Recommendations Any good fanfiction storys ?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chghaith, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CAn you guys recommend the best fanftion story you've ever read :p ?
    i am somewhat new to fanfiction so i was wondering what makes a good read

2. trag23

trag23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any particular fandom?

3. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anything would do really (maybe long live summoner or Douluo Dalu ? one piece .... idk just throw me some good ones :p )

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    you might like One Piece: The Soul Purchasing Pirate

Chghaith likes this.
  5. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Trans-Dimensional, Overpowered Protagonist, Harem Comedy is Wrong, as Expected. Oregairu/Danmachi on spacebattles.

Chghaith likes this.
  6. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    Inland and ReplayHERE like this.
  7. ReplayHERE

ReplayHERE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the list. It has some great fanfics. :)

8. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Originals
    The void wolf
    Everybody loves large chests
    The wandering inn
    The mother of learning

9. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Visit FF, after that pick the series/fandom that you want to read, and then sort by Favorite, ez right

10. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mother of learning +1 excellent novel and should be finished in 1 or 2 months more.
    Savage Dinivity, really really REALLY long, high quality, excellent world building
    World Keeper, long and funny, not really too serious.
    Azarinth Healer. Very good.
    Andur's novels. Almost all of them.
    Arcane Emperor. Quite good, long. Magic in another world.
    Out of Space, also good and long, US-like starship stranded in a magic world.
    Forgotten Conqueror, fucking epic, most likely on hiatus (author revives usually every 4/6 months and pushes a bunch of chapters then dies again)
    Clockwork Very good VRMMORPG based novel, on hiatus but has 3 completed volumes.
    The Defective Hermit, Only has 31 chapters however every chapter is a lot longer that the last (chapter 31 is easily 3/4 times longer than say chapter 10). The only con it has is the lack of updates in a few years however is an excellent novel.
    The New Journey of an Old Soul finished and excellent, also long.
    The Great Game - The Young Master, excellent, kinda like Reincarnated Lord but he is not op fighting he is only good with plots and things go wrong from time to time

And if you are ok with novels with explicit sex on it (minimum ammount of sex and not relevant so you can skip it if you want), both are do over stories
    A New Past by Charlie Foxtrot, scientist goes back to the past because of an accident. Finished
    A Fresh Start by rlfj, normal guy goes back to the worst years of his life, when he lived with his family. Has some some drama, not a MC that just enjoys a walk in the park and free stuff falls from the sky. Rough but EXCELLENT.

Now except The Defective hermit and A new past all the others have 100+ chapters, are of good quality upwards and are completely free (both smut stories require a free membership) some are even completed

11. trag23

trag23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For One Piece "This Bites" is always a good go to.

12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  13. erikvio

erikvio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, what a general request.

Purple Days by baurus
    • Game of Thrones
    Joffrey finds himself trapped in a time loop. It's a long and epic quest of growth, self discovery, and action. The story is finally reaching its endgame. Shockingly, it made me a fan of Joffrey.

Marie D Suesse and the mystery new pirate age! By phalanx
    • One Piece
    A 'mary sue' self insert pops into the world of one piece, but something about this doesn't add up. It begins as a parody of all the other Mary Sue self insert fanfics. It makes no sense at first, but after around chapter 7, everything gets clearer and the plot twists are so intense I was left gasping for air. It's kind of amazing and horrifying. I kept moaning "oh nooooo" to myself in horror/despair while reading, and I mean that in the best way possible. Complete.

Harry Potter and the Natural 20 by sir poley
    • Harry Potter; Dungeons and Dragons
    Milo, a character from a world governed by Dungeons and Dragons rules, finds himself transplanted in the world of Harry Potter. He's basically an alien, and his entire worldview and magic system is based on regimented and wacky logic, which baffles everyone else. You don't need to know DnD stuff to read it, I've never played it.

C'est la vie by totorox92
    • One Piece
    Kinda horrific but amazing OC who had been made a slave aboard an undead ship and is saved by Luffy. It's quite horrific and sad getting into the mind of the character, just a warning. Complete.

Like Sands Through the Hourglass by Lore55
    A unique self insert story in which Lien, an adult, finds herself thrown into the world of atla years before the start of the series in the desert and is raised as part of the sandbenders. Absolutely beautiful prose. Deals with the realistic implications of a normal fan ripped out of her adult life and thrust into an alien world rife with war.

Dreaming of Sunshine by silver queen
    • Naruto
    Naruto self insert where the MC grows up as Shikamaru's sister and joins team 7. One of the top followed self inserts on ffnet.

Six Pomegranate Seeds by seselt
    • Harry Potter
    Everything went to shit during the battle at Hogwarts, and Hermione finds a chance to go back in the past to right some wrongs. She can't go back as Hermione, though, due to time shenanigans. So she goes back as Cathal Rosier, and she must go through Hogwarts dealing with excruciating loss, being cut off from her friends, pressure of Voldemort, Slytherin house politics, etc. It's heart breaking, inspiring, and beautiful.
    • The author has another work with a similar premise that is also really good. Nihil est ab...something
    What's Her Name in Hufflepuff by ashez2ashes
    • Harry Potter
    One of the better HP fics in recent years. It's a self insert story, but much more slice of life-y. She just chills in Hufflepuff like a fan who is 100% stoked about discovering magic, and she tries to stay away from the entire Voldemort deal.

The Avatar Makes Three by avocadolove
    Something goes wrong during the final battle against Ozai, and the three benders in team Avatar find themselves back in the past. Why can they now bend the other elements? What happened to Aang?

A Sailorman's Hymn by vastderp
    • Homestuck
    The Sufferer comes across the Psiionic in a dream bubble, and pieces together what happened to everyone he loved after his death. It's incredibly heartbreaking.

Before I sleep by heatedheadwear
    • Homestuck
    Human/petstuck AU. Rosa Maryam miscarried and is given a pet red grub as an insensitive replacement. She actually bonds quite closely with the little grub, and is disturbed by how much intelligence the so-called pet exhibits. Obviously mirrors the Sufferer plot in Homestuck, so you bet your ass it's absolutely tragic.

Never had a friend like me by bookworm gal
    • Fairly odd parents
    Norman the genie gets summoned by the OC Amanda. He has no interest in her whatsoever and is off to gallivante around the world and plot his revenge against Timmy Turner. However, when he doesn't get called back by Amanda for her wishes after a long while, he starts to get curious about this strange girl.

Detective Pony by sonnetstuck
    • Homestuck
    someone went out of their way to write the entirety of Pony Pals, the 'rewrite' book Dirk gifted to Jane. It's completely absurdist, delves deeply into philosophy and the self, and is 100% Dirk Strider. I'm not kidding there are pages of annotations for references to particular philosophical texts and theories that you can check out if you were actually interested.

Stirring the leaves by kindle-the-stars
    • The Hobbit
    OC joins the Hobbit adventure. Well written, but it's a thorn/oc shipfic

It's for a good cause I swear by Sarah1281
    • Naruto
    team 7 discovered a time travel jutsu, and they all use it to go back in time to a specific instant to change something.

Changing the future by the patient one
    • One Piece
    similar concept as the story above, actually.

Walk two Lifetimes by Coolio101
    • Bleach
    one of the most popular self insert fics, this one in the Bleach world. This is set pre-canon.

This Bites! By xomniac
    • One Piece
    one Piece self insert fic set during canon, but diverges WILDLY after a while. Same zany humor as OP. Cast of characters frankly becomes unmanageable after a while though.

Here is Gone by Terri Botta
    • Buffy the vampire Slayer
    Spike time travels after gaining a soul. It's beautiful and heartbreaking.

How to Win friends and influence people by olivieblake
    • Harry Potter
    It's dramione and nottpott plus a whole bunch of other pairings, set after the canon cast have grown up. The author made the wizarding world incredibly seedy, and they've stumbled across an international conspiracy.

I largely tried to stay away from shipfics in this list, but there are some really amazing ones out there.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    LordRikudo likes this.
  14. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    An original web novel is now a fanfiction? :hmm::hmm: