Art Any pixel artists around?

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Viken, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just a feeler from me, because someone else on a different forum is asking about it.

A small-time game developer is looking for a pixel artist, or a group of them, whom can create assets for a game they are in the process of making. From what I understand, there aren't many pixel artists around anymore, and the people the developer have looked at before keep flaking on them.

So if anyone here has the time, and is interested in making a bit of money doing so, feel free to stop by: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164655.msg7846134#msg7846134

The game in question is called Outer Colony, and if anyone has played Dwarf Fortress, then you'll get what it's all about. Lol. Sci-fi-ish city/colony builder. The art assets are going to be part of the rendering of the game, so it's a good chance for those whom want to get in on the action.

The game webpage is here: https://voyagergames.com/

I'm not part of the project in any way, but I definitely have high hopes for the game. Lol. So I'm sharing the love here. Thanks!

2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm. . .
    there are guys who play Stardew Valley, right?
    and there's a lot of mods going out here and there,
    well I recommend hounding those guys,

PS: gonna try this game when it is done. . .
    hate it when I played a game only to be hooked and find out that it was scrapped. . .

Viken likes this.
  3. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally know the feeling. From what I understand Outer Colony is the work of one guy, and I think they had a failed Kickstarter as well, but he hasn't given up yet and has kept gathering money and support. So far the working demo is good, if rather... inorganic. Lol. You really gotta be able to dig through menus and whatnot to play it right. That's just the UI though, and it is in no way optimized. Heh.

But you could say there's quite a cult following on the Bay12 forums. Lol.

4. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I do pixel art but I think my pixel art might not fit for this as I generally just draw characters which are not isometric >.<"
    And I'd rather not make another account since I have too many accounts to manage atm.