind my ears, specially Rogen. He sounds out of breathe and pitchy when he's excited.

6. Mehwish

Mehwish New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruce Willis is playing sleepy grandpa in almost every action movie lately, he used to be reason for me to watch a movie, now hes the exact opposite. Everytime I see that Johnny Depp is in a movie, I just dont wanna see it, he can be good (Ed Wood), but other than that hes mostly annoying.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I only liked her in Into the Wild. She was really cute back then. But I try to avoid movies with her since the Twilight saga.

~~
    Anyway, I don't watch many movies so I can't comment about that, but there's one particular TV actress that I can't stand.
    No idea what her name is, but she was the nurse in Prison Break and Rick's wife in TWD. Some time ago she was in another show... Colony, I think, which I skipped altogether so I didn't have to see her.

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Anne Hathaway was great. Halle Berry was the one who was crap.
    Anne also won an Oscar.
    When an actress is hated by Hollywood but gets an Oscar then you know that she is good

userunfriendly likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a Korean actress called Jin Seyun that is in everything usually in lead roles.
    There was a rumour that she might have a rich sponsor or family.
    Since Koreans are pretty cruel, she got asked that to her face and she admitted she is surprised at how she gets some many roles.
    If Uma Thurman was Korean, she would never get to star in movies for being too tall but actresses under 25 seem to get all the starring roles from perverted Directors who just love adding needless nude scenes to their films.

Her Chinese equivalent is Jing Tian, you have probably seen her in one or TEN Hollywood movies co produced by a Chinese company

Bachingchung likes this.
  10. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    I look these girls up and they're both really pretty, specially for Eastern Standards - and as your average horny male, I like it. I'm quite confused, are you saying they're bad or just annoyed that they're in almost everything?

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    They are just in everything. It makes no sense.
    Award winning actresses do not even get movie roles in Korea, it is pretty ridiculous but she, Jin Seyun does.

Jing Tian is even more weird since she is in big budget movies.
    Unlike people like Michelle Yeoh, she wasn't a former beauty queen.
    So she simply came out of nowhere

Bachingchung likes this.
  12. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    audience reception is a huge factor for being cast in a movie. I'm not really familiar with these two ladies since I haven't watched that much CN and KN movies/tv. This popularity often die out fast, so studio execs would milk them as much as possible. It might last longer in Eastern Entertainment industry, since these studios are often related with Talent agencies.

I checked Jing Tian movies, and I was surprised since I've watched them. She didn't stand out though, but I find her familiar, at least now.

13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the point.
    Both don't stand out or win any awards.
    They are not known to be popular either.
    Jin Seyun is also not a member of a big Agency either.
    So how is she in everything and in main roles too?

Like we found out due to MeToo.
    An actress won an Oscar but never got roles because she refused to have sex with Harvey Weinstein.
    Anyone will seem popular if they are getting cast every year.
    And anyone will be forgotten even after they won an Oscar if they get blacklisted by one single media executive

14. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Kudos to these ladies still, for working hard. Sleeping with higher ups is like an accepted untold truth for these industries already so I'm not that surprised. As they say, pride and dignity won't put money on the table. Jing Tian and Seyeun are stil cute AF though, despite the lack of acting skills.

15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that sleeping with higher-ups is as prevalent as many think.
    It can be a lot more subtle eg needless nude scenes.
    Also, I believe it is more about hidden rich young masters and young ladies who are getting into acting.
    It is a lot more common that many think

But thinking about it deeply, it is hard to judge actresses who are accused of sleeping their way to success.
    Since girlfriends sleep with their boyfriends and get gifts.
    Human relationships are a lot more transactional than we would like to admit

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    spchntrt likes this.
  16. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    nude scenes are really expensive and could get your film banned from the theaters so I doubt these production houses would have something to gain from this. Besides an industry filled with beautiful people, I highly doubt they don't sleep around even casually.

17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about?
    Salma Hayek stated clearly that Harvey Weinstein forced her to include a nude scene in the movie Frida I believe.
    South Korean movies are famous for their nude scenes. It is no surprise that Cannes loves their movies.
    A South Korean actress committed suicide after she starred in a nude role- The Scarlett Letter
    You have South Korean actresses who have had to state publicly that they won't star in a nude role to prove that they are professional actresses.- Kim Ji Soo.
    She had to make that statement because there is pressure to appear in nude roles with famous directors which can make someone's career

Bar Julia Roberts, at least 10 years ago, I could not find a Hollywood actress with an Oscar that has not starred in a nude role.
    The actress from Last Tango in Paris, was forced into a very violent sex scene that she wasn't told off in advance. It completely ruined her life.
    Nude scenes are big business.
    People are only considered "true artistes" when they have starred in a nude role according to some industries.

Many Oscar winning roles for actresses involved nude roles eg Halle Berry's Monster Ball

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  18. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know her name, but she played as Tina, Newt's gf, in the fantastic beast franchise. i'm not familiar with tina's character, but seeing her acting on scene is so awkward and i felt there's something missing in her acting. or perhaps, tina's chara is supposed to be like that. idk, i dont like seeing her acts.

19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as an actress/actor is favored by the director whether they are lovers, friends or relatives it doesn't matter.
    They will always get the roles even if they are a bad match for the role

20. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    A higher age restriction means lesser audience in the theater, ergo less profit. Some theaters also don't screen R rated films. That might work before because it wasn't as strict . Halle Berry also had a topless scene, but there were rumors that her pay was topped up by half million for that. It's rare to see nude scenes on Eastern Movies because they tend to be more conservative, but the suicide is more likely due to audience criticisms. KN and CN netizens are the worst. Lots of idols committed suicide even for smaller reasons due to these toxic fans.