Any Creative Guitar Players Out There Who Want To Help Me Make A Monster?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Linley, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so your saying each set is pre set to be tuned ? :/ I was just going back over the post and thinking this does sound rough to recreate guitare strings :/ Dude all i can say is you may be looking at a project that others haven't ventured on Honestly this seems like a headache...it seems like you bought a juicero and are looking for some of those sweat bags that aren't past their expo date :,)

2. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they're all tuned during manufacturing, and if you've every tuned a guitar you know how difficult that is, since it needs to be played while being tuned. That's why these are so special, and I mean the concept of it is just amazing to me. I might be able to make them, but I'll have to cut them long, make those capsule shaped hooks and weld them to the strings, then force them in and hope the tune will be good... Its real difficult, and that is the issue. This really is uncharted territory and I'm one of the few actually trying to figure out a solution. I can get a new bridge, but I want to avoid that, I'm loving the style of the guitar as well as the concept. I'm thinking of using regular guitar strings and seeing if they can fit where the bullets go, then clamp down the end somehow and tune it until its perfect, then cut what remains... but I'm not too sure how it will work out

Reright likes this.
  3. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i looked up the makers they tried to fill the demand by hand and the last update I found was 4 years ago and when searching on their site all you'll find is an unavailable allen wrench a man that has sold out and an item that "was" defiantly the strings because it shows up when you look for the strings also....so yeah

The company still has videos up of part of the process as they did it by hand :/ And I'm sure you could reach out to the company via phone or email/ social media and you could also make headway :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  4. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked into that too, and its not working either. People have been sending complaints for years, and they keep getting "maybe" responses. But I really appreciate the help ^-^ and I've been browsing through old forums, and i might have an idea that will work

Reright likes this.
  5. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Man tell me how it goes, I love digging through old forums to piece together these types of puzzles. Either way best of luck man keep me posted if yeah need help ;)

Linley likes this.
  6. TheOneTrueApex

TheOneTrueApex Illegitimate Young Master|Sadistic Male Lead|Laozi

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I haven't used any headless guitars before so I'm not sure how to go with this. Best personal solution I could recommend is to swap out the bridge. Having to search for specialized strings that aren't abundant on the market is rather... inefficient both time and money-wise.

Besides, even if you got speedloader strings, you'd still have to take time to take out the string and replace it in the middle of a gig anyway. Which again, brings us back to the question of how much of a pain in the ass it would be to scout out for strings that could possibly out of production anyway.

I'd rather just spend my money on buying another guitar to swap with in case I snap a string mid-play. Which I did by getting a Mockingbird to backup my Washburn.

7. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    so. . .
    think like a woodcrafter, be innovative, like when he needs a cup do he buy a glass?
    no he picks a wood and carves it to his liking,
    and hell practice, even if it is hard, once you perfected it inagine the feeling when people ask you, "hey that looks good, where did you got it?" kind ok thing,

Linley likes this.
  8. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I have a wall of guitars and I run them wireless at gigs, so a string breaking isn't a problem. But the system design makes it so you can change a string and it be in tune within 15 seconds, which I find absolutely astounding. I'm surprised they didn't catch on honestly. This guitar is just what I find to be an interesting project, and would love to see what I can do with it.

9. TheOneTrueApex

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, off the top of my head, I'd say that the fact that one would have to swap strings just to be able to go drop d or c and the fact that the strings aren't as easily available would be among the reasons it didn't catch on.

10. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually because of how they were made. They were all pretuned on guitars before getting the bullets welded, which was why they were perfect. And if you needed to do something like drop D, it's adjustable on the bridge. Haven't figured out how since i haven't examined it too much, but i have figured out how to keep most of this guitar together and playable.... kinda

11. TheOneTrueApex

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. Thought they had fixed tuning. *shrugs* what pickups did it come with though?

12. Linley

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing special, just vintage single coils which I'll replace if I can find something better laying around in my band room