Recommendations Any Apocalypse stories from Apocalypse perspective?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jacobpaige, Jun 7, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how in most recent apocalypse stories, the world suddenly ends, the MC gets a system and then the whole world has to deal with the sudden invasion of zombies, mutated animals and/or extra-dimensional monsters? Basically that, but from the perspective of the extra-dimensional monsters. I'm mostly just curious if it exists.

Preferably not ones where the MC is one of the invaders but decides to side with the natives against their own people. I want it to stick with the invaders perspective. Though I'm fine with it if they've come to help the natives against other invading forces or w/e, as long as we spend most of our time with their perspective/people and not the native's.

2. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not what you want exactly but dungeon battle royal i aim for world domination has a similar concept

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Other than the bolded part, which is a bit questionable, Dungeon Hunter should fit.

MC is one of the 72 demons transported to earth where they fight over who gets to become the demon king. MC failed but for whatever reason he gets to strike some kind of deal with the gods on earth so he gets sent back in time but he helps the humans this time, though his motive is mostly just to use them to weaken the other demons rather than to help humans.

Anyway, novel is decent enough, though it got rushed halfway through and then it got rushed even more by the end.

djsosonut and jacobpaige like this.
  4. Selviata

Selviata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a bit of a stretch but My Dad Is the Galaxy's Prince Charming is narrated from the POV of the most invasive species in their intergalactic world lol. Doomsday does happen some point in the non-written history of the novel and the attitude the members of MC's species have towards everyone else in their universe is super "my dad is Li Gang"-like.

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You know the movie Avatar? That's basically what I'm saying I'm trying to avoid.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That series' synopsis is very strange...

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I re-read it more thoroughly and realized what's up.

MC in Dungeon Hunter isn't really as much on the side of the humans as he's just using them against the others. But yeah...

jacobpaige likes this.
  8. Selviata

Selviata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kakaka~ It's a pretty sweet and light-hearted read imo. So if you're looking for a hardcore survival of the fittest novel this probably isn't it, depends on what you want from it though.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I just wanted to know if it existed. This series looks like it might be fun though, so I'll be checking it out.

Selviata likes this.
  10. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Closest that I can think of is Hakai no Miko. The story is filled with future excerpt that state he destroyed the world as they know it although I suspect it is just a big revolution .

There is also a story in Royalroadl where the mc keep transporting to worlds and destroying them> I forgot the title. One world he declared war and the last army that he faced commented that the magic he used is of way powerful and asked what they did to offend such being. Next he arrived at another world. This time he enrolled to a magical academy and nearly killed the bully .His purpose , from what I remember it is there exist a true world. By conquering worlds he would arrived at the true world. Edit: Its True World and it is dropped

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24709/defiance-of-the-fall - this is close to what you're describing.
    As part of being assimilated into the System, Earth is merged with 3 other worlds. The inhabitants of the worlds are taken to a tutorial space where they're taught the System and the need for fight to advance. Except the MC, of course, who got left behind. While oblivious, he gets the quest from the System to stop the invaders at his local area. The invaders had their own quest to establish themselves in the new world. He eventually succeeds. The invader remnants reluctantly joins the MC because they can't return to their own world due to their quest failure.

And the story continues with the MC trying to get back into contact with other people. He meets more aliens, those from the 3 worlds merged with Earth and those of other invaders. He travels the mixed up geography of the 4 merged worlds. Fights happen. Loot is gathered. Grinding needs to be done. Skills are gained.

12. MoonaMars

MoonaMars Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you'll like Little Mushroom. The MC is a being born from the mutation of a mushroom. The apocalypse is not caused by zombies but by a super high rate of fast mutations. But it's a BL.

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jacobpaige likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try Dark Blood Age then. The MC will later, due to some events, turn into a monster. He will get to experience their perspective. The most memorable arc for me. This novel is very psychological, the MC later on will question his identity.
    Human >> Monster >> Human/Monster??
    He will get his human body back much later... but readers get to decide, especially after experiencing such as shift in himself. And I think despite all the tragedy that happened to the MC, that volume where he turned into a monster was the most happiest of his experience, because the novel is really dark.