Discussion Anxiety in general (but over 'silly' things)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jun 3, 2021.

?

Is it THAT big a deal I eat hand foods with forks in public? ;-; pffffft

1. INDEED. to hell. You abomination

25.0%
  2. *steals tail*

3.1%
  3. No? Just..eat how you want- as long as you're eating.

43.8%
  4. *Noms pizza*

3.1%
  5. I do it too, it makes me feel fancy >:D

3.1%
  6. Not a very big deal, no.

21.9%
  7. *Aggressively stabs food*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't weigh out someone's reason for being mad, sad, or anxious sometimes. Or say it's 'Silly' to cry over something. maybe the pressure finally set in, or they already were stressed or whatever.
    But what are some things YOU do, that you yourself feel ridiculous for?
    I always get anxious when eating in front of people, I have a hard time doing so. For multiple reasons, but one I'm willing to share is just I don't like touching food or taking bites. It feels messy and I just feel more comfortable taking small bites or using a fork and knife.
    Yes, I apologize, but I eat pizza with a fork, send me to hell. ;-;

I also get ridiculously anxious over waiting for someone to respond, especially my peers and professors/adults in emails. Every time the notification shows up, I immediately switch to that tab and my heart is racing a whole lot faster than it was 5 seconds ago, and then my heart drops when I realize it's just junk email or spam. ( =_=)
    I got anxious over nothing.

Also, people walking/driving while on their phones or smoking or doing make-up. Just seeing them do that makes me anxious. Could you a least do that stuff at a red light? Or if you MUST do your make-up while going to work, instead of risking running a red light, or shoving your mascara brush into your eye socket- *shudder* bad scenario image my mind made, ew- do it at red lights or pull to the side of the road for a quick second.
    Please.

Shizukani, Lissi, otaku31 and 5 others like this.
  2. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand how you feel Ollie I get anxious pretty much over everything realistic and not realistic I even get anxious if someone I didn't know was in trouble for no reason it's not like I care about them but I always get anxious it's really annoying too because I start shaking so much and get really cold.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. Napelynn

Napelynn Tuna Angel

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t eat pizza with a fork. At the very least, have the decency to use chopsticks. Stabbing is barbaric.

babybb, Fulminata, Lissi and 4 others like this.
  4. Princess Kito

Princess Kito Is it over yet?

Reading List:
    Link
    <----- Idiot princess
    I get anxious over the word "Mhm". Never say that word because it sounds like you hate me.

Off with your head.

5. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an idiot? :blob_tilt:

6. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    ....Mhm. :blobunamused:

/j

7. Princess Kito

Reading List:
    Link
    No, no! I am~ You're a very smart princess

Deleted member 300842 likes this.
  8. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    no actually I'm an idiot so if you were actually calling me an idiot I would say I agree :blobsweat_2: Thank you for calling me smart though I'm sure you're very smart too princess

9. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Using a spoon is obviously better. You need to decently scoop up some pizza and have it.

babybb and Mr. Tired like this.
  10. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Yooooo one time, in my Freshman year of highschool, I had to go up in front of the class and solve a math problem. Sounds simple.

I suck BIG TIME at math, I missed a lot of school while in the hospital, so while I can list all the pathogens the CDC hates the most, how to stop Cross contact, ServeSafe rules, and other stuff, I have to actually think about what 6+3 is. it's kind of embarrassing.
    But I was in Algebra and told to go to the front. I was thinking about it, and actually doing pretty good, and was starting to write stuff down when a kid said, "Oh my God, it's right there," and my mind blew up and I stopped.

Wait, was I missing something? What was 'right there' what was he talking about. And then all the kids are just getting impatient and saying "It's right there" and I just died inside that day, that was so anxiety inducing and I almost threw up. ( -_-) My face was soooo red, it felt so hot I felt like I was going to die on the spot from heat stroke or something.

And the whole time, Mrs. O was just sitting there watching it all. Tch!

11. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Maths is torture to humans I hate it and I use to avoid answering questions by hiding behind other students or just staying quiet everyone was staring at me and I'm just there silent I know the answer but I didn't want to say it or I'll spent the whole lesson praying that the teacher wont pick me or that her computer would stop working because she forces people to answer but she knew I had anxiety I could tell she knew she was smiling at me the whole time making the whole class wait for me to answer she was such a nice teacher.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  12. Princess Kito

Reading List:
    Link
    Me? Smart? No way, princess. Thank you, though :blobmelt:

13. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome princess Eli there's no one stupid or smart is just that people differ each person has a special thing they're good at.

Princess Kito likes this.
  14. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you eat it? With your hands??

15. Princess Kito

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said, princess. *sniffles*

Deleted member 300842 likes this.
  16. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe someone taught me that so it's not really my own words :blobmelt: but thank you

17. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally hate finger food because I don't like the feeling of oil and grease on my hands. Whenever I can use utensils, I will. If i can't, I eat at mach speed so I can wash my hands afterwards.

With pizza, I like to use scissors to cut the slices up into easily forkable bite sized pieces.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    KizunaAi likes this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you don't eat D*ck in public with a knife and fork it's all good. :blobwoah:

gtreed likes this.
  19. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I get anxious when people don't smile at me when talking. If I had to present to a screen full of expressionless people for a job interview or something, I'd cry, thinking they hate me.

20. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Email response anxiety is next level. I feel you there.

Also I pretty much have a breakdown when I'm waiting at a crosswalk because people will walk past be even when the signal says not to and I feel like the world's biggest clown for waiting like a good civilian.

tedy2004 likes this.