Discussion Any one else dislike MC who doesn't value human life.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Nodeo Franvier, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodeo Franvier

Nodeo Franvier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else dislike Mc who doesn't value human life and have no mercy?
    Such as MC from Arifutera,Overlord etc.

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I mostly try to avoid those types of MC myself.

KIJIN likes this.
  3. shiro3001

shiro3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Human life only has value till that human values someone else life.
    If you are prepared to kill someonez you should be prepared to die.
    Same with rape, thefts and all.

fireflying, Milanin, KIJIN and 5 others like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not half as much as those who indiscriminately kill wildlife. Partly the after-effect of reading too many cultivation novels, I guess.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I have several conditions for these types of mc, but the most important part is that they're not hypocritical to themselves, not others.

c.decora likes this.
  7. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    depends what principles they have

KIJIN and Almaa like this.
  8. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Hammurabi's Code
    Btw, mc arifureta which chap he care not of someone?

Oblih likes this.
  9. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like grey moral principles, but as long as the protagonist acknowledges they killed someone. Because what’s even more irking is when the author omits the fact that they’ve killed a character, it takes some serious conduct to commit to the characters death, even minor characters. But mainly if it adds anything to the development of the character.
    The protagonist in this story adopts pacifist methods and develops a “Monster Nation” which causes quite an upheaval. There is this whole political/delegation theme that enters in the later half of the story. Namely after an attack on the protagonist’s fair city and a death of a comrade, he realizes that his adopted policy did nothing for his citizens. The slime massacred an army.
    Though there are some days where I avoid those types of tags... namely because I need fluff or romantic tension to read every now and then.
    And there are many instances where it feels cheap for the protagonist to rack up a head-count... authors like Arifutera could’ve done a better job juxtaposing that they’ve become estranged namely because of the situation they’re in just developed to that point. (N. Caring about “your people” is a good way to contrast, but it seems kind of... off. In fiction it’s quite easy to “harden your heart” after one terrible event, I think that requires urgent struggles and multiple disappointments. Strive for empathy, don’t forget the show in “show and tell”. Love interests are extremely cheap.)
    I suggest “FFF-class Trash Hero”. A manga that has excellent juxtaposition, but I suppose it’s only fine because the dark humor carries the pacing.

Power-highs are only good when the protagonist has some sort of goal or ambition.

KIJIN likes this.
  10. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord level? Not a strong dislike since I find some, if not most, of the kills quite justified there.
    Arifureta? No. I don't dislike such MC. Infact I like Hajimeesque MCs a lot. Human lives have a value only until they lose what makes them "human".

c.decora, Leo William and Jasad like this.
  11. king cooly

king cooly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I hate is when the character is supposed to not value human life but goes around saving people.
    I really hate inconsistencies like that.

IrregularPerson and Vincent1873 like this.
  12. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    What I dislike are edgy psychopath loner MC that kills innocent people. Which made me also not like most OP superheroes due to casualties they cost.

The problem is why I don't like this is edgy MC has this contradictory were they can easily kill any people but is lenient to women. Some are created as some kind of murderer loner but got this ladies thirsting for them like wth.

I like killing in my stories as long as it justified.
    Killing truly evil beings even torturing is sweet vengeance. But senseless killings is just plain disgusting.

That's why I despised Ouruburos MC were he save a slave girl but continuous experimenting with other slaves and even made his brother psycho due to his actions just because he is afraid of death. A typical trope for villians wanting immortality using lives of others.

13. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    He's pretty tame.... He only hurts or kills those who harm him and his family be it humans or gods... :blobpeek:

MC with Good Alignment... They tend to become self righteous hypocrites .

MC with Evil Alignment.... Keeps declaring I'm Evil & Ruthless with obviously Bigger Balls than you.

MC with Neutral Alignment preferably Chaotic Neutral MC is simply the best:blobhero:

zanari likes this.
  14. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as they aren’t hypocritical. Thats why I like Fang Yuan from reveren insanity.

15. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correction, MC only kills "male" who tried to kill him and keep the woman as his slave

JinVodka and Chrono Vlad like this.
  16. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    MC of the novel Isaac is exactly like that. Don't get me wrong. It is absolutely amazing novel however the way he kills people is just nuts.

17. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I rather have an MC that has no mercy than an MC that absolutely refuses to kill anything, even when their family and own lives are in danger.

c.decora and eray.gns like this.
  18. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait...

Are we talking about Arifutera MC or Evil MC?

If Arifutera MC he killed a woman from demon race when he reunited with his classmates.

19. cherryblossomsinsummer

cherryblossomsinsummer The Midnight Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I quite like merciless MCs. I've read a few in which the MC (after committing murder) would deny their own action and justify it by saying "I had no choice" or sumn, berate others who kill and continue to spit bullshit justice. I hate it, especially when there's double standard going around in the novel. I like MCs who are willing to accept the ugly truth of the world and learn how to protect themselves :blobnobully:

20. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more of the middle of the pack...

I don't like senseless killers as they have no class at all. Killing without clear purpose is categorized as that. As much as i don't like senseless killing, I don't like much more the pushover pacifist ones more.

So i guess yeah as long as they have clear purpose i think i can stomach it but senseless killing of lives aren't...

Atleast that means they just know their goals on their end is heavier than the lives of others, it still has weight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.