Discussion Another rant about younger gen

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Martialegg, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of young people nowadays dont have a lot of motivation in their life.

A lot of them would say to have an easy life.

Sigh, I mean who doesnt want that?
    Everyone wants easy life. Nobody wants a hard life, unless you’re a monk or mentally deranged.
    The fact that you answer it that way, you still dont understand how life works.

People can only achieve easy life, by having a hard life. It’s not the other way around.
    This includes even the rich guys. It’s just they have a different ‘hard’ than most people.

By wanting easy life, you’ll never have enough commitment and motivation to work hard. Get it?

You’ll need more motivation than wanting an easy life. Far more than that.

So, you ask me, how do i get that motivation?
    Every person has a different answer, so i cant answer directly.
    But the point is always the same.

Experiment more. Experience more.
    Dont be afraid of pain and suffering. Take it like you’re going to a haunted house.
    Because you’ll know it’s going to hurt either way, so be ready and prepare your mind.

Know more about yourself. The more you experience life, the more you understand yourself.
    At some point, you’ll understand it by yourself.
    And you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Otherwise, you’ll be living like a zombie. A living dead. Work eat sleep repeat. Smoking, sex, and drinking till your death.

Even those otaku is having a better time than them. Their hobbies would prompt them to create a community and creating a huge connections. All to support their hobbies and the industry, while having a fun time.

That’s all from me.
    Thx for reading my rant. (y)
    Still pissed though :facepalm:
    Would probably write more after i got home

Liola, nyamachi, vide and 2 others like this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
    Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Martialegg and tirirism like this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    During a time where the best thing you can do is do nothing...I'd say its alright to not have too much motivation.

Martialegg and 01 like this.
  4. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lazy is the nature of human, people inventing water pump so that they don't need to draw water manually, we also invent computer to calculate for us and I create a script to automate certain task those are the proof that human always wanted to have easy life. Back then when I need to built computer I must go to nearby store and ask the employee if this part available and that part compatible with this part but now there are site that can automate those process thus I don't need help from that employee anymore. My point is that younger generation lack "motivation"(in your oppinion) is not because they're trash or too lazy but technological advancement allow them to have easy life.
    (Damn I feel old writing this.)

5. DevianT

DevianT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I agree with this statement and there's nothing wrong in ranting in the first place, let's all hope we can get the vaccine soon before more people lose their job in this dire time.

Martialegg, orematcha and 01 like this.
  6. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok Boomer.

brigs11 and ExcitableFoci like this.
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    vanilla huh.png
    really this cat dunno which head or tail~ each generation can say they have hard time ya know? therr various situation on each generation which may create gap for different generation understand each other~ there exist lazybum, annoying cat and prick on each generation~
    hmm next generation will fix previous generation mess or something like that~ or just make thing more mess who knows~
    19637.png

8. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering we need a bachelors and experience to get a job that people used to be able to get without finishing basic schooling, yeah we have very little motivation. Also I think it depends what you think an easy life is. My idea of an easy life is not having kids, not starving and having a place to live. Not very exciting for most but it's what I want and will make me happy.

Martialegg, orematcha and 01 like this.
  9. RenAshdoll

RenAshdoll God of the Wired

Reading List:
    Link
    Someday Humanity will be like the shown in WALL-E, I think.

Martialegg likes this.
  10. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Fig pluckers son

Fig pluckers son Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are young people lazy or simply not doing want you want them to do? I don't know how you categorize things but I work in local community colleges in Seattle as a teaching assistant and I help counselors with actually getting students in to a class and finding work afterwords, and most people from Zoomers to Millennials returning for education are very motivated but have few opportunities and have a lot of things holding them down (debt, lack of jobs, F'ing pandemic). So if you want to call young people lazy then you can call the previous generations incredibly lazy because they left even worse problems for their children to inherit. So simply the TLDR is OK Boomer.

Martialegg, Tanhalevi, Liola and 3 others like this.
  12. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same shit the generation before said about you. And the generation before that said about them.

13. Yaenshall

Yaenshall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not really sure what you mean by easy life—sitting around and getting paid to do nothing? I’m pretty sure most people understand that in order to make money they have to actually work. Many millennials (I assume that’s who you’re referring to when you mean “younger generation”) are working and trying very hard to find jobs given the current state of the world. Not only that, they’re just trying to survive. By easy life, do you mean a life where they’re able make enough money to keep a roof over their heads and be able to fill their stomach and have enough in case of emergencies? Or I guess you could be referencing social media influencers, which still comes with its own set of challenges.
    And besides, there are plenty of people in the younger generation who are motivated to do things, who know what they want and are working themselves to the bone for it. I don’t think it’s exactly fair to just say that young people in general don’t have motivation.

Just my two cents, please stay safe and best wishes!

Martialegg and nyamachi like this.
  14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The easiest way to have a good life, is to have other people do your work for you. You take the profit, and pay them a pittance so that you can sip long island iced tea in The Bahamas while other people (most likely brown people) slave away for you for a lousy salary. Utopia is a great life.

ongoingwhy and Martialegg like this.
  15. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this rant about? I don't really get the point :blob_tilt:

16. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, i don't think there is anything wrong with living like that as long as it doesn't disturb other people's life. If that's how they want to live their life then let them live that way :blobhyperthink:
    It's not like them having motivation would make the world a better place

Martialegg likes this.
  17. cotton mortal

cotton mortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think any generation is doing much better than others. Everyone has their ups and downs, times when we don’t want to do anything and times when we work very hard.

Martialegg likes this.
  18. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm you don't necessarily have to suffer to have an easy life. People can be born out of various circumstances and each have different starting point, safety net, talent, and well luck. So in example... Donald Trump born out of wealthy family and had bankrupted 5 times...

Martialegg and Tanhalevi like this.
  19. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a sign of getting old. :blobpeek:

Martialegg likes this.
  20. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    You think those living in the 1500's lived just as good a life as we do in the 2000's? Yeah, no. I honestly don't think so. We definitely have it much easier, more convenient, safer, and just better overall. Those in the 1980's needed to work twice as hard to be half as convenient as we are right now.

A complaint do have is how as time goes by, people in general take things for granted more and more, becoming less grateful and focusing more on the shittier sides of things.

Skaistise and Martialegg like this.