Discussion Another- Novel by Yukito Ayatsuji

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by AgeNtSaRcaS, Sep 25, 2021.

1. AgeNtSaRcaS

AgeNtSaRcaS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't find a thread on this and decided to create one. I watched the anime a while back. It was the first horror anime i watched. It was good, the same goes for the manga. But by the end of the series I had more questions than answers. So I'm starting the novel hoping to find answers or even clues that are enough to create a theory and come to a conclusion

Let me know what do you guys think about this series. It's one of my favs btw

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's hard to talk about it without going into spoilers but it is an interesting horror take, that someone "extra" would be haunting a class and they had to exclude a real person to "balance" or bad things will happen. What I find interesting is that the haunting never really ended, the "extra" was killed in the past before and always returned eventually so in the future, another "extra" will spawn again.

AgeNtSaRcaS likes this.
  3. AgeNtSaRcaS

AgeNtSaRcaS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep it's quite interesting and the setting where the story takes place- a small town, the school and the beginning of the novel just give off that eerie feeling. The story telling was great too

The concept of "extra" and how the author uses it was good to watch.. or read ig

but honestly this is underwhelming. I thought I'd had tons of replies but guess not many have read this novel or watched the anime atleast

4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Only watched the anime some years ago, didn't find it that horrific tbh although I would be lying if I say I didn't like it, maybe because it wasn't my first horror anime XD