Question Anyone else finding the Korean novels more entertaining than the Chinese ones?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SAimNE, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit I should specify for the fantasy/fighting genres. There are a few guilty pleasure normal life stories I keep up with among the CN, mainly referring to combat/power growth novels here.

I.e. dimensional sovereign isn't a great accomplishment of literature, but it was entertaining, and didn't drag out for 3k chapters. Everyone else is a returnee, seol station necromancer, and now infinite dungeon... While I wouldn't classify them as the best I've ever read, they are definitely more entertaining than a majority of the Chinese xianxia that I've read.

As of now I'm really only feeling like warlock of the magus world is really holding up the xianxia stories, tho I do feel the author is wasting the cool part of the d&d wizard magic rules ATM. Even so i don't doubt that even that will turn dull as dishwater 2k chapters in the future.

2. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I've read that's many Chinese novels I think like 3

3. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    The characters in Korean novels are infinitely better.

4. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't that just cause you like things coming to an end quickly rather than have to see Goku screaming for like 10 eps to power up?

5. amm sama92

amm sama92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solo Clear

6. Reyrey

Reyrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, well that just your opinion mate. I hardly event pick Korean novel anyway, the reviews always putting me off to start readinh it.

7. Mordiggian

Mordiggian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noor likes this.
  8. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The characters are a main issue I have with the Chinese xianxia ATM. One of the reasons I haven't got tired of magus is because he's just as psychotic as the rest, but he owns it and doesn't get all holier than thou when people turn it against them. That character model, and the world bending to support their "righteousness" bugged me ever since I started reading stellar transformations on the forums, and my distaste has greatly grown since then.

9. IRREGULAR

IRREGULAR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then your losing out man.
    Theyre a lot more fun to read.
    The reviews badmounts them sure, but it just takes 5 chapter for you to never stop reading

10. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    i moved to korean novels since they are shorter. most of the chinese novels that i've read feels too similar when it comes to stories and it takes forever to be completely translated and some are even dropped half way.

11. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    KR is basically the goodness of both CN and JP packed into 200-300 chapters. After that much compression, there's no place for the bs!

12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    the KR novels that i've read that seemed good usually end up suffering from a horrible and rushed ending of something along the lines of "and then he fought and became a god, the end." "but... it's not that sort of-" "HE BECAME A GOD, THE END!!!"

also,
    [​IMG]

(i love this comic...)

Stark3, dipo and Xilphidae like this.
  13. IRREGULAR

Reading List:
    Link
    And you also have to consider the fact that CN novel takes too long to fully translated and even when it does you get really disappointed cause it becomes dull and boring.
    Korean novels may not have as many chapters but atleast the hype of reading from start to finish doesnt diminish. Cause they finish the stories when its time to finish. CN stories just stretches the story out even when the author have no more fresh ideas.

StudentAloe and raysha18 like this.
  14. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes it is. Title told everyone that much o.o

15. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I rotate to keep everything fresh so I don't get bored.

Fang4 and Xilphidae like this.
  16. IRREGULAR

Reading List:
    Link
    Atleast it aint like the synopsis of some CN novel where they dont tell you shit about the story.

SAimNE likes this.
  17. Doctoris

Doctoris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean novels have a faster pace and I think that's why they seem more entertaining, short and fast paced is a good combo for some stories. Also, in chinese novels where they describe ghe MC sitting in a cave and thinking for 5 chapters can be tedious. Also, most korean novels i've seen have game elements which helps keep my interest.

18. IRREGULAR

Reading List:
    Link
    Im gonna ask since im here now,
    Any of you guys know when the next chapter of dungeon defense is gonna come out?

19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest reason why most Chinese novels (Specifically XiaXian) feel so awesome is because after reading/watching thousands of beta JP MCs you start wanting the whole kill everyone Alpha. But even that gets old over time.

At one point you just want an MC who is not a Beta nor an Alpha. Aka someone who kills when they need to and not kill when they don't. Someone who knows when to step forward or when to step back.

Hence why Korean novels tend to be so much better. You still get the best of the line MC but at same time he acts more rational and you can relate more with them.

And lets not even talk about the Chinese novels spending 5 chapters discussing 1 punch. Cause you know you need to spend a chapter for each character the MC has ever met to discuss that 1 punch and how they feel about it.

Mystic Wonders and StudentAloe like this.
  20. garunix

garunix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally the Korean novels avoid a lot of the annoying tropes like arrogant young masters and repetitive competitions which make a lot of the CN novels seem like shit and useless fuck weak MCs which make JP novels seem like shit while keeping the parts people like (second chance reincarnation, game style world building, etc.) which makes their novels shorter and seem higher quality

Though there are still some good CN novels that are long-lasting and maintains a high quality of writing throughout. As someone caught up with the raws, I guarantee you Cultivation Chat Group and Daoist Gu are both amazing CN series that go on for over 1000+ chapters yet don't drop in quality but instead get better with the world building

Stark3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.