Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Raneday, Mar 21, 2019.
I'm open to all genre aside from Drama/tragic/tearjerker ones
Watch Bird Box at night with friends or siblings
Platon's Love on Viki
S for sex, S for Secrets ..an Hong Kong movie
Marriage Blue a Korean movie
Wan Qian was great in Paradise in Service, although I won't watch that even if I am paid.
Watching extended movie clips on Asian Crush YouTube channel that are about 20 mins long beats slogging through a 2 hour movie and getting disappointed.
Watching just the best bits is much better.
72 secs TV and Dingko Drama and the annoying Playlist Global are YouTube channels I recommend for mini movies and mini TV series/ dramas.
Why spend 20 hours watching a TV show when you can spend 50 minutes on almost as many episodes?
You should definitely watch Rock star a 2011 Bollywood movie
A Touch of Frost
Last thing I watched was Black Mirror (both the series and the movie Bandersnatch). I really liked it.
For recently released movies, definitely go and watch Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse. Probably the best Spidey movie thus far and one of the best animated movies that I've seen.
already watched it, thanks anyway
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.
I don't think I've seen the other one he's done but I quite enjoyed it. As long as you can switch off and ignore the far-fetched nature of especially this type of film, then it's all good. Decent entertainment, and overall quite an immersive action flick.
You are better off watching The equalizer (First, because the second one sucks) than Jack Reacher (any).
Okay, since you didn't throw out a genre, I'll be listing some of my favorites! (I love horror, psychological thrillers, and scifi, tbh. I'll also throw in some tv shows!) Since you said you're gonna be on a movie binge, I'm assuming you'll be watching from home so I'll refrain from recommending any that are out in theatres right now.
- Shutter Island (Okay, I'm a sucker for Leonardo DiCaprio, but this movie is one of my all-time favs. He was just amazing in this!)
- Inception (Also another Leonardo DiCaprio one. This one's a bit hefty and long, maybe three hours in movie length, but the story is fleshed out super well and leaves you wanting more!)
- Black Swan (Natalie Portman was amazing in this role of a ballerina who kinda goes nutso.)
- Before I Go To Sleep (First time I've ever seen Nicole Kidman in a horror, but she did well! This one had me on the edge of my seat, and that TWIST got me good.)
- 1408 (This one is more psychological horror, so it's got pretty scary bits! But I loved the twists! Make sure you check out the alternate endings on youtube as well-- I believe there are three!)
- Perfect Blue (A Japanese animated psychological thriller released in 1999! Black Swan was took quite a few themes from this movie, but they're both good in their own right. Music is well done, and the art is typical 90's old-style and I love it!)
- A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean psychological horror, but I put it in here because it's HELLA scary and got jump scares and shit.)
- A Quiet Place (Super well done and I love Emily Blunt and John Krasinski so definitely had to watch this. It's a post-apocalyptic horror that's more monsters than it is ghosts.)
- The Grudge (Classic Japanese horror movie! There's an American version, but please it doesn't do the original justice!)
- Shutter (Really scary concept from a Thai horror movie. I think the American version is ok, but the original Thai one is REALLY good!)
- The Eye (Also a truly frightening Asian horror movie! Lots of jump scares and scary things and you truly pity the MC.)
- The Eye 10 (Not related to the one above. It's this hilarious Asian horror movie that's equal parts scary as it is funny! One of my favorites!)
Sci-Fi: (Most of these will be time traveling thriller movies because that's one of my favorite types of sci-fi movies lmao.)
- Edge of Tomorrow (I love Emily Blunt, and she was amazing in this! Amazing theme song and quite a fun yet serious story.)
- Looper (Joseph Gordan-Levitt did a good job in this movie, and the TWIST at the end gets ya. It can be a bit confusing, but overall good story!)
- Source Code (Jake Gyllenhaal made me fall in love with him in this movie! It's a movie that's got the right amount of action and mystery!)
- The Butterfly Code (Ashton Kutcher does dramas surprisingly well. I only knew him from his funny stuff, but this one tugged at my heart strings!)
- Interstellar (ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES!! Made me cry all the way through. God, Matthew McConaughey can take all my money for this!)
- Annihilation (The story was a bit confusing; did not follow the book really. But the visuals were stunning and it's got a bit of horror in it as well so loved that!)
- Arrival (Loved the idea of scientists actually trying to communicate with aliens here. It's got something so sad and melancholic about it, that this movie surprisingly became one of my favorites.)
- Black Mirror (Psychological thriller anthology; the series can be a bit shocking to watch so you kind of have to brace yourself with this one!)
- Westworld (LOVE. Western themed psychological thriller sci-fi where you contemplate what is human and what is not.)
- Love, Death & Robots (Netflix's new anthology series focusing on those themes with many different genres! They're all really short (maybe 10ish minutes at the most) so quite different from Black Mirror; if you're looking for something short and interesting, watch this!)
- The Walking Dead (Zombiessssss and also really amazing character development throughout the series!)
- 9-1-1 (Super dramatic, lots of conflicts, etc. But I love it!)
- Parks & Rec (Extremely funny and also I love Amy Poehler so.)
Separate names with a comma.