Discussion Any news about Dungeon Defense volume 6?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NinjapowerMS, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damnedguy

damnedguy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give Me MY DD!!!!! well one thing that I notice about this novel is, he didn't use the affection screen much making it seems wastefull sinve I think there should be other which he could use more effectively

2. mikerockz

mikerockz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the author is still in the middle of writing. based on what he said in the afterwords i think he wont stop any time soon. :) the whole year i was like there is something missing in my life then i remember i just couldn't put my finger on it. now i remember. Humbaba!!!! T_T

Hoshiandme likes this.
  3. smgo27911

smgo27911 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About damnedguy's post, I'm pretty sure the author will give Dantalian a chance to pick another perk from the pop-up list. He'll probably do it through 'Achievement Rewards' to nudge us back to how things were in the beginning and give readers a more in-game feel for the story. I say 'pretty sure' because it was hinted back in volume 1's glimpse into the future when the princess was describing Dantalian, "The lord managing false alchemy and all rhetoric". My theory rests on the assumption that 'false alchemy' refers to the power store cash/items in a separate space and pull them out whenever, or the ability to summon monsters, basically turn gold coins into living beings...........Anyway, I really hope volume 6 comes out soon.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  4. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been over 1 year already...
    By the way, Dantalian has one year left before the Prologue from Vol. 1 happens.
    Hm... It is possible, but do you think that it will be that easy for the weakest Demon Lord?

...by the way, Belial the 68th died in torture. Seere the 70th died in battle. Andromalius the 72nd was killed by Dantalian the 71st.
    ...69th, things are looking not good.

Then there are also those 7 lower ranking Demon Lords who were purged... I think that Dantalian will be "the weakest" by default at this rate.

5. Stability

Stability Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pray we get a release date or some news soon this is one of the few novels i really like.

Ishmael and Zone Q11 like this.
  6. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read a comment saying that the 6th volume is out (though probably not translated yet). Although i wasn‘t able to find it... but i also had a really hard time even finding the previous volumes (in raw from the original publisher), so that may just be me...

AJiggaboo likes this.
  7. blb91

blb91 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I searched google in Korean via machine translation and found the Korean wiki. According to the wiki the series is indefinitely suspended over accusations of plagiarism. I read over the accusations, and they seem spurious. Basically anytime the author employed basic genre tropes it was met with an allegation of plagiarism. For example, the arc with the princess killing her incestuous siblings was claimed as plagiarism of Game Of Thrones. When Dantalian set up a city he mentions a system of governance derived from a civics novel and therefor was plagiarism. When Dantalian monologues philosophy he was obviously paraphrasing people like Kant and that was taken as another example of plagiarism. I could have missed something as it was machine translated Korean, but it appears idiots conflated tropes and conventions with literary theft and got the series killed.

AJiggaboo likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah?
    why it feel like CN young master story?
    mind to link the wiki? ah since your account have less than 5 post just edit the link a bit so the link not flag as spam
    something like xxxx/vvvdotcom instead of xxxx/vvv.com

AJiggaboo likes this.
  9. blb91

blb91 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure I have it saved on the work desktop. This afternoon when I go for my shift I'll find it again.

10. SlimIcee

SlimIcee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That whole plagiarism issue has already passed for the most part. The author is just suffering from writer's block.

11. blb91

blb91 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool, I thought it was odd since series like No Game No Life are still running when that guy definitely got caught tracing. For anyone interested here is the Korean lit wiki.

h t t p s ://librewiki . net /wiki/%EB%8D%98%EC%A0%84_%EB%94%94%ED%8E%9C%EC%8A%A4

12. ZeroTempest

ZeroTempest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been over year already... Where is Volume 6 !!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh, Im going crazy I want to see more about the wich I want to see Dantalion !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.